Yes

No

EXPERT

Redding, CA

#92385 Sep 4, 2013
Toby wrote:
The book of Wampuscat
Chapter one and verse one
1:1 And Wampuscat being a lonely Wampuscat created the Universe, before the Universe there was nothing that existed but Wampuscat. For over ten trillion years Wampuscat could only engage in soliloquy, and one day Wampuscat said," I will create something that is not just Wampuscat, I know, I will create a Universe".
So what are the attributes of this creator?
Toby

Portland, OR

#92386 Sep 4, 2013
I started out saying the Bible was replete with many examples of polygamy, it was polygamous, but specifically for men to have more than one wife is polygyny. There is a list of 13 Biblical patriarchs who were polygamous, I'm not sure what the plural is for polygyny.
Toby

Portland, OR

#92387 Sep 4, 2013
Abraham, had two wives and what was known as concubines, not sure how many concubines though. Abraham was the second polygamist mentioned in the Bible, Lamech was the firs polygamist mentioned in Genesis.
Toby

Portland, OR

#92388 Sep 4, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>So what are the attributes of this creator?
Wampuscat has no discernable physical attributes, wampuscat is everything.
Toby

Portland, OR

#92389 Sep 4, 2013
Wampuscat has a secret name that only the celestial wampuscat beings know.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#92390 Sep 4, 2013
Toby wrote:
<quoted text>
Being made of spiritual matter, Wampuscat has no physical attributes, Wampuscat can be about anything and everything if Wampuscat chooses to materialize.
I didn't limit you to physical attributes...any would be fine...

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#92391 Sep 4, 2013
Toby wrote:
There are many examples of Polygamy in the Old Testament, including one of Gods supposed favorites, King Solomon. Many of the biblical patriarchs were polygamous and where does the Biblical God condemn Polygamy?
The Bible notes many behaviors that are clearly wrong.

Every single example of polygamy in the Bible is negative.

The Bible consistently states marriage is a man and woman.
Toby

Portland, OR

#92392 Sep 4, 2013
Wampuscat is revealing this astonishing account of the creation of the Universe to me. I will begin to put it to paper very soon and mankind will know the truth.
Toby

Portland, OR

#92393 Sep 4, 2013
As of positive characteristical traits, Wampuscat has many. Wampuscat is honest, sincere, has a great sense of humor, and is not a jealous wampuscat.
Toby

Portland, OR

#92394 Sep 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
BS, total BS, there is very few negative connotations when polygamy is mentioned. When Lamech was mentioned as having two wives (the first polygamy mentioned in the bible) there was no condemnation of it, nothing negative at all.

Location hidden

#92395 Sep 4, 2013
Toby wrote:
Wampuscat is revealing this astonishing account of the creation of the Universe to me. I will begin to put it to paper very soon and mankind will know the truth.
I find it interesting that the big bang is noted in Genesis 1:1.

That life was created from the earth.

That the earliest human life is portrayed as genderless.

And marriage reunites a male and female back to the genderless being.
Toby

Portland, OR

#92396 Sep 4, 2013
When polygamy is first mentioned in Genesis chapter four what would have been very easy for any God to do would be to have immediately commanded that polygamy was wrong, or sky-God could have had just a little obviation with Adam and Eve after they became mortal and commanded them that all polygamy was wrong, but Sky-God didn't did he?

The story of Adam and Eve is an allegorical story anyway , the bible is an allegorical book, so to interpret it as factual and not partially fictional is a mistake itself.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#92397 Sep 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Judaism is not polygamous.
Um sweetie, the Torah doesn't forbid polygamy and in the case of levirate marriages, commands it. Of the four major Jewish sects, the Ashkenazim, Sephardi, Mizrahi and Yemenites, only the Ashkenazim have formally banned the practice and they only did so about 1000 years ago, the Sephardi and Mizrahi have a de facto ban only because most of them now live in countries where the practice is banned by the government, the Yemenite community, which still exists in a number of Arab countries still practices it.

this one

#92398 Sep 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
I thought you had read the Bible. Abraham, David, Jacob and Solomon all had multiple wives and Deuteronomy 25:5-10 says that men are to marry their brother's widow.

