hump free

Jackson, TN

#93316 Sep 28, 2013
84,305! WOW! lot of fuss about this bullscrap

Since: Aug 11

Scotts Valley, CA

#93317 Sep 28, 2013
NotoriousCTR wrote:
Homosexuality is only a sin if it is two males together, because when they're done someone has poop on them.
That's why being a bisexual or lesbian woman is ok. Nobody gets poop on them.
Childhood obsession with poop? OMG. That's too funny.

Scotts Valley, CA

#93318 Sep 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Scripture does not make that claim. As a matter of fact the decision of the Acts council which dealt with circumcision had zero scripture precedent. It did not end there as the Bible was compiled by committee hundreds of years after the Apostles. There is the guidance of the Holy Spirit which worked in group settings by church authorities. Unless you believe the Holy Spirit does not guide Godly men and women.
Interesting. So Scripture is not the final answer. The Holy Spirit is the answer. What is the Holy Spirit?

Since: Sep 13

Westerly, RI

#93319 Sep 28, 2013
It's only sinful if you believe it is. Most men don't believe it is so they keep blowing other men as they've done since the beginning of time.

Scotts Valley, CA

#93320 Sep 28, 2013
toby wrote:
Yea Riccardo you have a unique dialogue with God, but it sounds more like a dialogue with your inflated ego. I don't get defensive about matters of the metaphysical, when discussing aspects of immortality striving it's not necessary to refute anything, but it is necessary to bring common sense into play and to subject the religious claims made in this forum to a little scientific scrutiny and common sense. However applying the laws of physics, common sense and really ruminating the religious propositions being made, is in your interpretation, mocking God, and when you say (shut up and listen) that's what all religious devotees eventually say to anyone who dares to scrutinize and question, just shut up and listen.
I am also not confused at all, I point out concisely again and again where many of the premises are false. A ( a tiny voice inside your head) is not empirical evidence that there is a God or that there is any supernatural tiny voice that really exist. Religious faith helps people avoid dealing with the harsh realities of life, I could provide several examples I have personally experienced in the past of people who claimed to hear the voice of God, in which it latter turned out to be completely bogus. Several Christians I knew were always ranting on about what God had just told them the night or day before and what God had revealed to them. Matter of fact it reached the point of absurdity when God was commanding them to do ritual A and B in order to achieve the promised success from that unique voice of God.
That supernatural voice of God had instructed them that incredible success was coming and that they were to use the success for the kingdom of God, the success never came and just about every promise that God supposedly made to them never materialized. When I asked my Christian friends later why God would lie to them, they just basically said to me what your saying " God works in mysterious ways, Shut up and just listen to God, you sinner!"
Is this a projection on your part. If I am not mistaken, you appear to have much ego invested in this opinion.

Scotts Valley, CA

#93321 Sep 28, 2013
objuanknobjob wrote:
It's only sinful if you believe it is. Most men don't believe it is so they keep blowing other men as they've done since the beginning of time.
Really?
toby

Portland, OR

#93322 Sep 28, 2013
How about this product (The talking Cross) it comes with two double A batteries and has up to 100 Biblically inspired sentences when you push the little button at the top of the cross.

It says things like

Believe or burn !
Damnation to all sodomites!
He looks like just another rotten Philistine !
Let's stone an adulterer, oh yea no more stoning, that's what hell is for!
Spare the rod and spoil the child, beat that little heathen brat!
You wouldn't be one of those godless none believers would you?
I'm a god of love that's why I created a perpetual place of torment for unbelievers.
Love me or burn forever !
I'm a jealous God and you are giving attention to something else again, beware!
I use to be an old mean angry God, after a little Christian public relations campaign now I'm the lovable Jesus.
Don't tell me you fornicated again!

The talking cross by Hasbro
toby

Portland, OR

#93323 Sep 28, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this a projection on your part. If I am not mistaken, you appear to have much ego invested in this opinion.
I actually provided examples of experience of people who have proposed that God was speaking to them, observation and experience is not by any means psychological projection. A non belief in something doesn't have to be defended in the first place , but if someone is making the assertion that they not only know that God exist but that they hear this Gods voice, I can scrutinize that claim without any psychological projection.
MUQ

Delhi, India

#93324 Sep 28, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
If God created everything, and God knows everything from beginning to end, then it follows that God also created evil. Think about it my friend. If good and bad did not exist, then you would have no choice and free will would not exist. Am I correct?
You said, "God allowed for the possibility of evil so that we could genuinely have a free will and choose whether or not we wanted to serve Him." Therefore you agree that God did create evil.
You are right, God created what we call Evil, but there is nothing "evil" by itself,

It is the "un athorized usage" that makes any thing Evil. God created evil to "test" humans how well they follow His instructions and stay save from temptations to do these evil deeds.

Those who cannot control themselves and fall into error have themselves to blame and not God.

