Yes

No

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#94027 Oct 28, 2013
Brighton John wrote:
<quoted text>
The original in the Hebrew Bible says:(Leviticus 18:22) And with a male, thou shalt not lie down in a woman's bed; it is an abomination (to'evah). A taboo, therefore, like not shaking hands with a woman in case she is menstruating. A woman's bed was her own property and even her husband was not always allowed into it.
“To’evah“ is explained by rabbinical authorities as "making a mistake" - hardly a sin).
Subsequent translations into Greek, Latin and English translate it wrongly and manage to include a condemnation of homosexuality into it. The Emperors Theodosius II and Justinian picked this up and included the condemnation in Roman law, primarily so that they could use it against men they wanted get rid of, the first one being a gay bishop of Alexandria.sexuality is absolutely forbidden, for it is an enormous sin"
New Living Translation (1996): "Do not practice homosexuality; it is a detestable sin.
A “mistake” has become an “abomination”(meaning something Jewish priests should not do).
Then “abomination” becomes “an enormous sin”
and “a detestable sin” all In stages easily swallowed by the gullible, who couldn't or wouldn't read for themselves.
The "living Bible" is a joke, by the way. It reduces the scene between David and Jonathan where they wept and kissed and David “exceeded“ and they then went on to discuss their semen to - wait for it - "they shook hands".
Ruth 1:14, referring to the relationship between Ruth and Naomi, mentions that "Ruth clave onto her." (KJV) The Hebrew word translated here as "clave" is identical to that used in the description of a heterosexual marriage in Genesis .
When Saul of Tarsus set about his takeover of the early Christian churches, he found them all practising a form of Christianity older than his new project. They also allowed women to speak in church and sex between men and men and between women and women. He fired off some managerial directives to Corinth and Rome to get them to stop that, because he hated all forms of sex,as he admitted.
However, it is clear that what those churches were practising was the original form of Christianity as preached by Jesus, and it condoned homosexual relationships.
So what's your problem? I reckon it's preacher talk that got to you and those deliberately falsified1946 American “translations“ of the bible.
Ahhh, an educated person. Thank you, that was refreshing!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#94028 Nov 1, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for admitting your fib. "4 year honors science degree" So you earned a science degree in 1970, guess what old man, that information is mostly obsolete. Back in your day we had how many planets?
I am quite aware that the findings of science have eliminated a lot of what was taught back then, and I am not exactly living back in what I learned in the 60's. I have heard that a student today taking 1st year courses at university in some areas of study, will, when he finishes his 4th year, find that what he was taught in first year is not any longer taught. I have not personally proved that to be true. If you are so much more advanced then why do you have the opinions that you spout here, which show the education and intelligence of someone from the Middle Ages, or before that.

Science has not, however found anything to support what you say here.

The study of planets was not really my area of science back when I was in university.

Just to correct your point about the Honors Science Degree, I just checked the current categories at the university I attended, and they offer a general science degree with a minimum of a certain number of credits taken over 6 semesters, or an honors science degree with a higher number of credits and 8 semesters. I took the 8 semester course, and graduated with the Honors Science Degree. If you are American, I understand that your system there has a different definition, which is maybe the one you are referring to. I didn't earn my Sc Degree in the USA.

Having said all that, if you don't demonstrate some intelligence in your posts, then what in hell difference does a definition of a degree make?

Regarding my "fib", I have never knowingly lied on this or any other thread on Topix. If I told something that was untrue, then I did that in error, not because I was trying to mislead someone. One does not have to lie and make up things if one is taking the side of the truth to start with.

Location hidden

#94029 Nov 1, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>How much carbon did I burn doing that? LOL
I think, if I were you, I would be more worried about burning out your one active brain cell, rather than how much carbon you burned.

Location hidden

#94030 Nov 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I would suggest that denial, the deliberate blindness to reality and rejection of truth, is a sin.
I am surprised that most people make conclusions about homosexuality out of ignorance, but I am shocked that most homosexuals are not more informed about their sexual defect. It is that extreme blindness that to me exposes a spiritual element in our condition.
BS, do you ever get tired of shooting off your mouth about nonsense? Homosexuals have a condition which a minority of all human populations have, and it is something that they neither choose, nor likely even want when they first discover that, living in a world where the majority are attracted to the opposite sex, then find they are attracted only to the same sex. To add to their concern about that, is the ignorant bigotry that goes on in the world, from people who don't have a clue.

