Yes

No

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#81664 Jan 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Yes, like GWB the Great, you have simple one track mind.
He "came to the same conclusion" while watching the fall of WTC from "his hole in the basement of White House"…. Too terrified to come out for fear of his life…
And when he came out, he started his "war on terrorism" which has consumed millions of life as on date and how many more….time will tell.
Start of Story!! Dumbo!!
I looked at all the stuff out there. Your ad homimen attack only makes you look like a bigger jackass.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#81665 Jan 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Ans.
Sodomy refers to the practice of people of Sodom and Gomorrah , who "invented" the act of Satisfying their sexual desires by "going into men, instead of their wives".
You really don't know as much as you imagine yourself to dear. The word sodomy was coined as a reference to not merely same sex sexual acts, but those committed by people of the opposite sex as well. The reason for this was Sodom's association with sexual immorality by Jude. Christians in the Middle Ages did overreact more to same sex sexual acts than they did to such acts committed by the opposite sex in most instances, but all such acts were considered the sexual sins of the Sodomites. The notion that it is only a condemnation of same sex sexual acts is relatively modern. It came about when modern Christians set to speak about the evils of "homosexuality", a concept not explored until the late 19th Century. It began with the misinterpretation of the Genesis account of what was threatened against the strangers in Lot's house as being the sexual immorality mentioned by Jude. The whole strange flesh business and all.

There are two problems with this though. An identical threat to get "to know" a man is issued by a crowd of men and boys against a Levite visiting the city of Gibeah (Judges 19-end). There it is called a death threat, not an invitation to party with the gay folk. Then there is the reality that Jude was probably referencing an entirely different story about the sexual habits of the Sodomites, one which did not make the cut into the Christian canon. In a Jewish work, well known when Jude would have written his book, the Testament of the Twelve Patriarchs, Naphtali tells the tale of it being the women of Sodom and her sister cities who had sex with angels giving birth to the race of giants in the Earth mentioned back in Genesis chapter 6, which covers both immorality and strange flesh more accurately than a death threat by gang rape that never took place, don't you think?
MUQ wrote:
This Sexual Perversion was highly disliked by God who sent Prophet Lot to these people to repent and correct their ways.
But they rejected the message of Prophet Lot and as a consequence, were utterly destroyed and the cities lie in ruin even after thousands of years.
Have you ever actually read the Bible other than in out of order bits and pieces?
Short version.
God shows up at Abraham's in Genesis in chapter 18 to let Abraham know that he's about to nuke the "wicked" place where his nephew moved in chapter 13, describing their unspecified sins as being grievous. Abraham and God strike a bargain to spare not only Sodom, but Gomorrah, Admah, Zeboim and Bela, which are usually forgotten about when discussing this story, if 10 righteous men could be found among the men of Sodom. Angels disguised as men are sent and they happen upon the one righteous man in the village, Lot. Having taken refuge in Lot's home, the house is surrounded by a crowd of men demanding to gang rape these unwelcome strangers to death. This act never takes place. The crowd is struck blind, Lot and his family get to escape if they pay attention, God commits genocide against five cities.

What were these "grievous sins"? You can find them listed by the prophet Isaiah in chapter 16 of his book. Spoiler alert, homosexuality isn't even mentioned.

this one

#81666 Jan 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
This is what is Sodomy and Lesbianism…. Do not stand before me and wave your "Modern Dictionaries" in my face.
I'm sorry hon, I didn't realize you had parked your car back in the 13th Century, it really isn't my fault that the 14th Century is too complicated for you. I'm just telling you what the people who came up with the word sodomy had in mind when they did, probably around 1300 CE. They didn't care if it was a man's or woman's mouth on that penis, it wasn't supposed to be there, or anywhere else that couldn't make a baby. The "tradition' behind your interpretation is actually less than 150 years old.
MUQ wrote:
You even do not know "what is the purpose of dictionaries". they do not "define" any word. They only "List" how people currently use these words.
Pay attention dear, I've been telling you where the word really came from and what it meant when it was first said, not how it might appear in a dictionary today.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#81667 Jan 15, 2013
mollyschamber wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello yes it is.I have nothing but respect for gay people ,not every gay person like straight people are decent but listen my friend,you are what you are and i think (not meaning to offend anyone)many of you god fearing christians have under laying issues.Let me explain,you talk to God rather than talk to your own?does that make sense.I am afraid the answers are not in the sky,they are around you.I believe in God,ofcourse i do however what this world needs is honesty.
Honesty is indeed a good thing, especially honesty with oneself. Which would probably preclude a belief in invisible friends.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#81671 Jan 16, 2013
Rick wrote:
01. You really don't know as much as you imagine yourself to dear. The word sodomy was coined as a reference to not merely same sex sexual acts, but those committed by people of the opposite sex as well...