Because there were so many humans who stayed away from that evil path.

This is a very delicate debate and something which most people do not understand and fall into error and instead of repenting and ask forgivness, start blaming God, thereby increasing their guilt many times more.
toby

Portland, OR

#93325 Sep 28, 2013
You see psychological projection would mean that I myself inform people they are sinners, sodomites, hell bound, etc, that I judge other people according to some lofty religious fundamentalism and that I then assign those same negative attributes to someone else. When projection is used I notice it is just thrown around loosely and without much consideration. If someone points out that someone else is a condescending religious asshole and they happen to really be a condescending judgmental sanctimonious asshole, that is not projection at all. Now I'm a little too opinionated beyond a doubt, and have very little skill of tact and finesse, but that doesn't make it psychological projection by any means.
toby

Portland, OR

#93326 Sep 28, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, God created what we call Evil, but there is nothing "evil" by itself,
It is the "un athorized usage" that makes any thing Evil. God created evil to "test" humans how well they follow His instructions and stay save from temptations to do these evil deeds.
Those who cannot control themselves and fall into error have themselves to blame and not God.
Because there were so many humans who stayed away from that evil path.
This is a very delicate debate and something which most people do not understand and fall into error and instead of repenting and ask forgivness, start blaming God, thereby increasing their guilt many times more.
If God is all omniscient he already would know well in advance of how well humans would follow his instructions and stay away from temptations, so he creates conditions he knows is deleterious and continues on with the experiment? That is similar to mixing gasoline and fire and acting surprised and outraged at the results. An omniscient God without any obviation is what you are saying.

So God is saying " I gave you the capacity to sin , and you sinned !" I'm not being cynical, I just don't understand the premise to your argument.
toby

Portland, OR

#93327 Sep 28, 2013
God - "I provided the wheel with the capacity to roll and it did roll"
toby

Portland, OR

#93328 Sep 28, 2013
I would love to be omniscient myself, although I don't believe there is really such a state of being , but if I could be I would know well in advance all the mistakes I would make and correct them all, I would be perfect. If I was a omniscient God I would know what my creations would be susceptible to far in advance and would make those changes or by obviation avoid the course I was going to take. The( unauthorized usage) conception of evil makes no sense to me, why would a Father or Mother create poison, place it at the disposal of their children, point out the poison is at their disposal, accentuate to them not to touch it, then leave them alone with the poison and most malevolent entity in existence? That would be the same as giving a child a lighter and leaving them with a can of gas and then bringing over the worlds most prolific arsonist to babysit them, and calling the disastrous results free will.
toby

Portland, OR

#93329 Sep 28, 2013
Heavenly father says to his first two children- "Alright kids, I'm headed out to the movies, I left some poison in the garden, marked with a red P, whatever you do don't eat it, oh and i'm leaving you with the most sociopathic killer babysitter in existence (but in the form of a snake) just call him Satan and whatever you do don't listen to what he has to say.

That would make a somewhat comical cartoon and to think some people believe it in a literalist sense.

Scotts Valley, CA

#93330 Sep 28, 2013
toby wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually provided examples of experience of people who have proposed that God was speaking to them, observation and experience is not by any means psychological projection. A non belief in something doesn't have to be defended in the first place , but if someone is making the assertion that they not only know that God exist but that they hear this Gods voice, I can scrutinize that claim without any psychological projection.
I see your point. So a person calls what they experience God's voice. So what?

Scotts Valley, CA

#93331 Sep 28, 2013
toby wrote:
Heavenly father says to his first two children- "Alright kids, I'm headed out to the movies, I left some poison in the garden, marked with a red P, whatever you do don't eat it, oh and i'm leaving you with the most sociopathic killer babysitter in existence (but in the form of a snake) just call him Satan and whatever you do don't listen to what he has to say.
That would make a somewhat comical cartoon and to think some people believe it in a literalist sense.
It's mythology. It also is an example of man creating God in his own paternal image. Am I correct?
toby

Portland, OR

#93332 Sep 28, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
It's mythology. It also is an example of man creating God in his own paternal image. Am I correct?
Yes I believe you're correct

Scotts Valley, CA

#93333 Sep 28, 2013
toby wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I believe you're correct
I have heard it said God created man in his own image. Man has been returning the favor ever since. ;)

“Merry Yuletide”

Since: Jun 13

Down Under

#93334 Sep 28, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it is just mythology. And sometimes I like the Koori mythology much better.

Scotts Valley, CA

#93335 Sep 28, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it is just mythology. And sometimes I like the Koori mythology much better.
What is that? Tell me more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 min Clearwater 175,610
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min onemale 265,111
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 8 min AN NFL FAN 119,651
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Ghost Writer 2 U 775,049
Ranking Miracle 9 min medprof 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min June VanDerMark 559,400
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 min lil whispers 604,994
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 12 hr Barnsweb 441,764
More from around the web