Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#98460 Mar 30, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sin is simply willful disobedience of a decree or directive from God and of any true Prophet and Messenger of God.

Did the guy who "discovered" that homos are our "Long Lost brothers" got a Nobel Prize yet?
I am sure Darwin did not get one!!
That would eliminate your so called true prophet, the great "mo". Mo was a rapist and pedophile.

Now your second remark about the discovered and the prize. God said to love your neighbors, you seem to hate our fellow human beings that are wired different then you. That would put your after life in great jeopardy..........Repent and Follow Jesus! He is the Life, not mo and his child wife.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#98461 Mar 30, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
Sin is simply willful disobedience of a decree or directive from God and of any true Prophet and Messenger of God.
Does this apply to all Gods and other assorted deities, their "true Prophets and Messenger(s) of God"? There are a lot of them out there, do we have to obey all of them. Even your God knows he isn't the only one in the room. If sin is willful disobedience of every decree or directive from every deity in the pantheon, their assorted "true Prophets and Messengers", all of us are in deep. Does it even apply to all of the decrees and directives handed down by the one which the big three share or do you get to pick and choose? What you have offered is a nice, concise and to the point definition which defines nothing.
MUQ1 wrote:
Sin is not the "property" of Abraham or Christians or Christianity.
The concept of sin exists in every religion that has ever existed. All religions and their assorted deities teach their followers that there are just some things they should and shouldn't be doing to avoid divine retribution.
MUQ1 wrote:
Seen in that light Homosexuality is a sin in each and every religion without fail.
Answer: False. Belief that same sex sexual acts, with or without the participation of actual homosexuals, let alone homosexuality (the innate and natural instinct to be psychologically, emotionally and sexually attracted to those of your own sex), is sinful hasn't been a constant in any belief system, let alone a universal belief. The bearing of false witness, that's a sin in Islam too, isn't it? You should have known better.
MUQ1 wrote:
There is hardly any religion or social system in the world, prior to last 50 or 60 years, which had outlawed this practice and put a penalty for those who did that.
Fibber, ignorance ain't no excuse and you really know jack about history.
MUQ1 wrote:
I do not know what Revolution took place in the field of sexology that all of a sudden they were treated like "long Lost Brothers"?
Strange but true!!
PS:
Did the guy who "discovered" that homos are our "Long Lost brothers" got a Nobel Prize yet?
I am sure Darwin did not get one!!
I feel sorry for you, I do. it's not our fault that you haven't been paying attention to reality, but we've been fighting this fight against the arrogant ignorance and irrational hate of folk like you for well over a century now. This battle has been brewing since the last couple of decades of the 19th century. We're not long lost brothers buttercup, we've always been here, but there's always been an oversupply of ugly like you to deal with and that can make like difficult for people like us.

You are free to pray that homosexuality is a sin if you want, but you don't speak for Allah, the Koran or even Islam. You speak for nothing more than your prayer you are right, Allah decides if you get it right, you don't.
Toby

