No

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#85004 Mar 31, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you smoke crack?
We naturally mate to preserve the species. We pack for protection and communal support. These are to promote the species. As technology has advanced, these things change but still exist. We're naturally wired to reproduce and support the species.
We can have illness or disease that changes these drives. We can choose to ignore them. There is no third option. Homosexuality is either a disease or a choice in all cases.
Homosexuality occurs naturally in people and has no ill effects on the individual. Since it only occurs in less than 10% of the population it really has no impact on the sustainability of the species.

Evolution has not selected against it and there is no evidence that it ever would. So in a sense it is a human trait no different from having red hair.

About 4% of people in Europe have red hair. That's even more rare than being gay.

So is red hair a disease or a choice?

Location hidden

#85005 Mar 31, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, as I stated, you're making things up to support your agenda.
Liking the opposite sex is as natural as breathing, as I also sated. I never had to make a conscious choice to breathe OR like the opposite sex. I can choose to hold my breath, though.
Having some degree of sexual attraction is natural. The gender and other qualities of the type of person you are attracted to is not rigidly written into that natural sexual attraction.

In other words, you are confusing the fact that we all get off on something with your personal opinion that it *should* always be heterosexual.

The fallacy is that since we only procreate by paring egg and sperm there can be no alternate natural sexual identities.

But clearly this in not true.

I do not understand how a person could deny that being gay is natural and still have enough brain cells to not walk into traffic.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#85006 Mar 31, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality occurs naturally in people and has no ill effects on the individual. Since it only occurs in less than 10% of the population it really has no impact on the sustainability of the species.
Evolution has not selected against it and there is no evidence that it ever would. So in a sense it is a human trait no different from having red hair.
About 4% of people in Europe have red hair. That's even more rare than being gay.
So is red hair a disease or a choice?
Red hair is irrelevant to the development of a species. Blue eyes? Same. Cancer hasn't been selected by evolution, either. Doesn't make it any less of a disease.

Location hidden

#85007 Mar 31, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Having some degree of sexual attraction is natural. The gender and other qualities of the type of person you are attracted to is not rigidly written into that natural sexual attraction.
In other words, you are confusing the fact that we all get off on something with your personal opinion that it *should* always be heterosexual.
The fallacy is that since we only procreate by paring egg and sperm there can be no alternate natural sexual identities.
But clearly this in not true.
I do not understand how a person could deny that being gay is natural and still have enough brain cells to not walk into traffic.
AIDS is natural, too. What's your point? That we all have it?

Location hidden

#85010 Mar 31, 2013
Twiigs_n_b3rriez wrote:
<quoted text> Nope. Unfortunately for you, MR. Know-It-All, I actually did like boys before I was through puberty. I can remember thinking at ages 4 and 5 when I was in elementary school that I had feelings towards other males so how about you stop making up things to support YOUR AGENDA because if anyone is in DENIAL, it's all you wanna be self righteous hypocrites. You didn't live my life for me, so you damn well can't tell me what I have and have not experienced for myself. You douches will take any drastic measure you can to make people buy into your BULL(that just so happens to be a "BELIEF" and not a "FACT"). Guess what... I'M NOT BUYING IT!
Live your life however you'd like. Never did I say you shouldn't. You can even lie about it if you'd like. I don't know why you are surprised when people call you on it, though.

Location hidden

#85011 Mar 31, 2013
Twiigs_n_b3rriez wrote:
I tell yall one thing, I CANT WAIT til DOMA is repealed and the whole entire US, no scratch that, the entire world is free to love who ever they so choose and to the surprise of you dumb asses the world will not end anytime soon after that because God did create homosexuals and excepts and approves of us.
OMA has nothing to do with love. In fact, I don't think it's even mentioned in the wording.

DOMA just preserves the intent of existing marriage laws and states rights. I don't have a problem with its removal, providing states rights aren't infringed.

Location hidden

#85013 Mar 31, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Red hair is irrelevant to the development of a species. Blue eyes? Same. Cancer hasn't been selected by evolution, either. Doesn't make it any less of a disease.
You are missing the point.

AIDS and cancer kill people. Gay doesn't.

Red hair and blue eyes do not kill people.

So how are they diseases? Because if being gay is a disease, then so is anything that occurs in small percentages and does not hurt you.

Are you getting the logic? Disease = negative, harmful.

Also, as I pointed out, the survival of a species is not dependent on every single member procreating.

And, on another note, we do not have enough information to rule out the possibility that homosexuality occurs because it carries a benefit to the species. Yet we have ruled out that it is harmful to the species.

