Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

_Chartreuse_

Lima, Peru

#88705 May 10, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
If we understand anything about biology and psychology, yes we can say something other than what we feel or thionk about homosexuality.
Homosexuality is something like, though a different factor, red hair or blue eyes. Not everyone has those, and most don't, but they do occur and the individual has no control over that. Yes, they can wear colored contact lenses and dye their hair a different color to cover up that condition, but they are still of that condition. Homosexuals also are homosexuals, and that is not something they can change, though, they can cover it up, if that is something they choose to do.
Sin relating to that is man's interpretation of things that man didn't understand thousands of years ago, and also man's propensity to demonize people who differ from them, in some way.
You seem to be denying that some people can do homosexual acts without "being born that way".
Take for instance Portia de Rossi, Ellen DeGeneres' sometime wife. Straight, and then gay, then straight again.
_Chartreuse_

Lima, Peru

#88706 May 10, 2013
Adam wrote:
May the Lord bless us all with more wisdom and knowledge and may the lORD grant us a deeper understanding.
May the Lord grant you better spell checking.
_Chartreuse_

Las Vegas, NV

#88707 May 10, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
If we understand anything about biology and psychology, yes we can say something other than what we feel or thionk about homosexuality.
Homosexuality is something like, though a different factor, red hair or blue eyes. Not everyone has those, and most don't, but they do occur and the individual has no control over that. Yes, they can wear colored contact lenses and dye their hair a different color to cover up that condition, but they are still of that condition. Homosexuals also are homosexuals, and that is not something they can change, though, they can cover it up, if that is something they choose to do.
Sin relating to that is man's interpretation of things that man didn't understand thousands of years ago, and also man's propensity to demonize people who differ from them, in some way.
You seem to be denying that some people can do homosexual acts without "being born that way".
Take for instance Portia de Rossi, Ellen DeGeneres' sometime wife. Straight, then gay, then straight again.
_Chartreuse_

Las Vegas, NV

#88708 May 10, 2013
Adam wrote:
May the Lord bless us all with more wisdom and knowledge and may the lORD grant us a deeper understanding.
May the Lord grant you better spell checking.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#88709 May 10, 2013
Adam wrote:
The queers must understand that itīs not my opinion or your opinion whether it's a sin or not. Particularly noteworthy is the fact that the act of homosexuality was mentioned several times in the Bible.God has clearly revealed in the bible what sins are especially the sin of homosexuality and how homosexuals should be threated and punished. Our comments about homosexuals or homosexuality in general are real and based on what the Bible says.
what part of NOT EVERYONE BELIEVES IN THE BIBLE do you not understand?

why do you fail to understand that THE U.S. IS A SECULAR NATION?

whether homosexuality is a sin in your particular brand of mythology is a moot point and has no bearing on our legal system and laws.

Listen, we won't force you to accept science, logic and reasoning, so don't push your religious dogma on us.

we get it, your uptight, bigoted religion abhors human sexuality. okay. you are free to believe any kind of BS you want, but its still moot.

those are the facts, learn to deal with it
Rosa Winkel

Pascoe Vale, Australia

#88710 May 10, 2013
YES

It's a sin.
Sins are written down.
Cannot deny them.

Hey lookit gang!

Old Pete the repeter is in the newspaper today

http://tinyurl.com/repete
Rosa Winkel

Pascoe Vale, Australia

#88711 May 10, 2013
I too come here to do the Lord's work by converting homophobes into homosexuals.

“Sole source for Jesus Bats”

Since: Jul 11

Vengeance is Mine,sayest Jesus

#88712 May 10, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
what part of NOT EVERYONE BELIEVES IN THE BIBLE do you not understand?
why do you fail to understand that THE U.S. IS A SECULAR NATION?
whether homosexuality is a sin in your particular brand of mythology is a moot point and has no bearing on our legal system and laws.
Listen, we won't force you to accept science, logic and reasoning, so don't push your religious dogma on us.
we get it, your uptight, bigoted religion abhors human sexuality. okay. you are free to believe any kind of BS you want, but its still moot.
those are the facts, learn to deal with it
Hey Dummy, which part of THIS THREAD IS ABOUT SIN, SO IT PRESUMES YOU CARE ABOUT RELIGION don't you get??

You don't do religion, fine. But you have no way to decide what's a sin if you don't believe in it at all. Those people who do believe in sins get to decide of homosexuality is one of them.(Hint: It is.)

“Sole source for Jesus Bats”

Since: Jul 11

Vengeance is Mine,sayest Jesus

#88713 May 10, 2013
HEY WASTEWATER!
COME BACK HERE YOU COWARD!

BORE US SOME MORE!

WE DEMAND ATTENTION AND TO BE BORED SOME MORE

SO WE CAN SAY

Yawn
NEXT

hehehe

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#88717 May 10, 2013
_Chartreuse_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Take for instance Portia de Rossi, Ellen DeGeneres' sometime wife. Straight, and then gay, then straight again.
Certainly what about her other beautiful partner, Anne Heche, a gorgeous woman, as is Ellen. So they had differing opinions about which they wanted for a partner, a man or a woman. However, a person who is homosexual, cannot become oriented heterosexual, other than through some sort of brain operation, or really powerful hypnotic trance, that I am aware of. The hypocrisy is the people who claim they all can change their orientation, but they choose not to. That is an outright lie.

I would never want to have or even have a homosexual relationship with a man, but there are a couple gay men, who I find very attractive human beings, and could not help but like them. Anderson Cooper and Nate Berkus would be two men who I would consider as attractive people. They certainly do nothing for me sexually though.
_Chartreuse_

Las Vegas, NV

#88718 May 10, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>

:
:

[ I see your gums flapping but it's too long to read ]

:
:
Sorry, chump, but my comments stand. i don't care if you don't like it. You are a fool.
raises eyebrows

Newark, OH

#88721 May 10, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
This is nonsense; there is no science showing homosexuality is something one is born with. And yes, people do have control over whether they choose to express their sexuality in normal heterosexuality or a deviant way.

You didn't respond to what I posted. Its obvious everyone has their own opinions. The thread asks if its a sin; that's no a matter of opinion; but a matter of what the religions say about it. The religions say its a sin. But of course you can post whatever opinion you wish. It just doesn't really answer the thread's question honestly.

And no, its stupid to think all life thousands of years ago had to be ignorant. Have you never heard of King Minos, Crete? His kingdom was very modern with running water, hot and cold, etc. That was about the same as Biblical timing, dude. I get tired of people who don't study for themselves; but just regurgitate the status quo. I know its heady and prideful, makes one feel on top to think all those in the past were ignorant cave men, etc. But I'm more of a truth seeker.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
raises eyebrows

Newark, OH

#88722 May 10, 2013
_Chartreuse_ wrote:
<quoted text>
They've shown no scientific proof. They're making unproven leaps when they refer to it as a fact.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 13

Godalming, UK

#88723 May 10, 2013
People going on about the Bible really need to remember a few things. One being that in those days people didn't know about sperm and egg cells, they thought everything required for a potential human baby was in the semen. So gay sex would 'waste' the semen because in their eyes that was a potential baby not being given a chance because it wasn't ejaculated into a woman. That's why the Bible also said not to masterbate, saying its a sin to spill your seed upon the ground.

So instead of assuming God has something against two people sharing their love for each other who happen to be of the same sex, think about the evidence you are using. If every ejaculate was a potential life, maybe it would be sinful to have any sex that wasn't penis to vagina but don't let an ancient scientific misconception lead you to be hostile or unaccepting of something that really shouldn't be a big deal.

Some people are gay, so what?
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#88724 May 10, 2013
Chaumette wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said, it's a matter of opinion. Because it's the opinion of Muslims that it is a sin, does not make it so.
A Muslim wouldn't consider it a sin to marry a girl of 10. Bet u think it's off tho?
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#88725 May 10, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be a lie.
Yep! For once you're right about that dumb troll, Adam.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#88726 May 10, 2013
LuLu wrote:
1. Agree 100%. Since I believe in only one God, I have no problem with calling God Allah or learning more about Islam. Any of the great masters, regardless of which spiritual tradition they came from, agreed upon love, compassion and understanding of one another.

Peace be with you brother.

2. One thing. You don't understand what I meant by the present. The present is the moment were a person can be with God. As human beings, we tend to ruminate over the past and think about the future rather than the "here and now" moment. All spiritual practice such as prayer, chant, and meditation are designed to quite the voices within and bring us into the presence of God. God exists only in the present.
Ans.

01. Sister, If you believe in one God and not "allergic" to call Him God or Allah, then you are doing yourself injustice by not reading Quran.

In Quran you will find the most perfect qualities and attributes of God / Allah, that no scripture can match.

But English is so poor a language to capture the grandeur of Quranic Arabic, but we have to accept it.

Please obtain a copy of Holy Quran translated by a Muslim Scholar (I recommend Abdullah Yousuf Ali), please contact Islamic Center nearest to your place of residence.

I think a person with broad outlook should not be ignorant of message of Quran.

If you believe in One God, free from all defects and all traces of racism, nationalism and ethnicity, Quran is the book for you.

02. The question of Past, Present and future is only philosophical. I cannot comment further on it.

What we know is that Allah is free from all these. He is creator of Time and as such not bound by its rules.

Allah Knows best.

“lovin whole wheat flakes”

Since: Apr 12

The Big Apple

#88727 May 10, 2013
And For those wondering why Rick in Kansas is always using terms like Sweetie and Sugar and Cupcake ....
... of course you think it's because he's mentally retarded, and that's part of it.

But the main reason is he thinks these are insults and will humiliate total strangers who are posting normally. Why? you ask ....well ...

Turns out those are the terms his mummy uses on him. But he never figured out why, so he confusedly decided they must be insults and humiliations.
Actually she uses them for the opposite reason:

Whenever they go out to eat, she has to start yelling at Rickie, and since he is so spacy she ends up screaming at him, "Rikkie Dickie! Get your hands off your junk right NOW. And put your pants back on!" Then realizing that everyone in entire room at Chick-fil-A is staring at her, she adds "..Sugar Pie". And now he is embarrassed and humiliated, with everyone pointing and making their thumb and forefinger into the symbol for teeny-tiny.
She was really trying to soften her shouting fit, but he misinterpreted it.

Rick confusedly thinks it's part of the humiliation.

And that's why he does it.
Plus of course the mental retardation thing.
raises eyebrows

Newark, OH

#88728 May 10, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I Corinthians 6:9(NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
Somebody who's more consistent with the thread's question and logical answer.
A religious question answered with a religious text, nice!

\
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#88729 May 10, 2013
from birth to death, is a huge Vatican business. that is why masturbation is a huge sin. no babies, no business. that is why masturbation is a big NO to Vatican.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 min Mr Ironhart 4,568
How to Fix PC Run slowly? 34 min sydneybush0123 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 37 min Aura Mytha 839,632
chat with demi lovato 112 (the real official de... (Jan '09) 1 hr Andrea 1,928
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr guest 590,579
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 2 hr Inally 3,045
Are afghans and turks white? (May '09) 2 hr Time line 445
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr onemale 271,386
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr Student 40,523
More from around the web