Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#93052 Sep 19, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
You might want to do some research in to that...there is some indication that at one time there was indeed SSM in early history.
Here is one place to start...
http://www.randomhistory.com/history-of-gay-m...
Brief excerpt...
" Roman social customs are relatively well known, and same-sex unions existed as high in society as among Roman emperors. Roman statesman Cicero also documented legal rights of an individual within a same-sex marriage. Female same-sex unions seemed to have been less common, but only because women enjoyed less freedom in their economic and social endeavors (Eskridge).
Over time, Rome experienced a similar trajectory as Greece between the early republic and the later empire, and negative attitude toward same-sex unions and non-procreative sexuality increased with the rise of Christianity in the Roman Empire (Pickett). By the fourth century, anxiety toward obviously pervasive same-sex unions reached a peak when the state passed a law promising punishment to anyone entering a same-sex marriage (Eskridge)."
he he heeeee
son GAY with Aids
mama Annie-lesbian with full closet of AAA male devices from 4 to 18 inch long???=perfect american godless moraly filthy family

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#93053 Sep 19, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you tell me who authored these tests to determine if Mohammad is a prophet? Who administered the tests and who did the grading?
Some tests are written in such a way as to show bias and to predetermine an outcome. Unless the test originates from a neutral source...the outcome is suspect...IMO.
http://www.answering-islam.org /Authors/Wood/deuteronomy_dedu ctions.htm

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#93054 Sep 19, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you tell me who authored these tests to determine if Mohammad is a prophet? Who administered the tests and who did the grading?
Some tests are written in such a way as to show bias and to predetermine an outcome. Unless the test originates from a neutral source...the outcome is suspect...IMO.
Islam claims to be a perfection of Jude's /Christian faith. It is within the sacred Bible these qualifications are given.

Are you a person of similar faith?

Location hidden

#93055 Sep 19, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
You might want to do some research in to that...there is some indication that at one time there was indeed SSM in early history.
Brief excerpt...
" Roman social customs are relatively well known, and same-sex unions existed as high in society as among Roman emperors. Roman statesman Cicero also documented legal rights of an individual within a same-sex marriage. Female same-sex unions seemed to have been less common, but only because women enjoyed less freedom in their economic and social endeavors (Eskridge).
Over time, Rome experienced a similar trajectory as Greece between the early republic and the later empire, and negative attitude toward same-sex unions and non-procreative sexuality increased with the rise of Christianity in the Roman Empire (Pickett). By the fourth century, anxiety toward obviously pervasive same-sex unions reached a peak when the state passed a law promising punishment to anyone entering a same-sex marriage (Eskridge)."
Actually you are using gay twirl history. In your example, Nero was the only emperor who claimed SS marriage. He was mocked by his peers for it. It never was legal in the Roman Empire.

Perhaps you would like to try another example. Greece perhaps?

Smile.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#93056 Sep 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam claims to be a perfection of Jude's /Christian faith. It is within the sacred Bible these qualifications are given.
Are you a person of similar faith?
So the Bible is used to discredit another religion? Do you think that is an unbiased test?

Is it important what faith I am in regard as to the question that I asked?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#93057 Sep 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you are using gay twirl history. In your example, Nero was the only emperor who claimed SS marriage. He was mocked by his peers for it. It never was legal in the Roman Empire.
Perhaps you would like to try another example. Greece perhaps?
Smile.
gay twirl history...Christian hula hoop history...

Thank you for the smile...I am sure that it is meant from the depths of you soul...well...maybe not quite that sincere...but it is a nice smile...well...I have to admit...I didn't see it...oh...okay...I did...you have some spinach stuck to your front tooth...

Location hidden

#93058 Sep 19, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
So the Bible is used to discredit another religion? Do you think that is an unbiased test?
Is it important what faith I am in regard as to the question that I asked?
Belief systems challenge each other. They must the more distinct they are from another.

If you are judging a faith belief system within itself, ie who is an accepted prophet, you must accept the belief.

In this case, Islam comes later and disqualifies the Bible, putting the Quran over it. I simply and accurately note that Mohammad did not meet the qualifications to nullify those faiths by their standards.

If you are not a person of these faiths, why would any of this matter to you?

Location hidden

#93059 Sep 19, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
gay twirl history...Christian hula hoop history...
Thank you for the smile...I am sure that it is meant from the depths of you soul...well...maybe not quite that sincere...but it is a nice smile...well...I have to admit...I didn't see it...oh...okay...I did...you have some spinach stuck to your front tooth...
It appears you have taken gay twirl talking points and assumed they were accurate. To your credit, you did more than just parrot something you heard. However, I would suggest you broaden your sources. Most information and history foes have some bias, Christian included.
I came on here to understand more than one side. It has been very enlightening and sad at the same time.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#93060 Sep 19, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Brief excerpt...
Archeology is not an exact science and subject to interpretation. This is in reference to your cited article which is overall great. They walk across minefields when they write articles like this. There is always a risk of backlash from PC pro homosexual Police.
" Roman social customs are relatively well known, and same-sex unions existed as high in society as among Roman emperors.
They could do whatever they wanted sexually. That was why they were Emperors. One had a man mutilated for the purposes of sodomy because he resembled a female he was obsessed with and was dead. I think it was Caligula. There was brother sister marriage in Egypt. Pederasty in Greece. It is not really good to use the ancients as justification since they were into the sort of practices which are repulsive to most of the moderns. Unless one has a total reprobate mind. Near total i the embracing of homosexuality as normal in the modern mind. It is a giant step backwards.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#93061 Sep 19, 2013
Boring
thehumanhighligh treel

