I can't see where you are pointing.

Are you pointing at your butt?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#98506 Mar 31, 2014
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
Outline these "correct points" for me, one after another, in list form.
<quoted text>
Something we're STILL trying to understand. Science does not make the claims that you say. There is no confirmable model of the universe yet.
<quoted text>
Where does science agree with that nonsense? Eventually rolled back up? Have you not heard of the Heat Death?
Where does science agree with the Garden? Or the fruit? Or the snake? Or the languages at Babel? Or Samson's hair? Or walking on water? Or virgin births? Or the dead coming back to life? Or water changing spontaneously into wine?
You don't seem to even CARE that the WHOLE Bible is selling you snake oil. You seem to have read the words "rolled up" and forked over the currency of your belief without further question.
<quoted text>
It isn't right, not in the least. That's neither an accurate nor adequate description of the universe. You are quoting Revelations, where it says that the stars will fall to the Earth. The stars will never do this. This is a gross misunderstanding of the nature of stars.
The opportunity that a god had to teach us REAL information about the universe was wasted, if that god exists. Instead we get nonsense about magic snakes and magic fruit, and you don't seem to have the faculties to even scratch your head in doubt. Belief in magic does strange things to people.
<quoted text>
No, I'm a human being. Even a parent does not have utter control over their children. Eventually they must recognize their children's burgeoning maturity, and grant them sovereignty over their own lives. If a God creates humans, he is immoral if he does not recognize the very same rights for his "children". Dividing humans into "honorable" and "common" groups is immoral. Patiently hiding himself, and then punishing people for not believing stories about his hidden magic is immoral. The more I hear about this alleged god, the less I would be inclined to worship him even if he WERE real. I can behave a 1000 times better than his divisive, genocidal, misogynistic, homophobic, xenophobic, jealous, bloodthirsty, torturous and deliberately confusing patterns of misbehavior. And I would have just told people how to COOK their pork.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/29/opinion/urry-bi...

Inflation also explains why the universe has a very "flat" geometry -- something revealed in the 1990s by analysis of the spatial distribution of tiny fluctuations (hot and cold spots) in the cosmic microwave background radiation.

In principle, other geometries of space were possible. For example, a two-dimensional surface can be flat like a table; convex like the surface of a sphere (also called open); or concave like the surface of a saddle (also called closed).

For the universe to be flat requires a very precise balance. It has infinitely more ways to be open or closed, with strong curvature, weak curvature, or anything in between. But to be flat -- well, that's like balancing on a knife edge. Inflation naturally explains this odd fact.

Smile.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#98507 Mar 31, 2014
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>And Christianity doesn't disqualify other religions, even your God knows He's not the only one in the room.<quoted text>As far as we know, there have been homosexuals since there have been people. Nature and God have their reasons, even if you don't get them. <quoted text>Genesis is a retelling of 3000 years worth of Hebrew campfire tales, not a literal history of the world and not the story of the entire human species. Of course the tradition predates the books by Moses, at least parts of a couple of old testament works are believed to predate Moses.
Moses is a Mythological creature

Moses had nothing to do with the writing of the Pentateuch

Location hidden

#98508 Mar 31, 2014
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>

No, I'm a human being. Even a parent does not have utter control over their children. Eventually they must recognize their children's burgeoning maturity, and grant them sovereignty over their own lives. If a God creates humans, he is immoral if he does not recognize the very same rights for his "children". Dividing humans into "honorable" and "common" groups is immoral. Patiently hiding himself, and then punishing people for not believing stories about his hidden magic is immoral. The more I hear about this alleged god, the less I would be inclined to worship him even if he WERE real. I can behave a 1000 times better than his divisive, genocidal, misogynistic, homophobic, xenophobic, jealous, bloodthirsty, torturous and deliberately confusing patterns of misbehavior. And I would have just told people how to COOK their pork.
No, according to you, you are an atheist which makes you an animal who exists for a micro second in time.

If you are the creation of a Being, He has every right to do with you as He pleases. Especially when you are faulty. More so, when you reject the fix He has provided.

Location hidden

#98509 Mar 31, 2014
bert wrote:
god changes people from within. he gives us new hearts. he takes away desires that destroy us and others.
he wants moms and dads to marry and remain married. it is good for them and for their children. divorce hurts people.
god doesn't want us to hate or to kill or to take what doesn't belong to us. he wants us to love and to forgive. he helps us to desire these things. in fact, it is he, working within us, who creates within our hearts "the want to" to love and to forgive.
it is not about the outsides. man cares about the externals. god cares about the insides, our insides, our thoughts and intentions
learn to love thyself

leave others to love as they may

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#98510 Mar 31, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 9:20-23 (NASB)
20 On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, "Why did you make me like this," will it?
21 Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for common use?
22 What if God, although willing to demonstrate His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction?
23 And He did so to make known the riches of His glory upon vessels of mercy, which He prepared beforehand for glory,
Are you a vessel prepared for destruction?
Please. You are about as much of a Christian as I am.

Location hidden

#98511 Mar 31, 2014
Toby wrote:
<quoted text>
What's frightening is the possibility of fundamentalist Christians precipitating and helping to carry out their own Christian end of the World prophecies, that is, their own Christian self fulfilling eschatology.Fundamentalist Christians have orgasms simply thinking about different end of the world scenarios.
Many adherents to Abrahamic religions look forward to the supposed end of the world, instead of valuing this life, they value the idealistic promised one in the next, why not treat their fellow humans with dignity and respect in this living existence, and live this life to its fullest, but they trade sincerity for religious fanaticism and rest their happiness on the hope of transcendence.
Creating a better World and valuing this life is exchanged for immortality striving, and that will ensure that end of the World prophecies will be more likely to occur in some form or another.
the belief system produces deluded hate machines

christianity is a failed moral system

Location hidden

#98512 Mar 31, 2014
ERASER et al wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't part of the topic. However, lust (that is focusing in on with the mind an act of sexuality) is a sin. One sin is enough to separate you from God. Therefore, they are equally bad. I get your idea. It is valid. There are people who call themselves Christians, yet they actively participate in sex outside the bounds of marriage. Some of those same people accuse homosexuals of being wrong. Allowing oneself to obsess about another person sexually is a sin. It is equally wrong.
Some Christians work overtime distinguishing between sins. Sins do not receive lower or higher marks. Sin separates us from God. When we try to say our sins are not as bad as others, then we assume God will judge us by the severity of our sins. Christianity affirms that if God judges a person on his sins and finds one sin, then it is enough to merit eternal death. For Christians, the answer is to be judged by a different standard. We should want to be judged by our association to Jesus. Therefore, a Christian should never gloat about being better than another person.
Homosexuality (the active pursuit of sexual activity of another of the same sex) is a sin according to the Bible. Being born with homosexual genetic traits is not a sin. It is the practice that is a sin.
The Bible is a hard book to understand fully. However, it is made more difficult by those who use religious terms to define things that are simple. I am for relabeling words in the Bible as they should be in our language. For instance... the word church is not a biblical word. I would like to see that word be exchanged for assembly, gathering, or some other word. The word baptism is a transliteration that does not provide insight into the word. I would like the word baptism to be replaced with immersion. That is the actual Greek meaning of the word that is written in the Bible as baptism. The word Bible itself is not valid. Bible is a word that means scrolls. Most modern people use books. The "Bible" is actually a codex. I would rather call it God's word, or The word.
Language can either be used to clarify of mystify. If we really intend for people to know God's word, then we should clarify. If we want to set up a hierarchy of power... mystification works well for that purpose. I believe the clear answer is we need to be clear.
let us also change:

bible >>> to >>> garbage

faith >>> to >>> delusion

christian >>> to >>> criminal

let us get it all right

Location hidden

#98513 Mar 31, 2014
ERASER et al wrote:
<quoted text>
When sin came into the world through Adam, the world became defective. There are all sorts of maladies that occur in people. Some are born with spina bifida while others have malformations. Some people have a flawed set of DNA. That flaw can lead to a person being attracted to the same sex.
If nature guided things people or animals would have heteral sexual orientation. In a perfect world nature would not create a situation that would not benefit the ongoing success of a species. Therefore, in nature, homosexuality is a flaw.
I wear glasses. Before corrective lenses were created, a person such as I would have a hard time surviving. I am genetically flawed in that way. I don't wish to continue being flawed by sight. I have worn glasses for the majority of my life. I had corrective surgery to repair some of my vision problems. I still need glasses to help me read. God did not purposefully make me nearsighted. God did not purposefully make others blind. God made man in His image, and man chose to pursue something other than God. Due to this, sin and death entered the world. That is the biblical account. We are defective, but it is not because of a spiteful God. We have defects because we are descendants of two perfect people, who made a decision to alter their perfection.
We can alter our imperfection. God has made a way for us to change. If we listen to the word, and absorb the meaning we will believe. If we believe we will want to change. Because of this change, we will obey the gospel in baptism (immersion), which is like the death burial and resurrection of Christ. If we are a new Christian, then we will continue to study and change to become more like Him. God's word is an inspiration to all of us if we let it. It is the only religion on the face of the earth that allows people to come from a point of destitution to wealth in God.
recent discoveries in the theory of evolution show that homosexuality does befit the survival of the genes of the "family" of the homosexual.

you are quite wrong.

You are an immoral asshole, your faith is filth , your god is evil.

the god you imagine is a projection of your psyche, that is why the god is so vile.

Location hidden

#98514 Mar 31, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
A series of brief comments fit perfectly into our understanding of science and evolution.
<quoted text>
And still no reasoned response for not just one, but a series of correct points. Something you admit took science thousands of years to understand.
Let me make it simpler for you.
The Bible says there was a beginning point for the universe. And that it was unrolled like a scroll (including being flat), and will eventually be rolled back up.
Science agrees. Finally.
Explain how a fake, fiction fairytale got that right 5,000 years ago.
Smile.
You have an inaccurate interpretation of the science

and an inaccurate interpretation of the scripture

You are a genetic mistake, it would have been much kinder had you not been born. You should blame your god

Location hidden

#98515 Mar 31, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 9:20-23 (NASB)
20 On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, "Why did you make me like this," will it?
21 Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for common use?
22 What if God, although willing to demonstrate His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction?
23 And He did so to make known the riches of His glory upon vessels of mercy, which He prepared beforehand for glory,
Are you a vessel prepared for destruction?
what if you were a person with empathy and intellect?

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#98517 Mar 31, 2014
KiMare wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/29/ opinion/urry-big-bang-findings /index.html?hpt=hp_t4
What does any of that have to do with magic fruit? Or magic power hair? Or a talking donkey? Or the formation of languages?

Why do you think they put the word "flat" inside quote marks like that? They don't really mean "flat" the way you think of it. They are talking about the EVENNESS of the universe, in which inflation explains the evenly spread temperatures throughout the universe, where before they were expecting uneven spots of hot and cold.

For the people who wrote the Bible, scrolls were the height of technology. That's how every story was presented. Of COURSE that's how they'll explain the world around them, in terms they understand. But the universe is not going to "roll up" like any scroll.

And one or two vague mentions do not a unifying theory make. If you can't explain the garden, or the fruit, or the fish ride, or Samson's hair cut, or the sun standing still in the sky, or the snake, or the donkey, or the virgin birth, or the resurrection, or walking on water, or a world wide flood, or the shepherding of two kangaroos to Australia and two penguins to the Cape of Good Hope and two tigers to Sumatra, then you haven't explained anything.

Exactly what kinds of standards do you use for comparison, that a mention of scrolls equates to 13 billion years of physics, chemistry and mathematics? At what point in the evolutionary process was Eve created from Adam's rib? During which era did she speak with the serpent? Was it the Paleolithic era? The Cenozoic? The Cretaceous? Which of these time epochs "fits perfectly" with evolution? I want a sane answer.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#98518 Mar 31, 2014
KiMare wrote:
No, according to you, you are an atheist which makes you an animal who exists for a micro second in time.
We are all animals in that respect. I do not have less value as a human being, simply because I do not accept "magic" as an explanation for complex questions. Any philosophy of thought which seeks to devalue humans in such a way is inherently immoral.
KiMare wrote:
If you are the creation of a Being, He has every right to do with you as He pleases.
No, he certainly does not. If he creates beings that are capable of thinking and feeling, then he has an obligation to respect those beings. You cannot describe a possessive tyrant with the same terms as a loving parent.
KiMare wrote:
Especially when you are faulty. More so, when you reject the fix He has provided.
If I am faulty, it is because he made me so. He does not display morality by blaming others for his own failures.

Rejecting "magic" as an answer does not reflect any faults. It would be "faulty" of me to put aside my faculties of reason, and accept any ghost-powered proposal which comes along. If God has a "fix" for me, he can come provide it to me personally. If he couldn't see in advance that I would accept this "fix" from his human spokespeople, then he is the one who is faulty. Gods should know these things in advance. Your god seems to only want to fill up the universe with the suffering of Hell.

Location hidden

#98519 Mar 31, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
what if you were a person with empathy and intellect?
Lot of hate in that series of posts...

Smile.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#98520 Mar 31, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, talk about projection.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#98521 Mar 31, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
We're not suprised! All of your post "series" are fill with hate (and misinformation).
SecretSmile, Hunty.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#98522 Mar 31, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not suprised! All of your post "series" are fill with hate (and misinformation).
SecretSmile, Hunty.
Exactly.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#98523 Apr 1, 2014
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>

If only I could play God. Now THERE'S a concept. I would certainly do things differently!?
in your human God created mind.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#98524 Apr 1, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
let us also change:
bible >>> to >>> garbage
faith >>> to >>> delusion
christian >>> to >>> criminal
let us get it all right
I suggest going to a new Forum where others like you can spit your hate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Aura Mytha 56,042
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min onemale 281,473
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min RoSesz 649,824
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Ooogah Boogah 972,385
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 3 hr Ricky F 39,053
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 4 hr Flower-Child 53,840
how long after taking the Vivitrol shot can i f... (Nov '12) 4 hr Danielle 171
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web