Location hidden

#92399 Sep 4, 2013
Toby wrote:
<quoted text>
BS, total BS, there is very few negative connotations when polygamy is mentioned. When Lamech was mentioned as having two wives (the first polygamy mentioned in the bible) there was no condemnation of it, nothing negative at all.
Did you know that our English word lament comes from Lamech?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamech

"Interpretation

When fully translated, the text has a strong resemblance simply to a basic mythology concerning the origin of the various forms of civilisation, the shepherds and musicians being products of the day, and pleasure being a product of the night. Blacksmiths, in carrying out their trade, are also associated with the darkness. Thus, in a sense, Lamech could be interpreted as a culture hero. Some of the names also appear to demonstrate punning - Jabal, Jubal, and Tubal rhyme, and appear to be derived from the same root - JBL (YVL in modern Hebrew): to bring forth,(also) to carry. A similar description existed amongst Phoenicians.

The names are instead interpreted in the Midrash as an attack on polygamy. Adah is there interpreted as the deposed one, implying that Lamech spurned her in favour of Zillah, whose own name is understood to mean she shaded herself [from Zillah at Lamech's side]. The Midrash consequently regards Adah as having been treated as a slave, tyrannised by her husband, who was at the beck and call of his mistress, Zillah. It further goes on to claim that part of the immorality, which had led God to flood the earth, was the polygamy practised by Lamech and his generation.

The rabbinical tradition is just as condemning of Naamah. While a minority, such as Abba ben Kahana, see Naamah as having become Noah's wife, and being so named because her conduct was pleasing to God, the majority of classical rabbinical sources consider her name to be due to her singing pleasant songs in worship of idols."
Toby

Portland, OR

#92400 Sep 4, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Um sweetie, the Torah doesn't forbid polygamy and in the case of levirate marriages, commands it. Of the four major Jewish sects, the Ashkenazim, Sephardi, Mizrahi and Yemenites, only the Ashkenazim have formally banned the practice and they only did so about 1000 years ago, the Sephardi and Mizrahi have a de facto ban only because most of them now live in countries where the practice is banned by the government, the Yemenite community, which still exists in a number of Arab countries still practices it.
Excellent information,I have never done that much research on it, but I do know that the Pentateuch(the first five Books of the bible) even provide rules to men who take multiple wives.
Toby

Portland, OR

#92401 Sep 4, 2013
Didn't Moses have two wives himself, and Didn't King David have five wives and concubines , not to mention King Solomon.

Location hidden

#92402 Sep 4, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Um sweetie, the Torah doesn't forbid polygamy and in the case of levirate marriages, commands it. Of the four major Jewish sects, the Ashkenazim, Sephardi, Mizrahi and Yemenites, only the Ashkenazim have formally banned the practice and they only did so about 1000 years ago, the Sephardi and Mizrahi have a de facto ban only because most of them now live in countries where the practice is banned by the government, the Yemenite community, which still exists in a number of Arab countries still practices it.
Ah, Tricky dicky Ricky,

I care not where someone goes, the ultimate source is what matters.

The standard is set, and consistently repeated.

That is why gays are desperate to either discount the Bible, or distort what it says. Not just about marriage, but about gay sex.
Toby

Portland, OR

#92403 Sep 4, 2013
Exodus 21 :10 If he marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights.

I believe that is instructions for polygamous marriages

this one

#92404 Sep 4, 2013
Toby wrote:
Excellent information,I have never done that much research on it, but I do know that the Pentateuch(the first five Books of the bible) even provide rules to men who take multiple wives.
According to Deuteronomy, if your brother dies, you are to marry his widow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 18 min Neville Thompson 281,222
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 18 min Inspector2 618,610
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min Rosesz 646,334
Important Information Leak, It's Sick & Twisted 30 min Its a LONGstory 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 31 min lightbeamrider 47,919
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 50 min Truthiness 11
dried poppy pods (Mar '13) 2 hr BobbyReal 32
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr River Tam 971,569
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 12 hr oneear69 38,711
More from around the web