Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

raises eyebrows wrote:
<quoted text>
This is nonsense; there is no science showing homosexuality is something one is born with. And yes, people do have control over whether they choose to express their sexuality in normal heterosexuality or a deviant way.
You didn't respond to what I posted. Its obvious everyone has their own opinions. The thread asks if its a sin; that's no a matter of opinion; but a matter of what the religions say about it. The religions say its a sin. But of course you can post whatever opinion you wish. It just doesn't really answer the thread's question honestly.
And no, its stupid to think all life thousands of years ago had to be ignorant. Have you never heard of King Minos, Crete? His kingdom was very modern with running water, hot and cold, etc. That was about the same as Biblical timing, dude. I get tired of people who don't study for themselves; but just regurgitate the status quo. I know its heady and prideful, makes one feel on top to think all those in the past were ignorant cave men, etc. But I'm more of a truth seeker.
King Minos of Crete was, of course, from Greek mythology. But yes some ancient cultures did have a form of running water, but it is highly unlikely those in the areas of which the writers of the Bible lived, had running water (speaking of the Jews, not the Greeks). Besides most of what modern man knows today is more than 50%(likely a lot higher, but I am being careful not to exaggerate) of all the knowledge that man has had through history, which has only been discovered in the past century or less.

One would have to know which religion one is referring to in order to determine whether something is a sin based on religion. Religions are all based on man's inventions of years ago, for whatever reason, often to try to explain what was totally a mystery to them, sometimes just to control others, sometimes honestly believing in deities, which seems to still be the case with a large number of the world's inhabitants, even though no deity has ever been proved to exist by any man, and that proof tested and accepted as truth.

Those who follow various religions today still have their deities, based only on 'belief that they exist' not knowledge that they exist.

I am wondering where you are getting your information about homosexuality, but the accepted understanding of homosexuality in the medical and scientific community today is that it is something that a person is born with.

There are exceptional cases, of course, that heterosexuals might engage in homosexual activities, but they are not inherently homosexuals, but have adopted that lifestyle for various reasons, even something very traumatic in their life. There are some people who are 100% heterosexual, but never have homosexual behavior, but do have what we would consider deviant sexual behavior, such as pedophiles, exhibitionists, rapists, etc.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Jo-cat wrote:
People going on about the Bible really need to remember a few things. One being that in those days people didn't know about sperm and egg cells, they thought everything required for a potential human baby was in the semen. So gay sex would 'waste' the semen because in their eyes that was a potential baby not being given a chance because it wasn't ejaculated into a woman. That's why the Bible also said not to masterbate, saying its a sin to spill your seed upon the ground.
So instead of assuming God has something against two people sharing their love for each other who happen to be of the same sex, think about the evidence you are using. If every ejaculate was a potential life, maybe it would be sinful to have any sex that wasn't penis to vagina but don't let an ancient scientific misconception lead you to be hostile or unaccepting of something that really shouldn't be a big deal.
Some people are gay, so what?
Very true. If they had realized that every time a man ejaculated into a woman, even if he got her pregnant, he was also killing billions of sperms cells that potentially could have been used the fertilize the egg, but are wasted, because only one sperm cell is required to fertilize an egg. Most of us men had killed trillions of potential lives using that kind of mentality.

Then there is the sin of the women, who have ovulated, usually every 28 days or so, and the majority of those eggs died too, as many were not even given the opportunity to be fertilized because the woman didn't rush out to find some man to fertilize them every month, or they did, but the pregnancy didn't happen.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
Don't be STOOPID,Rick. Won't be no homosexuality in heaven.
Sweetie, you were the one who said that a reason why I should repent is that there is no homosexuality in Hell, not me. If, as you are now claiming, there ain't no homosexuality in heaven either, wouldn't that make it morally neutral? Limbo anyone?

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Adam wrote:
The paradise will be empty from homosexuals.There will be no homosexuals in paradise nor will there be any homosexual activities. God knows best.
Adolf, bunny of Christ/Mohammed, what you fail to grasp, is that an eternity spent empty of good Christians/Muslims such as yourself, is a more preferable as a paradise than your alternative, lake of fire or no.

