Created by Travis Morgan on Oct 27, 2007

59,181 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Since: May 13

Reseda, CA

#89458 May 29, 2013
I personally am not huge on religion. So to call it a sin would be implying that I believe in God. To be honest (and I know I will be bashed for this), I believe homosexuality is wrong. But just because I believe so, does that mean it should not be allowed? Of course not. I don't like Lebron James either and he sure as hell couldn't give two shits. My one annoyance with this topic is that people say "homophobes" are closed minded people and attack every aspect of what their opinion is and its the EXACT same thing that homosexuals are fighting for (freedom rights). So does anybody else smell the hypocrisy?

“"Not all who wander are lost."”

Since: Mar 10

[email protected]

#89460 May 29, 2013
theZee wrote:
I personally am not huge on religion. So to call it a sin would be implying that I believe in God. To be honest (and I know I will be bashed for this), I believe homosexuality is wrong. But just because I believe so, does that mean it should not be allowed? Of course not. I don't like Lebron James either and he sure as hell couldn't give two shits. My one annoyance with this topic is that people say "homophobes" are closed minded people and attack every aspect of what their opinion is and its the EXACT same thing that homosexuals are fighting for (freedom rights). So does anybody else smell the hypocrisy?
On what, if not religion, do you base your assertion that "homosexuality is wrong?"

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#89461 May 29, 2013
theZee wrote:
since you think homosexuality should not be allowed, I do believe that removes you from the Homophobe category. My definition of a homophobe is one that wants to deny the rights and privileges that American heterosexuals enjoy. People who want to discriminate against homosexuals are generally considered homophobes

[email protected]

#89463 May 29, 2013
theZee wrote:
I agree with you that "sin" is a purely religious construct and that, as such, the title of this thread presumes a universal adherence to religion. What so many people have trouble understanding is that there is no shortage of people for whom the word "sin" is meaningless. Technically, I suppose nobody but those who believe in "sin" should have ever posted here and further that everyone who does believe in "sin" and posts here should have answered with a resounding "YES!" But those of us who do not believe in "sin", who are unable to believe as the believers in the Abrahamic "God" do just couldn't resist throwing down and questioning that is isn't supposed to be questioned.

[email protected]

#89464 May 29, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
since you think homosexuality should not be allowed, I do believe that removes you from the Homophobe category. My definition of a homophobe is one that wants to deny the rights and privileges that American heterosexuals enjoy. People who want to discriminate against homosexuals are generally considered homophobes
I think you may have misread "But just because I believe so, does that mean it should not be allowed?" He was not saying homosexuality should not be allowed, at least I didn't read it that way.

Since: Sep 12

#89465 May 29, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text> I have a real life that can keep me from this little corner of the world and all my loyal admirers for days, weeks and even months at a time.
Gloop!

You practically live here. Without this site to rant at you have nobody in the world to talk to. Nobody you aren't afraid to talk to in person at least. That's why you stalk Adam. That's why you can't quit him, because he is the only one you think cares what you say.

Only he doesn't. You come in vain.

“Like an actor for rent”

Since: Sep 12

Candler NC, I'm Phil's "wife"

#89466 May 29, 2013
Trickie Rickie wrote:
For those wondering why Rick in Kansas is always using terms like Sweetie and Sugar and Cupcake .......
The answer is in today's paper:
http://tinyurl.com/RickiesLesson
I love the cartoon!
Very clever.
That's our Rickie

[email protected]

#89467 May 29, 2013
Adam wrote:
@Gay agenda
Romans 1.26-27
For this reason God gave them up to degrading passions. Their women exchanged natural intercourse for unnatural, and in the same way also the men, giving up natural intercourse with women, were consumed with passion for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in their own persons the due penalty for their perversion.
I'm sure there must be a point to your quoting of the version of the Bible you seem to like best, but what that point might be is a mystery to me.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#89469 May 29, 2013
MirthMenace wrote:
<quoted text>This does nothing to support your claim that "I am still paying for asinine homosexual promiscuity that brought on the AIDS epidemic, not to mention countless other STD's that innocent people bear the brunt of." Please provide a credible citation to support your assertion that "asinine homosexual promiscuity" "brought on the AIDS epidemic not to mention countless other STD's that innocent people bear the brunt of."
Of course it supports my claim. I live a moral life. I pay for other people's immorality. I only noted the cost of HIV/AIDS that innocent people bear.

You are pretending to be ignorant of the gay part in that. I suspect you are not. But to satisfy your denial of gay promiscuity, here is another article that addresses not just the US, but a pattern that currently exists around the world;

http://healthland.time.com/2012/07/20/hiv-con... -
to-spread-among-gay-men-studie s-show/

Location hidden

#89470 May 29, 2013
MirthMenace wrote:
<quoted text>On what, if not religion, do you base your assertion that "homosexuality is wrong?"
I think the better question is, what causes homosexuality?

That has not been clearly answered yet, which presents a quandary for scientists. They are stuck with the only evidence of it being a evolutionary defect of mating behavior. Why would a butch lesbian (almost a man), dress and act like a man to attract another lesbian (who almost wants a man, but not quite)? It is a fruitless exercise of mating behavior.

It appears that the most likely explanation for homosexuality will quickly come from epi-genetics (an epi-marker mistake). In essence, a sexual defect.

All of this fits perfectly into the sense of every culture in history that recognizes homosexuality as a defect of nature. It fits into the violation of design that is inherent in gay sex. A pointless, harmful duplication of sexual organs.

The moral aspect come in two forms;

-Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning. It violates the most basic morality of 'do no harm'.

-The demand for everyone to accept homosexuality as normal sexual behavior.

Having said all this, none of this excuses discarding homosexuals as worthless or less than human. I think it is an extremely difficult burden to bear. But as with any difficulty, the only good prescription is an honest and full diagnosis.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#89471 May 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
(see above, if you feel the need)
Your deliberate inability to figure out why someone would want to live out their lives openly, honestly and hopefully happily, as the homosexual that the good Lord made them, should be nobody's problem but your own. Whatever the reason we are here, we are here and deserve ALL the rights of our fellow man, whether you agree or not.

Location hidden

#89472 May 29, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Your deliberate inability to figure out why someone would want to live out their lives openly, honestly and hopefully happily, as the homosexual that the good Lord made them, should be nobody's problem but your own. Whatever the reason we are here, we are here and deserve ALL the rights of our fellow man, whether you agree or not.
I deny no one any such openness. In fact my post expressly encourages that honesty.

Nor do I deny anyone legitimate rights.

As to God's creation, your denial avoids the fall and the clear evidence of such, including you and me.

this one

#89474 May 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
I deny no one any such openness. In fact my post expressly encourages that honesty.
Nor do I deny anyone legitimate rights.
As to God's creation, your denial avoids the fall and the clear evidence of such, including you and me.
Sweetie, you view us as inferior models of the species, but if you are meant as our proof of the natural superiority of the heterosexual....

The right to marry is one of those legitimate rights dear, yet you seek to deny us that right because you are worried that heterosexuals might get confused and stop being heterosexual or something and you have issues with what you fantasize our sex lives to be.

As to our creation, you yourself blame biological and epi-genetic factors, clearly that would put our being gay in God's hands now wouldn't it?

this one

#89475 May 29, 2013
Adolf sweetie, I'm aware of those two verses, I've heard them many times before. My question to you is, can you actually fake having a clue as to knowing why Paul said what he said?

Location hidden

#89477 May 29, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Sweetie, you view us as inferior models of the species, but if you are meant as our proof of the natural superiority of the heterosexual....
The right to marry is one of those legitimate rights dear, yet you seek to deny us that right because you are worried that heterosexuals might get confused and stop being heterosexual or something and you have issues with what you fantasize our sex lives to be.
As to our creation, you yourself blame biological and epi-genetic factors, clearly that would put our being gay in God's hands now wouldn't it?
There is nothing you just said that is based in truth and reality.

this one

#89479 May 29, 2013
Adam wrote:
He was refering this two verses to the sodomites and lesbians confirming their sin of homosexuality which has been mentioned in the OT before.
Adolf bunny, you might have had a chance if you had bothered to actually read the book. The answer to my question is, no, you can't fake having a clue. Dear, the sin that the Christians of Rome were accused of by Paul was idolatry, he said, for that sin, God gave them up to a whole laundry list of behaviors of which he, Paul, did not approve, the first being the whole same sex sex thingy. If you had bothered to read AFTER those verses, you'd find no wrath of God for their supposedly sinful actions, because those actions were God's doing, moron.

this one

#89480 May 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
There is nothing you just said that is based in truth and reality.
Considering what you imagine to be truth and reality, I'm not surprised by your pronouncements from up on high, but what you think to be truth and reality isn't normally confused with either truth or reality by most folk in their right mind.

this one

#89481 May 29, 2013
Adam wrote:
@Rick In Kansas
Almighty,eternal God is a H-O-L-Y God. Do you understand that??? God does not "create" people "gay". If you are looking for someone to blame, don't blame God. You are just wasting your time and energy. God wants to deliver you, free you from the evil perverted spirit known as homosexuality.
Adolf, bunny, God wants me to tell you, He isn't real sure who you are talking to or speaking for, but He does know, it isn't Him.
Says It All

Santa Cruz, CA

#89482 May 29, 2013
Is homosexuality a sin?
No 26,021 65%
Yes 13,586 34%
Current Total 39,607
Confy

Ashburn, VA

#89483 May 29, 2013
lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min karl44 37,617
Play "end of the word" part 2 23 min Al Capone 1,704
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 35 min AussieBobby 44,274
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 55 min Catholic24 641,132
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 58 min Paul is dead 4,053
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr hopelost 618,329
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr USA-1 38,323
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr who 280,858
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Aussie Kev 969,859
More from around the web