created by: Travis Morgan | Oct 27, 2007

Top Stories

53,331 votes

Is homosexuality a sin?

Click on an option to vote

  • Yes
  • No

Comments (Page 4,125)

Showing posts 82,481 - 82,500 of89,581
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91456
Aug 10, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

2

mandingowillsay wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is Roman Catholicism synonymous with child abuse. Why is the cult of Christianity the only cult that blatantly engages in the abuse of small boys?
In the USA alone there were 3000 prosecutions against frocked men; (priests).
In just one year; (2003), the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston settled a large case for $85 million with 552 victims.
Even your frigging pope of all people tried to protect the cult of Christendom from prosecution for sexual abuse of children. Do you want me to speak about the 5000 cases in Ireland? Take any country you like and I'll give you the figures. Do you know the inner workings of the average or most cults? They are known for abusing children.
The church is also known for working hand in hand with colonials. and never forget how the church supported Nazism. Your bigotry is just an extension of what Christians have always done. You are so blind you can't even see your own bigotry against non-Christians.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_sex_abu...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_...
Like I told you before you will lose this debate I know about Christianity than you ever will.
I know your figures are way too high, given that there are over 40,000 priests in the US and 400,000 in the world. Less than 1/2 of 1% have ever been charged with a crime, which is comparable to or less than clergy in other churches, much less than among teachers and coaches, and not even in the same league as abuse within families.

Look up how many School Teachers have done the same and then ask why that is not a bigger news story!

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91457
Aug 10, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

mandingowillsay wrote:
<quoted text>
A few catholic priests!!!!? Are you insane? 3000 separate prosecutions in the USA alone is a tiny mount?
And why are you posing links about Al Qaeda? Only a moron wouldn't know Al Qaeda was created by the USA! Like I said Christian countries commit the most abuse not Islamic states.
Here it is from the horses mouth in case you try and deny this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
This terrorist cell was the same armed/funded and founded unit that the USA used to topple Saddam Hussein and is not trying to use in Syria.
You are a blinded, brainwashed, racist xenophobic Christian. You are all the same. Your cult has blinded you to the truth.
The church does nothing but help maintain inequality.
Please post your evidence that 9 out of 10 atrocities are perpetrated by Christians. we are all waiting.....waiting.....waitin g.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91458
Aug 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>some Jews did, but not as a large group, your point is meaningless.
Shut up and stop trying to revise history. Semite Jews all fought alongside Muslims, they were against invading European christians. Provide proof for what you say you pathetic little history revisionist liar. As a group Jews,(and these were real Jews) not racist European converts claiming to be real Semite Jews and who have changed Judaism into some sort of master race hypothesis.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91459
Aug 10, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

mandingowillsay wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is Roman Catholicism synonymous with child abuse. Why is the cult of Christianity the only cult that blatantly engages in the abuse of small boys?
In the USA alone there were 3000 prosecutions against frocked men; (priests).
In just one year; (2003), the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston settled a large case for $85 million with 552 victims.
Even your frigging pope of all people tried to protect the cult of Christendom from prosecution for sexual abuse of children. Do you want me to speak about the 5000 cases in Ireland? Take any country you like and I'll give you the figures. Do you know the inner workings of the average or most cults? They are known for abusing children.
The church is also known for working hand in hand with colonials. and never forget how the church supported Nazism. Your bigotry is just an extension of what Christians have always done. You are so blind you can't even see your own bigotry against non-Christians.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_sex_abu...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_...
Like I told you before you will lose this debate I know about Christianity than you ever will.
Being a Christian is an individual decision, nothing to do with a church. No Christian follows a church.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91460
Aug 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Being a Christian is an individual decision, nothing to do with a church. No Christian follows a church.
I don't even expect you to understand that this comment completely proves exactly what I have been saying. Christians whether autonomously or as a united force have committed more atrocities than anyone on the planet today. And the foundation of the church is a cult so I'm not surprised.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91461
Aug 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text> I know your figures are way too high, given that there are over 40,000 priests in the US and 400,000 in the world. Less than 1/2 of 1% have ever been charged with a crime, which is comparable to or less than clergy in other churches, much less than among teachers and coaches, and not even in the same league as abuse within families.
Look up how many School Teachers have done the same and then ask why that is not a bigger news story!
You took the words out of my mouth...