Portland, OR

#98462 Mar 30, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Why the fixation on Christianity?
Homosexuality is regarded as a aberration by all major religions and cultures.
Moreover, the assault on early Judaism ignores the fact that they stand apart from the injustice and barbarism of the cultures around them. And the violence perpetrated since then is where, even today, the real injustice occurs.
You are not just barking up the wrong tree, you are joining in the very carnage adn brutality you supposedly judge.
You are clearly an ignorant bigot.
Homosexuality is not considered an aberration by every major religion, and why do you attempt to distinguish ancient Israel's barbarism from other cultures barbarism, there's a righteous barbarism? So acts of barbarism is determined and dependent on what God those acts are committed under? Also violence and carnage has been an intrinsic part of Judaism, it advocated rapes, mass-murders, plunder, slavery, stonings, genocide, virgins as spoils of war, etc., oh that was Judaistic righteous actions correct? The same applies to Islam, its barbarity is not unique or an anomaly when dealing with Abrahamic religions, it's par for the course.
I believe there are many similarities between all Abrahamic religions, and what is amusing and also tragic to any secularist, is the amount of time adherents to each Abrahamic religion will spend in attempting to positively distinguish their Abrahamic religion as superior to the other Abrahamic religions. Exactly how am I (joining in) in the carnage and brutality I oppose by making an observation and posting that observation? Do you think I support the PLO or Muslim Brotherhhood, are you that blinded by religion?
Judaism really gave birth to Christianity, but unlike Judaism of old, in Christianity,the self righteous condemnation and hatred remains, while the old testament violence and religiously sanctioned killings of adulterers,witches, fornicators,homosexuals,has been deferred to a place of everlasting punishment. What's ironic is to observe Christians condemning homosexuals, incessantly accentuating homosexuality, while omitting that heterosexual fornication which an overwhelming majority of the entire human population will engage in, leads to the same place of perpetual torment, that is, following the tenets and doctrines of Christianity.
If anything, it was the same secular societies that rigid backwards monotheistic religions despised and demonized, that later was forced to tame those religions,modernize them, enlighten them, there hasn't been very much difference between the demands of the pagan Gods and the blood thirsty demands of the monotheistic Gods, many similarities.That's why I always jokingly say, that Jesus is the new God light, with the same great taste but without all the old carnage, murder and genocidal tendencies of the Father.
Christianity is better defined as a public relations religion, that recast the negative characteristics of the Old Testament God,it presents a kinder, more gentle God, an adaptation to an advancing modern secular society. Of course that kinder more gentle (religion) has had it's drawbacks, the spanish inquisition,puritanical oppression, violent Christian secular wars between catholics and protestants, radical Christian fundamentalism, bigotry and an attempted legislation of Christian morality, but overall it is an improvement, especially in comparison to Islam.
Toby

Portland, OR

#98463 Mar 30, 2014
I mention all Abrahamic religions, so there is no fixation on one particular Abrahamic religion, you on the other hand Kimare are completely and excessively fixated about homosexuality, especially homosexual anal sex. That's why I call you our anti-anal sex crusader. By the way, homosexuals are your brothers, they are your Fathers, Mothers,Brothers, Sisters, Cousins, Aunts and Uncles, your friends and associates, your next door neighbors, and many times they are the radical homophobes who oppose and rant on against homosexuality.

Homosexuals, bisexuals and heterosexuals are your Brothers.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#98464 Mar 30, 2014
Toby wrote:
I mention all Abrahamic religions, so there is no fixation on one particular Abrahamic religion, you on the other hand Kimare are completely and excessively fixated about homosexuality, especially homosexual anal sex. That's why I call you our anti-anal sex crusader. By the way, homosexuals are your brothers, they are your Fathers, Mothers,Brothers, Sisters, Cousins, Aunts and Uncles, your friends and associates, your next door neighbors, and many times they are the radical homophobes who oppose and rant on against homosexuality.
Homosexuals, bisexuals and heterosexuals are your Brothers.
Neither the Old or New Testament condemn homosexuality. They condemn sexual immorality and sodomy. There is good medical reasons to do so.

But the fact remains that every culture in human history has recognized the abnormality of homosexuality. Nor does it take a rocket scientist to know the unhealthy aspect of anal sex.

Toby, you have a sexual defect. I do too. A genetic chimera and a hermaphrodite. Literally a lesbian trapped in a straight man. Quit trying to force your denial on other people. They resent it.

And when you try to carry it over into marriage, they REALLY resent it.

Honesty is always the best policy. People have sympathy for handicaps. They resent the demand to pretend otherwise.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#98465 Mar 30, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>The dates and timeline in the Bible might be confusing, but clearly there are fingerprints of a Divine creation in my opinion. The Bible doesn't provide specific answers for everything in life but does offer spiritual principles that can be applied to nearly every situation in life. Of course no human being understands the entire Bible, nor does any human being have all the answers (or even know all the questions).
Should the Bible be taken literally? That depends on what you mean. We must be careful not to impose our own interpretation on the scriptures. The Bible does contain much figurative language and symbolism, because this was a common communication style in the Hebrew culture.
Well said. I agree 100%.
buffalo

