No

“Free your mind”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#99111 Apr 19, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never denied Asherah,
But extremely few people, in all of history for that matter, believe she was God's wife.
You must be 'special'.
Smile.
You don't pay attention apparently. Nor have you read much Biblical scholarship, I see. For thousands of years it's been acknowledged that Asherah was Yahweh's counterpart. What you don't understand is that El is the original godhead. Judah was faithful to Yahweh, god of war, so used that god to rally his troops and force convert the other Hebrew peoples through military battle....which is where the taking the young girls for yourselves, bashing the babies heads against the rocks, and killing all men and most adult women unless they were young enough to be work slaves came in....you know, genocide. You really need to learn some history.

And you darn right I'm special! I stand alone and don't need the kind of groupthink you tout. Too much knowledge out there to the contrary of your so-called truth, which is only based on faith not fact. But your veiled hate and condescension are both duly noted.

“Free your mind”

Location hidden

#99112 Apr 19, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. Ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior making ss marriage an oxymoron.
Two sentences, and your position is destroyed.
Smirk.
<quoted text>
I didn't make the evaluation honey, evolutionary scientists did.
You clearly lack the tool to make any evaluation...
SMirk.
You are wrong all the way around and outright lying for your position. Marriage is a civil institution regardless of whether religious or civil authorities officiate over it. It is a contract and falls under contract law.

" The legal union of a couple as spouses. The basic elements of a marriage are:(1) the parties' legal ability to marry each other,(2) mutual consent of the parties, and (3) a marriage contract as required by law."
http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/marriage

The laws in the Bible were to govern marriage at that time; however, just as today, rabbis would kill wives, or pay to have them killed, to marry a younger wife...remember Jesus' words to the elders, or even more interesting his wordless actions, when they brought the "adulteress" to him? They just don't get away with it quite as much today, but we do know it still happens per court records and media reports.

“Free your mind”

Location hidden

#99113 Apr 19, 2014
Gatvol wrote:
Done care about the sin part but the idea of sticking your d**k up someone rear or someone trying to stick their d**k up my rear is just so wrong.
I understand how you feel. Personally, I never had a conscious choice to make and was attracted to males once I hit adolescence. Before that I hated boys and they were gross. I just think people are born the way they are; sometimes imbalances in hormone output takes place. Maybe heterosexuals like myself are imbalanced and bisexuals have the real balance going on. I don't know. Regardless, our constitution spells out individual rights, and my rights aren't infringed by the marriage, civil union, or whatever one calls it of same sex couples. In fact, since marriage is a contract between two people, it is an institution that only affects those two people who made the conscious choice to marry. I see no reason to breach anyone's rights as an individual to enter into a consensual contract.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#99114 Apr 19, 2014
Gatvol wrote:
Done care about the sin part but the idea of sticking your d**k up someone rear or someone trying to stick their d**k up my rear is just so wrong.
So you're not gay. No one will force you.

The "sin" (or just "poor behavior" if you prefer) comes from interfering with what other consenting adults choose to do together, or in vilifying them for it. Remember that lots of straight people enjoy anal sex, and some gay people do not. We should all simply respect that everyone should have the right to pursue whatever consensual activity they choose.

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

#99115 Apr 19, 2014
Some1 Else wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does Jesus mention anything about gays? And who was that young boy that was half-clothed accompanying him? How do you know that Jesus WASN'T gay? That would have been a great reason for him to rebel against the oppressive theocratic rule of the Jewish authorities and Torah, which really just equates to man made law anyway.
Jesus would also have walked naked without clothes to give moral support to the "nudest lobby" of our time!!

Why you people make fun at one of the Mightiest Messenger and Prophet of God?

Every Tom Dick and harry comes with his or her own theory and standards and smears the personality of this great messenger of God.

It hurts us Muslims, who revere and respect all prophets of God.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#99118 Apr 20, 2014
Homosexuality means extinction of the human race.
Adam

#99119 Apr 20, 2014
Homosexuality is against procreation and produces only sickness and immorality.
Adam

#99121 Apr 20, 2014
Illuminati Homosexuality Satanic Agenda 2013

Adam

#99122 Apr 20, 2014
"And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.
Adam