The question I always have, is why does a legitimate cause need hate, deceit and distortion for support? I don't expect an answer for that question either.

Oh, and the site I posted has nothing to do with Al Qaeda, it is the Muslim religious 'holiday' of Ramadan.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91462
Aug 10, 2013
 
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text> I know your figures are way too high, given that there are over 40,000 priests in the US and 400,000 in the world. Less than 1/2 of 1% have ever been charged with a crime, which is comparable to or less than clergy in other churches, much less than among teachers and coaches, and not even in the same league as abuse within families.
Look up how many School Teachers have done the same and then ask why that is not a bigger news story!
So you have nothing to say about the former pope trying to shield paedophile priests from prosecution for crimes against small children?

You really don't think that no legit and credible institution would do that? Or do you think it is just about the actual? Why do you think people are so outraged?

You are being silly, you are in fact in denial.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91463
Aug 10, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You took the words out of my mouth...
The question I always have, is why does a legitimate cause need hate, deceit and distortion for support? I don't expect an answer for that question either.
Oh, and the site I posted has nothing to do with Al Qaeda, it is the Muslim religious 'holiday' of Ramadan.
You know you've been beaten, quit while you are behind.
thehumanhighligh treel

Woonsocket, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91465
Aug 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So adult incest is okay?
The relationship between a boss and a employee is the same as marriage?
If it is consensual. Yes.

Let me also say that I personally would not engage in incest with any family member. However, it is not my right to force any sexual guidelines on another person. I can simply try to educate them on risks of inbreeding; and those risks aren't as massive as one might think.

Shocked by this answer? Don't be. I don't condone generational inbreeding. However, the child of incest is actually most likely to have a 96% chance to come out a healthy child. Only 2% less of that of an unrelated couple.

And a boss and a employee? If it is consensual, it's cool. But, err, if they're not married it can't be classified as marriage. That's a weird logical leap you just took there. If a boss and employee get married, well then, yes, by definition that would be the same as marriage because they are married.

All in all, we should be staying out of peoples' bedrooms. The only thing we should be going after in terms of sexual intercourse is rape.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91466
Aug 10, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

thehumanhighlightreel wrote:
<quoted text>
If it is consensual. Yes.
Let me also say that I personally would not engage in incest with any family member. However, it is not my right to force any sexual guidelines on another person. I can simply try to educate them on risks of inbreeding; and those risks aren't as massive as one might think.
Shocked by this answer? Don't be. I don't condone generational inbreeding. However, the child of incest is actually most likely to have a 96% chance to come out a healthy child. Only 2% less of that of an unrelated couple.
And a boss and a employee? If it is consensual, it's cool. But, err, if they're not married it can't be classified as marriage. That's a weird logical leap you just took there. If a boss and employee get married, well then, yes, by definition that would be the same as marriage because they are married.
All in all, we should be staying out of peoples' bedrooms. The only thing we should be going after in terms of sexual intercourse is rape.
I'm never shocked where perversion stops (it doesn't).

However, you just judged a relationship as distinct and not equal.

You clearly don't believe your own claim. You just want to apply an arbitrary exception to marriage.

