|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L ist_of_U.S._state_constitution al_amendments_banning_same-sex _unions_by_type
That's nice. Watch them fall, one by one. It's already started. The last hold outs will all go together in one fell swooop, I expect.

Constitutional amendments can still be unconstitutional.

“Resources For The Future”

Since: Feb 14

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
Smirk.
Is a Smirk those little blue cartoon characters?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

Zachary Gima wrote:
<quoted text>Is a Smirk those little blue cartoon characters?
No, I look like Bruce Willis with the smirk when idiots say dumb things.

SMirk.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
That's nice. Watch them fall, one by one. It's already started. The last hold outs will all go together in one fell swooop, I expect.
And so can laws, which is why ss couples will only ever be mutually sterile pointlessly duplicate gendered halves of marriage.

Smile.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

Zachary Gima wrote:
Is a Smirk those little blue cartoon characters?
Those are the Smurfs, the Smirks are their hermaphroditic genetic mosh pit "cousins" and are kinda purple. Their creator is just this side of copyright infringement as a badly drawn parody.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't care about "thumbs up". I'm more interested in hearing what real people have to say, in their own words, showing that they've thought out their position logically and reasonably. When they huff and puff about thumbs up icons, instead of addressing individiual points directly, then I have to start thinking that they HAVEN'T thought their position out very deeply.
<quoted text>
What KiMare (I don't think there's an L in there) is saying is that a same-sex marriage is not what HE considers marriage. What I keep telling him is that no one CARES what he personally thinks marriage is. He's not in charge of administering it.
Some people don't think that an interracial marriage is really a marriage. But does that mean that the people IN an interracial marriage must LISTEN to such opinions?
<quoted text>
It's you deliberately misunderstanding the issue, that's what it is. Two married men are both husbands. Wives are females who are married. Husbands are men who are married. It's as simple as that. Go ahead and make it complicated and confusing for yourself if you like. It has no bearing on my life or my marriage.
<quoted text>
Yes, actually, that's exactly what it does. The state says we're married, the state says we get all the same rights and benefits as any other marriage, the state will recognize every last aspect of our marriage the same as any other marriage. All this takes place on planet Earth, right here in Reality.
Just because you don't like these facts doesn't mean I need to give your opinion any weight. Only the opinion of the state matters to me. I'm not sure if you're hoping I'll be sad that you don't consider my marriage "real", or if you're hoping I'll run out and divorce my husband and start looking for a wife, or if you think I'll go running to my county marriage license office and say in a panic "Somebody on the internet says I don't have a real marriage! What should I do?!"
I won't do any of these things. I'll continue to live my life, as a married man, utterly heedless of your complaints. Neither you nor KiMare are responsible for recognizing marriages, or for administering marriage benefits. I don't understand why either of you have the hubris to think that anyone should consider your opinions anything other than laughable.
Show one person who says interracial marriage isn't a real marriage? Pray, post where someone is saying interracial marriage isn't real?

I think what you mean is some people may be against it? Who cares some people are against a Jew marrying a gentile. There are Hindus who would kill their daughters if they married a Muslim!! But these sets do get married, and these liaisons ARE STILL still between a man and a woman, not two men pretending one is a wife and one is a husband.

They still have kids naturally like two Whites or two Blacks. This is not two people where one just assumes the role of what others are in a same sex marriage.

Right so you are saying that a marriage between two men is a union of two husbands? And a marriage between two women is a union of wives? So two wives and two husbands are the result of a marriage?

I rest my case dude. Now simply go to the dictionary and check the meaning of husband, then check the meaning of wife. Then ask yourself how a marriage can be a union of two husbands!!!!!!!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
Ed identification is a two way process; if so many people believe gay weddings are a farce; then we can safely say that whether gay weddings are legitimate is a subject that is up for debate.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I look like Bruce Willis with the smirk when idiots say dumb things.
SMirk.
Do you realize you just smirked your own post?(irony alert)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>Do you realize you just smirked your own post?(irony alert)
Of he did? Did you prove some point? So what then?

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

mandingowillsay wrote:
<quoted text>
Of he did? Did you prove some point? So what then?
You. Have. No. Sense. Of. Humor. Do. You?
sheesh....

“Resources For The Future”

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Those are the Smurfs, the Smirks are their hermaphroditic genetic mosh pit "cousins" and are kinda purple. Their creator is just this side of copyright infringement as a badly drawn parody.
Now that defintion makes sense LOL
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

mandingowillsay wrote:
<quoted text>
Show one person who says interracial marriage isn't a real marriage? Pray, post where someone is saying interracial marriage isn't real?
I think what you mean is some people may be against it? Who cares some people are against a Jew marrying a gentile. There are Hindus who would kill their daughters if they married a Muslim!! But these sets do get married, and these liaisons ARE STILL still between a man and a woman, not two men pretending one is a wife and one is a husband.
They still have kids naturally like two Whites or two Blacks. This is not two people where one just assumes the role of what others are in a same sex marriage.
Right so you are saying that a marriage between two men is a union of two husbands? And a marriage between two women is a union of wives? So two wives and two husbands are the result of a marriage?
I rest my case dude. Now simply go to the dictionary and check the meaning of husband, then check the meaning of wife. Then ask yourself how a marriage can be a union of two husbands!!!!!!!!!!
That marriage is a "sham" marriage and a Pseudo Marriage and a sinful marriage.