Boston, MA

#93062 Sep 19, 2013
Wow. There is so much BS being thrown around here that I can't even see anyone anymore.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#93063 Sep 19, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Here you can watch your beloved religion in action today: http://www.apostatesofislam.com/media/stoning...
I already answered this; the stoning and even burning people with tyres is more of a cultural thing than religious. Unfortunately some countries in Africa, India & indeed the middle East still practice this kind of vigilante justice. I condemn it, but lets not lose sight of where even Western culture fails people. You are about condemnation of people and bigotry when really all religion has done overall is cause lots of pain. How religion effects people is relative. There are pro's and cons from both, I have mentioned some of those.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#93064 Sep 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Which brings up an interesting point.
While I have a none functioning vagina, you have a pointlessly confused vagina. Now that must be frustrating!!!!
You should probably get a divorce, given that your marriage is now a sterile plural marriage. If you can't breed babies, you're not pleasing in God's eyes.

KiMare

Location hidden
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#93065 Sep 19, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>What's funny is your brain washed inability to reason.
What a coincidence, I would have said the exactly same thing about you!!

Two minds that beat like one?

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#93066 Sep 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What a coincidence, I would have said the exactly same thing about you!!
Two minds that beat like one?
except you see right through your sex obsessed killer that you follow. The great Mo and the Quran that you nuts over if someone burns it.

“Electronic graffiti”

Since: Jun 13

Camp Cove

#93067 Sep 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Which brings up an interesting point.
While I have a none functioning vagina, you have a pointlessly confused vagina. Now that must be frustrating!!!!
That's hillbilly logic.
:D

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#93068 Sep 19, 2013
thehumanhighlightreel wrote:
Wow. There is so much BS being thrown around here that I can't even see anyone anymore.
You got that right.

“Electronic graffiti”

Camp Cove

#93069 Sep 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
01. I said "All but one" of his wives were widows.
The "9 year old" was the "Only virgin" prophet married. She was daughter of his closest friend and first Muslim, the marriage was proposed by the parents of the bride and accepted by the prophet.
There was a "three year gap" between marriage and its consummation,(so that she may reach the age of puberty), there never was any objection from contemporary people of Makkah or Madina or by any one, till the past two centuries, when someone "accidentally" stumbled on "9 years" and now it is World News.
Who benefited from that marriage is to be seen. Just because she became wife of prophet, she became the Biggest Islamic Scholar and best amongst all women of the Islamic nation.
But people like you look only from your own angle and always draw worst possible conclusions.
02. The Coptic girl was a slave , sent by ruler of Egypt to prophet, peace be on him.
03. Who was to hold "prophet's hand" in those days? Did he have any shortage of women, virgin or otherwise?
In Arabian society of those days, there was no restriction on number and age of women people can marry.
That prophet chose "Widows" and many with "issues" from earlier marriages, does not meet your accusations.
But people always draw "worst conclusions" for those whom they want to criticise, so I cannot comment further.
Muhammad's wife was an Islamic scholar? How interesing...

And yet today the Taliban deny girls even a basic education. Things were certainly better back then.

“Electronic graffiti”

Camp Cove

#93070 Sep 20, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Brief excerpt...
Gday Annie.

Homosexual behaviour was much more accepted by the ancients, esp the Greeks. At the least, it was seen as inevitable.

Maybe because they didn't have a holy book condemning it, like the Jews. In fact the head Roman god, Jupiter, was bisexual. His boyfriend was Catamitus, origin of that expression.

I'm not the classical scholar my father was, but I will try.
http://ancienthistory.about.com/cs/sexuality/...
http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/truth-abou...
http://historum.com/ancient-history/2873-were...

They didn't see it as so black and white as we do. There is no Latin word for "homosexual". Some Romans certainly did have relations with men, such as:
Lucius Cornelius Sulla
Julius Caesar (probably)
Hadrian

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in...
This all ended in the Fourth Century, with Christianity. Same sex marriage was banned. "By the end of the 4th century, passive homosexual acts under the Christian Empire were punishable by burning."

So began the long centuries of life in the closet.

Location hidden

#93071 Sep 20, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
That's hillbilly logic.
:D
How so?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Robert F 583,979
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 5 min Good-Evil 3,346
60s Hippy Freaks Ruined America! (Aug '07) 8 min Good-Evil 350
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 20 min sangili karuppan 6,286
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 33 min cheer the f up 121,633
sex (May '13) 1 hr sameer 149
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 2 hr thetruth 9,308
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Blagoja 828,231
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr truth 611,844
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr gundee123 442,815
More from around the web