Clearly not legit.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91467
Aug 10, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

mandingowillsay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't even expect you to understand that this comment completely proves exactly what I have been saying. Christians whether autonomously or as a united force have committed more atrocities than anyone on the planet today. And the foundation of the church is a cult so I'm not surprised.
Please post your evidence that 9 out of 10 atrocities are perpetrated by Christians. we are all waiting.....waiting.....waitin g. waiting.....waiting.....waitin g.waiting.....waiting.....wait ing.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91468
Aug 10, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

mandingowillsay wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have nothing to say about the former pope trying to shield paedophile priests from prosecution for crimes against small children?
You really don't think that no legit and credible institution would do that? Or do you think it is just about the actual? Why do you think people are so outraged?
You are being silly, you are in fact in denial.
YES I do. All pedophiles are sick should be prosecuted to the max. Happy now? now let's see the link that backs up your mouth, where is it? That 9 out of 10 Christians.....Did you make that up? WHy do you lie so much?
thehumanhighligh treel

Woonsocket, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91469
Aug 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm never shocked where perversion stops (it doesn't).
However, you just judged a relationship as distinct and not equal.
You clearly don't believe your own claim. You just want to apply an arbitrary exception to marriage.
Clearly not legit.
And here is weird logical leap number two.

Under current law, we have marriage laws. And with marriage laws, there are marriage rights. Therefore, if you are married you are guaranteed these rights. At least, you should be guaranteed said rights.

If you aren't married, you don't qualify for marriage rights under our current laws. That should be fairly simple to understand.

So. I still do believe my claim.
thehumanhighligh treel

Woonsocket, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91470
Aug 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Now, if you were to ask me whether a married couple should have more rights than an unmarried couple living together; or a civil union. That is when you'd have an interesting discussion.

Should marriage even be something defined within our legal system? Should marriage be abolished. Of course, marriage can still happen. But, is marriage supposed to be legal, or is it supposed to be a symbolic union between two or more loving people?

Tough to tell. It would be a discussion worth having though.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91471
Aug 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

thehumanhighlightreel wrote:
<quoted text>
And here is weird logical leap number two.
Under current law, we have marriage laws. And with marriage laws, there are marriage rights. Therefore, if you are married you are guaranteed these rights. At least, you should be guaranteed said rights.
If you aren't married, you don't qualify for marriage rights under our current laws. That should be fairly simple to understand.
So. I still do believe my claim.
You said all relationships have equal rights.

Then you preceded to distinguish relational rights.

That is my point. Marriage defines a distinct relationship that is limited by evolutionary biology and confirmed by incredibly consistent historical precedence.

Calling ss couples married is no different than calling the tail on a dog a leg.

The weird logic leap is all yours friend.
thehumanhighligh treel

Woonsocket, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91472
Aug 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Also. Who cares what you or my sexual "perversions" are. I prefer to call them kinks and interests. As long as we are not taking advantage of a defenseless person, hurting them, or pretty much doing something against the other person's will then I really don't care. My business is not and should never involve another person's love life unless they want to tell me the details themselves.

You said perversions don't stop. Well... You are referring to incest as a perversion and I personally don't take part in incest and never will. So, where does my perversion stop? In your beliefs, that can't be my perversion since I don't have it or want to take part of it. I'm also heterosexual as I've told you before and don't have any desire at all to take part in a homosexual relationship. This does not mean I would not permit it for others, because others have different desires, interests and kinks that they either develop or are born with.

As long as everything is consensual, who cares?
thehumanhighligh treel

Woonsocket, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91473
Aug 10, 2013
 
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You said all relationships have equal rights.
Then you preceded to distinguish relational rights.
That is my point. Marriage defines a distinct relationship that is limited by evolutionary biology and confirmed by incredibly consistent historical precedence.
Calling ss couples married is no different than calling the tail on a dog a leg.
The weird logic leap is all yours friend.
Well. We were originally talking about marriage rights. So, I believe if you are a relationship that gets married. You should have equal rights with any other married relationship regardless of number of people involved or their sexuality.

If you are unmarried, you don't have rights that a married couple do. So, if you want those benefits, get married. No one forces you to get married or not get married. Unfortunately, some people seem to think it is wise to deny a different kind of relationship those marriage rights if they were to get married.

Personally, I think all relationships are equal. Does that mean they should all get the same legal recognition marriage has? No. If we are going to have these laws, then they aren't married. But they can be if they want to be. The option is open. It should be open to all relationships.

