Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Opal-Hearted Land

#95713 Jan 17, 2014
Doctor REALITY wrote:
God will never allow homosexuality, or any other sin, to be practice in heaven .
Does that include bad grammar?

“True Blue”

Opal-Hearted Land

#95714 Jan 17, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact, the only people Jesus had scorn for were the judgmental Pharisees who idolized laws rather than God. Hopefully modern day Pharisees see that obvious point before it's too late for them.
You're still a breath of fresh air, Wilde.
:-)

“True Blue”

Opal-Hearted Land

#95715 Jan 17, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, forgot to ask: don't you find the very fact that there is an old and new testament troubling? Doesn't that in itself imply that God is inconsistent?
I did find that book you mentioned eventually The Year of Living Biblically. He's a hoot, parts of it were like a sitcom.

The bottom line was: This is really what I was brought up to do, wasn't it?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#95716 Jan 17, 2014
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Except when it comes to the subject of homosexuality, because if it weren't for the condemnations that can be tortured out of the Old Testament, the New Testament would give you precious little to work with.
Jesus never spoke about anything which even can be confused to be about homosexuality and the one time Paul brings up same sex acts, he's writing to people he presumes to be heterosexual and tells them it is the first sign they should have noticed that their engaging in idolatry was a bad idea in God's eyes. Go to a pagan temple and you're f****d. He then proceeds to list of the many other failings that worshiping any other Gods can lead one to. EVERYBODY is on that list at least once. He then goes on to teach those not engaging in such acts to not be judgmental of those who do, because though you may not be doing that, you're guaranteed to be part of his whole list of failings that happen when you go pagan. You need to be working on your own relationship with God, you don't have time to be fretting about anybody else's. What they do is between them and God, not your concern.
If it weren't for the condemnation of an uncleanness, that probably is a description of same sex sex, in a list of other sexual uncleanesses that the followers of Moses were to no longer engage in and later revised to be potentially a capitol offense along with those other sexual acts, in a book few Christians have ever actually read, because if they had, they would realize that the single most repeated phrase is essentially, "abide by all my laws and keep them holy" and that the entire book is an all or nothing proposition for the believer, not a pick and mix. Besides, the Jews in Jesus's time believed that this was one of several condemnations of allowing male prostitutes use of Temples, a practice among pagan cults that would allow prostitutes of either sex to use their Temples for their business, for a cut of the action (which Christians picked up on for centuries, they taxed prostitutes, both male and females, for the first four or five centuries), during the cult's downtime.
If one reads through the whole Bible in a year 9 months is spent in the Old and i have done that several times. Along with group and on line discussions. Leviticus 18 depicts homosexuality sandwiched in between bestiality and infant sacrifice. It depicts Israel Egypt and Canaan. it has universal appeal. The whole of Scripture condemns homosexuality. Paul addresses men who have been turned over to a depraved mind and thus do indecent acts which means homosexuality. How folks like you could conclude homosexuality is only wrong within the context of temple prostitutes is just completely ludicrous.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#95717 Jan 17, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> If one reads through the whole Bible in a year 9 months is spent in the Old and i have done that several times. Along with group and on line discussions. Leviticus 18 depicts homosexuality sandwiched in between bestiality and infant sacrifice. It depicts Israel Egypt and Canaan. it has universal appeal. The whole of Scripture condemns homosexuality. Paul addresses men who have been turned over to a depraved mind and thus do indecent acts which means homosexuality. How folks like you could conclude homosexuality is only wrong within the context of temple prostitutes is just completely ludicrous.
Another worthless opinion.

DISMISSED

NEXT

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#95718 Jan 17, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
If one reads through the whole Bible in a year 9 months is spent in the Old and i have done that several times. Along with group and on line discussions.
Congratulations, I have read the Bible myself, a number of times.
lightbeamrider wrote:
Leviticus 18 depicts homosexuality sandwiched in between bestiality and infant sacrifice.
No, it does not, it makes no mention whatsoever of homosexuality, it describes a same sex act between men, homosexuality is not required for those acts to occur. It is sandwiched in a list of activities which occurred in the temples of other faiths, which were not allowed to happen in THEIR temples. The ONLY same sex sex Moses condemns are those committed in the temple. I notice that you fail to address that Leviticus is written as an all or nothing proposition for God's followers and you aren't living by that agreement yourself which makes your citing any verse of it a ridiculously hypocritical act that the book itself condemns. If you aren't keeping God's laws, you have no moral authority to cite them against others. I thought you said you had read the book.
lightbeamrider wrote:
It depicts Israel Egypt and Canaan. it has universal appeal.
Fictions for another time.
lightbeamrider wrote:
The whole of Scripture condemns homosexuality.
The bearing of false witness, a commandment breaker. But that's between you and him, I just wanted to point it out, in case you hadn't noticed what you were doing.
lightbeamrider wrote:
Paul addresses men who have been turned over to a depraved mind and thus do indecent acts which means homosexuality.
Poppycock. Paul is addressing Christians who have turned to idolatry, he says that God addressed that sin by giving them over to a depraved mind and as His parting message to them, he first gave the presumed heterosexual Christians over to the same sex acts of the pagans as your wake-up call to the downhill slide they went from there. I notice that you failed to address how Paul goes on to condemn EXACTLY what you are doing now. Gee, I wonder why?
lightbeamrider wrote:
How folks like you could conclude homosexuality is only wrong within the context of temple prostitutes is just completely ludicrous.
Strange, but I never thought of historical facts, logic and reason as being ludicrous, but to each their own. It's not my fault that the Jews in Jesus's time believed that the only acts addressed by the law in chapter 18 and the later revision in chapter 20 were those occurring in temples. That's just reality. Neither the Jews of the era nor early Christians were nearly as hung up about homosexuality (a concept not explored until the 19th century by the way) as Christians are today. Same sex sex acts were long standing cultural traditions in many of the cultures where Christianity spread. The first Christian edict specifically prohibiting same sex sex, not until the 4th century, they continued to tax male prostitutes for a century after.
If you want to pray that God hates **** or what you imagine **** do, that's between you and Him. I would just like to remind you, the only one of the two of you telling me that He agrees with your prayer is you. I asked Him but all I heard was snickering. God loves us just as He chose to create us to be, He wants us to be happy with this gift He has given us, just as He wants you to be happy with the gift He gave you. Your problem with that, between you and God, it never was our problem.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#95719 Jan 18, 2014
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Congratulations, I have read the Bible myself, a number of times.<quoted text>No, it does not, it makes no mention whatsoever of homosexuality, it describes a same sex act between men, homosexuality is not required for those acts to occur. It is sandwiched in a list of activities which occurred in the temples of other faiths, which were not allowed to happen in THEIR temples. The ONLY same sex sex Moses condemns are those committed in the temple. I notice that you fail to address that Leviticus is written as an all or nothing proposition for God's followers and you aren't living by that agreement yourself which makes your citing any verse of it a ridiculously hypocritical act that the book itself condemns. If you aren't keeping God's laws, you have no moral authority to cite them against others. I thought you said you had read the book. <quoted text>Fictions for another time. <quoted text>The bearing of false witness, a commandment breaker. But that's between you and him, I just wanted to point it out, in case you hadn't noticed what you were doing. <quoted text>Poppycock. Paul is addressing Christians who have turned to idolatry, he says that God addressed that sin by giving them over to a depraved mind and as His parting message to them, he first gave the presumed heterosexual Christians over to the same sex acts of the pagans as your wake-up call to the downhill slide they went from there. I notice that you failed to address how Paul goes on to condemn EXACTLY what you are doing now. Gee, I wonder why? <quoted text>Strange, but I never thought of historical facts, logic and reason as being ludicrous, but to each their own. It's not my fault that the Jews in Jesus's time believed that the only acts addressed by the law in chapter 18 and the later revision in chapter 20 were those occurring in temples. That's just reality. Neither the Jews of the era nor early Christians were nearly as hung up about homosexuality (a concept not explored until the 19th century by the way) as Christians are today. Same sex sex acts were long standing cultural traditions in many of the cultures where Christianity spread. The first Christian edict specifically prohibiting same sex sex, not until the 4th century, they continued to tax male prostitutes for a century after.
If you want to pray that God hates **** or what you imagine **** do, that's between you and Him. I would just like to remind you, the only one of the two of you telling me that He agrees with your prayer is you. I asked Him but all I heard was snickering. God loves us just as He chose to create us to be, He wants us to be happy with this gift He has given us, just as He wants you to be happy with the gift He gave you. Your problem with that, between you and God, it never was our problem.
Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning. This exposes homosexuality as a sexual defect.

Jesus clearly gave the option to marriage between a man and woman in Matthew 19 as celibacy for homosexuals born that way.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#95720 Jan 18, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning. This exposes homosexuality as a sexual defect.
It does no such thing, in spite of the fact that you're desperate to label us as defects (so you'll have company in your circus side show of genetic freaks).
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus clearly gave the option to marriage between a man and woman in Matthew 19 as celibacy for homosexuals born that way.
That's YOUR interpretation. My perspective tells me otherwise.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#95722 Jan 18, 2014
Rick in Kansas wrote:
Congratulations, I have read the Bible myself, a number of times.No, it does not, it makes no mention whatsoever of homosexuality, it describes a same sex act between men, homosexuality is not required for those acts to occur. It is sandwiched in a list of activities which occurred in the temples of other faiths, which were not allowed to happen in THEIR temples. The ONLY same sex sex Moses condemns are those committed in the temple.
Leviticus 18 does not mention anything about pagan temples. Lev. 18: 21-23.
21 You shall not give any of your offspring to [k]offer them to Molech, nor shall you profane the name of your God; I am the Lord.
22 You shall not lie with a male as [l]one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
23 Also you shall not have intercourse with any animal to be defiled with it, nor shall any woman stand before an animal to [m]mate with it; it is a perversion.
Leviticus 20:13 The penalty for homosexual acts is death.
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
13 If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.
Sounds like you are making an Ad Hoc exception for homosexuality, which means reading pro homosexual bias into Scripture. Never a good idea. Anyone can misuse the Bible to justify anything under that method. It is the abuse of Scripture.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#95724 Jan 18, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because you are a pervert about anal sex and a reprobate about faith.
You should fear for your soul.
Your pathetic, senile, hermaphroditic opinion is duly noted and promptly dismissed.

You are powerless. Greg. Keep bloviating.

Location hidden

#95725 Jan 18, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Irrelevant personal obsession.

Not at all. Worthless opinion of Matthew 19.

Location hidden

#95726 Jan 18, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because you are a pervert about anal sex and a reprobate about faith.
You should fear for your soul.
Ad hominem fallacy.

Matthew 7:1.

Location hidden

#95727 Jan 18, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Your pathetic, senile, hermaphroditic opinion is duly noted and promptly dismissed.
You are powerless. Greg. Keep bloviating.
Exactly. What a mental case!!!

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#95728 Jan 18, 2014
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Can I ask you a question and get an honest answer?
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, just as no doubt you answer my questions honestly.
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
In the future.... and I'm not sure how near or distant... certain groups are going to make a push to marry their pets and/or have sex with animals as long as they believe the animals aren't harmed. Do you believe that it is wrong for human beings to have sex with animals.. if not, what is the rationale and what is your personal, initial feeling you get when you hear about these groups who want to commit zoophilia with animals outside our own species?
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Human adults can give consent, animals can't. Beyond that, I don't see why bestiality has any more to do with homosexuality than heterosexuality.
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>In the question, I didn't say anything about hetero/homo relations.... I asked you very specifically do you think that it is wrong for people to have sex with animals, to explain your rational and what was your personal, initial feeling that you have regarding bestiality.
You didn't fully answer the question at hand.
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I did answer your question directly: Human adults can give consent, animals can't.
However, you do seem to be making a connection between homosexuality and bestiality, or am I mistaken?
Actually, you responded to my question but to say that you answered honestly is being less that truthful. I understand that often there are times when one doesn't know what is behind the question so one will answer as little as possible. In truth, I was going to use an honest response from you to show you why homosexuality is sinful and is not just a sin for the sake of being a sin. But you didn't fully answer my question.

As far as bestiality and homosexuality... there isn't a direct link. I was using that argument because some have used nature to explain their homosexuality and I just took it a step further regarding interspecies sex, which also does occur in nature.

Location hidden

#95729 Jan 18, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Leviticus 18 does not mention anything about pagan temples. Lev. 18: 21-23.
21 You shall not give any of your offspring to [k]offer them to Molech, nor shall you profane the name of your God; I am the Lord.
22 You shall not lie with a male as [l]one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
23 Also you shall not have intercourse with any animal to be defiled with it, nor shall any woman stand before an animal to [m]mate with it; it is a perversion.
Leviticus 20:13 The penalty for homosexual acts is death.
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
13 If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.
Sounds like you are making an Ad Hoc exception for homosexuality, which means reading pro homosexual bias into Scripture. Never a good idea. Anyone can misuse the Bible to justify anything under that method. It is the abuse of Scripture.
Tell us you follow the first six chapters of Leviticus and then we will discuss Leviticus.

#95730 Jan 18, 2014
...From my previous post, there isn't a direct link with homosexuality to bestiality. Nevertheless, from what I've had read....gerbils are used in some homosexual acts sometimes (and I won't go into detail on how the rodent is entered) ...but from what I've read some persons use that particular act is to stimulate the prostrate gland to reach an orgasm.

Location hidden

#95731 Jan 18, 2014
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Actually, you responded to my question but to say that you answered honestly is being less that truthful. I understand that often there are times when one doesn't know what is behind the question so one will answer as little as possible. In truth, I was going to use an honest response from you to show you why homosexuality is sinful and is not just a sin for the sake of being a sin. But you didn't fully answer my question.
As far as bestiality and homosexuality... there isn't a direct link. I was using that argument because some have used nature to explain their homosexuality and I just took it a step further regarding interspecies sex, which also does occur in nature.
Homosexuality also known as sexual orientation is not discussed in the Bible. Biblical sexuality is tribal and similar in many ways to conservative Islamic practices in the middle-east today. The Bible fails to address our modern understanding of sexuality, much less homosexuality. In fact, the word homosexual was coined in the late 19th century by a German sexologist. The word homosexual is a mistranslation having no real context in the Bible.

#95732 Jan 18, 2014
bassbaby wrote:
Didn't Christ hang out with "whores, thieves, crazy people and the TAXMAN!!!!" Who was treated like a second cousin to Satan? How could a peaceful and loving man turn away homosexuals? With the Christ I was raised with, I can't believe he would be so hateful towards gays. We sure man didn't put that gay tidbit in the Bible? "Love ye one another as I have loved you" Don't remember it saying "Hate gays and treat them as badly as you can. Judge them, persecute them as often as you can." Live and let live.
Absolutely.... but Jesus didn't hang with them in the way that you may believe. He didn't avoid them, hate them or despise them personally... nor did he encourage them to continue to live in sin. He encouraged everyone to repent.

It's not that Jesus hung out with them... they hung out with Him... in a mode of repentance.

Jesus: "Then neither do I condemn you,...Go now and leave your life of sin." John 8:11

Jesus: "...Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you." John 5:14

Jesus: "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12

#95733 Jan 18, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality also known as sexual orientation is not discussed in the Bible. Biblical sexuality is tribal and similar in many ways to conservative Islamic practices in the middle-east today. The Bible fails to address our modern understanding of sexuality, much less homosexuality. In fact, the word homosexual was coined in the late 19th century by a German sexologist. The word homosexual is a mistranslation having no real context in the Bible.
I understand where you are coming from. Obviously the Bible, with it's original languages and cultural norms will not use modern terminology that we use today but the action which is implied, in regards to homosexuality or some other fornication, is timeless still.

#95734 Jan 18, 2014
chief22 wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ did hang out with sinners, and he would not turn away any homosexual, as he did not turn away any sinner, remember what He said to the adulterous woman "...your sins are forgiven, go forth and sin no more." Those who refuse to repent of their sins cannot enter the kindom of God. But, God will love them all the time.
Amen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Rosesz 646,645
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Joe Fortuna 971,702
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min Buck Crick 281,265
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 13 min Student 44,696
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 27 min Buck Crick 48,769
Jesus and Muhammad were FRAUDS 54 min Lbj 16
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr andet1987 2,064
More from around the web