Yes

No

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#93194 Sep 25, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You "kicked" the Taliban Ass?
You are coming back after 12 years with Taliban as strong as earlier.
You are unable to enter into areas controlled by them , that is why you are using drones.
No Brave US soldiers is brave enough to go into the areas controlled by Taliban.
And you say you kicked their Ass.
It is very easy to go into Afghanistan and get control of Kabul....it is getting away from there that is very difficult.
Ask Russians and ask British Empire?
It was Rambo GWB the Great which got USA into this soup!!
May be you should re-elect him in 2016, to get you out of that soup!!
The drones are a good thing, it takes the blood away from our brave men. OF course we know the Taliban can't be completely defeated. But we did rid them of many of their great Islamic hero's. Basically because the Taliban AREN'T a cohesive "army." They're "gorilla type" local fighters, who KNOW the Countryside like the BACK of their Hand- and They can "Appear; Shoot; and Disappear back into the Population"- practically at Will. These kind of "phantom Killers"- can be VERY Hard to get Rid of. Hence, the reason why so many innocents are killed. They fight hiding behind women and children. They are cowards.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#93195 Sep 25, 2013
Not in my book it isn't. lol
thehumanhighligh treel

Boston, MA

#93196 Sep 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I maligned addressed straight and gay pedophiles. Equally.
You are putting children at risk to maintain your denial. Despicable!
You're a funny troll.
thehumanhighligh treel

Boston, MA

#93197 Sep 25, 2013
All Quiet on the Western Front.

That's all I have to say about war.

Drones are a good thing? You must be insane.
thehumanhighligh treel

Boston, MA

#93198 Sep 25, 2013
Are we seriously bringing morality into warfare?

By the logic of your perceived "cowardice", we are cowards in the Revolutionary War. We didn't fight in lines and tended to do a lot of guerrilla warfare against the British. You fight a war to win; you do everything you have to do to win.

Tell me how honorable we are for raping a 14 year old Iraqi girl and murdering her family.

Tell me how honorable we are for dropping bombs from afar and killing innocents in the process.

We have no moral authority, no moral argument. We, the United States, are hypocrites.
thehumanhighligh treel

Boston, MA

#93199 Sep 25, 2013
“But now, for the first time, I see you are a man like me. I thought of your hand-grenades, of your bayonet, of your rifle; now I see your wife and your face and our fellowship. Forgive me, comrade. We always see it too late. Why do they never tell us that you are poor devils like us, that your mothers are just as anxious as ours, and that we have the same fear of death, and the same dying and the same agony--Forgive me, comrade; how could you be my enemy?”- Erich Maria Remarque

Sacramento, CA

#93201 Sep 25, 2013
thehumanhighlightreel wrote:
All Quiet on the Western Front.
That's all I have to say about war.
Drones are a good thing? You must be insane.
Considering they are affective and save lives of American Soldiers, I agree, they are a good thing. Like you posted, you do what you have to do to win. Or does that depend what side you are on? Who's side are you on?

Sacramento, CA

#93202 Sep 25, 2013
Are we seriously bringing morality into warfare?
By the logic of your perceived "cowardice", we are cowards in the Revolutionary War. We didn't fight in lines and tended to do a lot of guerrilla warfare against the British. You fight a war to win; you do everything you have to do to win.
Tell me how honorable we are for raping a 14 year old Iraqi girl and murdering her family.
Tell me how honorable we are for dropping bombs from afar and killing innocents in the process.
We have no moral authority, no moral argument. We, the United States, are hypocrites.
Did the Americans in the Revolutionary War hide out in Daycare's? Schools? Hospitals? Did they blow themselves up to win? NO....because they were human beings. When criminals fly planes into our buildings on our soil and a whole country hides them and celebrates....it's what you deserve, YOU and your Terrorist friends need to join the human race. Stop blaming the west for your problems. In the future we won't need your oil and then you can go back to your killing each other on camels.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#93203 Sep 25, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>The drones are a good thing, it takes the blood away from our brave men. OF course we know the Taliban can't be completely defeated. But we did rid them of many of their great Islamic hero's. Basically because the Taliban AREN'T a cohesive "army." They're "gorilla type" local fighters, who KNOW the Countryside like the BACK of their Hand- and They can "Appear; Shoot; and Disappear back into the Population"- practically at Will. These kind of "phantom Killers"- can be VERY Hard to get Rid of. Hence, the reason why so many innocents are killed. They fight hiding behind women and children. They are cowards.
You are right, Taliban are Gorilla type of fighters and that suits them, they dont have very deep pockets and standing army.

But they have advantage of terrain and can keep any army at bay.

They have nothing much to loose, while those who occupy the land for long durations only have to loose.

The BEST course for USA was to come back after defeating the regime and installing their "puppet" there.

But they wanted "more glory" to turn Afghanistan into a "Modern Secular Democratic country" (the same thing they attempted in Iraq).... and that was their failure.

US people did not know when to stop, and now they will come back with almost zero results, no good will from local people and egg on their faces.

It was an exercise in futility by every means.
thehumanhighligh treel

Boston, MA

#93204 Sep 25, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Did the Americans in the Revolutionary War hide out in Daycare's? Schools? Hospitals? Did they blow themselves up to win? NO....because they were human beings. When criminals fly planes into our buildings on our soil and a whole country hides them and celebrates....it's what you deserve, YOU and your Terrorist friends need to join the human race. Stop blaming the west for your problems. In the future we won't need your oil and then you can go back to your killing each other on camels.
I am caucasian. I live in the United States of America and was born here. I'm of Norwegian descent. I don't have any "Terrorist friends". I have lots of friends and family whom I care deeply about.

