57,892 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#88791 May 12, 2013
Adolf, it don't matter what the name of the place actually is, without you, it would be paradise.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#88794 May 12, 2013
MUQ wrote:
1. Homosexuality is a Sin from religious point of view (It is immaterial to which religion you follow, they all condemn homosexuality, it is strange unanimity between different religions).
I guess I am not with it, but your message is not clear to me, especially as it contained some incorrect, and wrong ideas.

It is irrelevant that homosexuality has been considered wrong, or discriminated against, by humans in general, which is likely the case, however humans also demonized lepers, mentally challenged, slaves, and many other things which are considered quite normal nowadays, or even are not accepted nowadays, such as slaves.

It is irrelevant what religions have believed and preached about homosexuality, because their beliefs have nothing to do with the reality of what being homosexual really means, nor are they anything but reflecting the "morals" of the people who wrote the laws of those religions when they were developed by humans.

Yes, some diseases are spread more easily through some sexual activities of gay people, but they are also spread by sexual activities of heterosexual people too, and all contagious diseases are spread by contact with other living creatures, often other humans, who have those diseases, or carry the pathogens that cause those diseases, so the frequency of contact with other humans will affect how often people or how many people acquire those diseases.

AIDS is a disease that was only identified and made public in the 1980s and at that time it was claimed to be associated with homosexual men, because it was appearing more frequently in that population, and so it became a tool used again homosexuality.

We now know that AIDS has killed a large number of young adults in some countries in Africa who are not gay, but are married and have children, because the disease has spread rampantly by heterosexual sex, and in many cases heterosexual sex with many people. When one person has the pathogen, then all people who contact that person sexually, or who contact others who have contacted that person sexually will have a chance of getting that disease too.

Because most of the western societies, and even China, now do not have a birth rate high enough (China may still have but their one child policy is counter to that) to even maintain the current population numbers there is a lot of heterosexual acts going on today that are counterproductive to human survival too. Abortion is another of those. Humans have found that sex has a value simply for the wonderful (hopefully, in most cases) experience it is, and actually, in heterosexual relationships even take measures so that the woman doesn't become pregnant, because they want the act without the pregnancy.

Homosexuals are not going to depopulate the world, regardless of how we treat them, and there will always be a percentage of homosexuals in society, assuming we don't go to killing them off as some societies have done. So demonizing and/or giving them lesser rights as humans beings serves no purpose other than bigotry.

Location hidden

#88795 May 12, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Answer: FALSE. The view that homosexuality and/or homosexual behavior is a "sin" is not a universal teaching among all religions (and never has been) and not universally agreed to by believers.
<quoted text>Answer: FALSE. Whoever is to blame for your education in history ought to be sued for malpractice, because they have left you sadly misinformed. Acceptance of homosexuals and/or homosexual acts has ebbed and flowed throughout history in pretty much every society that has ever existed, mainly because there have always been homosexuals in pretty much every society that has ever existed. Our role in human history is pretty much at the mercy of the heterosexual super-majority that has also always existed in every society that has ever existed. Sometimes you're cool with it, sometimes you get seriously freaked out for incredibly asinine reasons, usually blaming God, Allah or insert name of higher power here.
<quoted text>Answer: FALSE. Your ignorance isn't limited is it? You seem to know very little about a whole lot of subjects. I don't know whether to be impressed by you or sad for you. The medical profession ceased viewing "homosexuality" as a "sin" decades ago. They stopped confusing people who are homosexual with acts that are homosexual, you should give it a try. AIDS and other sexually transmissible diseases and conditions don't care one whit about sexual orientation or the sex of their current and potential hosts. They do not spontaneously occur simply because someone is engaging in a sexual act with someone of their same sex.
<quoted text>Whether you believe the human species are here as a result of divine intervention or a more Darwinian model, the reality you have to deal with, is that as far as we know, there have always likely been folk who are at least predominately, if not exclusively same sex attracted (homosexual) in every part of the world, throughout all of recorded history and that folk, not necessarily homosexual, have been engaging in same sex sexual acts ever since folk started drawing dirty pictures. Homosexuals are here for a reason, whether divine or natural. There has actually been a great deal of research done in the area of homosexuality and evolution, too bad you are completely unaware of it.
<quoted text>Hon, if you want to pray that whatever version of God or Gods you want to believe in agrees with your choice to believe that who we are and what you fantasize us doing sexually is a "sin", you go right ahead. Any presumption that your version of God or Gods actually agrees with that prayer is yours and yours alone.
Gee, wish I had read your post, before replying to that person, as you expressed things much better than I did. MUQ, who is someone I am not familiar with, at least by that alias, seems to be a particularly naive and/or uneducated person.

this one

#88796 May 12, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Just forget it,Rickella. If you don't see anything wrong with getting naked with another man,I can see why you would to hope to be able to keep living morally foul in heaven. Ain't happenin, dawg.....I mean,kitty cat.
Sweetie, it really isn't my fault that your own words can be held against you, now is it? You only have yourself to blame for the conundrum you created. FYI, there can be a whole lot wrong with getting naked with another man, it depends on why you are doing it, but just because there will be sex involved once you are, isn't necessarily one of them.Keep praying that God hates the homosexual as much as you do, I'm sure I read that He has a sense of humor.

Location hidden

#88797 May 12, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Yeah,won't be no homosexuality in heaven,or any other Christ-rejecting activities,or people,there.
According to what I remember, from my 40 some years of Christianity, you won't be going to heaven either, if it really exists, rather than being just a myth, which it appears is the case.

this one

#88798 May 12, 2013
boooots wrote:
Gee, wish I had read your post, before replying to that person, as you expressed things much better than I did. MUQ, who is someone I am not familiar with, at least by that alias, seems to be a particularly naive and/or uneducated person.
Thanks, in many ways I see your response as better than mine. I really hadn't been paying attention to him/her myself until that hoot of a post caught my eye. I couldn't tell you a whole lot about them, but my first impression wasn't impressed with their knowledge and insight.

“lovin whole wheat flakes”

Since: Apr 12

The Big Apple

#88802 May 12, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Sweetie, it really isn't my fault that your own words can be held against you, now is it? You only have yourself to blame for the conundrum you created. FYI, there can be a whole lot wrong with getting naked with another man, it depends on why you are doing it, but just because there will be sex involved once you are, isn't necessarily one of them.Keep praying that God hates the homosexual as much as you do, I'm sure I read that He has a sense of humor.
Oh poor baby!
Sweetie and Sugar and Cupcake Moon Pie Twinkie SweetTarts Red Vines!
Sugarcone hotfudge drooler!

Your whines are always sooooo sad.
You lead such a pitiful life, and you wallow in that self-pity.
Tsk tsk. What a waste of food and water. And some children in Sudan die every day of hunger and thirst.
If only we could ship your ration there.

this one

#88803 May 12, 2013
Another village's idiot heard from. Get back to me when you can at least fake semi-coherent.
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#88808 May 12, 2013
Lulu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody argues. You are a nut Adam.
And nobody will argue with THAT.
LLH!
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#88813 May 12, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
'without of argues,take out your panties,stick red carrot inside of your colon,and run away allowing rabbits to chase your a..
First show us how it's done.
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#88814 May 12, 2013
Adam wrote:
Homosexuals try to claim that the religions donīt reject homosexuality. Well they donīt understand semitic languages they havenīt understood with anything that the bible and the quran has come with and to be honest because they are blind because the quran says if someone begins to engage in this type of actions they become blind.Blind means not being able to see what is right and what is wrong.
From the story of Lot in Sodom we learn that God saved Lot and the righteous ones of his family, and rained on the rest a shower of brimstone, so they were utterly destroyed. This is mentioned in the Bible and Qur'an not only for the sake of information, but mainly to serve as a warning to anyone who dares to repeat such acts.
Meaning sex with a "wife" of 9? I have no wish to repeat such acts.
Roni