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Adolf, it don't matter what the name of the place actually is, without you, it would be paradise.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
1. Homosexuality is a Sin from religious point of view (It is immaterial to which religion you follow, they all condemn homosexuality, it is strange unanimity between different religions).
I guess I am not with it, but your message is not clear to me, especially as it contained some incorrect, and wrong ideas.

It is irrelevant that homosexuality has been considered wrong, or discriminated against, by humans in general, which is likely the case, however humans also demonized lepers, mentally challenged, slaves, and many other things which are considered quite normal nowadays, or even are not accepted nowadays, such as slaves.

It is irrelevant what religions have believed and preached about homosexuality, because their beliefs have nothing to do with the reality of what being homosexual really means, nor are they anything but reflecting the "morals" of the people who wrote the laws of those religions when they were developed by humans.

Yes, some diseases are spread more easily through some sexual activities of gay people, but they are also spread by sexual activities of heterosexual people too, and all contagious diseases are spread by contact with other living creatures, often other humans, who have those diseases, or carry the pathogens that cause those diseases, so the frequency of contact with other humans will affect how often people or how many people acquire those diseases.

AIDS is a disease that was only identified and made public in the 1980s and at that time it was claimed to be associated with homosexual men, because it was appearing more frequently in that population, and so it became a tool used again homosexuality.

We now know that AIDS has killed a large number of young adults in some countries in Africa who are not gay, but are married and have children, because the disease has spread rampantly by heterosexual sex, and in many cases heterosexual sex with many people. When one person has the pathogen, then all people who contact that person sexually, or who contact others who have contacted that person sexually will have a chance of getting that disease too.

Because most of the western societies, and even China, now do not have a birth rate high enough (China may still have but their one child policy is counter to that) to even maintain the current population numbers there is a lot of heterosexual acts going on today that are counterproductive to human survival too. Abortion is another of those. Humans have found that sex has a value simply for the wonderful (hopefully, in most cases) experience it is, and actually, in heterosexual relationships even take measures so that the woman doesn't become pregnant, because they want the act without the pregnancy.

Homosexuals are not going to depopulate the world, regardless of how we treat them, and there will always be a percentage of homosexuals in society, assuming we don't go to killing them off as some societies have done. So demonizing and/or giving them lesser rights as humans beings serves no purpose other than bigotry.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Answer: FALSE. The view that homosexuality and/or homosexual behavior is a "sin" is not a universal teaching among all religions (and never has been) and not universally agreed to by believers.
<quoted text>Answer: FALSE. Whoever is to blame for your education in history ought to be sued for malpractice, because they have left you sadly misinformed. Acceptance of homosexuals and/or homosexual acts has ebbed and flowed throughout history in pretty much every society that has ever existed, mainly because there have always been homosexuals in pretty much every society that has ever existed. Our role in human history is pretty much at the mercy of the heterosexual super-majority that has also always existed in every society that has ever existed. Sometimes you're cool with it, sometimes you get seriously freaked out for incredibly asinine reasons, usually blaming God, Allah or insert name of higher power here.
<quoted text>Answer: FALSE. Your ignorance isn't limited is it? You seem to know very little about a whole lot of subjects. I don't know whether to be impressed by you or sad for you. The medical profession ceased viewing "homosexuality" as a "sin" decades ago. They stopped confusing people who are homosexual with acts that are homosexual, you should give it a try. AIDS and other sexually transmissible diseases and conditions don't care one whit about sexual orientation or the sex of their current and potential hosts. They do not spontaneously occur simply because someone is engaging in a sexual act with someone of their same sex.
<quoted text>Whether you believe the human species are here as a result of divine intervention or a more Darwinian model, the reality you have to deal with, is that as far as we know, there have always likely been folk who are at least predominately, if not exclusively same sex attracted (homosexual) in every part of the world, throughout all of recorded history and that folk, not necessarily homosexual, have been engaging in same sex sexual acts ever since folk started drawing dirty pictures. Homosexuals are here for a reason, whether divine or natural. There has actually been a great deal of research done in the area of homosexuality and evolution, too bad you are completely unaware of it.
<quoted text>Hon, if you want to pray that whatever version of God or Gods you want to believe in agrees with your choice to believe that who we are and what you fantasize us doing sexually is a "sin", you go right ahead. Any presumption that your version of God or Gods actually agrees with that prayer is yours and yours alone.
Gee, wish I had read your post, before replying to that person, as you expressed things much better than I did. MUQ, who is someone I am not familiar with, at least by that alias, seems to be a particularly naive and/or uneducated person.

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
Just forget it,Rickella. If you don't see anything wrong with getting naked with another man,I can see why you would to hope to be able to keep living morally foul in heaven. Ain't happenin, dawg.....I mean,kitty cat.
Sweetie, it really isn't my fault that your own words can be held against you, now is it? You only have yourself to blame for the conundrum you created. FYI, there can be a whole lot wrong with getting naked with another man, it depends on why you are doing it, but just because there will be sex involved once you are, isn't necessarily one of them.Keep praying that God hates the homosexual as much as you do, I'm sure I read that He has a sense of humor.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
Yeah,won't be no homosexuality in heaven,or any other Christ-rejecting activities,or people,there.
According to what I remember, from my 40 some years of Christianity, you won't be going to heaven either, if it really exists, rather than being just a myth, which it appears is the case.

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

boooots wrote:
Gee, wish I had read your post, before replying to that person, as you expressed things much better than I did. MUQ, who is someone I am not familiar with, at least by that alias, seems to be a particularly naive and/or uneducated person.
Thanks, in many ways I see your response as better than mine. I really hadn't been paying attention to him/her myself until that hoot of a post caught my eye. I couldn't tell you a whole lot about them, but my first impression wasn't impressed with their knowledge and insight.

“lovin whole wheat flakes”

Since: Apr 12

The Big Apple

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Sweetie, it really isn't my fault that your own words can be held against you, now is it? You only have yourself to blame for the conundrum you created. FYI, there can be a whole lot wrong with getting naked with another man, it depends on why you are doing it, but just because there will be sex involved once you are, isn't necessarily one of them.Keep praying that God hates the homosexual as much as you do, I'm sure I read that He has a sense of humor.
Oh poor baby!
Sweetie and Sugar and Cupcake Moon Pie Twinkie SweetTarts Red Vines!
Sugarcone hotfudge drooler!

Your whines are always sooooo sad.
You lead such a pitiful life, and you wallow in that self-pity.
Tsk tsk. What a waste of food and water. And some children in Sudan die every day of hunger and thirst.
If only we could ship your ration there.

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Another village's idiot heard from. Get back to me when you can at least fake semi-coherent.
Rosa Winkel

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Lulu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody argues. You are a nut Adam.
And nobody will argue with THAT.
LLH!
Rosa Winkel

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
'without of argues,take out your panties,stick red carrot inside of your colon,and run away allowing rabbits to chase your a..
First show us how it's done.
Rosa Winkel

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Adam wrote:
Homosexuals try to claim that the religions donīt reject homosexuality. Well they donīt understand semitic languages they havenīt understood with anything that the bible and the quran has come with and to be honest because they are blind because the quran says if someone begins to engage in this type of actions they become blind.Blind means not being able to see what is right and what is wrong.
From the story of Lot in Sodom we learn that God saved Lot and the righteous ones of his family, and rained on the rest a shower of brimstone, so they were utterly destroyed. This is mentioned in the Bible and Qur'an not only for the sake of information, but mainly to serve as a warning to anyone who dares to repeat such acts.
Meaning sex with a "wife" of 9? I have no wish to repeat such acts.
Roni

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Answer: FALSE. The view that homosexuality and/or homosexual behavior is a "sin" is not a universal teaching among all religions (and never has been) and not universally agreed to by believers.
<quoted text>Answer: FALSE. Whoever is to blame for your education in history ought to be sued for malpractice, because they have left you sadly misinformed. Acceptance of homosexuals and/or homosexual acts has ebbed and flowed throughout history in pretty much every society that has ever existed, mainly because there have always been homosexuals in pretty much every society that has ever existed. Our role in human history is pretty much at the mercy of the heterosexual super-majority that has also always existed in every society that has ever existed. Sometimes you're cool with it, sometimes you get seriously freaked out for incredibly asinine reasons, usually blaming God, Allah or insert name of higher power here.
<quoted text>Answer: FALSE. Your ignorance isn't limited is it? You seem to know very little about a whole lot of subjects. I don't know whether to be impressed by you or sad for you. The medical profession ceased viewing "homosexuality" as a "sin" decades ago. They stopped confusing people who are homosexual with acts that are homosexual, you should give it a try. AIDS and other sexually transmissible diseases and conditions don't care one whit about sexual orientation or the sex of their current and potential hosts. They do not spontaneously occur simply because someone is engaging in a sexual act with someone of their same sex.
<quoted text>Whether you believe the human species are here as a result of divine intervention or a more Darwinian model, the reality you have to deal with, is that as far as we know, there have always likely been folk who are at least predominately, if not exclusively same sex attracted (homosexual) in every part of the world, throughout all of recorded history and that folk, not necessarily homosexual, have been engaging in same sex sexual acts ever since folk started drawing dirty pictures. Homosexuals are here for a reason, whether divine or natural. There has actually been a great deal of research done in the area of homosexuality and evolution, too bad you are completely unaware of it.
<quoted text>Hon, if you want to pray that whatever version of God or Gods you want to believe in agrees with your choice to believe that who we are and what you fantasize us doing sexually is a "sin", you go right ahead. Any presumption that your version of God or Gods actually agrees with that prayer is yours and yours alone.
Your entire post is totally FALSE. Nothing you said is true, you lying PIG.
Dude21

Ottawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

While the Bible says that homosexuality is a sin... that same Bible also tells us more than enough times that God loves us unconditionally. That means, for those who don't understand the word, no matter what. It doesn't matter if you are gay, straight, white, black, Islamic or Christian. God loves us all the same, and unconditionally.

However... it should also be noted that the Bible was written by MAN. Not God. So millenia of warped opinions, twisted words and broken ideals mixed with corrupt leaders? Yeah, I think it may get a little fuzzy on what is right and what is wrong.

So, you can be an actually Christian and, I don't know... actually read the Bible contextually and apply it to life, along with the morals you are taught and raised with. Maybe even think for yourself!

OR you can read waaaay too far into a book, written by biased and imperfect beings.

Uo to you how you live your life. Just kind of arrogant to think that you're above other people based on who they love. Sad too.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Adam wrote:
The paradise will be empty from homosexuals.There will be no homosexuals in paradise nor will there be any homosexual activities. God knows best.
So you decided not to go to paradise Adam?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Adam wrote:
Homosexuals try to claim that the religions donīt reject homosexuality. Well they donīt understand semitic languages they havenīt understood with anything that the bible and the quran has come with and to be honest because they are blind because the quran says if someone begins to engage in this type of actions they become blind.Blind means not being able to see what is right and what is wrong.
From the story of Lot in Sodom we learn that God saved Lot and the righteous ones of his family, and rained on the rest a shower of brimstone, so they were utterly destroyed. This is mentioned in the Bible and Qur'an not only for the sake of information, but mainly to serve as a warning to anyone who dares to repeat such acts.
Whatever religion you are talking about Adam is totally worthless.

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Roni wrote:
Your entire post is totally FALSE. Nothing you said is true, you lying PIG.
Really? Let's see if you can prove it, pudding. I'll bet you can't.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 80,401 - 80,420 of93,225
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

569 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Proxy Queen 716,583
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min guest 530,032
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 min BenAdam 598,755
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 16 min azka 335
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 23 min Strength and Honor 171,450
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 34 min Hidingfromyou 223,197
BBM pins Toronto (Mar '12) 34 min that_BadGuy 55
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 47 min Charlie Sheen 255,700
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 9 hr Gabric 62
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••