Paducah, KY

#98466 Mar 30, 2014
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Why aren't you getting that I have read the freaking Bible and disagree with YOUR CHOICE of interpretations. You can quote scripture from now until the second coming, it still doesn't mean that you have it right. God decides, not His Christians. You can pray that how YOU CHOOSE to read the Bible is right and that "homosexuality" is a sin, but that don't make it so. Sorry. Jesus never brings up the subject and the one New Testament author who mentions same sex sexual acts (its one and only mention in the New Testament, btw.), was of the stated belief that sex was something that ALL Christians really should be forgoing.
You speak as if your choice of beliefs exist in some sort of unbroken line throughout history. They don't. Some of your scriptural references are actually quite modern. Your deliberately mistranslated versions of Corinthians and Timothy used to be used as a condemnation of masturbation, because that was what Christians thought Paul was referring to with his man/bed, it certainly wasn't something his readers would have known as a reference to a same sex act. Those verses weren't taught as anything else until the late 19th century and the mistranslations are all products of the 20th.
This is absolute hogwash. You are arguing against fact. What you say regarding immoral acts is absolutely false. Tell me.. where do you get this stuff? The New Testament was written in NT Greek. It was a very specific language. Koine Greek was the language of the time. If you want to be serious about what the Bible says, then you have to understand Koine Greek. It isn't something that was made up in the last century. The Old Testament was written in Hebrew. There is a Hebrew word for homosexuality (the sexual act) is &#1514;&#1468;&#14 65;&#1493;&#1506;& #1461;&#1489;&#1464; &#1492; It means to lie down with as with a woman.

Jesus came to fulfill the OT. The OT was not a bad law. The OT was incomplete. The OT brought death because it defined to people what was sin. It did not give a solution. The NT, through Christ gives the solution. i.e faith in Jesus. Abraham was saved by his faith. However, it was Jesus Christ, who actually saved Abraham. Jesus' death provided the sacrifice that was missing in the OT. The sacrifices of the OT could not take away sin. The OT pointed the way to Jesus, who was the perfect sacrifice for those under the old law, and those to live under the new testament.

Depending upon your ability to obey the law is a death sentence. No one can do it. Only Jesus was perfect. You can pick to live under the law or under Christ. If you choose to live under the law you have to do it perfectly. One error, and you are lost. Living for Christ means you don't justify yourself, or find an out. The point of living for Christ is becoming a servant, and that means we relinquish our control. The good you do is not enough to overcome the bad. It doesn't work that way. Being a Christian requires admitting your sins. It requires repenting of those sins (which incorporates change).

Homosexuality was a sin under the OT, and it is currently a sin under the NT. I showed you the scriptures. It is a sin. Whether you chose to follow Christ is completely up to you. It takes more than saying I am a Christian or wearing a cross. To follow Christ means to change. It is your choice. Christians should never act as if they are better than others. Having a superiority complex indicates a person believes they can live by their own merits. Again, living under the law is a losing proposition. I hope you submit to Christ, completely. I am not better than you or anyone else. If not for Christ I would be in a sorry position. I am very, very blessed to have been placed in a position where I could have learned the story of Christ. I wish you well.
buffalo

Paducah, KY

#98467 Mar 30, 2014
sorry for the confusing words. Obviously this forum does not allow for Greek or Hebrew words. It is most unfortunate.
buffalo

Paducah, KY

#98468 Mar 30, 2014
The fact that other religions and cultures have similar regulations does not disqualify Christianity. If God made man in His own image, then nature itself indicates certain things which are clearly right or wrong. According to Hebrew scripture, God revealed Himself to man at various times before Moses. Moses began to put down what God revealed to him. However, God's people followed and worshiped God before the written word.
bert

Anonymous Proxy

#98469 Mar 30, 2014
The end is here. Repent
bert

Japan

#98470 Mar 30, 2014
god changes people from within. he gives us new hearts. he takes away desires that destroy us and others.

he wants moms and dads to marry and remain married. it is good for them and for their children. divorce hurts people.

god doesn't want us to hate or to kill or to take what doesn't belong to us. he wants us to love and to forgive. he helps us to desire these things. in fact, it is he, working within us, who creates within our hearts "the want to" to love and to forgive.

it is not about the outsides. man cares about the externals. god cares about the insides, our insides, our thoughts and intentions

this one

#98471 Mar 30, 2014
buffalo wrote:
This is absolute hogwash.
Prove it.
buffalo wrote:
You are arguing against fact.
Fact you say? Prove it.
buffalo wrote:
What you say regarding immoral acts is absolutely false.
Another claim which needs proof.
buffalo wrote:
Tell me.. where do you get this stuff?
It's called learning fact, you might try it some time.
buffalo wrote:
The New Testament was written in NT Greek. It was a very specific language. Koine Greek was the language of the time. If you want to be serious about what the Bible says, then you have to understand Koine Greek. It isn't something that was made up in the last century.
The language of today's Christian is utter ignorance. The earliest known copies of the Bible as we know it are written in Koine Greek, the original gospels and other works were likely written in the languages of their original audiences. While Greek was a common written language that many would be familiar with, it was far from the only language of the people they were writing to and for.
buffalo wrote:
The Old Testament was written in Hebrew. There is a Hebrew word for homosexuality (the sexual act) is It means to lie down with as with a woman.
No? Really? Plagiarize some more.
buffalo wrote:
Jesus came to fulfill the OT....
So much for proof of hogwash. Hon you choose to believe that the Bible teaches you anything you want it to. Having read the book myself, I know there are all sorts of things you can believe after reading it. But whether you are right about it or not isn't your call, it's God's. You can point to anything you want to in the book, it's only you doing the pointing, not God.

this one

#98472 Mar 30, 2014
buffalo wrote:
The fact that other religions and cultures have similar regulations does not disqualify Christianity.
And Christianity doesn't disqualify other religions, even your God knows He's not the only one in the room.
buffalo wrote:
If God made man in His own image, then nature itself indicates certain things which are clearly right or wrong.
As far as we know, there have been homosexuals since there have been people. Nature and God have their reasons, even if you don't get them.
buffalo wrote:
According to Hebrew scripture, God revealed Himself to man at various times before Moses. Moses began to put down what God revealed to him. However, God's people followed and worshiped God before the written word.
Genesis is a retelling of 3000 years worth of Hebrew campfire tales, not a literal history of the world and not the story of the entire human species. Of course the tradition predates the books by Moses, at least parts of a couple of old testament works are believed to predate Moses.
Toby

Portland, OR

#98473 Mar 30, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither the Old or New Testament condemn homosexuality. They condemn sexual immorality and sodomy. There is good medical reasons to do so.
But the fact remains that every culture in human history has recognized the abnormality of homosexuality. Nor does it take a rocket scientist to know the unhealthy aspect of anal sex.
Toby, you have a sexual defect. I do too. A genetic chimera and a hermaphrodite. Literally a lesbian trapped in a straight man. Quit trying to force your denial on other people. They resent it.
And when you try to carry it over into marriage, they REALLY resent it.
Honesty is always the best policy. People have sympathy for handicaps. They resent the demand to pretend otherwise.
As I have told you before, I don't engage in anal sex and I don't have a homosexual orientation. You believe that anyone who would defend a homosexuals right to be who they are, must be a homosexual themselves, you're a pitiful bigot. Too bad you're a women trapped in a mans body, but that's not my problem, however people like you who attempt to dictate what consenting adults do between themselves, is everyones problem.

I have been in the same relationship with the same women for over twenty five years now, I can honestly say we have tried anal sex on several occasions years ago but it wasn't something that became a regular part of our sexual intimacy. I personally don't recommend marriage for anyone, but if couples, both heterosexual or homosexual really think they can make it work, more power to them. KiMare did you know there is hardly anything that you ever guess at, that is even close to reality?

1. I don't have a homosexual orientation ( you projecting doesn't change that)
2. I don't have any special interest in anal sex (Cunnilingus and intercourse is sufficient for me)
3. I don't try to carry anything over into marriage, I am not married, I generally don't support any kind of marriage, however if homosexuals or heterosexuals desire to get married, that's their business and their right, but more than often it ends in divorce.
4. Homosexuality is no more a handicap than heterosexuality is, if you feel that you believing it is, makes it so, that is your fantasy.
ZEUS

UK

#98474 Mar 30, 2014
But pray that your flight will not be in the winter, or on a Sabbath. "For then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will. "Unless those days had been cut short, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short.
Toby

Portland, OR

#98475 Mar 30, 2014
Also I don't understand the sentiment that Abrahamic religions doesn't oppose of homosexuality, but just oppose of homosexuals acting on their sexual attractions, that is, any acts of sensuality. That is the same as saying it's alright to have a heterosexual orientation but just never act on those heterosexual sexual attractions,what heterosexual would ever agree to such a thing, unless we are considering only monks and nuns?

