Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. I really only come on to Topix looking to have a civilized conversation and debate. Most people seem to get on here wanting to win an argument or just insult people, and I don't see the point of that. People don't need to agree to learn new things from each other. In fact, people who do agree rarely learn new things from each other!:)
Good point. I don't see why we can't discuss things like adults.

I try to be polite to posters - until they give me a very good reason not to be.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

mandingowillsay wrote:
You miss the point. It doesn't matter what people think about homosexuality. They may well simply spout personal prejudice against it. But it is the bible Torah and Quran that says homosexuality is sinful. All three books condemn it as sinful and all three books say the penalty for homosexuality is death. You can ignore the numerous examples of biblical condemnation of homosexuality if you like! That may be why you ask people to explain why homosexuality is sinful rather than asking why the bible says it. It is religion that gives everyone their concept of what is sin. So why waste your time attacking people? You can't validate yourself by claiming people re wrong while ignoring what the bible says.
Actually, it is the self-identified believers in the Bible, Qur'an and Torah which condemn 'homosexuality' as sinful. They take various bits and pieces of the book and THEY tell us that they mean 'homosexuality' is sinful. These are verses that in some way reference sexual acts between people of the same sex that they confuse as being references to 'homosexuality'. The books themselves make absolutely no mention of 'homosexuality', it wasn't a concept they were familiar with. "Homosexuals' weren't an identifiable group to them.

If someone wants to pray that the Bible Qur'an and/or Torah, or any other holy book condemns 'homosexuality' as 'sin', that is between them and the version of God of their choice, not our problem. The books just don't back them up on it as much as they pray they do.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

mandingowillsay wrote:
<quoted text>
You miss the point. It doesn't matter what people think about homosexuality. They may well simply spout personal prejudice against it. But it is the bible Torah and Quran that says homosexuality is sinful. All three books condemn it as sinful and all three books say the penalty for homosexuality is death. You can ignore the numerous examples of biblical condemnation of homosexuality if you like! That may be why you ask people to explain why homosexuality is sinful rather than asking why the bible says it. It is religion that gives everyone their concept of what is sin. So why waste your time attacking people? You can't validate yourself by claiming people re wrong while ignoring what the bible says.
Do you live in the old testament rules? Or just take what pleases you like the cults do?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Adultery is also considered worthy of death, in fact it's one of the Commandments. Are you going to go around stoning them?
You are again going off topic. The question is not whether you will go around stoning homosexuals because you think they are sinful. The question is whether homosexuality is a sin. Well according to the three books that give most people their concept of sin it is. YES IT IS. And no I am not about to start stoning homosexuals or adulterers because the holy books says these people are sinners. But I am going to accept that according to the bible homosexuality is a sin simply because that is exactly what the bible says.

So if you are unhappy with that take your beef up with the Quran, Torah and holy bible not people on here. You are simply using people on here to hide behind who you should really be tackling about its opinion on homosexuality.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Do you live in the old testament rules? Or just take what pleases you like the cults do?
Lol! Are you claiming that the new Testament rescinded what the old Testament says about homosexuality? Where shall I look up the passage and verse that confirms this? As for whether I take anything from the bible I don't. Unlike you. Far as I'm concerned the bible is a load of nonsense. But if the question is does the bible explain homosexuality as sinful yes it does both implicitly and explicitly. No amount of willful denial will hide that simple truth.

So if you as a homosexual needs to pretend the bible accepts and does not condemn homosexuals to validate your existence I can only say I understand and sympathize. You clearly believe very strongly in the bible so I can understand your predicament. You need to try and pretend you don't understand the bible just to validate your existence.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, it is the self-identified believers in the Bible, Qur'an and Torah which condemn 'homosexuality' as sinful. They take various bits and pieces of the book and THEY tell us that they mean 'homosexuality' is sinful. These are verses that in some way reference sexual acts between people of the same sex that they confuse as being references to 'homosexuality'. The books themselves make absolutely no mention of 'homosexuality', it wasn't a concept they were familiar with. "Homosexuals' weren't an identifiable group to them.
If someone wants to pray that the Bible Qur'an and/or Torah, or any other holy book condemns 'homosexuality' as 'sin', that is between them and the version of God of their choice, not our problem. The books just don't back them up on it as much as they pray they do.
Ricky boy you are splitting hairs in the most laughable and ridiculous way. Yes language has developed from biblical times. Yes the bible sometimes uses different metaphors to explain some instances. Yes there is such a thing as the language of the bible.