"homosexuality", a concept not explored until the late 19th Century. It began with the misinterpretation of the Genesis account of what was threatened against the strangers in Lot's house as being the sexual immorality mentioned by Jude. The whole strange flesh business and all.

God shows up at Abraham's in Genesis in chapter 18 to let Abraham know that he's about to nuke the "wicked" place where his nephew moved in chapter 13, describing their unspecified sins as being grievous. Abraham and God strike a bargain to spare not only Sodom, but Gomorrah, Admah, Zeboim and Bela, which are usually forgotten about when discussing this story,..
What were these "grievous sins"? You can find them listed by the prophet Isaiah in chapter 16 of his book. Spoiler alert, homosexuality isn't even mentioned.

I'm sorry hon, I didn't realize you had parked your car back in the 13th Century, it really isn't my fault that the 14th Century is too complicated for you.
Ans.

01. I think it is you who are claiming to "know" more than what you really know.

To commit a crime is a lesser evil than trying to justify it and lessen the mental guilt.

02. You are trying to "justify" Sodomy and lesbianism from Bible is one such effort.

03. There is no hint in Bible, for any where that God or any of his prophets "reacted favorably" or "condoned" these acts of Sexual Perversion.

04. The people of Sodom and Gomorrah are the "first people" on this earth who "invented this type of sexual perversion"

05. God made them an example for the entire humankind for an everlasting condemnation and there is no where in Bible or sayings of any prophet of God that shows any "conciliatory" approach.

06. People are trying to "impose" their own interpretation on Biblical texts to "justify" their own lewd actions.

07. That is why they "coined" the word Gay in place of Sodomy and Lesbianism so that it "sounds better"…

08. Then they divided human kind into two groups "Heterosexual and Homosexual" as if they are two sides of the same coin!!

09. And I find that you have stooped so low, as to justify your actions on proofs from Bible itself? What if Prophet Isaiah did not mention Sodomy in "his" list of major crimes? Did he include "all sins"? Did he overrules the laws of Moses? What type of argument is this?

10. Yes I have read Bible from cover to cover at least two times and then I go thru selected portions when I need some info.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#81672 Jan 16, 2013
WW wrote:
01. Not really but you are welcome to your delusions.

The hijackers caused the building to fall. People could makes such a movie but nobody would be interested because it would be total BS.

02. I looked at all the stuff out there. Your ad homimen attack only makes you look like a bigger jackass.
Ans.

01. Where were you on the eve of 9/11? If you would have reported to GWB the Great, he would have made you his "propaganda secretary"!!

02. It seems you believe in Official Version "more" than those who wrote it!!

They used the phrases "might be" "Most probably" "In our opinion" etc…. and you use "Must" "Certainly" "Surely" "There is no doubt" etc.

You are a bigger Jackass than those who wrote that investigative report!!

One way to hide your guilt in scientific research is to flood the report with infinite mount of "Non Info" into it!!

The report could be 100,000 pages long but 99,000 pages would be datas that have no value and no connection whatever with the issue!!

USA people are the "dumbest" people on the face of earth, the people who "Re-elected" GWB the Great after "knowing" his lies to attack Iraq on false charges.