Basically what you would be saying then, is it would be permissible for homosexuals or heterosexuals to engage in sexual activity but only if they are married, but yet you condemn homosexual marriages. So KiMare what you are saying is all homosexuals should repress their homosexuality and remain like you in the closet,(I'm just surmising you're gay since you're obsessed with gay anal sex), correct me if I'm wrong.

So the Abrahamic God gives millions of humans homosexual orientations but then condemns them if they act out on those sexual attractions?

So the Biblical God gives billions of humans heterosexual orientations then condemns them if they act out on those sexual attractions?

So you're saying no sex before marriage for heterosexuals and no sex ever for homosexuals? When you find that world that would live by those puritanical standards please let me know.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#98476 Mar 30, 2014
"So the Abrahamic God gives millions of humans homosexual orientations but then condemns them if they act out on those sexual attractions?"

Where do you guys come up with this crazy stuff? Bottom line is that homosexuality is a sin and bad for people. Men aren't made to be with other men. Isn't this kinda obvious? Hard to believe that we actually have people of the same sex wanting to marry one another. Its a mad, mad world no doubt
Toby

Portland, OR

#98477 Mar 30, 2014
ZEUS wrote:
But pray that your flight will not be in the winter, or on a Sabbath. "For then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will. "Unless those days had been cut short, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short.
What's frightening is the possibility of fundamentalist Christians precipitating and helping to carry out their own Christian end of the World prophecies, that is, their own Christian self fulfilling eschatology.Fundamentalist Christians have orgasms simply thinking about different end of the world scenarios.

Many adherents to Abrahamic religions look forward to the supposed end of the world, instead of valuing this life, they value the idealistic promised one in the next, why not treat their fellow humans with dignity and respect in this living existence, and live this life to its fullest, but they trade sincerity for religious fanaticism and rest their happiness on the hope of transcendence.

Creating a better World and valuing this life is exchanged for immortality striving, and that will ensure that end of the World prophecies will be more likely to occur in some form or another.
Toby

Portland, OR

#98478 Mar 30, 2014
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>And Christianity doesn't disqualify other religions, even your God knows He's not the only one in the room.<quoted text>As far as we know, there have been homosexuals since there have been people. Nature and God have their reasons, even if you don't get them. <quoted text>Genesis is a retelling of 3000 years worth of Hebrew campfire tales, not a literal history of the world and not the story of the entire human species. Of course the tradition predates the books by Moses, at least parts of a couple of old testament works are believed to predate Moses.
The history of ancient Israel wouldn't compose 1/100th of 1 % of the story of the entire human species, it would be like the human life span, a blip on the radar of time, then quickly gone.
Toby

Portland, OR

#98479 Mar 30, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
"So the Abrahamic God gives millions of humans homosexual orientations but then condemns them if they act out on those sexual attractions?"
Where do you guys come up with this crazy stuff? Bottom line is that homosexuality is a sin and bad for people. Men aren't made to be with other men. Isn't this kinda obvious? Hard to believe that we actually have people of the same sex wanting to marry one another. Its a mad, mad world no doubt
It's fascinating that when reference is ever made to homosexuality it's usually always to the male gender, as if there are not millions and millions of female homosexuals. I believe that has it's origins in male patriarchy society. Also, you just don't (have) homosexuals who want to be married, they (are) getting married, and have been for years, where have you been for the past ten years? Oh and homosexual marriage just recently makes it a mad mad World, however genocides, sectarian wars, civil wars, famines, slavery, religious oppression, ad infinitum ... didn't make the world a mad mad World?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 5 min Paul is dead 1966 3,083
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min River Tam 839,972
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 51 min Timeitwassaid 466
SIEMENS SERVIS LEVENT (O2I2) 342 OO 24 ) Siemen... 1 hr siemenswr 1
Kalite ileri Teknoloji SIEMENS ( 342 00 24 ) AK... 1 hr siemenswr 1
Want Voip Billing Reseller Service? 1 hr cloudastrix 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Liam 590,800
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Mr Ironhart 4,636
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 hr Insults Are Easier 271,403
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 9 hr Serah 612,216
More from around the web