Do not waste my time posting nonsense about how the bible never used words like "gay or homosexual" Because words like that had not surfaced at the time in question; nor are the two terminologies even in the language the bible was originally written in. But when the bible says it is an abomination for a man to lie with a man and a woman a woman the meaning is crystal clear, so please stop wasting peoples time with your ridiculous inane psychobabble. You only sound convincing to yourself and a load of desperate homosexuals; desperate to claim the bible embraces them so they don't feel like they are wrong or doing anything wrong. Like I told the other guy I can see your predicament. Why don't you just say all the ancient popes endorsed homosexuality too?

The facts are today some homosexuals like everyone else are in powerful positions so they can attempt to distort what the bible says in order to validate themselves. But if you look further afield you'll see many countries are resisting the gay communist brigade.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Adultery is also considered worthy of death, in fact it's one of the Commandments. Are you going to go around stoning them?
Of course. That's God's sacred plan. Stone everyone. ROTFLMAO

That's some plan!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

77 non religious to support man woman marriage

http://ruthinstitute.org/pdfs/77reasonsREAD-O...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
77 non religious to support man woman marriage
http://ruthinstitute.org/pdfs/77reasonsREAD-O...
SPAM

Dismissed

next

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I know a lot of Christian churches that are reaching out to the gay community and accepting them as they are. We are to love others. Period.
If you love one another then you had bettered get rid of your Bible.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that arranged marriages are the happiest marriages by far?
Raped to death, in brief. This is a practice widespread in many of the most backward muslim countries, and in certain parts of India. I don’t know how the estimates below are generated, there is likely some advocacy in those numbers, but child marriage is real and little girls do suffer horribly from it:

Al Nahar, Lebanon, has reported that an eight year old child bride died in Yemen on her wedding night after suffering internal injuries due to sexual trauma. Human rights organizations are calling for the arrest of her husband who was five times her age.

The death occurred in the tribal area of Hardh in northwestern Yemen, which borders Saudi Arabia. This brings even more attention to the already existing issue of forced child marriages in the Middle Eastern region.

“According to the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), between 2011 and 2020, more than 140 million girls will become child brides. Furthermore, of the 140 million girls who will marry before the age of 18, 50 million will be under the age of 15.”

It is reported that over a quarter of Yemen’s young girls are married before the age of 15. Not only do they lose access to health and education, these child brides are commonly subjected to physical, emotional and sexual violence in their forced marriage.

When muslim men lust after and then marry child brides, they are only emulating their “magnificent” prophet. Mohammed married a 9 year old girl. That is why this practice is so difficult to stamp out. A law was passed in Yemen a few years ago to make this kind of marriage illegal, but more radical islamists came back to power and they abrogated it. It is very likely there are millions of little girls presently suffering under these situations in muslim countries. I read the story of one 11 year old Afghani girl who bled for many months after giving birth to a child at her ridiculously young age. Of course, she received essentially no medical care, and had to continue slaving away for hew husband/owner in their mud hut. Then there is the epidemic of boy rape among Pashtun men in Afghanistan and Pakistan – which our sick goverment doesn’t allow our troops to do anything about, even when they catch these depraved men in the act.

http://veneremurcernui.wordpress.com/2013/09/...

Check out the picture of the 8 year old bride.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

http://vladtepesblog.com/2010/08/31/slamic-in...

ISLAMIC INSTITUTIONALIZED BOY RAPE AND BOY SEX IN AFGHANISTAN: THIS IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR?
Please kill the bastards that rape me

http://vladtepesblog.com/2010/08/31/slamic-in ...

to see the pic of the little boy in makeup.

This is the other side of Afghanistan that most in the MSM refuse to address, because it invokes, outrage against and disgust for, the Ideology of Perpetual Outrage (IPO). These boys that become men who rape boys who become men who rape other boys, is such an outrage that it almost leaves one speechless.
Face it, Islam encourages this type of behavior as a result of its backward, anti-social rules stemming from the Koran and the hadiths. KGS

[So, why are American and NATO forces fighting and dying to defend tens of thousands of proud pedophiles, certainly more per capita than any other place on Earth? And how did Afghanistan become the pedophilia capital of Asia?]

Koran 52:24:
Round about them will serve, to them, boys (handsome) as pearls well-guarded.
Koran 56:17
Round about them will serve boys of perpetual freshness.
Koran 76:19
And round about them will serve boys of perpetual freshness: if thou seest them, thou wouldst think them scattered pearls.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

Islamic poet, Abu Nuwas:
O the joy of sodomy!
So now be sodomites, you Arabs.
Turn not away from it–
therein is wondrous pleasure.
Take some coy lad with kiss-curls
twisting on his temple
and ride as he stands like some gazelle
standing to her mate.
A lad whom all can see girt with sword
and belt not like your whore who has
to go veiled.
Make for smooth-faced boys and do your
very best to mount them, for women are
the mounts of the devils

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text> The ones that make it that far. PS, you don't have to be heterosexual to make our potential little futures and humans figured out how to conceive without either biological parent in the same room ages ago. Your heterosexuality, not as necessary to the survival of the species as it used to be. Sorry, but that's reality.
Children are persons and as such have rights to mothers and fathers. SSM is a state created institution wheras hetero marriage is organic and in line with biology. We mostly being male and female having reproductive systems to create children. Heterosexual by nature. In reality homosexual conduct is simply SS behavior in people who are biologically heterosexual. SSM is anti science. You cannot justify it from Science. The burden of proof is on those who seek to create SSM in states in which it is banned. Sexual conduct is regulated by states in the interest of public health.

per se, since two wrongs
don’t make a right. However, it
is
an argument for treating homosexuality equally
with heterosexuality if the two were truly equivalent. But they are not.
Unlike
homosexuality, heterosexuality
is
immutable. To define heterosexuality as merely sexual conduct
between
people of compatible genders is to suppress a fundamental truth about what it means to be human.
All human beings
with the exception of hermaphrodites (people with genital deformities) are born with a
reproductive
system that is heterosexual by nature. We are either male or female. We have sexual feelings
only
because of chemical and other processes that are rooted in our procreative heterosexual design. Thus,
a male sexual orientation toward a
female (or vise versa) is self-evidently normal and natural. By contrast,
a
male-to-male or female-to-female orientation is self-evidently abnormal and unnatural. For homosexuality
to be equivalent to heterosexuality, it would need to be rooted in its own homosexual physiology.
In
reality, homosexuality is nothing more than same-gender conduct among people who are innately and
unchangeably heterosexual. Homosexuality is thus biologically
(and to varying degrees morally) equivalent
to
pedophilia, sado-masochism, bestiality and many other forms of deviant behavior, or behavior that
deviates from the normal design-based function of the human being.

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

mandingowillsay wrote:
Ricky boy you are splitting hairs in the most laughable and ridiculous way. Yes language has developed from biblical times. Yes the bible sometimes uses different metaphors to explain some instances. Yes there is such a thing as the language of the bible.
An entire paragraph without making a point. It has absolutely nothing to do with what I said.
mandingowillsay wrote:
Do not waste my time posting nonsense about how the bible never used words like "gay or homosexual" Because words like that had not surfaced at the time in question; nor are the two terminologies even in the language the bible was originally written in. But when the bible says it is an abomination for a man to lie with a man and a woman a woman the meaning is crystal clear, so please stop wasting peoples time with your ridiculous inane psychobabble. You only sound convincing to yourself and a load of desperate homosexuals; desperate to claim the bible embraces them so they don't feel like they are wrong or doing anything wrong. Like I told the other guy I can see your predicament. Why don't you just say all the ancient popes endorsed homosexuality too?
The facts are today some homosexuals like everyone else are in powerful positions so they can attempt to distort what the bible says in order to validate themselves. But if you look further afield you'll see many countries are resisting the gay communist brigade.
A whole lot of denial of a very simple reality, the Bible makes absolutely no mention of homosexuality nor people who are homosexual. FYI, the Jews in Jesus's era, believed the proscription against same sex acts were a reference to male prostitutes and acts not allowed in the Temple. They believed ALL non-reproductive sexual acts to be equally unacceptable. According to their beliefs, there was one reason to have sex, reproduction and only one way to do it, through a hole in the sheet. You weren't to look at anyone of your opposite sex naked, not even husbands and wives.

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
Children are persons and as such have rights to mothers and fathers.
Let us know when you and your fellow heterosexuals finally live up to your obligations on that one.
lightbeamrider wrote:
SSM is a state created institution wheras hetero marriage is organic and in line with biology.
Same sex marriage is in line with our biology, whether you like it or not.
lightbeamrider wrote:
We mostly being male and female having reproductive systems to create children.
Uh-huh.
lightbeamrider wrote:
Heterosexual by nature.
Not everybody.
lightbeamrider wrote:
In reality homosexual conduct is simply SS behavior in people who are biologically heterosexual.
Only if you are a complete idiot. We're not heterosexual you dolt.
lightbeamrider wrote:
SSM is anti science.
You're getting dumber by the second.
lightbeamrider wrote:
You cannot justify it from Science.
What on earth are you babbling about?
lightbeamrider wrote:
The burden of proof is on those who seek to create SSM in states in which it is banned.
You obviously know nothing about the individual's right to marry. The burden is on the state to prove its limitation of our fundamental right serves a compelling interest.
lightbeamrider wrote:
Sexual conduct is regulated by states in the interest of public health.
Encouraging folk to enter contracts of marriage, which as written, are life-long and monogamous improves the sexual health of the populace, regardless of the sexual make-up of the couple.
lightbeamrider wrote:
remainder of the post, badly ripped off from: http://www.newswithviews.com/conspiracy/consp...
Scott Lively? The best you can do is plagiarize a deranged loon while attempting to pass off his garbage as your own? You have no shame. Repent. That was three commandments you just gave God the finger to on.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
... the Bible makes absolutely no mention of homosexuality nor people who are homosexual...
This is called lying thru your teeth.

The word "Homosexuality" was not yet coined during the Biblical period.....the abomination was referred as "Sodom and Gomorrah"...

To say that Bible "does not say what should be done to those males and females engaged in this abomination" is speaking white lie.

And this is the "Worst type of perversion" to involve Bible and Prophets of God in your perversion.

Why do you forget that tomorrow you might have to face Jesus face to face and he might ask you "Who gave you right to tell lies in my name"?

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
At least you were thoughtful enough to tell us before you started doing it.
MUQ wrote:
The word "Homosexuality" was not yet coined during the Biblical period.....the abomination was referred as "Sodom and Gomorrah"...
Sorry, but the connection between Sodom and Gomorrah and sexual immorality is a generalized condemnation of all sexual acts that can't result in conception, regardless of the sex, species or number of participants. "Sodomy" referred to both same sex and opposite sex recreational acts.
MUQ wrote:
To say that Bible "does not say what should be done to those males and females engaged in this abomination" is speaking white lie.
I'm just stating facts, you are always free to prove anything I say to be wrong. The Book of Leviticus condemns male on male action in a list of acts which are not permitted in the Temple, it is not a book which most Christians abide by themselves and few have actually read it. The Jews in the time of Jesus thought this a reference to temple prostitution,
MUQ wrote:
And this is the "Worst type of perversion" to involve Bible and Prophets of God in your perversion.
So you pray.
MUQ wrote:
Why do you forget that tomorrow you might have to face Jesus face to face and he might ask you "Who gave you right to tell lies in my name"?
If you were at all read in the Bible, you'd know, my relationship with God, none of your business, you have your own to worry about.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
Let us know when you and your fellow heterosexuals finally live up to your obligations on that one.
Does not validate SSM.
Same sex marriage is in line with our biology, whether you like it or not.
Prove it.
You're getting dumber by the second.
Big on verbal abuse while you hide behind your puter screen.
You obviously know nothing about the individual's right to marry.
Not an absolute. States regulate marriage.
The burden is on the state to prove its limitation of our fundamental right serves a compelling interest.
Prove it.
Encouraging folk to enter contracts of marriage, which as written, are life-long and monogamous improves the sexual health of the populace, regardless of the sexual make-up of the couple.
Homosexuality by nature multiple partner and anti monogamous.
Scott Lively? The best you can do is plagiarize a deranged loon while attempting to pass off his garbage as your own? You have no shame. Repent. That was three commandments you just gave God the finger to on.
I used it as a reference and assertions are not refutations. You must think everybody who does not agree with you is throwing out garbage. Not very tolerant are you. Are you married. Slap your wife around? Perhaps you are gay. If so are you the sadist or the masochist in the scenario? Never mind, i don't want to know.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Feb 13

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality was not the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 86,641 - 86,660 of89,639
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

509 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min Petesake Liverpool ip 109,851
chat with demi lovato 112 (the real official de... (Jan '09) 4 min bibi 1,911
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min It aint necessarily so 681,018
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 min VIKING WARRIOR 596,640
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 32 min KiMare 217,342
body to body massage abu-dhabi.massage at abu d... (May '13) 35 min sex massage serves 38
Do you enjoy seeing your sister nude / naked? (Sep '13) 44 min justme 179
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr truth 512,402
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 2 hr nikeelite0193 291
•••
•••
•••