59,181 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Expert in All Things

Redding, CA

#84984 Mar 30, 2013
Twiigs_n_b3rriez wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry, I didn't choose to be gay, that's just the way I have been since as long as I can remember. Never liked girls, not one bit. Not sexually, not emotionally, not at all. Now the oposite of what I just said applies to guys. Please explain to me how I knew I liked boys before I even went through puberty... and don't gimme those bullshit stories like you were molested, raised wrong, blah, blah ,blah, etc, etc. And don't sit their and tell me anything before you have 100% absolutely definitive proof (that means not "the Bible says so" bull crap. And please explain to me why conversion therapy never worked or any other method you can think of because I have put 110% effort into those scams and NONE of them worked. There all garbage and don't work.
I didn't choose to be normal, but thank God it turned out that way.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#84985 Mar 30, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean exactly?
Here you go:

http://therebuker.files.wordpress.com/2008/08...
Adam

Germany

#84987 Mar 30, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
Get off my my way. You disgusts me.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#84988 Mar 30, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Get off my my way. You disgusts me.
oh sweet pea, I've never once clicked on any link you've posted, and I don't intend to start now. thanks for clicking on my links, however. sucker.
Adam

Germany

#84989 Mar 30, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
oh sweet pea, I've never once clicked on any link you've posted, and I don't intend to start now. thanks for clicking on my links, however. sucker.
Are you kidding me? Why do you always reply on my comments? Pls lie again.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#84990 Mar 30, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding me? Why do you always reply on my comments? Pls lie again.
I'm not sure that my taunts really qualify as replies, but I have never clicked on a link that you've posted.
Adam

Germany

#84991 Mar 30, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure that my taunts really qualify as replies, but I have never clicked on a link that you've posted.
I have never asked you to do this but I am sure you did it. Lie one more time.

“Wild WILD West”

Location hidden

#84996 Mar 31, 2013
Sodomy IS a sin!
Sodomy IS homosexuality!

Sodomy and Homosexuality in Medieval Europe
The word 'homosexuality' is a relatively modern invention1, but the practice itself is ancient. What we today would class as homosexual activities were par for the course in Ancient Greece and not unheard of in other classical civilisations by any stretch of the imagination. They also existed in the middle ages.

Sodomy
As mentioned above, the word 'homosexuality' did not exist in the middle ages. Instead, medieval writers used the term 'sodomy' to cover a multitude of what were considered to be 'sins'. The word generally had a much broader definition than the one we use today. For example, it could include heterosexual anal intercourse and oral sex as well as various homosexual acts. Other terms used included euphemisms such as **'sins against nature' or 'contrary to nature'.

One reason male homosexual sex was condemned as contrary to nature was because it meant that one of the men must take the passive sexual role – that which is most commonly performed by women in heterosexual sex. This was seen as unnatural and womanly, and therefore not acceptable for men. For the same reason, heterosexual sex with the woman on top was condemned, though part of this feeling may also have been due to a perceived lack of control during sex.

These euphemisms were used because sodomy (whether homosexual or heterosexual) prevented conception from occurring and was therefore seen as unnatural and against God. This is one of the main reasons why homosexuality and sodomy were so vilified by the Church2 - sodomy of all kinds (including homosexuality) was considered to be a sin.
In the late 13th Century, sodomites began to be viewed, even by the general public, as being in league with devils and demons. Homosexuality and sodomy are also condemned in the Bible, including Leviticus 18:22:'Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind it is abomination', providing another strong reason for the opposition of the Church. Non-homosexuals would have followed the Church's belief that such actions were against God.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/dna/place-lancashire/pl...

The Different Types of Those Who Sin Against Nature

Four types of this form of criminal wickedness can be distinguished in an effort to show you the totality of the whole matter in and orderly way: some sine with themselves alone [masturbation]; some by the hands of others [mutual masturbation]; others between the thighs [interfemoral intercourse]; and finally, others commit the complete act against nature [anal intercourse]. The ascending gradation among these is such that the last mentioned are judged to be more serious that the preceding.