The onus is on your side to prove there is anything wrong with it or that it is "a choice".

Location hidden

#85014 Mar 31, 2013
Twiigs_n_b3rriez wrote:
Happy Easter to all and Good Night cuz I'm going to sleep now(been up all night lol). And may the lord bless EVERYONE on this Holy Sabbath Sunday and the resurrection of our lord and savior(even if they are too ignorant to accept homosexuality as one of his creations).
Of course it's his creation, just like Cancer, AIDS, and Hepatitis.

Location hidden

#85016 Mar 31, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
You are missing the point.
AIDS and cancer kill people. Gay doesn't.
Red hair and blue eyes do not kill people.
So how are they diseases? Because if being gay is a disease, then so is anything that occurs in small percentages and does not hurt you.
Are you getting the logic? Disease = negative, harmful.
Also, as I pointed out, the survival of a species is not dependent on every single member procreating.
And, on another note, we do not have enough information to rule out the possibility that homosexuality occurs because it carries a benefit to the species. Yet we have ruled out that it is harmful to the species.
The onus is on your side to prove there is anything wrong with it or that it is "a choice".
So a disease has to kill someone to count? Like Down Syndrome? Bi-Polar Disorder? Anti-Social disorders? Anxiety?

The "onus" isn't on me to prove anything. It's pretty obvious to anyone capable of rational thought to see it. Someone who has chosen homosexuality has obviously established they don't fall into that category.

Location hidden

#85018 Mar 31, 2013
Twiigs_n_b3rriez wrote:
<quoted text> PS> I'm not surprised, I'd just like to put a voice out there for EVERYONE ELSE who is afraid to be who they are or feel ashamed of themselves when there is absolutely NO REASON TO. God made us perfect, just the way we are, and those people who have to hear BS from you and others shouldn't be discouraged because of your ignorance and lack of knowledge or better yet I say "truth" that only we know apart from the lies that you religious hypocrites do not understand, and therefore you fear it. Have a blessed day.
Yeah. It's too bad that people with mental illnesses feel the need to hide. They should seek help.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#85019 Mar 31, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you smoke crack?
We naturally mate to preserve the species. We pack for protection and communal support. These are to promote the species. As technology has advanced, these things change but still exist. We're naturally wired to reproduce and support the species.
We can have illness or disease that changes these drives. We can choose to ignore them. There is no third option. Homosexuality is either a disease or a choice in all cases.
No, I don't smoke crack. Do you?

I'm left-handed. Is that a disease?
I'm an identical twin (and YES, my twin is gay). Is that a disease?

My homosexuality does nothing to threaten the population's sustainability, so your argument is just plain rubbish.

Again, please name the date and hour that you chose to be straight.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#85021 Mar 31, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
So a disease has to kill someone to count? Like Down Syndrome? Bi-Polar Disorder? Anti-Social disorders? Anxiety?
The "onus" isn't on me to prove anything. It's pretty obvious to anyone capable of rational thought to see it. Someone who has chosen homosexuality has obviously established they don't fall into that category.
Sorry Sparky, but the onus IS on you. If you're going to make the claim that homosexuality is a choice, boldly flying in the face of medical opinion, then you'd better be prepared to back it up with some real facts.

