Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#83570 Mar 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
As a prophet his mission to "modify certain aspects of laws given to Moses"....a modification is separate from abolition.
Jesus did not abolish the laws of Moses.
That "service" was done by St. Paul the self claimed 13th Apostle of Jesus Christ.
It was St. Paul who said "Law was a curse and now we are free from the curse".
It was St. Paul who said "If you circumcise, you will get nothing from Jesus".
You are putting the blame on wrong door, my dear.
Then he lied. The law was changed by him.

Self proclaimed Apostle? You must be kidding me.

Paul is nothing more than "the word of Paul." Paul carries no weight.

Circumcision also changed the law.

It seems you are arguing against yourself here bro.

Location hidden

#83571 Mar 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, you only confirm you are a blonde ignorant about Biblical theology. I'd suggest you read some balanced sources..,
Please, what did Jesus change about divorce?
Here is one of many passages that explain the purpose of the Law. Others explain the change. Hebrews would be a good example.
Galatians 3:2-12 (MSG)
2 Let me put this question to you: How did your new life begin? Was it by working your heads off to please God? Or was it by responding to God's Message to you?
3 Are you going to continue this craziness? For only crazy people would think they could complete by their own efforts what was begun by God. If you weren't smart enough or strong enough to begin it, how do you suppose you could perfect it?
4 Did you go through this whole painful learning process for nothing? It is not yet a total loss, but it certainly will be if you keep this up!
5 Answer this question: Does the God who lavishly provides you with his own presence, his Holy Spirit, working things in your lives you could never do for yourselves, does he do these things because of your strenuous moral striving or because you trust him to do them in you?
6 Don't these things happen among you just as they happened with Abraham? He believed God, and that act of belief was turned into a life that was right with God.
7 Is it not obvious to you that persons who put their trust in Christ (not persons who put their trust in the law!) are like Abraham: children of faith?
8 It was all laid out beforehand in Scripture that God would set things right with non-Jews by faith. Scripture anticipated this in the promise to Abraham: "All nations will be blessed in you."
9 So those now who live by faith are blessed along with Abraham, who lived by faith—this is no new doctrine!
10 And that means that anyone who tries to live by his own effort, independent of God, is doomed to failure. Scripture backs this up: "Utterly cursed is every person who fails to carry out every detail written in the Book of the law."
11 The obvious impossibility of carrying out such a moral program should make it plain that no one can sustain a relationship with God that way. The person who lives in right relationship with God does it by embracing what God arranges for him. Doing things for God is the opposite of entering into what God does for you. Habakkuk had it right: "The person who believes God, is set right by God—and that's the real life."
12 Rule-keeping does not naturally evolve into living by faith, but only perpetuates itself in more and more rule-keeping, a fact observed in Scripture: "The one who does these things [rule-keeping]continues to live by them."
The Law had many requirements. Jesus disregarded many yet said the following.

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

Paul, the self proclaimed Apostle, carries no weight.

Jesus lied. He changed the Law.

Since: Nov 10

Powellton WV

#83576 Mar 10, 2013
arctlc wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the profile, buttwiper.
I did.

It was stupid;)

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#83577 Mar 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
As a prophet his mission to "modify certain aspects of laws given to Moses"....a modification is separate from abolition.
Jesus did not abolish the laws of Moses.
That "service" was done by St. Paul the self claimed 13th Apostle of Jesus Christ.
It was St. Paul who said "Law was a curse and now we are free from the curse".
It was St. Paul who said "If you circumcise, you will get nothing from Jesus".
You are putting the blame on wrong door, my dear.
What about this?

Luke 11:46
Jesus replied,“And you experts in the law, woe to you, because you load people down with burdens they can hardly carry, and you yourselves will not lift one finger to help them.

And this?
47 “Woe to you, because you build tombs for the prophets, and it was your ancestors who killed them. 48 So you testify that you approve of what your ancestors did; they killed the prophets, and you build their tombs. 49 Because of this, God in his wisdom said,‘I will send them prophets and apostles, some of whom they will kill and others they will persecute.’ 50 Therefore this generation will be held responsible for the blood of all the prophets that has been shed since the beginning of the world, 51 from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah, who was killed between the altar and the sanctuary. Yes, I tell you, this generation will be held responsible for it all.

Basically Jesus was saying the written Law was shit.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#83578 Mar 10, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Then he lied. The law was changed by him.
Self proclaimed Apostle? You must be kidding me.
Paul is nothing more than "the word of Paul." Paul carries no weight.
Circumcision also changed the law.
It seems you are arguing against yourself here bro.
Jesus didn't lie. He was speaking only of the Ten Commandments. He did not approve the Law of Moses.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#83579 Mar 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Allan, you begin by leaving out the last words of Jesus to the adulterous woman. Words that undermine your assertion.
Everything you say in between is similar gay twirl that needs a Paul Harvey 'rest of the story' and Fox News 'fact check'.
You end with a another slimy distortion about harm.
Of course two men kissing harms no one. However, if we go to the most intimate expression of gay men, the imitation of natural intercourse, we find that anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
Smirk.
The point of the story of the adulterous woman does serve the point, though. The point is, and I am just guessing here because I never met Jesus, and I know how to read passages. Jesus would not want people to be fighting over such trivial matters. Peace & love, unconditionally. That is what a god is, to me.

Fact check? Check everything I stated. Harmful? Is it your life? Does it effect the communities in which it occurs? To say it does, is naive. And hateful.

People twist the words of the Bible to meet their own believes, period.

Either way, I was correct. The Bible , if read correctly, will not support this disgusting treatment of others.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#83580 Mar 10, 2013
Allan Watts wrote:
<quoted text>
The point of the story of the adulterous woman does serve the point, though. The point is, and I am just guessing here because I never met Jesus, and I know how to read passages. Jesus would not want people to be fighting over such trivial matters. Peace & love, unconditionally. That is what a god is, to me.
Fact check? Check everything I stated. Harmful? Is it your life? Does it effect the communities in which it occurs? To say it does, is naive. And hateful.
Either way, I was correct. The Bible , if read correctly, will not support this disgusting treatment of others.
It is what it is. The story provokes thought. Your thought and inspiration is as good or better than any other.

Bravo!!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Location hidden

#83581 Mar 10, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
The Law had many requirements. Jesus disregarded many yet said the following.
17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.
Paul, the self proclaimed Apostle, carries no weight.
Jesus lied. He changed the Law.
Thank you for your uneducated, unsupported opinion.

Again.

Smile.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#83582 Mar 10, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus didn't lie. He was speaking only of the Ten Commandments. He did not approve the Law of Moses.
You need to read the BIBLE and learn the truth.

Location hidden

#83583 Mar 10, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
What about this?
Jesus replied,“And you experts in the law, woe to you, because you load people down with burdens they can hardly carry, and you yourselves will not lift one finger to help them.
And this?
47 “Woe to you, because you build tombs for the prophets, and it was your ancestors who killed them. 48 So you testify that you approve of what your ancestors did; they killed the prophets, and you build their tombs. 49 Because of this, God in his wisdom said,‘I will send them prophets and apostles, some of whom they will kill and others they will persecute.’ 50 Therefore this generation will be held responsible for the blood of all the prophets that has been shed since the beginning of the world, 51 from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah, who was killed between the altar and the sanctuary. Yes, I tell you, this generation will be held responsible for it all.
Basically Jesus was saying the written Law was shit.
Read your passages again. Basically Jesus said the way they responded to the Law was shit.

This is what He said about the Law; The whole Law is fulfilled in these two commandments; Love God and love others. In other words, every point of the Law was directed to that end.

Smile.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#83584 Mar 10, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
What about this?
And this?
Basically Jesus was saying the written Law was ........
No He (Yehoshua) not Jesus, was talking about the rules that man had put over the Torah, If Yehoshua had gone against the Torah then he would have sinned which He did not.

Location hidden

#83585 Mar 10, 2013
Allan Watts wrote:
<quoted text>
If the point of the story was unconditional love, then why did Jesus judge the accusers and the adulterous woman?

I'd suggest the moral is self-righteous judgment.

Here is another fact check for your excuse of deceit;

"Half a truth is often a great lie." Benjamin Franklin

Smile.

Location hidden

#83586 Mar 10, 2013
You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to read the BIBLE and learn the truth.
Why? The Bible is not a book of truth.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#83587 Mar 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

----------

If the point of the story was unconditional love, then why did Jesus judge the accusers and the adulterous woman?

I'd suggest the moral is self-righteous judgment.

Here is another fact check for your excuse of deceit;

"Half a truth is often a great lie." Benjamin Franklin

Smile.
You are both wrong, the point of the situation is that Yehosua was asked to judge a situation which according to Torah he was not able to do, He kept the Torah and did not place judgement on the woman. According to Torah both the man and woman had to be accused by a witness, there is a stick process to go through, the Sanhedrin were trying to get him to break a Torah commandment which he did not do.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#83588 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
No He (Yehoshua) not Jesus, was talking about the rules that man had put over the Torah, If Yehoshua had gone against the Torah then he would have sinned which He did not.
The dietary Laws and divorce laws are written in Torah. Jesus contradicted those teachings which means he went against Torah. Sin is a separate issue.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#83589 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
You are both wrong, the point of the situation is that Yehosua was asked to judge a situation which according to Torah he was not able to do, He kept the Torah and did not place judgement on the woman. According to Torah both the man and woman had to be accused by a witness, there is a stick process to go through, the Sanhedrin were trying to get him to break a Torah commandment which he did not do.
Correct. There was no justice because the man was nowhere to be seen.

Bravo. You got this one partially right.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#83590 Mar 10, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? The Bible is not a book of truth.
You may make any claim you want it will not change the truth, the BIBLE is a book of facts and truth.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#83591 Mar 10, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. There was no justice because the man was nowhere to be seen.
Bravo. You got this one partially right.
No Complete right.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#83592 Mar 10, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
The dietary Laws and divorce laws are written in Torah. Jesus contradicted those teachings which means he went against Torah. Sin is a separate issue.
Where did Yehoshua contradict either the dietary Laws and divorce Laws.

By the way sin is a contravention of the Torah, simple as that.

Location hidden

#83593 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
You may make any claim you want it will not change the truth, the BIBLE is a book of facts and truth.
The flood was physically impossible.

The world is 4.5 billion years old.

Noah could neither collect nor feed and look after all the world's animals.

You call this nonsense fact and truth?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min Joyful8118 854,288
Hitting A Woman? 21 min Burke Devlin 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 30 min AntiqueAnnie 612,603
technogiants giveaway 36 min Jady 1
"Hey!!!! Do you think I have an ODD-SHAPED HEAD... 50 min Rosa_Winkel 21
Sex with demon possessed doll 54 min Electric Kool-Aid 44
is god black or white? and why? (Oct '08) 1 hr UnderstandPeople 444
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr marge 596,039
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr ChristineM 444,197
The Christian Atheist debate 2 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 847
More from around the web