I happen to care about the civilians on the other side who don't really have a cause for either side. And our own soldiers who come back with severe PTSD. The soldiers who have even formed organizations that are against the wars in the Middle East. Soldiers are even speaking out against going into Syria.

The hijackers of the planes were mostly Saudi Arabian by the way. Why do we still support Saudi Arabia and their despotic regime?

We spurred the Iran coup in 1953, we've bombed Middle Eastern places pre-9/11. The CIA and FBI have cited blowback as the cause of 9/11. Criminals? Yes. Crime against humanity? Yes. This doesn't excuse us from committing the same crime. Don't you see the cycle?

They had it coming. That's what people said about 9/11 when it happened. That's what we said when we killed innocent civilians over there. That's what we said when we bombed two Japanese cities. They had it coming. Cyclical violence. The only way to stop it is, well... Stop.

So, you've made assumptions about me and were drastically wrong. Not really surprising. How can I blame the west for my problems when well... I live in the west? Lol. But, we certainly are the cause for our own economic crisis and what is one leading factor? War! Oh the irony.

When you tell me I need to join the human race, you should probably look at yourself in the mirror first.
thehumanhighligh treel

Boston, MA

#93205 Sep 25, 2013
“The chain reaction of evil… wars producing more wars… must be broken, or we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation”

Who said that? Martin Luther King Jr.

“If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy… The loss of Liberty at home is to be charged to the provisions against danger, real or imagined, from abroad…”

Who said that? The fourth president of the United States, James Madison.

"Our real enemy is not the ones living in a distant land whose names or policies we don’t understand; The real enemy is a system that wages war when it’s profitable, the CEOs who lay us off our jobs when it’s profitable, the Insurance Companies who deny us Health care when it’s profitable, the Banks who take away our homes when it’s profitable. Our enemies are not several hundred thousands away. They are right here in front of us."

And that is from Mike Prysner, a combat veteran who served in Iraq.

Some fairly intelligent people with a fair amount of credibility.

Sacramento, CA

#93206 Sep 25, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>

US people did not know when to stop, and now they will come back with almost zero results, no good will from local people and egg on their faces.
It was an exercise in futility by every means.
The US people didn't vote on it. The US people don't make international decisions. Can you say.....Obama?

Sacramento, CA

#93207 Sep 25, 2013
<quoted text>
I am caucasian. I live in the United States of America and was born here. I'm of Norwegian descent. I don't have any "Terrorist friends". I have lots of friends and family whom I care deeply about.
But yet you hate this country and seem to love and care about the terrorists, why is that?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#93208 Sep 25, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Did the Americans in the Revolutionary War hide out in Daycare's? Schools? Hospitals? Did they blow themselves up to win? NO....because they were human beings. When criminals fly planes into our buildings on our soil and a whole country hides them and celebrates....it's what you deserve, YOU and your Terrorist friends need to join the human race. Stop blaming the west for your problems. In the future we won't need your oil and then you can go back to your killing each other on camels.
yep.

Sacramento, CA

#93209 Sep 25, 2013
<quoted text>
I happen to care about the civilians on the other side who don't really have a cause for either side.
Do you Know those Civilians? How do you know they don't have a side? If you care about the civilians, then you should be happy the Americans killed the Taliban who keep the women covered, out of schools and treated like slaves? Seems like you are on the wrong side.

Sacramento, CA

#93210 Sep 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Soldiers are even speaking out against going into Syria.
Why did you bring that up? Has nothing to do with anything we were talking about. There is no good side in Syria. Most Americans are against going in and arming anyone in Syria. I say sit back and watch them kill each other.

Sacramento, CA

#93211 Sep 25, 2013
<quoted text>
I am caucasian.
So what? Does that make you special?

Sacramento, CA

#93212 Sep 25, 2013
<quoted text>
The hijackers of the planes were mostly Saudi Arabian by the way. Why do we still support Saudi Arabia and their despotic regime?
Great idea, find out where a criminal is from and bomb that country, maybe they won't make any more criminals...LOL We support the Saudi's because we still want to drive our cars. What do you think?
thehumanhighligh treel

Boston, MA

#93213 Sep 25, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>But yet you hate this country and seem to love and care about the terrorists, why is that?
I don't believe I actually stated that I hate this country.

Nor have I said that I love terrorists.
thehumanhighligh treel

Boston, MA

#93214 Sep 25, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Great idea, find out where a criminal is from and bomb that country, maybe they won't make any more criminals...LOL We support the Saudi's because we still want to drive our cars. What do you think?
Well, that and evidence that connects Saudi Arabia to supporting terrorism.

But we don't care about that do we?

Exactly, we support despotic regimes. Do you see the hypocrisy of our actions yet? I'm not willing to send young men to die for oil and the profits of corrupt profiteers. But, for some reason you seem to be willing. Worse, you seem to veil it with morality of which there is none.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min KayMarie 590,854
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Aura Mytha 840,036
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 20 min RiccardoFire 470
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 271,408
News Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 2 hr Swedenforever 137
Made as He!! ????? 2 hr Protester 4
dressing for fun 2 hr Rudeboy63 1
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 hr RiccardoFire 4,639
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Truths 612,220
More from around the web