Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#86360 Apr 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam has nothing to do with women having or not having right to vote, neither has Islam any thing to do with women driving or not driving a car.
Nor Islam has any thing to do with women walking down the street in one way or another.
As per Islam a women has full right to accept or reject any marriage proposal. No marriage can take place without the consent of both parties.
You have very wrong perception about Islam and your bias in evident from the term "Your barbaric religion" you use for Islam.
You might not be aware, but it was Islam which gave rights to women for the first time and it was Islam which gave rights to the slaves and rights to the conquered nations.
No religion before Islam gave any right to these people.
Obviously you do not understand what term barbaric means....that was the status of entire Europe prior to 15th Century!!
You're really wrong about that.

Jewish Mosaic Law granted men and women equal rights (except in religious affairs; several women were generals and rulers), as did other, older, PAGAN cultures...Mayan women fought in wars, were sovereign rulers over city states, directed commerce and the arts (among other things) alongside their male counter parts, as did Celtic women (Queen Boudica fought against Roman incursions into the British Isles); Egyptian women were severely underrepresented but under law were still equal to men (pharaoh Hatshepsut was one of Egypt's greatest rulers), Scandinavian women before Christianity had a legal right to decide over on her own legal representation as well as residence...ancient Hindu law stressed that girls be educated in the same manner as boys.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_rights_of...

What's really insulting is how you state that only Islam has the right to claim any advancement in women's rights when that is not true at all, and how you insinuate that this attitude is still prevalent when it is very clear on your stance of women and current Muslim majority nations that this is not the case at all. Conservatism has corrupted the originally progressive laws of Islam towards the opposite sex and now women live under brutal conditions because some fusty old men are too stupid and prejudiced to realise the value women have in society!
Titania

Byron Bay, Australia

#86361 Apr 10, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody uses the word bastard in that context anymore. It has become a generic curse word. You call someone a bastard like you would call someone a jerk. If you call a child a bastard you are being an incredible a**hole. It doesn't matter what the original meaning was. Language evolves, like everything else.
Islam creates a world in which men and women ARE treated unequally under the law. Islam wants law to be Islamic. Law should always be secular, because that is called governing to the least common denominator. In the USA it would go against our Constitution to make a law favoring Christians (though I admit it can and does happen...we have a TON of crazy Christians).
Yet in many Islamic countries the laws are Islamic by nature.
I'm not sure where you are posting from. If I was living where you come from and I was openly homosexual and Buddhist would I be treated equally? Would I be in violation of any laws if I walked down the street with my boyfriend wearing some kind of traditional Buddhist garment? Would I expect to be treated normally or would I expect to meet with scorn, or possibly arrest? Because according to certain Islamic leaders, homosexuality doesn't even exist in the Middle East.
And that would be a funny comment if it wasn't coming from such a hateful idea.
Notice the audience reaction when he said that:

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#86363 Apr 10, 2013
Then leave the officially-accepted Bible versions alone and write your own version.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#86364 Apr 10, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
You're really wrong about that.
Jewish Mosaic Law granted men and women equal rights (except in religious affairs; several women were generals and rulers), as did other, older, PAGAN cultures...Mayan women fought in wars, were sovereign rulers over city states, directed commerce and the arts (among other things) alongside their male counter parts, as did Celtic women (Queen Boudica fought against Roman incursions into the British Isles); Egyptian women were severely underrepresented but under law were still equal to men (pharaoh Hatshepsut was one of Egypt's greatest rulers), Scandinavian women before Christianity had a legal right to decide over on her own legal representation as well as residence...ancient Hindu law stressed that girls be educated in the same manner as boys.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_rights_of...
What's really insulting is how you state that only Islam has the right to claim any advancement in women's rights when that is not true at all, and how you insinuate that this attitude is still prevalent when it is very clear on your stance of women and current Muslim majority nations that this is not the case at all. Conservatism has corrupted the originally progressive laws of Islam towards the opposite sex and now women live under brutal conditions because some fusty old men are too stupid and prejudiced to realise the value women have in society!
Just ignore the MUQtard. Lord knows the ladies do.

mandingowillsay

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#86365 Apr 10, 2013
James Bond OO7 wrote:
tired topic, but amazed to see that stupid jobless,fanatic extremeists folks did'nt get tired even yet
Of course a man sticking his rod up another man's ass is unnatural. I don't not what it means when they say sinful though? A mans ass was not designed for this.

