• Yes
  • No
Comments
79,221 - 79,240 of 94,751 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#87149 Apr 24, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Dear, the Genesis account makes it quite clear that God conducted an experiment with just one of the many human beings He created, Adam. With the rest of humanity off doing what they needed to do to survive, God took Adam and brought him to Eden, where He would provide him everything Adam ever needed to not just survive, but thrive, including Eve. The only condition placed on this was their unquestioning obedience. They blew it. Adam and Eve NEVER were God's only humans.
"Sweetie" what the fuck are you trying to say? You seem always to have an excuse what ever we bring you an evidance from scriptures scienctific researches and psycho analysis.
the Genesis account makes it quite clear that God condamned the experiment with two guys having sex see the destruction of Sodoma and Gomorrah the laws of the prophets in leviticus etc.
God knows you don´t know what you are talking about.
Btw nobody likes you.
V for Vendetta

Montréal, Canada

#87150 Apr 24, 2013
EXSF wrote:
<quoted text>
You have this entirely backwards mary.
When you make a claim that something exists, then it's up to you to show proof.
Your imaginary friend isn't made real by your belief and no one can show the light to one who will not see. Finding others who have the same heaven/hell fantasy as you do is a miracle in itself. Go with that and worship with your friends and leave us realists to live our lives free of your hypocrisy.
You owe us an explanation- not the other way around.
You've been brain-washed.

I won't argue the fact that "no one can show the light to one who will not see."

Christians don't owe anyone an explanation, it's wasted breath, really. While atheists regard the New Testament as a bunch of hooey, it was written based upon the accounts of people who supposedly actually witnessed miracles and heard Christ speak. You may argue that they are bogus stories, but you cannot prove that they weren't true either. Just because his disciples weren't busy writing things down as they happened doesn't mean they didn't happen. They were fishermen and tax collectors and such. Few common people had access to writing materials back then, and they relied upon people's word--something you cannot do today. Do you regard stories that your old grandparents tell you as garbage simply because they didn't keep a journal of accounts of their lives?
V for Vendetta

Montréal, Canada

#87152 Apr 24, 2013
EXSF wrote:
<quoted text>
You have this entirely backwards mary.
When you make a claim that something exists, then it's up to you to show proof.
Your imaginary friend isn't made real by your belief and no one can show the light to one who will not see. Finding others who have the same heaven/hell fantasy as you do is a miracle in itself. Go with that and worship with your friends and leave us realists to live our lives free of your hypocrisy.
You owe us an explanation- not the other way around.
You've been brain-washed.

I won't argue the fact that "no one can show the light to one who will not see."

Christians don't owe anyone an explanation, it's wasted breath, really. While atheists regard the New Testament as a bunch of hooey, it was written based upon the accounts of people who supposedly actually witnessed miracles and heard Christ speak. You may argue that they are bogus stories, but you cannot prove that they weren't true either. Just because his disciples weren't busy writing things down as they happened doesn't mean they didn't happen. They were fishermen and tax collectors and such. Few common people had access to writing materials back then, and they relied upon people's word--something you cannot do today. Do you regard stories that your old grandparents tell you as garbage simply because they didn't keep a journal of accounts of their lives?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#87155 Apr 24, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Waste---The passage posted had the word Intimate in it, otherwise I would never have taken exception with the word.
HughBe--- From the start it was clear to me that the word INTIMATE was in the passage that I quoted. So, its existence was never being disputed by me. Having said that I maintain , I did NOT say that the word INTIMATE existed when Moses wrote the story.
The rabbis or translators used INTIMATE and I had no difficulty in understanding their choice of word and in my opinion although it was not the original word, its essence captured the original meaning.
Let me provide the ORIGINAL or KJV version as I believe that you should be more comfortable with it. Note, the word used by the KJV is KNOW and I know that you are more at ease with it than INTIMATE.
"Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may KNOW them." Lot story.
" Bring forth the man that came into thine house, that we may KNOW him" Levite and concubine story.
Finally, tell me the meanings of KNOW.
So you believe non-consensual abusive sex and rape is intimate? I find that very interesting. The use of the phrase, "to know" has much different implications. To know indicates distrust of strangers treating them with suspicion and possibly driving them off. In either case, it went against the custom of treating strangers with respect and hosting them properly which was the custom when that passage was written down. Interesting to note is the fact that a stranger was no longer welcome after three days.
Jorge W Arbusto

Scranton, PA

#87156 Apr 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And it's your belief that He doesn't.
And you have no proof that "any god" doesn't.
Sorry.

Actually, it seems as though his claim was not, "And it's your belief that He doesn't". That skips a step, an important one. Until a person can demonstrate that a divine master exists, there is no relevant reason to accept their claim that it influences their life.

Disbelief of a claim, when evidence is lacking, requires less a statement of faith, in the same sense that 0 is less than 1. Definitionally, it doesn't make sense to say that disbelieving "takes more faith," as it doesn't require any faith not to place one's belief in unsubstantiated truth claims. An analogous claim would be, "Not playing sports requires more athletic ability than playing football."

Since: Apr 13

Mind your manners

#87158 Apr 24, 2013
THE ANSWER'S IN TODAY'S PAPER.

Read and learn!

http://tinyurl.com/IsItASin

Mind your manners

#87159 Apr 24, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
The passage posted had the word Intimate in it, otherwise I would never have taken exception with the word.
in·ti·mate1 (nt-mt) KEY
ADJECTIVE:
Marked by close acquaintance, association, or familiarity.
Relating to or indicative of one's deepest nature: intimate prayers.
Essential; innermost: the intimate structure of matter.
Marked by informality and privacy: an intimate nightclub.
Very personal; private: an intimate letter.
Of or involved in a sexual relationship.
NOUN:
A close friend or confidant.
Intimate shows closeness. The men of Sodom were seeking to rape and abuse. The word intimate does not fit the passage.
NEXT
Another empty post.
You are fading away.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#87160 Apr 24, 2013
_Chartruese_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Another empty post.
You are fading away.
sock puppet spam
Leena

Wheeling, WV

#87161 Apr 24, 2013
_Chartruese_ wrote:
THE ANSWER'S IN TODAY'S PAPER.
Read and learn!
http://tinyurl.com/IsItASin
I love it!

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#87162 Apr 24, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
The passage posted had the word Intimate in it, otherwise I would never have taken exception with the word.
in·ti·mate1 (nt-mt) KEY
ADJECTIVE:
Marked by close acquaintance, association, or familiarity.
Relating to or indicative of one's deepest nature: intimate prayers.
Essential; innermost: the intimate structure of matter.
Marked by informality and privacy: an intimate nightclub.
Very personal; private: an intimate letter.
Of or involved in a sexual relationship.
NOUN:
A close friend or confidant.
Intimate shows closeness. The men of Sodom were seeking to rape and abuse. The word intimate does not fit the passage.
NEXT
Well said indeed.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#87163 Apr 24, 2013
Looks like this thread is over now.

RIP

Mind your manners

#87164 Apr 24, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
sock puppet spam
Yet another empty post.
You are fading away.

Mind your manners

#87165 Apr 24, 2013
The once mighty "KING WASTEWATER - KNEEL AND OBEEEY!" is dead.

Mind your manners

#87166 Apr 24, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said indeed.
Wow, who would ever have expected your sock puppet??

EVERYONE!

What loser!

Since: Sep 12

#87167 Apr 24, 2013
Well, I told you WW-LLF was dumb
RIP

Santa Cruz, CA

#87168 Apr 24, 2013
THREAD OVER

“I give my mind to THE STARE!”

Since: Dec 11

Mayberry RFD, Bunkum County

#87169 Apr 24, 2013
Oh give WastewaterLuLuFord a break.

He/she is just trying desperately to cling to this thread. When it does fade and blow away (they all do) then "they" will roll up into a dust ball behind the sofa.
RIP

Santa Cruz, CA

#87170 Apr 24, 2013
Is homosexuality a sin?
No 24,504 64%
Yes 13,202 35%
Current Total 37,706

SAYS IT ALL!

“ veggies beans berries ”

Since: Nov 12

grapes apples bananas

#87171 Apr 24, 2013
I'm not a very religious person, and I haven't read the bible in my life, but I heard that somewhere in there it says sneezing is also a sin? Hence the rush to say "God bless you" Correct me if I am wrong ....

“ veggies beans berries ”

Since: Nov 12

grapes apples bananas

#87172 Apr 24, 2013
And also farts are a sin, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min June VanDerMark 539,575
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min JUDEletePete 118,138
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min Eagle 12 226,568
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 3 min DeAngelo of Memphis 2,552
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Buck Crick 734,064
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 19 min Tender Mercies 4,167
Last Word + 2 24 min Tender Mercies 560
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 55 min RADEKT 258,221
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Stephania capitani 600,207
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE