58,156 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#93507 Oct 4, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible is remarkably self-consistent, despite having been written by more than 40 different writers over a timespan of about 2,000 years. God’s moral law, man’s rebellion against God’s law, and God’s plan of salvation are the continuing themes throughout the pages of Scripture. This internal consistency is what we would expect if the Bible really is what it claims to be—God’s revelation. The truth of the Bible is obvious to anyone willing to fairly investigate it. The Bible is uniquely self-consistent and extraordinarily authentic. It has changed the lives of millions of people who have placed their faith in Christ. It has been confirmed countless times by archaeology and other sciences. It possesses divine insight into the nature of the universe and has made correct predictions about distant future events with perfect accuracy. When Christians read the Bible, they cannot help but recognize the voice of their Creator. The Bible claims to be the Word of God, and it demonstrates this claim by making knowledge possible. It is the standard of standards. The proof of the Bible is that unless its truth is presupposed, we couldn’t prove anything at all
It still is just an opinion by a group of men. It contains their opinions and bias as well as mystical ideas.

No, we can prove things which are tangible and readily verifiable.

Belief in the Bible is simply belief. Some Christians read the Bible and see the mystical creation of what is written. All is up for debate. For example, is it possible that God is both good and evil?
MUQ

Lucknow, India

#93510 Oct 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the Quran deemed them guilty. You know that.
We do apologize, and it would take very little time, because it rarely happens.
As I have pointed out, it is Muslim violence, done in the name of Islam that is committing innumerable atrocities today. Against fellow Muslims!
You owe us an apology or your personal faith has no integrity.
Quran never says that you kill innocent people of other faiths, just because they are Non Muslims.

Why should I apologize for non Islamic act committed by people who have Muslim sounding names?

I did not hear you people apologizing for US attack on Iraq on wrong charges, that killed close to a million people there?

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#93511 Oct 4, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Quran never says that you kill innocent people of other faiths, just because they are Non Muslims.
Why should I apologize for non Islamic act committed by people who have Muslim sounding names?
I did not hear you people apologizing for US attack on Iraq on wrong charges, that killed close to a million people there?

Quran (2:216)- "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not." Not only does this verse establish that violence can be virtuous, but it also contradicts the myth that fighting is intended only in self-defense, since the audience was obviously not under attack at the time. From the Hadith, we know that this verse was narrated at a time that Muhammad was actually trying to motivate his people into raiding merchant caravans for loot.

Quran (3:56)- "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

Quran (3:151)- "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority". This speaks directly of polytheists, yet it also includes Christians, since they believe in the Trinity (ie. what Muhammad incorrectly believed to be 'joining companions to Allah').

Quran (4:74)- "Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward." The martyrs of Islam are unlike the early Christians, led meekly to the slaughter. These Muslims are killed in battle, as they attempt to inflict death and destruction for the cause of Allah. Here is the theological basis for today's suicide bombers.
Greg Kirschmann

Burlington, WI

#93512 Oct 4, 2013
European Aussie wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are looking for a factal (????) following you're in the wrong denomination ...Perhaps look to Scientology. Christianity is (purely) a spiritual way of life. See its <sic) not nice when your <sic> mean to people! Don't blame me. I did not write the Bible, I follow it. The Bible is the Bible.'So it is written so it will be done.' There is NO grey area. You do not build a buggy, then go to Mercedes Benz and tell them whats <sic> wrong with ther <sic> new S Class Series, let alone even go there with the Bible- Youa re <sic> literally suggesting through all this new age crap that you know what is best and God dosent <sic> - can you believe this guy, woman, LBGT!?
NOW the facts for you: homosexuality is 'phenonomeonally a socially learnt constuct' <sic>. As with positive criminology theory. It can be unlearnt and people have been healed. Be well... E.A.
Your buggy analogy is, quite possibly, the worst analogy ever presented on Topix (or in the history of civilization, for that matter).

Nobody has EVER been "healed" by ex-gay therapy; they have only modified their behavior.

Sacramento, CA

#93513 Oct 4, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>

The US attack on Iraq was not about asking the people questions to determine if they were Christians and then killing them. Actually it had Nothing to do with religion except that most of the terrorists are Islamics.
MUQ

Lucknow, India

#93514 Oct 4, 2013
RF wrote:
Quran (2:216)- "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not." Not only does this verse establish that violence can be virtuous, but it also contradicts the myth that fighting is intended only in self-defense, since the audience was obviously not under attack at the time. From the Hadith, we know that this verse was narrated at a time that Muhammad was actually trying to motivate his people into raiding merchant caravans for loot.

Quran (3:56)- "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

Quran (3:151)- "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority". This speaks directly of polytheists, yet it also includes Christians, since they believe in the Trinity (ie. what Muhammad incorrectly believed to be 'joining companions to Allah').

Quran (4:74)- "Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward." The martyrs of Islam are unlike the early Christians, led meekly to the slaughter. These Muslims are killed in battle, as they attempt to inflict death and destruction for the cause of Allah. Here is the theological basis for today's suicide bombers.
Ans.