Prosperity, SC

#88815 May 12, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Answer: FALSE. The view that homosexuality and/or homosexual behavior is a "sin" is not a universal teaching among all religions (and never has been) and not universally agreed to by believers.
<quoted text>Answer: FALSE. Whoever is to blame for your education in history ought to be sued for malpractice, because they have left you sadly misinformed. Acceptance of homosexuals and/or homosexual acts has ebbed and flowed throughout history in pretty much every society that has ever existed, mainly because there have always been homosexuals in pretty much every society that has ever existed. Our role in human history is pretty much at the mercy of the heterosexual super-majority that has also always existed in every society that has ever existed. Sometimes you're cool with it, sometimes you get seriously freaked out for incredibly asinine reasons, usually blaming God, Allah or insert name of higher power here.
<quoted text>Answer: FALSE. Your ignorance isn't limited is it? You seem to know very little about a whole lot of subjects. I don't know whether to be impressed by you or sad for you. The medical profession ceased viewing "homosexuality" as a "sin" decades ago. They stopped confusing people who are homosexual with acts that are homosexual, you should give it a try. AIDS and other sexually transmissible diseases and conditions don't care one whit about sexual orientation or the sex of their current and potential hosts. They do not spontaneously occur simply because someone is engaging in a sexual act with someone of their same sex.
<quoted text>Whether you believe the human species are here as a result of divine intervention or a more Darwinian model, the reality you have to deal with, is that as far as we know, there have always likely been folk who are at least predominately, if not exclusively same sex attracted (homosexual) in every part of the world, throughout all of recorded history and that folk, not necessarily homosexual, have been engaging in same sex sexual acts ever since folk started drawing dirty pictures. Homosexuals are here for a reason, whether divine or natural. There has actually been a great deal of research done in the area of homosexuality and evolution, too bad you are completely unaware of it.
<quoted text>Hon, if you want to pray that whatever version of God or Gods you want to believe in agrees with your choice to believe that who we are and what you fantasize us doing sexually is a "sin", you go right ahead. Any presumption that your version of God or Gods actually agrees with that prayer is yours and yours alone.
Your entire post is totally FALSE. Nothing you said is true, you lying PIG.
Dude21

Ottawa, Canada

#88816 May 12, 2013
While the Bible says that homosexuality is a sin... that same Bible also tells us more than enough times that God loves us unconditionally. That means, for those who don't understand the word, no matter what. It doesn't matter if you are gay, straight, white, black, Islamic or Christian. God loves us all the same, and unconditionally.

However... it should also be noted that the Bible was written by MAN. Not God. So millenia of warped opinions, twisted words and broken ideals mixed with corrupt leaders? Yeah, I think it may get a little fuzzy on what is right and what is wrong.

So, you can be an actually Christian and, I don't know... actually read the Bible contextually and apply it to life, along with the morals you are taught and raised with. Maybe even think for yourself!

OR you can read waaaay too far into a book, written by biased and imperfect beings.

Uo to you how you live your life. Just kind of arrogant to think that you're above other people based on who they love. Sad too.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#88817 May 12, 2013
Adam wrote:
The paradise will be empty from homosexuals.There will be no homosexuals in paradise nor will there be any homosexual activities. God knows best.
So you decided not to go to paradise Adam?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#88818 May 12, 2013
Adam wrote:
Homosexuals try to claim that the religions donīt reject homosexuality. Well they donīt understand semitic languages they havenīt understood with anything that the bible and the quran has come with and to be honest because they are blind because the quran says if someone begins to engage in this type of actions they become blind.Blind means not being able to see what is right and what is wrong.
From the story of Lot in Sodom we learn that God saved Lot and the righteous ones of his family, and rained on the rest a shower of brimstone, so they were utterly destroyed. This is mentioned in the Bible and Qur'an not only for the sake of information, but mainly to serve as a warning to anyone who dares to repeat such acts.
Whatever religion you are talking about Adam is totally worthless.

this one

#88819 May 12, 2013
Roni wrote:
Your entire post is totally FALSE. Nothing you said is true, you lying PIG.
Really? Let's see if you can prove it, pudding. I'll bet you can't.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Parson Browne

Georgetown, OH

#88820 May 12, 2013
God's word says homosexuality certainly is a sin:

1Cor 6:9 &#8239;What! Do YOU not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men,

1 Tim 1:10 fornicators, men who lie with males, kidnappers, liars, false swearers, and whatever other thing is in opposition to the healthful teaching

ROMANS 1:26,27 That is why God gave them up to disgraceful sexual appetites, for both their females changed the natural use of themselves into one contrary to nature; 27&#8239;and likewise even the males left the natural use of the female and became violently inflamed in their lust toward one another, males with males, working what is obscene and receiving in themselves the full recompense, which was due for their error.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#88821 May 12, 2013
Read the "Apology from Rick", do I have to say anything more?

Homosexuality is a sin from whatever angle you look at it. It means end of human race.

If it is such a good thing, why not make it compulsory?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#88822 May 12, 2013
Boooots wrote:

01. It is irrelevant that homosexuality has been considered wrong, or discriminated against, by humans in general, which is likely the case,..

02. It is irrelevant what religions have believed and preached about homosexuality,..

03. Yes, some diseases are spread more easily through some sexual activities of gay people ..

04. We now know that AIDS has killed a large number of young adults in some countries in Africa who are not gay,..

05. Because most of the western societies, and even China, now do not have a birth rate high enough ..

06. Homosexuals are not going to depopulate the world,
Ans.

Let us have a look at your "Pro-Homo" arguments. I comment on salient points of your arguments:

1. It is irrelevant that Homosexuality is condemned by almost every religion:

2. Some religions of humans demonized Lepers, Mentally challenged, slaves etc.

3. Yes Homos are "prone" to some disease, but others people also get it.

4. World population is so much that Homos would not cause any significant dent into it.

5. Homosexuality would "never" overtake Normal human people?

I do not know, if these are apologies or arguments to treat Homosexual and Homo marriage as "Normal"?

But I will post short replies to these points, to counter your arguments:

1. It is irrelevant that Homosexuality is condemned by almost every religion:

You forget that Topic of this thread is "Is Homosexuality a Sin"?

How we define Sin? It is basically a religious term, used for some one willfully violating any religious decree from God.

So how can you say it is "irrelevant" if most religions are against it?

So on the face of it, Homosexuality is a Sin in every religion. It is very much relevant to people who follow religions and they are More in Numbers than Homos or Athiests.

Then from social angel and from medical angle and from human race survival angle, homosexuals always are in negative bracket.

So it is a "sin" from every angle.

2. Some religions of humans demonized Lepers, Mentally challenged, slaves etc.

Equating Homosexuals with these groups is like comparing apples against oranges.

Even now we have separate hospitals and wings for Lepers, and Mentally deranged people. They are kept segregated from people. You want Homos to be treated the same way?

Slavery is out , but slaves are not!!

3. Yes Homos are "prone" to some disease, but others people also get it.

When homos are in "High Risk" category of diseases like AIDS, why should be "encourage" and treat them like "equals"?

Why all this anti Smoking and Anti Drug compaign is all about?

Why don’t you allow people to use and deal in narcotic drugs? It does not harm every one does it?

4. World population is so much that Homos would not cause any significant dent into it.

This is another spurious argument. When you talk about an issue, you should talk at the basics.

The way this compaign is being handled and the way it is being glamorized, it is only matter of time before "Homos" would become majority.

Does not number of children born out of "wedlock" was a "rarity" a few decades back, now more than half of new born children in USA and Europe are born out of wedlock.

The same could happen to Homos.

5. Homosexuality would "never" overtake Normal human people?

This is same futile argument.

The question is, does it has any advantage from any angle that we should consider them as "Normal" and gave homo marriage same status as Normal marriage.

Since when sexual perverts and non Perverts are considered same and equals?

this one

#88823 May 12, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Read the "Apology from Rick", do I have to say anything more?
The idea was for you to read it, or to find an adult who would read it to you. Didn't think of that, now did you buttercup? Why am I not surprised in the slightest by this? What does surprise me is that you have mistaken my schooling of a seriously misinformed tool, you by the way, for an apology. Sad. Need you say more? Well, I already know you can't tread water in an intellectual, fact based discussion and you're in over your head even in the shallow end of the pool. My suggestion, keep your fingers off your keyboard, but stick around, you've got the chance to actually learn something.
MUQ wrote:
Homosexuality is a sin from whatever angle you look at it.
So you pray Sweetie, for your sake I hope Allah has a sense of humor.
MUQ wrote:
It means end of human race.
Proving once again that heterosexuality isn't just a sexual orientation, it's also a serious learning disorder. How else can you possibly explain the notion that all heterosexuals are always just one poof away from complete, full on, flaming, card carrying, queer as folk? Can you people actually forget you are heterosexual? How in the heck does that happen?
MUQ wrote:
If it is such a good thing, why not make it compulsory?
Because I wouldn't wish you on someone of whatever your opposite sex is that I don't like, why would I want to inflict you on someone of your own sex? Some folk we pray to be heterosexual, you would be one of them. With apologies to whatever your opposite sex is, but your same sex is more than thankful that you aren't their problem.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Ooogah Boogah 828,373
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 5 min dollarsbill 3,383
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 min HipGnosis 442,856
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min Michael 584,095
Gay Sex in Houston 42 min john 2
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 50 min WasteWater 5,787
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 56 min WasteWater 270,655
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr WildWeirdWillie 176,526
More from around the web