Since: Aug 11

Santa Cruz, CA

#85023 Mar 31, 2013
Gary wrote:
Hi Twiigs:
I am sure you can hear all kinds of stories such as what you have said the sodomites who died and went to heaven and came back to tell us about it.
I am sorry but God's word is very clear on this issue God tells us that it is appointed unto man to die ONCE and after that the judgment.
Many can have dreams and on their death bed most are heavely medicated and think they went here or there and seen their other unsaved freinds maybe they seen [cut throat Joe] up there also I don't know but I know they were not in heaven this I know because the Bible does not speak about this and once the word the Bible was finished God warns us not to add nor take away from what is written in His word or the plagues that are written in this book will be added unto them, read Rev. 22:18-19, this will help if your a true searcher of the word seeking truth. Now it is a real blessing to have the whole council of God because how would we know if this dream, vision, or tongue was from God or not? We can know because the Bible is the whole word of God.
Maybe the person has eaten to many hot tomolies I don't know but I do know it was not God they saw and if they die in this state they will see an angel alright but it will be the angel of light who comes looking and sounding like Christ so much so if it were possible they would decieve the very elect, Matthew 24:24, 2 Cor. 11:13-15.
Once a person truly has died where his soul is no longer there it is to late sure some had their heart stop but they came back it does not mean their soul has left the body we know this cannot be because to be absent from the body for the believer is to be present with the Lord. He will not come back down in this mess after God took him home with him in heaven why he would be greived to death. I am sorry no one after the Bible was completed had died and came back to life to talk about heaven. Now we hear all kinds of stories and I read many of them but I can see there is very little to no scripture for sure no scripture to support this conclusion I am sorry to say but it is better to listen to God rather than man for God is much wiser than man this is why I quoted Romans 1, for all here to ponder and to check out there is more concerning this sin in Lev. also. God calls this sin an abomination. Now the test is, will I believe what God says or what I believe? As the TV comerical would say sometime this is a test, in the next sixty seconds you will experiece this test of the broad cast system. Well, this is your life and your under a test and in the next? you will come into judgment or eternal life who will you believe God or man? God's word is putting all of us to this test so please don't feel that your being singled out here. Our whole life is open to the eyes of God who knows our thoughts and the very intents of our thoughts so who do we think we are really are fooling? We sure cannot put one over on the Lord for every knee and tongue confess that Jesus is Lord to the glory of God the Father this will happen if we believe this or not time will tell. Again, thank you for your input. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15.
<quoted text>
Sorry Gary. There is no such thing as God's Word. It is clear that men wrote the Bible. Using Bronze Age Myth for important decisions is foolish.

Location hidden

#85024 Mar 31, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't smoke crack. Do you?
I'm left-handed. Is that a disease?
I'm an identical twin (and YES, my twin is gay). Is that a disease?
My homosexuality does nothing to threaten the population's sustainability, so your argument is just plain rubbish.
Again, please name the date and hour that you chose to be straight.
Sustainability is inherent on the individual level. It's absence is a choice or a disease.

I no more choose to be straight than I did to choose to breathe. It's natural. It's absence is a choice or an illness.

Location hidden

#85025 Mar 31, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Sparky, but the onus IS on you. If you're going to make the claim that homosexuality is a choice, boldly flying in the face of medical opinion, then you'd better be prepared to back it up with some real facts.
Sorry sparkette, but repeating that doesn't make it so.

I've established it in a way anyone without a mental illness can understand.

“LOL STFU”

Since: Mar 13

Funky Town

#85026 Mar 31, 2013
The bible also says that its ok for a man to stick his fingers in his daughter's vagina to see if she's a virgin.

“LOL STFU”

Funky Town

#85027 Mar 31, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
AIDS is natural, too. What's your point? That we all have it?
Are you an idiot? You say that Men are made for women and that's because of procreation and that only men and women are natural?

Explain to me how an infinite population (through reproduction) is natural on a planet which does NOT have infinite resources to support it? That is not natural at all. Dumbass.

“LOL STFU”

Funky Town

#85028 Mar 31, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sustainability is inherent on the individual level. It's absence is a choice or a disease.
I no more choose to be straight than I did to choose to breathe. It's natural. It's absence is a choice or an illness.
And here is your downfall, idiot. People who have a homosexual orientation do no more to choose to be homosexual than they choose to breathe. It's natural.

Funny how a fully grown man like you actually believes in magical sky fairies and stupid illogical stories from a 2000 year old book which doesn't even make good toilet paper. Aren't you embarrassed?

Location hidden

#85029 Mar 31, 2013
LOL_GTFO wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you an idiot? You say that Men are made for women and that's because of procreation and that only men and women are natural?
Explain to me how an infinite population (through reproduction) is natural on a planet which does NOT have infinite resources to support it? That is not natural at all. Dumbass.
A population is limited to the habitats ability o support it.

Ask someone to help you understand that concept.

Since: Aug 11

Santa Cruz, CA

#85030 Mar 31, 2013
LOL_GTFO wrote:
The bible also says that its ok for a man to stick his fingers in his daughter's vagina to see if she's a virgin.
And a rapist must marry his victim. Nice book.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
EMIRGAN indesit Beyaz Esya 299 I5 34 Servisi is... 4 min hizmetlerimizservis 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Stilgar Fifrawi 774,110
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 min Lyndi 175,559
istinye indesit SERVISI TELEFON 299 I5 34 Yenik... 12 min hizmetlerimizservis 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min USA Born 559,062
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 15 min BhuvanS 1,251
YENIKÖY – INDESIT Servis 299 I5 34 Servisi Yeni... 24 min hizmetlerimizservis 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Epiphany2 604,842
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Barnsweb 441,758
More from around the web