It was a real "black day" for US democracy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Miss Kreant

Clarks Summit, PA

#81673 Jan 16, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I looked at all the stuff out there. Your ad homimen attack only makes you look like a bigger jackass.
There's a reason God created Barbie and Ken, not Barbie and Steve!
Twiigs_n_b3rriez

Scranton, PA

#81674 Jan 16, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really but you are welcome to your delusions.
The hijackers caused the building to fall. People could makes such a movie but nobody would be interested because it would be total BS.
I fart up your asssniffing nose.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#81675 Jan 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. Where were you on the eve of 9/11? If you would have reported to GWB the Great, he would have made you his "propaganda secretary"!!
They used the phrases "might be" "Most probably" "In our opinion" etc…. and you use "Must" "Certainly" "Surely" "There is no doubt" etc.
One way to hide your guilt in scientific research is to flood the report with infinite mount of "Non Info" into it!!
The report could be 100,000 pages long but 99,000 pages would be datas that have no value and no connection whatever with the issue!!
USA people are the "dumbest" people on the face of earth, the people who "Re-elected" GWB the Great after "knowing" his lies to attack Iraq on false charges.
Islam is the most violent, repressive religion on earth. It is a perverted imitation of Judaism and Christianity. An illiterate, adulterous thief, Mohammad poorly copied the religions he was jealous of to fulfill his selfish desires.

To this day, there is not one Islamic country that models anything near the claims of Islam being a peaceful, tolerant, moral theocracy.

How many Muslims did Muslims rape and murder yesterday?

Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Ask Marilyn

Tilton, NH

#81676 Jan 16, 2013
Ask Marilyn: More on Rescuing Foolish People
Daniel Tucker of Wasilla, Alaska, writes:

Marilyn: I read your column without fail every Sunday. I learn from it and am entertained by it. Occasionally I am frustrated or inflamed by it. This is one of those times. The subject was whether folks who ignore evacuation orders, and are imperiled and must eventually be rescued, be charged for their rescues.(December 9, 2012) I speak from the perspective of a 35-year firefighter and retired battalion chief in Anchorage, Alaska.

Even highly trained and well-regimented rescuers are at risk of injury or death while doing the jobs they do. Untrained citizens have no business trying to out-think, out-run, out-maneuver, or survive a known peril. Emergency planners and responders spend years dissecting events of the past and situations on the horizon and use their education, knowledge, experience, and training to issue warnings of catastrophic events. Even an idiot can see that a ten-foot wave will overwhelm a eight-foot roof, but some idiots foolishly believe that their pitiful wood-framed house can sustain the impact of the wave and act like a boat to keep the water out after it hits. Concrete buildings have been demolished by hurricane-force winds or tornados. And human bodies have been washed onshore for hundreds of feet, if not miles in some on-shore events. Buildings have been crushed by snow, torrential winds, and so on.

And always, lives are then risked to "save" people who defied orders to evacuate. Risking lives to save those who ignore or, more to the point, defy evacuation orders is not only foolish—it should be illegal. Your response seems to reward those who assume that risk with an assurance that their dangerous and callous act of not evacuating is okay. Believe me when I say the most dangerous thing at a high-stakes event is a rogue or undisciplined victims. I use the term victims because if their stand doesn't work, they may die, or worse, become a person requiring rescue which—back to the start—implies that others will risk their lives to rescue them. Is it worth crashing a rescue helicopter and crew to rescue people who could have safely evacuated from the roof of a home during a storm? Really, is it? This is wrong. Foolhardy.

The last thing I ever wanted to do was to order my crews into a far-less-than-ideal situation to look for someone who wasn't supposed to be there or had no business going there in the first place.

As for the risk-takers, such as mountain climbers and high-wire-walkers, who intentionally challenge the odds, fully knowing the potential risks—they should have to buy insurance before they take their risk. They should have to pay for their rescues. They should be required to sign documents that acknowledge they have no expectation of people risking their lives to rescue these thrill-seekers. If nothing else, this part refers to the public good and public expense. I'm sick of spending thousands or, in some cases, millions to rescue someone who made a free-will choice to risk his or her life against the odds. It's just not fair.