I just wonder about those people with so much brains falling so flat on their faces and justifying in calling it a marriage.

Just wait when marriage between humans and their pets also becomes a "legal" marriage....because reproduction is not at all an issue in a marriage!!
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

PS:

And those dead people of Sodom and Gomorrah would be feeling happy that people have realized their "truth and sincerity" after so many centuries!! And their stand is vindicated in the "Modern and Cultured West"

“Let the games begin. . .”

Since: Jun 13

Botany Bay

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Those are the Smurfs, the Smirks are their hermaphroditic genetic mosh pit "cousins" and are kinda purple. Their creator is just this side of copyright infringement as a badly drawn parody.
Touche'! LOL

Botany Bay

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
You. Have. No. Sense. Of. Humor. Do. You?
sheesh....
Never mind. He then gives the rest of us more to laugh about.

Botany Bay

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I believe you nailed it Rosa, exactly, we are Homo Sapiens.....Period. We all should be treated equal as Jesus preached.
Very good, Riccardo. That is the bottom line, I'd say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Senegal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

Let everyone live the way they suppose and feel in themto live , excemption of killing

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Never mind. He then gives the rest of us more to laugh about.
I wonder if you have noticed that no one gives a f**k about your little asides? lmao!! All the serious and sensible care about here is real points; try and make some.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
And so can laws, which is why ss couples will only ever be mutually sterile pointlessly duplicate gendered halves of marriage.
Uh... okay... that doesn't really follow, but whatever.

This is all just your opinion, you understand that, right? Laws have to first be FOUND unconstitutional by the judiciary FIRST. There's legal work to be done if you want to declare same-sex marriage recognition as "unconstitutional", and you haven't done it yet. Topix is not really the place that state governments go to check on what is unconstitutional. You're wasting your efforts here.

You can make all the proclamations that you want about what you like and don't like, or what you consider marriage and what you don't, but none of that has any bearing on the true constitionality of any law. You can tack on all the adjectives you want, but no state government will be using them. No legal definition of same-sex marriage includes all that "mutually sterile pointlessly duplicate gendered halves" verbiage. That's all your own assembly, your own opinion, and no other legal or individual entity needs to have any regard for it.

But of course, I'm wasting MY time, too. I don't need to argue any of this. Your opinion has no legal power, so I don't need to worry. Since you don't administer marriage benefits, you have just as little power to influence the matter whether I argue the case or not.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

mandingowillsay wrote:
I didn't ask you to show anything. I'm only pointing out that there ARE people all over the world who don't believe that interracial marriages should be legally recognized.

My point is that people who are IN an interracial marriage don't need to give that opinion any consideration. As long as the LAW recognizes their marriage, they don't need to worry about the opinions of private citizens.

Gay couples in same-sex marriages are in the same situation. We don't need to care if individual citizens don't like our legal recognition. We still HAVE that legal recognition, regardless of citizens who may not like it.
mandingowillsay wrote:
No men are pretending to be a wife. I'm sorry that you misunderstand that.

It's odd that you don't see that own opposition to this issue is very similar to those Hindus who overreact to their daughters marrying a Muslim. A mixed Hindu/Muslim marriage is still legal, despite the narrow-mindedness of the people who oppose it. Similarly, legal same-sex marriages are still legal, despite your own opposition to them.

The Hindu parents no doubt had hopes that their daughter would choose another Hindu as her spouse, but they must respect her personal sovereignty, and allow her to make the choice that she feels best suits her life. If that person is a Muslim, they may not like it, but they must respect it. Similarly, a gay person must be allowed to make THEIR own choice for a spouse, also. Disrespecting that choice means disrespecting someone's freedom, and someone's personal sovereignty in forming and guiding their own life.
mandingowillsay wrote:
Not all couples have kids. Some can't. Some choose not to. Some have children WITHOUT a marriage. None of those people are penalized for any of it. The presence or absence of children does not validate or invalidate a marriage.
mandingowillsay wrote:
Yes. Any married man is called a husband. Any married woman is called a wife. Who they marry does not change their own title.
mandingowillsay wrote:
I rest my case dude.
Perhaps you should be presenting your case in front of a judge, if you think it's so powerful. Your case has little influence on the outside world, if you are only presenting it to other strangers on the internet. Kentucky could have used you yesterday.
mandingowillsay wrote:
Now simply go to the dictionary and check the meaning of husband, then check the meaning of wife. Then ask yourself how a marriage can be a union of two husbands!!!!!!!!!!
Dictionaries only REFLECT language usage, they don't DICTATE it. Dictionaries change as language use changes. I'm not required by law to live my life according to the dictionary.

Besides, maybe YOU should go check the dictionary. I just did. I went to Dictionary.com just now. The definition of a Husband there is:

1. a married man, especially when considered in relation to his partner in marriage.

The definition of a Wife is:

1. a married woman, especially when considered in relation to her partner in marriage.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

409 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min nanoanomaly 722,108
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 8 min Johnny 1,593
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 11 min Student 38,483
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 11 min Mandela 115,598
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 17 min andet1987 3,993
Last Word + 2 20 min andet1987 290
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 33 min guest 533,566
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr WasteWater 256,962
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 9 hr reree 86
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••