#99123 Apr 20, 2014
Jude 7 and Homosexuality

Jude 7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
Shivar

Bucheon, Korea

#99124 Apr 20, 2014
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't rejected anyone. No such gods have presented themselves to me to BE rejected. When they do, we'll have a little conversation, and I can make a decision at that point.
What I reject is the idea that I (or anyone) can know things which are not supported by evidence (or which are often contradicted by evidence). Everything else remains "unproven". Possible, maybe, but unicorns and leprechauns might be "possible" in that context. Give me proof first, and then I will accept it as true.
The universe exists. This is the limit of what I can say I know about its origin. I do not know that a god created it. There is no tag hanging off the universe saying "Made in Heaven". I certainly can't rely on the word of a book which includes talking animals, or men whose physical strength is located in their hair. These are the hallmarks of myth, and there are many such mythological books in the world. To put my trust in such books, is to trust that they WEREN'T written by primitives who enjoyed slavery and land-grabs.
If God IS real, then he would've known before the beginning of time that I would "reject" him. He would also know why. He chose to create me anyway, knowing that my eternal destination would be one of pain and suffering. Understand this? He COULD have left me un-created, thereby reducing the pain and suffering in the universe. Instead, he deliberately ADDED to the pain and suffering in the universe.
This is unnecessarily evil. It is not loving. It is not tenable as an argument (except maybe for the existence of an evil god). Christianity describes a God who rewards people for jumping to supernatural conclusions, and who punishes people for using their reason and intellect to reach a conclusion that we cannot gain information about a so-called "supernatural". There are few things that could be less realistic.
Now THAT'S a wonderful post.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#99125 Apr 20, 2014
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't rejected anyone. No such gods have presented themselves to me to BE rejected. When they do, we'll have a little conversation, and I can make a decision at that point.
What I reject is the idea that I (or anyone) can know things which are not supported by evidence (or which are often contradicted by evidence). Everything else remains "unproven". Possible, maybe, but unicorns and leprechauns might be "possible" in that context. Give me proof first, and then I will accept it as true.
The universe exists. This is the limit of what I can say I know about its origin. I do not know that a god created it. There is no tag hanging off the universe saying "Made in Heaven". I certainly can't rely on the word of a book which includes talking animals, or men whose physical strength is located in their hair. These are the hallmarks of myth, and there are many such mythological books in the world. To put my trust in such books, is to trust that they WEREN'T written by primitives who enjoyed slavery and land-grabs.
If God IS real, then he would've known before the beginning of time that I would "reject" him. He would also know why. He chose to create me anyway, knowing that my eternal destination would be one of pain and suffering. Understand this? He COULD have left me un-created, thereby reducing the pain and suffering in the universe. Instead, he deliberately ADDED to the pain and suffering in the universe.
This is unnecessarily evil. It is not loving. It is not tenable as an argument (except maybe for the existence of an evil god). Christianity describes a God who rewards people for jumping to supernatural conclusions, and who punishes people for using their reason and intellect to reach a conclusion that we cannot gain information about a so-called "supernatural". There are few things that could be less realistic.
You are not daily ranting on here about leprechauns. You are not offended by unicorns, yet you are by someone YOU CLAIM YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN!

I rationally note that you HAVE not just rejected God, but even belief in Him. You are without excuse, and only have yourself to blame.
Shivar

Bucheon, Korea

#99126 Apr 20, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

I rationally note
Um, no.

You're a looney-tunes.

Location hidden

#99128 Apr 20, 2014
Some1 Else wrote:
<quoted text>
No one ever thought eunuchs were born that way! They knew they were castrated ON PURPOSE at an early age. Some barbaric form of religious sacrificial ritual practice on babies, like circumcision, only far worse, I'd imagine. Those babies were turned into girlie men so the priests could get their rocks off and feel justified doing so since those poor eunuchs didn't have the usual "male" equipment. The "officials' and wealthy men started grooming those kids at very young ages sexually, just as pedophiles still do today.
AND if it did say that eunuchs were born that way, then you have no leg to stand on for your hate against anyone for their sexual orientation, which is vastly influenced by biological processes such as hormone output and imbalances; that part is something the writers DID know about, and it had been known for quite some time as of those writings. Chop a boys parts off and you get something more like a girl. You are hating on people, who by the Bible are God's children, every single one.
Honey, you don't know what you are talking about.

Do you know how they described homosexuality back then?

Do you know the different cultural practices of sex in that setting and time? Clearly not, since you falsely accuse castration on religious practice.

Do you have a different interpretation of the passage that make sense in context?

I don't hate anyone for their sexual orientation. Especially since I am a genetic chimera and a hermaphrodite. Literally a lesbian trapped in a straight man. Moreover, I clearly understand more about sexuality than you do.

I accurately note that ss couples do not qualify for marriage because homosexuality is a failure of mating behavior. Stating a scientific fact is not hate.

However, judging me out of ignorance is hate.

Smile.

Location hidden

#99129 Apr 20, 2014
Some1 Else wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't pay attention apparently. Nor have you read much Biblical scholarship, I see. For thousands of years it's been acknowledged that Asherah was Yahweh's counterpart. What you don't understand is that El is the original godhead. Judah was faithful to Yahweh, god of war, so used that god to rally his troops and force convert the other Hebrew peoples through military battle....which is where the taking the young girls for yourselves, bashing the babies heads against the rocks, and killing all men and most adult women unless they were young enough to be work slaves came in....you know, genocide. You really need to learn some history.
And you darn right I'm special! I stand alone and don't need the kind of groupthink you tout. Too much knowledge out there to the contrary of your so-called truth, which is only based on faith not fact. But your veiled hate and condescension are both duly noted.
Well, well, well, I'm impressed!

Please, can you give me the Bible references for your knowledge?

Smile.

Location hidden

#99130 Apr 20, 2014
Some1 Else wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong all the way around and outright lying for your position. Marriage is a civil institution regardless of whether religious or civil authorities officiate over it. It is a contract and falls under contract law.
" The legal union of a couple as spouses. The basic elements of a marriage are:(1) the parties' legal ability to marry each other,(2) mutual consent of the parties, and (3) a marriage contract as required by law."
http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/marriage
The laws in the Bible were to govern marriage at that time; however, just as today, rabbis would kill wives, or pay to have them killed, to marry a younger wife...remember Jesus' words to the elders, or even more interesting his wordless actions, when they brought the "adulteress" to him? They just don't get away with it quite as much today, but we do know it still happens per court records and media reports.
Honey, read what I wrote slowly.

"At its most basic essence".

A law regulates something that already exists. Hence, law is not the most basic essence of marriage.

Marriage has existed in every culture in human history. Even cultures with no written legal code.

Moreover, social scientists assert that marriage would not exist were it not for the fruit of mating behavior (children), since mating behavior is the strongest drive animals possess.

However, ss couples are a total failure of mating behavior, making ss marriage an oxymoron.

I missed the verse on Rabbis killing wives, can you give me that reference too?

Smile.

Location hidden

#99131 Apr 20, 2014
Some1 Else wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand how you feel. Personally, I never had a conscious choice to make and was attracted to males once I hit adolescence. Before that I hated boys and they were gross. I just think people are born the way they are; sometimes imbalances in hormone output takes place. Maybe heterosexuals like myself are imbalanced and bisexuals have the real balance going on. I don't know. Regardless, our constitution spells out individual rights, and my rights aren't infringed by the marriage, civil union, or whatever one calls it of same sex couples. In fact, since marriage is a contract between two people, it is an institution that only affects those two people who made the conscious choice to marry. I see no reason to breach anyone's rights as an individual to enter into a consensual contract.
You don't need marriage for a contract. Just get a lawyer.

SMile.
Eradicate Stupidity

Iowa City, IA

#99132 Apr 20, 2014
Some1 Else wrote:
<quoted text>
Biblical punches? More proof that book is violent and causes violent tendencies, and the ability to delude oneself into believing he only speaks truth based on a Bronze Age book that tells you the earth is flat.
Since you brought up fluffy bunnies, go ahead and explain to us what bunnies and eggs have to do with Jesus. Inquiring minds want to know...
. Your understanding of the Bible is pathetic, like many today. The Bible is true and you will realize that too late, most likely; so I suggest you get rid of your bias and read it with fair-mindedness. You might find it altogether different if you do that.

Your last comment is interesting. It bothers me that a pagan religious practice has been instilled into Christianity. I am perpetually amazed by Christians who ignorantly believe itís okay to mix Easteróthe word itself is paganóbunnies and eggs with Jesusís death, burial, and resurrection, the most important event in the history of the human race. It should be very offensive to anyone who believes in Jesus as his Lord and Saviour to have this pagan nonsense considered part of Christian beliefs.
Toby

Portland, OR

#99133 Apr 20, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus would also have walked naked without clothes to give moral support to the "nudest lobby" of our time!!
Why you people make fun at one of the Mightiest Messenger and Prophet of God?
Every Tom Dick and harry comes with his or her own theory and standards and smears the personality of this great messenger of God.
It hurts us Muslims, who revere and respect all prophets of God.
Is that why Christians are persecuted, even murdered by Muslims all over the Globe, because you have so much "respect" for their prophet?
Toby

Portland, OR

#99134 Apr 20, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not daily ranting on here about leprechauns. You are not offended by unicorns, yet you are by someone YOU CLAIM YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN!
I rationally note that you HAVE not just rejected God, but even belief in Him. You are without excuse, and only have yourself to blame.
When you start ranting on about leprechauns and unicorns everyday, then you will get a response about leprechauns and unicorns, people usually "respond" in context and proportion to the subject matter being presented. Since you incessantly rant on, using Abrahamic religions as a weapon to bludgeon people with, then you will get a response about your archaic religion. There are two primary responses to your irrational diatribes, and they are always centered around your religion and anal sex, because those are the two subjects you are completely obsessed with while posting in this forum, why is that surprising to you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min UidiotraceMAkeWor... 751,113
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min New Age Spiritual... 548,864
GloBULL warming 6 min andet1987 3
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 6 min Johnny 3,698
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 9 min andet1987 5,508
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 10 min Seraphima 602,234
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 15 min Eagle 12 230,091
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr RADEKT 261,707

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE