59,181 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#99184 Apr 21, 2014
Toby wrote:
Independence and freedom is worth dying for, individual rights, human rights, etc., is worth dying for, if one is oppressed, but dying for a God doesn't necessarily mean you're dying for anything really worth dying for? Would dying for an oppressive bloodthirsty Abrahamic God really be worth dying for, anymore than dying for a bloodthirsty pagan God ?
It's okay to die for obama and bush but not for the creator of life? LOL How many did Pol Pot kill in the name of what you believe?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#99185 Apr 21, 2014
Some1 Else wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh geez! You haven't even actually read the Bible yet?? What are you doing even discussing it then?
<quoted text>
Nevermind. This post explains it all. It doesn't matter to you that you know absolutely nothing about the subject, you will go far out of your way to show your idiocy. Must be horrible to hate yourself that much.
Seriously, how old are you?
Toby

Sacramento, CA

#99186 Apr 21, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You have a very strong belief in being anti-God, that seems to be your religion. People die for Governments all the time, Humans die for non religions. What's funny is that you seem like you just woke up from a coma and are discovering basic human nature. LOL
How can I be anti- God if God doesn't exist , explain that one to me? I have woken up to the reality that delusional immortality strivers such as yourself exist, yea you're correct. First you have to prove to any degree that a deity exist the we can go from there.
Toby

Sacramento, CA

#99187 Apr 21, 2014
Not believing in something is not a belief , you can tell me there is a God and then go into a little temper tantrum when others don't believe you, but not believing in your invisible friend doesn't mean I am anti-god at all, it just means I don't believe in your fantasy. If I desire a fantasy I can create a better one.
Toby

Sacramento, CA

#99188 Apr 21, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You must be slow, I already expressed what True God I believe in. Or are you playing dumb again? My God created life, I know that makes you mad because you could have done better. LOL In Hindu's, Buddhist, Taoist, Atheist, there is no path to eternal life. Jesus is the way.

Because people aren't as credulous as you doesn't mean their slow, there are many Gods take your pick. Every religion a person is raised with to them is usually the true religion and true God, you're no exception . You're still in a coma I hope you wake up one day, until then your invisible friends will suffice.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#99189 Apr 21, 2014
Toby wrote:
<quoted text>
To KiMares narrow mind same sex marriages and the validation of same sex marriages is a zero sum relationship with opposite sex marriages, that is, he believes that any gains for same sex marriages means an equal loss for opposite sex marriages.
Regardless of whether I attack "Fundamentalist Christian beliefs" I do believe that religious freedom should be protected, but when has religious freedom become the right to discriminate, slander,villainize and persecute other people? Seems to me that same sex marriages is a positive sum instead of a zero sum.
well said. A few years back I wrote a response to a story from NJ about a woman who compared SSM to destroying a prised family heirloom; such as a portrait.

I held that rather than destroying or demeaning a prised family heirloom, SSM is actually an ode and tribute to the values that heirloom represented. I also held that any marriage, straight or gay, is a work of art, and as we know in art, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#99190 Apr 21, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
I agree, you are lost and confused. Life is simple for me, I believe in the Cross.

Well, I don't believe that people can come back to life. Does this really make me "lost and confused"? Am I a bad person, who deserves to be lit on fire and never, ever put out, just because I have trouble accepting stories about magical events from millennia ago? Oh, and because I pursue a relationship with someone of the only gender toward which I feel attraction.

And God is okay with me being lost and confused over this? Just toss me in the trash, light me on fire, and leave me to writhe in agony for eons and eons without end? No problem? God doesn't want to, maybe, give me a little more to go on? Maybe SHOW me that people can come back to life? If it's important to God that he save souls from hellfire, doesn't he feel a LITTLE more motivated to help me pick the right religion from all the religions in the world?
RiccardoFire wrote:
Maybe you can tell God where to go?