Thailand

#86366 Apr 10, 2013
mandingowillsay wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course a man sticking his rod up another man's ass is unnatural. I don't not what it means when they say sinful though? A mans ass was not designed for this.
It makes my eyes water, but i cant give it up, i love cock and bum fun

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#86368 Apr 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. Men and women are not “equal” in Islam in any sense. They are “made for each other” to be correct.
As per Islam, men and women are complimentary to each other. Together they form a unit, which is called family, which is the basic unit of civilization.
The roles which Islam has provided for men and women are according to their natural buildup and their abilities.
West in their zeal to enjoy beauty of women, put double burden on her. She was taken out of house, and made a toy in the market place.
She must “display, sell her body and beauty to earn her living.
When you play with nature, you pay the price the hard way and that is what we see in West and their women.
02. I told you, Islam is not totally against women working. It is about their primary role.
A Muslim women can do and does business sitting from her house. She can teach in schools and colleges and Universities.
But working as “Air hostess” in air planes and working as “waitress” in restaurants lowers her pride and dignity as a women.
Can you tell me “What Great jobs women do as Air hostesses”? Is there any pressing need to show their beauty and entertain the passengers?
03. In case men are unable to do their duties, Islamic system allows for women to get divorce and marry some one else.
She might choose to work for the sake of her children. The choice is hers and hers only.
There is never any force on her to work and earn money for the family.
04. You are wrong , it is west that has made divorce difficult. There are “Many Sharks” in Divorce market in West in the form of Specialized Divorce lawyers.
In the garb of protecting women and her rights, these lawyers and idiotic court interference has only made divorce and life difficult for women.
And the basic mistake is to “blame men for divorce and always treat women as wronged party”.
In Islam, the marriage is like a contract, it is terminable from the parties and no court intervention in needed.
West in their Zeal to “protect women” has once again committed a blunder and made divorce difficult.
Calling Divorce as MAKROOH is not to make is difficult, it is on another level of Piety and not a legal position.
You got your wires crossed on this!!
When strictly followed, divorce is difficult in Islam. There are 3 Talaaqs. First talaaq, the couple still stay together, second talaaq they separate and only the third talaaq is final. Each talaaq stage has specified time periods of 1 month. Then there is idat, so the women can't marry someone else for a few months. And then to divorce and remarry, a woman has to be marry and divorce someone else first. That is the orthodox following of Islamic law.

In the west, separation is an optional thing. One can simply sign divorce papers and the rest is simply a mad rush for wealth division. And people can divorce and remarry as they please. The ease of divorce has diminished the status and concept of marriage and a family unit.

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#86369 Apr 11, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody uses the word bastard in that context anymore. It has become a generic curse word. You call someone a bastard like you would call someone a jerk. If you call a child a bastard you are being an incredible a**hole. It doesn't matter what the original meaning was. Language evolves, like everything else.
Islam creates a world in which men and women ARE treated unequally under the law. Islam wants law to be Islamic. Law should always be secular, because that is called governing to the least common denominator. In the USA it would go against our Constitution to make a law favoring Christians (though I admit it can and does happen...we have a TON of crazy Christians).
Yet in many Islamic countries the laws are Islamic by nature.
I'm not sure where you are posting from. If I was living where you come from and I was openly homosexual and Buddhist would I be treated equally? Would I be in violation of any laws if I walked down the street with my boyfriend wearing some kind of traditional Buddhist garment? Would I expect to be treated normally or would I expect to meet with scorn, or possibly arrest? Because according to certain Islamic leaders, homosexuality doesn't even exist in the Middle East.
And that would be a funny comment if it wasn't coming from such a hateful idea.
In your culture and language, the word "bastard" has become a mere curse word. But your culture and language does not represent the world. To most other cultures, that word still has its real meaning. Language does evolve, but not in the same way for each language.

You fail to grasp the difference between an Islamic state and a muslim state. Islamic law provides ample provisions for non-muslims, historically even allowing the trade of un-Islamic items. The difference between countries is the attitude of muslims. Most muslim nations are quite accomodating, while others are theocratic and intolerant. The same is true for the west. Many countries are absolutely tolerant, while others wish to restrict muslim dressing. Can I walk onto a plane in peace in your country, dressed as an Arab, with a kurtha, a turban and beard? You cannot guarantee that at all, and yet that is policy, not even the attitude of the man in the street.

You are quick to criticise the muslims and Islamic law, yet are blind to see the eroding and fakeness of the freedom in the west. The west has colonised and imposed western culture on many muslim countries. They have imposed it by law. And now colonialism has all but disappeared and countries are back to their culture, and now the west is forever concerned about the "growing Islamic problem". And they try to make their bigoted concerns palatable and civilised by presenting it as nationalism.