Trying to “Prove” falsehood from Quran? Do you?

Here are short answers for these Quranic Verses:

2:206:

Fighting in the cause of God is a duty of every right thinking man. It is “fighting in the cause of God” and not mere “fighting”?

Fighting in the cause of God, is fighting against corruption, injustice and mischief, if that fighting is disallowed, who will maintain peace on this land?

You have drawn very wrong conclusion from this Quranic verse. This is no license for every Muslim to go out and start killing Non Muslims

3:56:

This is what God will do to those who reject True faith. There is no licence for Muslims to go out and kill Non Muslims

3:151:

The answer is ditto, there is no permission in this verse for Muslims to go out and start killing Non Muslims

4:74

This verse describes that “fighting in the cause of God” is “Not to earn wealth, or exploit other nations and their wealth”.

This fight is to remove tyranny and mischief from this earth and it is duty of every right thinking men.

Conclusion:

None of these Quranic verses (and it does not matter, how many more verses you bring to support your case) give “general permission” to every Muslim to go and kill any Non Muslim.

Fighting and wars are also part of human life and Quran regulates these to their proper limits.

And if it is from Quran that Muslims learn all that violence, from where Christians learned all that violence that enables them to kill more innocent men, women and children than all other religions combined?

You need to “re-group” your ammunition against Islam and Quran

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#93515 Oct 4, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. You are partially right here, there is a “Planned conspiracy” to malign the image of Islam and Muslims.[/quote]
There are some very wealthy Jewish people in the world, and because money is behind all things, then obviously if they place their money with certain causes the causes will be better financed. Do you realize though that the total Jew population of the world is insignificant compared to the total human population. That Jews are behind everything is a conspiracy theory that is spread by Islamic Extremists and neo-nazis
[Quote]02. It is Islam which says that God sent prophets and books in all ages and in all nations. All big religions of the world basically started as “Islam” and these names which people say are of their own choice.[/quote]

Yet we know that Islam was started by a person with some authority and control who convinced others that he had received word from 'Allah', much the same as Joseph Smith convinced people he had read a Gold tablet in his hat. Total fictitious. Islam cannot survive the west because it is too backward in its thinking and in its human rights issues.
[quote]03. You are partially right here. There is absolutely no evidence that there are gods in this universe, who have hand in its creation and running.
But every thing in universe is a “Living Proof” that it has been created by One and True God of this Universe.
How can you say that there is No Evidence? Did you find any “mis-order or arbitrary behaviour” in this Universe?
Who “fixed” orbits of these Billions upon Billions of planets and stars? Newton, Darwin or Einstein?[/quote]

Humans created those questions, and they also determined the various order that does exist. Why is it necessary to have some invisible creature that created all that and controls it? That is a human definition also.

[quote]04. Actually it is the “Pauline Christianity” which is totally against reason and logic.[/quote]

All beliefs not based in hard cold facts are against reason and logic.
[quote]The real fight is between Islam and Materialism and Atheism.
The world will only survive if we use our science and intelligence to deal with the environment and other things in the universe. A belief in an invisible deity will never do it.

Location hidden

#93516 Oct 4, 2013
Sorry I totally messed up my quotes and responses in the above post, so that it is difficult to read.

Location hidden

#93517 Oct 4, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible is remarkably self-consistent, despite having been written by more than 40 different writers over a timespan of about 2,000 years. God’s moral law, man’s rebellion against God’s law, and God’s plan of salvation are the continuing themes throughout the pages of Scripture. This internal consistency is what we would expect if the Bible really is what it claims to be—God’s revelation. The truth of the Bible is obvious to anyone willing to fairly investigate it. The Bible is uniquely self-consistent and extraordinarily authentic. It has changed the lives of millions of people who have placed their faith in Christ. It has been confirmed countless times by archaeology and other sciences. It possesses divine insight into the nature of the universe and has made correct predictions about distant future events with perfect accuracy. When Christians read the Bible, they cannot help but recognize the voice of their Creator. The Bible claims to be the Word of God, and it demonstrates this claim by making knowledge possible. It is the standard of standards. The proof of the Bible is that unless its truth is presupposed, we couldn’t prove anything at all
Actually, unless you are being sarcastic, none of what you said is true.
MUQ

Lucknow, India

#93518 Oct 4, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
The world will only survive if we use our science and intelligence to deal with the environment and other things in the universe. A belief in an invisible deity will never do it.
The world will survive, if Scientists realize that there are things which are not made of physical material and not subject to material laws.

The day they realize it, their bias towards religion would be gone and they would become "true scientists".

That would be a very good day for this world.

Location hidden

#93519 Oct 4, 2013
European Aussie wrote:
<quoted text>
So your constructive criticism is befitting of the image of Jesus in your avatar. I will afford you tailored treatment then.'Do unto other...' etc etc is paramount to ANY christian religion- your avatar suggests you are a Christian. How missguided are you...? You ignorant hick! But Mmmm... come to thinking not only do you have to justify your sexual orientation to God, but when you loose faith and every day of you existence here on earth to society as well. Who like it or not DO NOT SHARE YOUR GAY LOVE. Good luck with that... ;)
Last word... does this ring a bell,'So it is written so it will be done'. The writings on the wall so to speak. Meaning NO P00Fters. Meaning schools out! Thankyou. Bow.. Bow.. Bow..
Your abusive, puny God does not exist. You make Jesus weep with your lies and condemnations. Jesus doesn't know you.

Location hidden

#93520 Oct 4, 2013
European Aussie wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are looking for a factal following you're in the wrong denomination ...Perhaps look to Scientology. Christianity is (purely) a spiritual way of life. See its not nice when your mean to people! Don't blame me. I did not write the Bible, I follow it. The Bible is the Bible.'So it is written so it will be done.' There is NO grey area. You do not build a buggy, then go to Mercedes Benz and tell them whats wrong with ther new S Class Series, let alone even go there with the Bible- Youa re literally suggesting through all this new age crap that you know what is best and God dosent - can you believe this guy, woman, LBGT!?
NOW the facts for you: homosexuality is 'phenonomeonally a socially learnt constuct'. As with positive criminology theory. It can be unlearnt and people have been healed. Be well... E.A.
You don't follow the Bible. The Bible contradicts itself. Forget homosexuality. Tell me, if Jesus did not come to change the law, why did he openly disregard the Law of Moses? Why do you openly live in rebellion to Matthew 7:1 and judge others?

Sacramento, CA

#93521 Oct 4, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, unless you are being sarcastic, none of what you said is true.
ok, yes great one, what more can you reveal to us below you great one?

Sacramento, CA

#93522 Oct 4, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like your religion is global warming? Do you follow Rev Gore?

Sacramento, CA

#93523 Oct 4, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>

Conclusion:
None of these Quranic verses (and it does not matter, how many more verses you bring to support your case) give “general permission” to every Muslim to go and kill any Non Muslim.
Fighting and wars are also part of human life and Quran regulates these to their proper limits.
And if it is from Quran that Muslims learn all that violence, from where Christians learned all that violence that enables them to kill more innocent men, women and children than all other religions combined?
You need to “re-group” your ammunition against Islam and Quran
Depends how you interpret them. I guess a lot of Islamics agree with my assessment. I notice you defend Islam by attacking Christians, show us a link in the modern world of Christians slaughtering innocent humans today.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#93525 Oct 5, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Saddam WAS a weapon of mass destruction, unless you agree that Islam okayed his behavior. Iraq OWES the US payment for freeing them. This deliverance was not done in the name of Christ. Infidels delivered Muslims from barbarity because Allah could not.

Now you are point blank lying like a gay. The Kenyan and Nigerian atrocities were done in the name of Islam.

You owe Christians an apology and infidels a thank you.

Location hidden

#93526 Oct 5, 2013
For ss couples to be equated to marriage, the demand is that children be removed from consideration to equate ss couples to marriage, and that mother and father be removed to equate ss couples to family.

What's my point?

1. The last two times the Court legally removed consideration of children, divorce and abortion, the effects were devastating for children. Now gays are attempting to deny children as a fundamental element of children.

2. Legally, naturally and morally birth parents have a favored place for children. For ss couples to equate, you are attempting to deny and break those bonds.

You again throw children under the bus, and then add your own parents.

Location hidden

#93527 Oct 5, 2013
Last line of 1 should be 'fundamental element of marriage'

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#93528 Oct 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Last line of 1 should be 'fundamental element of marriage'
That's too bad because you've already copied and pasted it to/from other threads. Awkward.

If only fixing that one word could "fix" your entire argument. But, there's no fix for senile.
MUQ

Lucknow, India

#93531 Oct 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Saddam WAS a weapon of mass destruction, unless you agree that Islam okayed his behavior. Iraq OWES the US payment for freeing them. This deliverance was not done in the name of Christ. Infidels delivered Muslims from barbarity because Allah could not.
Now you are point blank lying like a gay. The Kenyan and Nigerian atrocities were done in the name of Islam.
You owe Christians an apology and infidels a thank you.
If Saddam was WMD, why US had to search and "declare" their failure to find any WMD in Iraq?

Are you speaking with hindsight?

Attack on Iraq on false charges and re-election of GWB the Great are the two black spot on Western Democratic system.

Try to wash that out and then speak to Muslims and terrorism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"How much WIGGLIN' you plan on DOIN'??! lol 4 min Knock off purse s... 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min USA Born 596,158
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Tide with Beach 854,586
Whole Foods finally admits it ripped customers ... 7 min Knock off purse s... 5
The Christian Atheist debate 8 min Brian_G 898
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 15 min WasteWater 6,134
How Republicans And Democrats Are Using Racism ... 15 min Knock off purse s... 3
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr I Am No One_ 444,291
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 hr Charlie Sheen 272,082
More from around the web