No, I would have very serious questions for him. Why should I be so crass? I have a great thirst for knowledge, but I just like to be SURE about things before I call them "beliefs". Is that so bad? How could I do otherwise? I can't MAKE myself believe something which I know I'm unsure about.

Some of the questions I would have for God, I have already presented here. Why such harsh, endless punishment for things which are not trespasses against others? Why is belief in magic such a virtue, while doubt of such things is worthy of such vicious “retribution”? How are people supposed to choose the correct religion, out of all the religions that cover the planet? Why even CREATE those people in the first place, who are KNOWN (by a being who knows everything) to be eventually doomed to such torturous suffering? Isn’t the whole UNIVERSE better off by the reduction of suffering in it, if those people are just never created to begin with?

The people that purport to represent God, and the book they claim he wrote, provide poor answers to these questions. I find it shocking that God’s reaction should be to just blithely write me off as “lost and confused”, and relegate me to suffering, suffering and more suffering. This isn’t a belief system I could even ADMIRE, even if I could come to believe it were true.
Toby

Sacramento, CA

#99191 Apr 21, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>It's okay to die for obama and bush but not for the creator of life? LOL How many did Pol Pot kill in the name of what you believe?
I don't know who you are addressing but I wouldn't die for either, and where do you equate communism to Atheism, there are many Atheist that aren't communist? By the way dumb dumb I'm agnostic,that is, I believe there is no way to know what is beyond death and if there is any God. Your critical thinking skills are as inept as your belief that others should share your religious delusion.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#99192 Apr 21, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You must be slow, I already expressed what True God I believe in..... In Hindu's, Buddhist, Taoist, Atheist, there is no path to eternal life. Jesus is the way.
I wish you well and am glad you have found your path. However

OOOPs

Hindu, Buddhist, Taoist all believe life is eternal in itself. They all believe in an afterlife and two in reincarnation which by definition is eternal life.

As for atheists, the disbelief in God does not mean they all disbelieve in an afterlife of some sort.

Why must you be deceptive about the beliefs of other religions and people?

Leviticus 19:18
King James Version (KJV)
18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the Lord.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#99193 Apr 21, 2014
Toby wrote:
<quoted text>
Because people aren't as credulous as you doesn't mean their slow, there are many Gods take your pick. Every religion a person is raised with to them is usually the true religion and true God, you're no exception . You're still in a coma I hope you wake up one day, until then your invisible friends will suffice.
hate to be the grammar nazi but your first sentence made me cringe. I offer these words of comfort:

there, they're their.

lol

BTW your posts are well done.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#99194 Apr 21, 2014
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I don't believe that people can come back to life. Does this really make me "lost and confused"? Am I a bad person, who deserves to be lit on fire and never, ever put out, just because I have trouble accepting stories about magical events from millennia ago? Oh, and because I pursue a relationship with someone of the only gender toward which I feel attraction.
And God is okay with me being lost and confused over this? Just toss me in the trash, light me on fire, and leave me to writhe in agony for eons and eons without end? No problem? God doesn't want to, maybe, give me a little more to go on? Maybe SHOW me that people can come back to life? If it's important to God that he save souls from hellfire, doesn't he feel a LITTLE more motivated to help me pick the right religion from all the religions in the world?
<quoted text>
No, I would have very serious questions for him. Why should I be so crass? I have a great thirst for knowledge, but I just like to be SURE about things before I call them "beliefs". Is that so bad? How could I do otherwise? I can't MAKE myself believe something which I know I'm unsure about.
Some of the questions I would have for God, I have already presented here. Why such harsh, endless punishment for things which are not trespasses against others? Why is belief in magic such a virtue, while doubt of such things is worthy of such vicious “retribution”? How are people supposed to choose the correct religion, out of all the religions that cover the planet? Why even CREATE those people in the first place, who are KNOWN (by a being who knows everything) to be eventually doomed to such torturous suffering? Isn’t the whole UNIVERSE better off by the reduction of suffering in it, if those people are just never created to begin with?
The people that purport to represent God, and the book they claim he wrote, provide poor answers to these questions. I find it shocking that God’s reaction should be to just blithely write me off as “lost and confused”, and relegate me to suffering, suffering and more suffering. This isn’t a belief system I could even ADMIRE, even if I could come to believe it were true.
Wonderful response to ricardo. With folks like them it's always their way or you're doomed.

It's always fascinated me to watch how those who are wanting religious exemptions written into business laws are also the same ones who condemn you for your deeply held religious beliefs and in fact insist that you need to change them or face eternal damnation.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#99195 Apr 21, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Ss couples will always ever be inferior to marriage. Forever, absolutely mutually barren and sterile and never able to be more than a pointless duplicate gendered half of marriage.
Embarrassing and silly.
Smile.
ahh the sound of the kimare

hauntingly repetitive

like the sound of an old scratched Victrola

never able to be more than a pointless duplicate

barren and sterile

Forever

hauntingly repetitive

the sound of the kimare
Toby

Sacramento, CA

#99196 Apr 21, 2014
I do take notice that many adherents of Abrahamic religions are extremely sanctimonious and self righteous, they get easily offended to anyone who questions their religion or their puritanical nonsense. They basically have no theory of mind, and comprehending that other people have different beliefs is baffling to them. To KiMare all marriages must be opposite sex marriages, and the thought that a majority of people support same sex marriages is something that can't be consciously accepted.

To KiMare same sex marriages really don't exist,to him/ her, it is conceptually impossible. It seems that same sex marriages is interpreted as a challenge to traditional marriages to KiMare and he has to go about everyday attempting to prove that. If same sex marriages were really inferior and a passing phase then KiMare wouldn't be so frantic and spending such an inordinate amount of time opposing it. Same sex marriage is not only a reality to KiMare but something that intimidates his fundamentalist beliefs. It's amusing to watch him squirm and fanatically oppose the social changes he can't prevent.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#99197 Apr 21, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
It's worse than that, according to the Bible, God determines EVERY person's life span!
And yet according to that same nonsensical book you have free will. Go figure. LOL!
lol

Cheyenne, WY

#99198 Apr 21, 2014
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>ahh the sound of the kimare
hauntingly repetitive
barren and sterile
Forever
hauntingly repetitive
the sound of the kimare
lmao they do tend to repeat dont they.
after i just read your statement i went back from page 1 and there are so many repeats of the same things over and over again that its not funny. someone even said the same things i am saying now.

San Francisco

#99199 Apr 21, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 19
'eunuchs born that way'
Bzzzzt! Wrong answer.

San Francisco

#99200 Apr 21, 2014
Adam wrote:
Homosexuality means extinction of the human race.
It never has in the past, for humans or any other animal.

Logic foils you again Adam. Sorry.

San Francisco

#99201 Apr 21, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, you don't know what you are talking about.
I love it when you get sassy. Did you say that with your hands on your hips and a head bobble?

San Francisco

#99202 Apr 21, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, you are lost and confused. Life is simple for me, I believe in the Cross.
You don't think a religion who's main symbol is a torture device is a little bit creepy?
Toby

Sacramento, CA

#99203 Apr 21, 2014
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>ahh the sound of the kimare
hauntingly repetitive
barren and sterile
Forever
hauntingly repetitive
the sound of the kimare
He repeats the same pseudo-scientific drivel like it is a mantra, verbatim day after day. If he says it enough one day he might even begin to believe it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 42 min Steve 637,924
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 280,531
Fischbach army depot-NATO site 67 (Mar '07) 1 hr RON WERNKE 444
Play "end of the word" part 2 1 hr Al Capone 1,462
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Steve 43,901
Gay sex in raigarh (Jun '15) 1 hr Anup 705
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Thinking 29,803
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr trifecta1 617,968
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Hukt on Fonix 968,870
More from around the web