This is also where, abolishing marriage as a legal union might be kinda helpful. It might be the most intelligent decision to just keep marriage out of our legal system. Civil unions would take its place in the legal system so all relationships could receive equal rights. Plus, these couples can also have a marriage ceremony outside of their civil union as well. There are church institutions that will marry two people despite being apart of the community or not being apart of it.

Seems like a much more painless solution to me.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91474
Aug 10, 2013
 
thehumanhighlightreel wrote:
<quoted text>
Well. We were originally talking about marriage rights. So, I believe if you are a relationship that gets married. You should have equal rights with any other married relationship regardless of number of people involved or their sexuality.
If you are unmarried, you don't have rights that a married couple do. So, if you want those benefits, get married. No one forces you to get married or not get married. Unfortunately, some people seem to think it is wise to deny a different kind of relationship those marriage rights if they were to get married.
Personally, I think all relationships are equal. Does that mean they should all get the same legal recognition marriage has? No. If we are going to have these laws, then they aren't married. But they can be if they want to be. The option is open. It should be open to all relationships.
This is also where, abolishing marriage as a legal union might be kinda helpful. It might be the most intelligent decision to just keep marriage out of our legal system. Civil unions would take its place in the legal system so all relationships could receive equal rights. Plus, these couples can also have a marriage ceremony outside of their civil union as well. There are church institutions that will marry two people despite being apart of the community or not being apart of it.
Seems like a much more painless solution to me.
Words define reality.

When we mis-define reality, problems occur.

Mis-defining marriage would create a serious problem.

Not all relationships deserve the same rights. Let other relationships get their own name and their own rights.

That's the right thing to do.
thehumanhighligh treel

Woonsocket, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91475
Aug 10, 2013
 
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Words define reality.
When we mis-define reality, problems occur.
Mis-defining marriage would create a serious problem.
Not all relationships deserve the same rights. Let other relationships get their own name and their own rights.
That's the right thing to do.
How do we define reality with words? Do our words actually mean anything to the reality of our existence? After all, reality came before our existence. Words are something we just created with our minds. Whether they are true or not is questionable. So, in the end; what you believe is up to you. You should grant every other individual person the same freedom of choosing what they believe.

Lol. Hate to get philosophical on you like that. But, on a more serious note, definitions change all the time. We wouldn't be re-defining marriage at all. Because marriage first came from religious institutions, then it isn't right to have them within our legal system because we are supposed to have separation of church and state. Thus, civil unions being available instead of marriage makes sense. People who want to be married can still get married, there just wouldn't be any extra rights granted to it from our legal system.

This way, we all win.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Feb 13

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91476
Aug 10, 2013
 
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Words define reality.
When we mis-define reality, problems occur.
Mis-defining marriage would create a serious problem.
Not all relationships deserve the same rights. Let other relationships get their own name and their own rights.
That's the right thing to do.
You've finally boiled it down to ONE word (as you've done previously on other threads). Marriage. You just want to claim the word marriage with your 5 nipples, two vaginas, one micro-penis and a schizophrenic alter ego between the two of you.

Separate, but equal, has NEVER been equal. Never.

We already have SSM, so your pursuit of another name for it is a day late and many dollars short.

You lost, just I told you would happen two years ago. But no, to your credit, you keep fighting the good fight.

SSM is here to stay. It has been established, you've lost nothing (but claim to a word) and the world hasn't stopped revolving around the sun.

Deal. With. It.

Troll on, Hunty.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 82,481 - 82,500 of89,581
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

571 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min RiversideRedneck 680,471
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min VIKING WARRIOR 596,577
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min Go Le Gay Levi GO 109,674
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min truth 512,217
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 6 min NUTS AMERICA 37,869
Why do white men marry Chinese women? (Jul '08) 28 min chinese lady 780
Pascoe Law Firm 30 min pascoej 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 34 min No Shiite 217,093
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 3 hr ryanm654321 258
•••
•••
•••