At least in Muslim countries, they do not pretend to be overly tolerant. The west tries to pretend. They think we are stupid and will fall for their pretense. What a joke.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#86370 Apr 11, 2013
Brainiac2 wrote:
Then leave the officially-accepted Bible versions alone and write your own version.
How is it possible for there to be more than one officially accepted version of the unalterable Word of God? Whose "official acceptance" would we be talking about here? God's or that of some Christians who claim to be working on His behalf? Keep in mind that if you are going to reply that all these "officially accepted" versions of His Word have His Seal of Approval, you're basically going to be telling us that God can't make up His mind and has no problem in sending out seriously mixed messages. Oops.

The only "official acceptance" of the Bible, in any version, as the unalterable Word of God, is by the people holding it pumpkin, God's Acceptance is what you are praying for. Remember?

Thailand

#86371 Apr 11, 2013
I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood.

this one

#86372 Apr 11, 2013
mandingowillsay wrote:
I notice that your issue with the thought of anal sex is strictly as a male on male in construct. Do you have the same issues with the male on female variety as well, or do you believe they were designed for it? FYI, the actual participation of anyone even remotely same sex oriented (you know, homosexuals), has NEVER been a requirement for the occurrence of male on male anal sex and while it may not be a part of nature/God's design for the space, not a whole lot was done with the anatomy to prevent that and a whole lot more go the back way and then there's the whole business with the presence of certain nerve endings and other anatomical features, both male and female, which can respond quite favorably to it. It's not like it's a new idea, we've known we've been doing it since man started drawing dirty pictures.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#86373 Apr 11, 2013
It's just a different way of living.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#86374 Apr 11, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>How is it possible for there to be more than one officially accepted version of the unalterable Word of God? Whose "official acceptance" would we be talking about here? God's or that of some Christians who claim to be working on His behalf? Keep in mind that if you are going to reply that all these "officially accepted" versions of His Word have His Seal of Approval, you're basically going to be telling us that God can't make up His mind and has no problem in sending out seriously mixed messages. Oops.
The only "official acceptance" of the Bible, in any version, as the unalterable Word of God, is by the people holding it pumpkin, God's Acceptance is what you are praying for. Remember?
Both Protestant and Catholic versions include the OT and NT clearly-statet anti-homosexuality scriptures.

Thailand

#86375 Apr 11, 2013
Not a lot of people know this.
Jesus was Gay

this one

#86376 Apr 11, 2013
Brainiac2 wrote:
Both Protestant and Catholic versions include the OT and NT clearly-statet anti-homosexuality scriptures.
According to what YOU have chosen to believe dear, others have read those and other versions of these words of man claiming to be the Word of God and have chosen an entirely different conclusion as to how God really feels about his not heterosexual children. What you say and what you believe are your choices, not the Bibles and not God's. God gets to decide who gets His Christianity right, not His Christians.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

this one

#86377 Apr 11, 2013
By the way, how can there be both a Protestant and Catholic version (among the many others) when there is only one God and His Word is unalterable?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bond James

Pasadena, CA

#86378 Apr 11, 2013
Joeking007 wrote:
Not a lot of people know this.
Jesus was Gay
no it can't be so btw show some proof.....jesus was sexully inactive
Adam

Germany

#86379 Apr 11, 2013
Rick in Kansas feels himself comfortable, where the majority is.
The majority here are homosexual according to this fake votings. If the majority agrees on something that ´s good and normal if they don´t agree on something then it´s bad and abnormal. So according to this votings homosexuality is good and normal and heterosexuality is wrong and evil. Strange world

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Adam

Germany

#86380 Apr 11, 2013
@ Rick In Kansas

4 farts upon your comments and another 4 farts upon your nose.
Adam

Germany

#86381 Apr 11, 2013
God has already decided in his holy books what are ok´s and what are evils.Homosexuality is clearly listed under evil sins.The homosexual subhuman animals take here the use of their voting rights because of democracy. Homosexual subhumans live in their own perverted world but the reality is outside from this thread.They won´t change anything. Homosexuals and their lovers have no power nor legitimation to change our good world and turn it into an gay party.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min hojo 638,098
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Catcher1 30,227
http://friendable.com 39 min Stock analyst 1
"At times", ""I"" have "felt like" a "battered ... 50 min andet1987 5
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 52 min Lbj 43,938
Play "end of the word" part 2 53 min andet1987 1,473
Leslie Van Houten's parole hearing August 2009 (Jul '09) 1 hr Diamonds7156 1,575
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 3 hr Naturally Wired 38,054
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr pusherman 968,913
More from around the web