Indeed a greater penance is imposed on those who fall with others than those who defile only themselves; and those who complete the act are to be judged more severely than those who are defiled through femoral fornication.

The devil's artful fraud devises these degrees of failing into ruin such that the higher the level the unfotyunate soul reaches in them, the deeper it sinks in the depths of hell's pit.

http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/source/homo-da...

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#84997 Mar 31, 2013
Gary wrote:
Hi Adam:
Thank you for your input. It is truly so sad to see what is taking place in this Nation of ours, we are seeing the laws of God being broken by placing the law of God with the law of man. Let God be true and every man a liar! When man in his pride thinks he is wiser than God then you can be sure that the judgment of God will fall on the nation that rebels against a Holy God.
Take for example, remember when 911 hit this nation? What was the [three words] that was being posted on stikers and such? Does anyone rembember? Man forgets very quick do they not? Here this nation was devasted more people were killed that day since the civil war on our own land sad to say. What was those three words? Yes, it was [God bless America] that is an odd thing to say I thought after being hit like this. Are they hoping God will bless America or were they not sure? Was this a question mark?[God bless America?] You see most do not know this but in their subconscience they were hoping and saying God is still on our side is He not? God is still going to bless America is He not?
Here it has been just a dozen years ago and look how far we have come? We are like that frog in water are we not? We are mocking God by telling God this abomination as it was in the days of Lot so shall it be when the Son of man returns. There was the Hittites, the Moabites, the Jebusites, the Cananites, and in Lots day the sodomites, this is where the name came from [sodomy] from [Sodom] God tells us that Lot was vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked so much so when the two messengers came to take Lot and his family out of Sodom where was Lot? Yes, he was out side the gate of the city he was just so vexed and greived with the sin of Sodom, fact is, Lot was so scared when he left Sodom to go to another city called Zoar he did not stay because he was afraid God would destroy this city also so he fled into the mountains. Looks like it is getting this bad here soon? Thank you. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15.
<quoted text>
If you remember, Lot also offered his virgin daughters to a crowd of horny rapists. I would not necessarily read much in the way of morality into that book.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

What kills me is that people constantly say we are no long under Levitical law yet they constantly cite those old books as a reason to hate homosexuals. There was a preacher in Kansas, Kurtis Knapp, who said the government should be killing gays. He cites Leviticus.

Is this the kind of moral thinking that you believe we should be following? Turning our daughters out to be raped and lending our tax money to murdering homosexuals?

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/05/30/kansas-...

It's kinda nuts.

Instead, recognize that human beings come in all flavors and gay is one of them. Deal with that fact, live in peace, and let others do the same.

Location hidden

#84998 Mar 31, 2013
I'm sorry, that was Curtis Knapp. Still a jackass either way you spell it.

Location hidden

#84999 Mar 31, 2013
Trinite wrote:
Sodomy IS a sin!
Sodomy IS homosexuality!
Sodomy and Homosexuality in Medieval Europe
The word 'homosexuality' is a relatively modern invention1, but the practice itself is ancient. What we today would class as homosexual activities were par for the course in Ancient Greece and not unheard of in other classical civilisations by any stretch of the imagination. They also existed in the middle ages.
Sodomy
As mentioned above, the word 'homosexuality' did not exist in the middle ages. Instead, medieval writers used the term 'sodomy' to cover a multitude of what were considered to be 'sins'. The word generally had a much broader definition than the one we use today. For example, it could include heterosexual anal intercourse and oral sex as well as various homosexual acts. Other terms used included euphemisms such as **'sins against nature' or 'contrary to nature'.
One reason male homosexual sex was condemned as contrary to nature was because it meant that one of the men must take the passive sexual role – that which is most commonly performed by women in heterosexual sex. This was seen as unnatural and womanly, and therefore not acceptable for men. For the same reason, heterosexual sex with the woman on top was condemned, though part of this feeling may also have been due to a perceived lack of control during sex.
These euphemisms were used because sodomy (whether homosexual or heterosexual) prevented conception from occurring and was therefore seen as unnatural and against God. This is one of the main reasons why homosexuality and sodomy were so vilified by the Church2 - sodomy of all kinds (including homosexuality) was considered to be a sin.
In the late 13th Century, sodomites began to be viewed, even by the general public, as being in league with devils and demons. Homosexuality and sodomy are also condemned in the Bible, including Leviticus 18:22:'Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind it is abomination', providing another strong reason for the opposition of the Church. Non-homosexuals would have followed the Church's belief that such actions were against God.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/dna/place-lancashire/pl...
The Different Types of Those Who Sin Against Nature
Four types of this form of criminal wickedness can be distinguished in an effort to show you the totality of the whole matter in and orderly way: some sine with themselves alone [masturbation]; some by the hands of others [mutual masturbation]; others between the thighs [interfemoral intercourse]; and finally, others commit the complete act against nature [anal intercourse]. The ascending gradation among these is such that the last mentioned are judged to be more serious that the preceding.
Indeed a greater penance is imposed on those who fall with others than those who defile only themselves; and those who complete the act are to be judged more severely than those who are defiled through femoral fornication.
The devil's artful fraud devises these degrees of failing into ruin such that the higher the level the unfotyunate soul reaches in them, the deeper it sinks in the depths of hell's pit.
http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/source/homo-da...
You realize the first article you link to does not support your opening claim. It is a reasonable article from a reasonable source, not some knuckle-dragging Fundie source.

The second article is chuckle-worthy. I gotta get me some "interfemoral intercourse"! lol

Of course you might be doing sarcasm here. If so, bravo.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#85000 Mar 31, 2013
Twiigs_n_b3rriez wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry, I didn't choose to be gay, that's just the way I have been since as long as I can remember. Never liked girls, not one bit. Not sexually, not emotionally, not at all. Now the oposite of what I just said applies to guys. Please explain to me how I knew I liked boys before I even went through puberty... and don't gimme those bullshit stories like you were molested, raised wrong, blah, blah ,blah, etc, etc. And don't sit their and tell me anything before you have 100% absolutely definitive proof (that means not "the Bible says so" bull crap. And please explain to me why conversion therapy never worked or any other method you can think of because I have put 110% effort into those scams and NONE of them worked. There all garbage and don't work.
You didn't like boys before you went through puberty. You're making things up to support your agenda.

Location hidden

#85001 Mar 31, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans aren't "made" heterosexual! Where's your proof of this, Grunt?
You didn't have to choose your heterosexuality because it is innately who your are. I didn't choose to be gay, because it is innately who I am. In fact, I refused to accept it for many years. My life was hell. The day I looked in the mirror and became honest with myself was the first day on my road to total contentment.
Believe it's a choice, if you will, but you should also realize it makes you look like a total fool.
Do you smoke crack?

We naturally mate to preserve the species. We pack for protection and communal support. These are to promote the species. As technology has advanced, these things change but still exist. We're naturally wired to reproduce and support the species.

We can have illness or disease that changes these drives. We can choose to ignore them. There is no third option. Homosexuality is either a disease or a choice in all cases.

Location hidden

#85002 Mar 31, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't like boys before you went through puberty. You're making things up to support your agenda.
Sounds like you are making things up to support your agenda. How in the world can you possibly know what another person thinks or feels?

At what point did you begin to "like" people of the opposite sex? Was that a conscious choice you made?

How do you think a person "chooses" what to like and what not to like? What's the mechanism involved in such a choice?

Show your data, your sources, and your reasoning. A naked assertion is worthless.

Location hidden

#85003 Mar 31, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you are making things up to support your agenda. How in the world can you possibly know what another person thinks or feels?
At what point did you begin to "like" people of the opposite sex? Was that a conscious choice you made?
How do you think a person "chooses" what to like and what not to like? What's the mechanism involved in such a choice?
Show your data, your sources, and your reasoning. A naked assertion is worthless.
No, as I stated, you're making things up to support your agenda.

Liking the opposite sex is as natural as breathing, as I also sated. I never had to make a conscious choice to breathe OR like the opposite sex. I can choose to hold my breath, though.

Location hidden

#85004 Mar 31, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you smoke crack?
We naturally mate to preserve the species. We pack for protection and communal support. These are to promote the species. As technology has advanced, these things change but still exist. We're naturally wired to reproduce and support the species.
We can have illness or disease that changes these drives. We can choose to ignore them. There is no third option. Homosexuality is either a disease or a choice in all cases.
Homosexuality occurs naturally in people and has no ill effects on the individual. Since it only occurs in less than 10% of the population it really has no impact on the sustainability of the species.

Evolution has not selected against it and there is no evidence that it ever would. So in a sense it is a human trait no different from having red hair.

About 4% of people in Europe have red hair. That's even more rare than being gay.

So is red hair a disease or a choice?

Location hidden

#85005 Mar 31, 2013
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, as I stated, you're making things up to support your agenda.
Liking the opposite sex is as natural as breathing, as I also sated. I never had to make a conscious choice to breathe OR like the opposite sex. I can choose to hold my breath, though.
Having some degree of sexual attraction is natural. The gender and other qualities of the type of person you are attracted to is not rigidly written into that natural sexual attraction.

In other words, you are confusing the fact that we all get off on something with your personal opinion that it *should* always be heterosexual.

The fallacy is that since we only procreate by paring egg and sperm there can be no alternate natural sexual identities.

But clearly this in not true.

I do not understand how a person could deny that being gay is natural and still have enough brain cells to not walk into traffic.

Location hidden

#85006 Mar 31, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality occurs naturally in people and has no ill effects on the individual. Since it only occurs in less than 10% of the population it really has no impact on the sustainability of the species.
Evolution has not selected against it and there is no evidence that it ever would. So in a sense it is a human trait no different from having red hair.
About 4% of people in Europe have red hair. That's even more rare than being gay.
So is red hair a disease or a choice?
Red hair is irrelevant to the development of a species. Blue eyes? Same. Cancer hasn't been selected by evolution, either. Doesn't make it any less of a disease.

Location hidden

#85007 Mar 31, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Having some degree of sexual attraction is natural. The gender and other qualities of the type of person you are attracted to is not rigidly written into that natural sexual attraction.
In other words, you are confusing the fact that we all get off on something with your personal opinion that it *should* always be heterosexual.
The fallacy is that since we only procreate by paring egg and sperm there can be no alternate natural sexual identities.
But clearly this in not true.
I do not understand how a person could deny that being gay is natural and still have enough brain cells to not walk into traffic.
AIDS is natural, too. What's your point? That we all have it?

Location hidden

#85010 Mar 31, 2013
Twiigs_n_b3rriez wrote:
<quoted text> Nope. Unfortunately for you, MR. Know-It-All, I actually did like boys before I was through puberty. I can remember thinking at ages 4 and 5 when I was in elementary school that I had feelings towards other males so how about you stop making up things to support YOUR AGENDA because if anyone is in DENIAL, it's all you wanna be self righteous hypocrites. You didn't live my life for me, so you damn well can't tell me what I have and have not experienced for myself. You douches will take any drastic measure you can to make people buy into your BULL(that just so happens to be a "BELIEF" and not a "FACT"). Guess what... I'M NOT BUYING IT!
Live your life however you'd like. Never did I say you shouldn't. You can even lie about it if you'd like. I don't know why you are surprised when people call you on it, though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min SlEiNaDkCiRtDaP 647,068
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min ATHEOI 49,601
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 49 min Steve III 44,730
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr The Hangman 971,823
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr WasteWater 2,116
Breaking! Hillary Clinton Scheduled To Meet Wit... 1 hr Hiddn Numbrz 1
Russia to be TOP EXPORTER of Non-GMO Foods 2 hr Hiddn Numbrz 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr ChristineM 445,761
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 5 hr Jockfullonutz 28
More from around the web