Location hidden

#94031 Nov 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Prov. 8:22-
You could call responsibility to our Creator either fear or wisdom...
I have experienced response to the Creator as love, not fear.
You experience love to this creator, that no one has ever seen, no one has ever heard from, books written about said deity are found to have scientifically proven lies in them, OR are you saying that you experience love FROM this same deity. If the latter is the case, then could you explain in simple terms that someone even as simple as I am will understand exactly how that love was experienced and how you were able to give credit to something or someone that no one has ever proved exists.

Location hidden

#94032 Nov 1, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The FIRST idea that comes into any right thinking man' mind, when he sees is anything is to ask who made it.
If some one sees a beautiful car parked in the street, will he not ask "Who is the manufacturer of this car"?
So it was very natural for humans, when they see so many things existing and working around him to ask, Who made them?
It would have been a very stupid and dumb person, who sees so many things in this universe and shrugs off his shoulder, neither asking, nor thinking from where these things came about?
And the second most important question, that comes into the mind of every reasonable and right thinking man is "What is my role and my purpose of being here on this earth and what shall happen when I am dead"
The quest of answers to these questions is very natural and that is why we find very few societies in entire human history who were "atheists".
Atheism is therefore a very recent phenomenon and not old.
If there are still people in this world who are not indoctrinated into a belief system from the earliest years, I would think them quite rare, but when I see a good looking car, the first thought that comes to my mind is why would someone pay so much for something which all cars have, and the only thing they have that is of any value, and that is 4 wheels on the road that gets them from point A to point B.

But because I have lived in an era after man learned all by himself, without any help from invisible beings, how to put together things that he found in nature to be able to travel down a road at rapid speeds, does not have anything at all to do with who made the stars, or who made the earth, or who made man. We now know thousands of times as much info about the origin of these things than the people knew at the time of the inventions of the currently worshiped Gods.

Yes, in times of our long dead ancestors, when they saw, or heard some things, such as thunder, lightning, earthquakes, tornadoes, they could not understand how those could occur so they imagined some invisible being was venting his anger on them, and some called this God. Today we know exactly what causes those things, and so we do not ask who did it, but how do we protect ourselves when a natural occurrence like that, which often threatens lives, occurs.

I am sorry, but your argument is old, tiresome, and illogical.

Location hidden

#94033 Nov 1, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
A MORE stupid person will say that the car made itself or just came by chance!!
Only Creationists say those kinds of things, which they make up to try, unsuccessfully, to fend off actual scientific knowledge.

Location hidden

#94034 Nov 1, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
That didn't only apply to gays, historically. It was the same story for women, black fellas, various native populations, etc. Why should they accept being treated as second-class citizens?!
We are all Homo Sapiens, after all.
Well said.

Location hidden

#94035 Nov 1, 2013
Bob wrote:
Homosexual Pride is nothing more than homosexual shame.
Homosexuals have chosen to sin.
Homosexuals have chosen to live in SHAME.
No pride only SHAME.
The Shame of being Homosexual.
Homosexuality is condemned in the Bible. Below are some Bible verses that condemn homosexuality:
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9(NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
The Shame of being a homosexual.
Bob, without knowing anything else about you, based on that post, I suspect you are a despicable person, and many people you know are quite aware of that.

I am a bit testy tonight, but I am getting really annoyed at all the hate mongers I see on these sites.

Location hidden

#94036 Nov 1, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am working for past 28 years in Saudi Arabia.
I did not hear even a "Single case" where some one was "executed" for apostasy.
from where you got info that people are decapitated in Saudi Arabia for apostasy?
Is this article a lie?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blasphemy_law_in...

My understanding is that SA is likely the most evil country in the world, but has some sort of an arrangement to be friends with the USA, because it has the most oil reserves in the world, with Canada having the 2nd largest reserves.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#94037 Nov 1, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I think, if I were you, I would be more worried about burning out your one active brain cell, rather than how much carbon you burned.
You offer nothing but insults and excuses. Not interesting. What kind of cooking pans have you been using?

Elk Grove, CA

#94038 Nov 1, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob, without knowing anything else about you, based on that post, I suspect you are a despicable person, and many people you know are quite aware of that.
I am a bit testy tonight, but I am getting really annoyed at all the hate mongers I see on these sites.
Do you hate the haters?

Elk Grove, CA

#94039 Nov 1, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Only Creationists say those kinds of things, which they make up to try, unsuccessfully, to fend off actual scientific knowledge.
You sound like an ahteist and a hater. Which most atheist do. Does science explain how the puddle of crud got there?

Elk Grove, CA

#94040 Nov 1, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>

Yes, in times of our long dead ancestors, when they saw, or heard some things, such as thunder, lightning, earthquakes, tornadoes, they could not understand how those could occur so they imagined some invisible being was venting his anger on them, and some called this God. Today we know exactly what causes those things, and so we do not ask who did it, but how do we protect ourselves when a natural occurrence like that, which often threatens lives, occurs.
Your argument is old. We all know some people made up gods for natural things taking place, but most of us still believe in a Higher power and has nothing to do with that.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#94041 Nov 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I would suggest that denial, the deliberate blindness to reality and rejection of truth, is a sin.
I am surprised that most people make conclusions about homosexuality out of ignorance, but I am shocked that most homosexuals are not more informed about their sexual defect. It is that extreme blindness that to me exposes a spiritual element in our condition.
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
BS, do you ever get tired of shooting off your mouth about nonsense? Homosexuals have a condition which a minority of all human populations have, and it is something that they neither choose, nor likely even want when they first discover that, living in a world where the majority are attracted to the opposite sex, then find they are attracted only to the same sex. To add to their concern about that, is the ignorant bigotry that goes on in the world, from people who don't have a clue.
Lets see,

~You call my comments nonsense without specificity OR detail, ie an unvalidated opinion. Ironic when you are claiming someone is spouting off 'nonsense'.

~You then give an accurate, sympathy focused overview, that marginally includes an admission that the condition is a defect, but then totally ignore the implications of that.

~You conclude by making an ignorant, bigoted, unvalidated charge that ANYONE who opposes ANYTHING about homosexuality is an ignorant bigot.

Been digging in stupid with those boooots while you were gone?

You are an embarrassment to near senile old jack asses.

Smirk.

Location hidden

#94043 Nov 2, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
You experience love to this creator, that no one has ever seen, no one has ever heard from, books written about said deity are found to have scientifically proven lies in them, OR are you saying that you experience love FROM this same deity. If the latter is the case, then could you explain in simple terms that someone even as simple as I am will understand exactly how that love was experienced and how you were able to give credit to something or someone that no one has ever proved exists.
First, you focus on circumstances that we don't understand. BUT, you ignore things we do understand, but can't explain. Beliefs in false things and people come and go all the time. Belief in Jehovah has not for billions of people over history.

A part of that is that most of those people HAVE experienced love from that deity. A recent example for my wife and I is this; For over a year we looked for a home to buy. Here are several examples of what occurred during that time.

We put offers in on two homes over that time that had been on the market. At the same time higher offers were made, and we lost the opportunity. We went to an auction, WON the bid at a price appropriate for the market. The owners rejected the bid.

On a fluke, I checked an online auction site. There was an upcoming ONLINE auction in a week. We looked at it with our realtor, and she was blown away. We won the auction, the house was conservatively appraised at 50,000 more than we bought it for. It was far more than we had been hoping for or looked at, and we got it for less than we had offered. The layout is perfect for our time in life.

My wife and I took that as a hug from God. I took it as God's choice for us, in the same way that my wife was God's choice for me, in spite of me constantly getting in the way. I can repeat those kind of incidents in our life over and over.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#94044 Nov 2, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
If there are still people in this world who are not indoctrinated into a belief system from the earliest years, I would think them quite rare, but when I see a good looking car, the first thought that comes to my mind is why would someone pay so much for something which all cars have, and the only thing they have that is of any value, and that is 4 wheels on the road that gets them from point A to point B.
But because I have lived in an era after man learned all by himself, without any help from invisible beings, how to put together things that he found in nature to be able to travel down a road at rapid speeds, does not have anything at all to do with who made the stars, or who made the earth, or who made man. We now know thousands of times as much info about the origin of these things than the people knew at the time of the inventions of the currently worshiped Gods.
All the questions about car' properties would come secondary, first thing you will look is "name and model #"?

Unless there is a manufacturer, no car with whatever features is worthless, because you cannot get it.

This is normal human behaviour to look for the manufacturer, the Creator.

How come we see so many things in Universe and NEVER think about who created them?

Half cooked answers by scientists that keep on changing every now and them, how come they satisfy your queries?

It is a very unreasonable attitude according to me.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#94045 Nov 2, 2013
Brighton John wrote:
<quoted text>
The original in the Hebrew Bible says:(Leviticus 18:22) And with a male, thou shalt not lie down in a woman's bed; it is an abomination (to'evah). A taboo, therefore, like not shaking hands with a woman in case she is menstruating. A woman's bed was her own property and even her husband was not always allowed into it.
“To’evah“ is explained by rabbinical authorities as "making a mistake" - hardly a sin).
Subsequent translations into Greek, Latin and English translate it wrongly and manage to include a condemnation of homosexuality into it. The Emperors Theodosius II and Justinian picked this up and included the condemnation in Roman law, primarily so that they could use it against men they wanted get rid of, the first one being a gay bishop of Alexandria.sexuality is absolutely forbidden, for it is an enormous sin"
New Living Translation (1996): "Do not practice homosexuality; it is a detestable sin.
A “mistake” has become an “abomination”(meaning something Jewish priests should not do).
Then “abomination” becomes “an enormous sin”
and “a detestable sin” all In stages easily swallowed by the gullible, who couldn't or wouldn't read for themselves.
The "living Bible" is a joke, by the way. It reduces the scene between David and Jonathan where they wept and kissed and David “exceeded“ and they then went on to discuss their semen to - wait for it - "they shook hands".
Ruth 1:14, referring to the relationship between Ruth and Naomi, mentions that "Ruth clave onto her." (KJV) The Hebrew word translated here as "clave" is identical to that used in the description of a heterosexual marriage in Genesis .
When Saul of Tarsus set about his takeover of the early Christian churches, he found them all practising a form of Christianity older than his new project. They also allowed women to speak in church and sex between men and men and between women and women. He fired off some managerial directives to Corinth and Rome to get them to stop that, because he hated all forms of sex,as he admitted.
However, it is clear that what those churches were practising was the original form of Christianity as preached by Jesus, and it condoned homosexual relationships.
So what's your problem? I reckon it's preacher talk that got to you and those deliberately falsified1946 American “translations“ of the bible.
Your positive image about homosexuality what you try to bring in this thread is a joke, a farce a lie and a corruption. No one is born gay.When a 50 years old family father becomes gay over night how is he born homosexual? What took him so long to discover his real "nature"?

Location hidden

#94046 Nov 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
All the questions about car' properties would come secondary, first thing you will look is "name and model #"?
Unless there is a manufacturer, no car with whatever features is worthless, because you cannot get it.
How come we see so many things in Universe and NEVER think about who created them?
Half cooked answers by scientists that keep on changing every now and them, how come they satisfy your queries?
And I keep pointing out the 'car' that Allah created.

When are you going to apologize for the violence and rape of innocent Christians?

Elk Grove, CA

#94047 Nov 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
MUQ
I do agree with you that science in itself takes faith and changes all the time. Science has many answers but not how the puddle of crud that they say all life evolved from got there in the first place. And God's foot print and signs are all around us.

Riccardo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Hidingfromyou 774,632
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 min bad bob 175,591
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Ink 559,266
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 14 min MUQ1 37,803
Snapchat nudes. Girls add me and will send back... (May '14) 14 min fordracer92 33
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 25 min Dr_Zorderz 265,055
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 28 min WasteWater 5,095
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 34 min Peace_Warrior 604,892
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr joe 441,761
More from around the web