Marilyn responds:

Thank you so much for your visceral, thoughtful response, Dan. I replied to another reader on this subject (January 1, 2013), part of which I'll repeat here. To make mandatory evacuations more effective, I suggest a stiff fine for everyone who doesn't evacuate, regardless of whether a rescue ever becomes necessary. If mandatory evacuations are accompanied by mandatory fines, the penalty will be real, not just a possibility that offenders are confident will not occur.

this one

#81678 Jan 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
O06. People are trying to "impose" their own interpretation on Biblical texts to "justify" their own lewd actions.
You in a nutshell. You have imposed an interpretation on the Sodom story that simply isn't supported by scripture to justify your lewdness of hating on us Gay folk.
MUQ wrote:
O07. That is why they "coined" the word Gay in place of Sodomy and Lesbianism so that it "sounds better"…
Another term you really don't know the history of. Gay was originally used as an insult of us. Men weren't supposed to be that "gay", don't ya know. We just appropriated that insult for our own use.
MUQ wrote:
08. Then they divided human kind into two groups "Heterosexual and Homosexual" as if they are two sides of the same coin!!
There are many sides to the human coin dear, all natural and normally occurring variations of the species. The homosexual/heterosexual dichotomy is a social construct which paves over the reality is that there is a whole lot of bisexuality in the species in between. the reality is that there are those of in the species who will be far happier living on the homosexual side than the heterosexual one according to our very nature as humans, whether you like it or not.
MUQ wrote:
09. And I find that you have stooped so low, as to justify your actions on proofs from Bible itself? What if Prophet Isaiah did not mention Sodomy in "his" list of major crimes? Did he include "all sins"? Did he overrules the laws of Moses? What type of argument is this?
Did you even bother to read what I suggested you should? Evidently not. If as what you claim, "sodomy" was the penultimate reason that God committed genocide against the cities of the plain, isn't it the least bit odd that the first of the prophets to lay out God's teachings on why he did it, didn't even mention it?

PS: Sweetie, according to the Bible, the laws weren't given to Moses until AFTER the events at Sodom. Don't you even know the basics of your own alleged faith?
MUQ wrote:
10. Yes I have read Bible from cover to cover at least two times and then I go thru selected portions when I need some info.
So the problem is that of comprehension and retention rather than complete ignorance. Sorry to hear that.

this one

#81677 Jan 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Ans.
01. I think it is you who are claiming to "know" more than what you really know.
But we both know that thinking isn't one of your stronger suits sweetie. You're more than welcome to challenge me as to what I do and do not know about the subjects at hand, if you'd like.
MUQ wrote:
To commit a crime is a lesser evil than trying to justify it and lessen the mental guilt.
Interesting thought. Considering that is what I have been saying about your attempts to rationalize your ugly beliefs based on factually inaccurate information.
MUQ wrote:
02. You are trying to "justify" Sodomy and lesbianism from Bible is one such effort.
Buttercup, the words "Sodomy" and "Lesbianism" appear NOWHERE in the Bible and as far as I know we haven't even been discussing the Bible, only your idiotic misunderstanding of the meaning of the concept of sodomy.
MUQ wrote:
03. There is no hint in Bible, for any where that God or any of his prophets "reacted favorably" or "condoned" these acts of Sexual Perversion.
If that is what you want to go before God with, good luck with that sweetie. there are of course those who have actually read the Bible and who have found an entirely different message for God's Lesbian and Gay children than the one you think you found. If I were a Christian, I'd go with their take, you really don't know what you are talking about most of the time.
MUQ wrote:
04. The people of Sodom and Gomorrah are the "first people" on this earth who "invented this type of sexual perversion"
I love how you make up your own "facts" complete with "quotes" to support them. that has got to be the silliest belief that I've read on this site in ages and around here, that takes some serious doing. Normally I would be asking for proof at this point, but this was such a brain fart on your part that there is no point. Dumpling, human beings have been committing acts of "sodomy" with one another and themselves and in some weird cases, animals that didn't out run them from the moment they found out how much fun they could have by doing so. Moron.
MUQ wrote:
05. God made them an example for the entire humankind for an everlasting condemnation and there is no where in Bible or sayings of any prophet of God that shows any "conciliatory" approach.
Yes dear, the Bible says in a number of places that God made an example of Sodom and her sisters, the problem with you is that you didn't learn the lesson He was teaching. I've even told you where to look for it a couple of posts ago and you still ain't got it.

San Francisco

#81679 Jan 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
[QUOTE]
And yet incest is clearly supported in the Bible, from Adam and Eve, Lot and his daughters, Noah and his family, and Abraham and his half-sister Serah. Yet two people of the same gender in a committed relationship are "sinful", without any more rationale for why it would be sinful than is given for condemning shellfish as an abomination. It's just the outdated prejudices of the various bronze-age authors.
And where does the Bible say that?
Yet Lot, who offered up his two virgin daughters to be gang-raped by a crowd, and who later impregnated them himself, was upheld as a righteous man. And THIS is your moral guide? Dude, take an ethics class. Seriously.
06. People are trying to "impose" their own interpretation on Biblical texts to "justify" their own lewd actions.
Oh, Heaven forbid anyone impose their own perspective on the Bible! Surely no one else has ever done THAT.
07. That is why they "coined" the word Gay in place of Sodomy and Lesbianism so that it "sounds better"…
As has been pointed out to you before, sodomy is not unique to homosexuals. Heterosexuals do it all the time, both anally and orally.
You may have read it, but if you accept it as a moral authority, then you obviously did not understand what it says.

San Francisco

#81680 Jan 16, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam is the most violent, repressive religion on earth. It is a perverted imitation of Judaism and Christianity. An illiterate, adulterous thief, Mohammad poorly copied the religions he was jealous of to fulfill his selfish desires.
To this day, there is not one Islamic country that models anything near the claims of Islam being a peaceful, tolerant, moral theocracy.
How many Muslims did Muslims rape and murder yesterday?
Smile.
Hey Smirky! Rape and murder make you smile? Are you off your meds again?

BTW, be careful about criticizing Islam; it's no crazier nor any less morally repugnant than Christianity. You would not want to be viewed as a hypocrite, would you? LOL.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#81681 Jan 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Yawn.... I agree that GWB was a horrible president. I agree that there was no reason to attack Iraq especially on the bogus WMD fallacy. None of that changes the fact that the plane were hijacked by Islamic extremists and flown into the buildings.

“unstoppable”

Since: Jul 11

Hell

#81682 Jan 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Then they divided human kind into two groups "Heterosexual and Homosexual" as if they are two sides of the same coin!!
They are. Both human beings, no different from one another.

“some...you just can't reach”

Since: Jun 08

others...you don't want to

#81683 Jan 16, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, be careful about criticizing Islam; it's no crazier nor any less morally repugnant than Christianity. You would not want to be viewed as a hypocrite, would you? LOL.
he must be heavily invested in a bbq sauce company.....he slathers that on real thick so his own words are a little more tasty....since he eats them so much...

Location hidden

#81684 Jan 16, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Support with a scoff? Only you.

Please post where Christians today killed other Christians in the name of Christianity. You won't want to be confirmed as an idiot again would you?

Smirk.

Location hidden

#81685 Jan 16, 2013
chuck69 wrote:
<quoted text>
he must be heavily invested in a bbq sauce company.....he slathers that on real thick so his own words are a little more tasty....since he eats them so much...
Hiding behind a girl, what a sissy!

Snicker.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

San Francisco

#81686 Jan 16, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Support with a scoff? Only you.
Please post where Christians today killed other Christians in the name of Christianity. You won't want to be confirmed as an idiot again would you?
Smirk.
Come on Smirky, haven't you ever cracked open a history book? Are you really completely ignorant of the long, sad history of Christian on Christian violence and murdering between squalling sects? You think that isn't going to continue?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homosexuals BLASPHEME God by their lifestyle 5 min Enter Username 2
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min June VanDerMark 550,755
Before and After 9 min Enter Username 6
Nine Eleven 10 min Enter Username 147
Pope: 'Corruption Is a Greater Evil than Sin' 13 min Enter Username 7
Moses never existed 13 min thewordofme 80
The Intense Power Behind The New World Order...... 19 min Enter Username 25
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 26 min WasteWater 262,055
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 29 min Anon 753,481
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Innocent Holy dr ... 602,754
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr Chris Clearwater 174,524

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE