<quoted text>
Nonsense.
You're soaking in it!
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#81484 Jan 8, 2013
Tawa Flares wrote:
<quoted text>
The same thing that happened to Russia, the same thing that happened to Pre WWII Germany.
No, no conspiracy whatsoever. It's all just a bad gay dream of subversion, perversion, and decadence done by Christains and Muslims. Are you an Ashkenazi?
No, maybe I'm a Balfours pie.
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#81485 Jan 8, 2013
Supra wrote:
Sin \Sin\, v. i.[imp. & p. p. Sinned; p. pr. & vb. n.
Sinning.][OE. sinnen, singen, sinegen, AS. syngian. See
Sin, n.]
1. To depart voluntarily from the path of duty prescribed by God to man
2. To violate human rights, law, or propriety; to commit an offense; to trespass; to transgress.
[1913 Webster]
Just use the second definition and let the discussion proceed from there.
Re your 2nd definition, what do u call violating the human rights of homosexuals? Like what happened to Matthew Shepard, or the ones in Iran.
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#81486 Jan 8, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't see that 'cause it ain't me.
I could believe that. You're smart enough to rebutt people without resorting to those silly icons, which don't show on my phone anyway.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#81487 Jan 8, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Bzzzt! Wrong answer.
1 Timothy 2:11-15 "11 A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man;[b] she must be quiet. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. 15 But women[c] will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety."
Interestingly, Paul here is also saying that women will be saved by being baby factories, so I guess women born barren are SOL.
Anyway, maybe you should spend more time reading that book you thump. If you really understood what it said, you'd very likely toss it away.
Bzzt.

Comprehension... women are not allowed to be in positions of authority over men in a church setting.(teaching men would be an example).

Context/conflict... your interpretation would be in conflict not only with Paul's own teaching about salvation, but every other Bible writer. It is a difficult verse, but the context indicates the important role a woman plays in bearing children and introducing them to society. You experienced both sides of this. The pain of an absent mother and the blessing of a good surrogate mother. I would suggest that situation explains much about who you are today.

Here is an example of a brief explanation of possible interpretations;

http://www.gotquestions.org/saved-childbearin...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Supra

Buffalo, NY

#81488 Jan 8, 2013
_Rosa Charteuse_

Speak English or go home and play with your dolls.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Supra

Houston, TX

#81489 Jan 8, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. I'm stupid because I asked you a question? Okaaay. Well, thanks for sharing then.
Nope. I didn't say that either.
You are really bad at this.

You are not stupid for asking questions.
You are stupid for making stupidly false assumptions smugly. Repeatedly.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#81490 Jan 8, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Bzzt.
Comprehension... women are not allowed to be in positions of authority over men in a church setting.(teaching men would be an example).
Exactly. Women are forbidden from teaching Christian ideology. They are supposed to defer to men to do that.
Context/conflict... your interpretation would be in conflict not only with Paul's own teaching about salvation, but every other Bible writer.
It's not my interpretation, it's what the Bible says. If you want to edit it, go for it. Plenty of other people have. Why do you think there are seven fewer books in the Protestant Bible than the Catholic one? IMHO the Bible could use ALOT more editing.
It is a difficult verse, but the context indicates the important role a woman plays in bearing children and introducing them to society.
I think you mean to say, separating them from society and keeping them submissive.
You experienced both sides of this. The pain of an absent mother and the blessing of a good surrogate mother. I would suggest that situation explains much about who you are today.
Um, are you talking to yourself? You know, there are meds for that.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#81491 Jan 8, 2013
Supra wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. I didn't say that either.
You are really bad at this.
You are not stupid for asking questions.
You are stupid for making stupidly false assumptions smugly. Repeatedly.
Oh I see. I'm stupid for not being able to read your mind. Well, you know, I tried the whole Vulcan mind-meld thing on you, but I just got a disconnect signal.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#81492 Jan 8, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Women are forbidden from teaching Christian ideology. They are supposed to defer to men to do that.
<quoted text>
It's not my interpretation, it's what the Bible says. If you want to edit it, go for it. Plenty of other people have. Why do you think there are seven fewer books in the Protestant Bible than the Catholic one? IMHO the Bible could use ALOT more editing.
<quoted text>
I think you mean to say, separating them from society and keeping them submissive.
<quoted text>
Um, are you talking to yourself? You know, there are meds for that.
1. Women can teach doctrine to other women and children according to the passage.

2. It is 'your' interpretation, just like your mistaken one about who women can teach.

3. There is no more important part in society than birthing it's members.

:-)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
oh me

Oakland, TN

#81493 Jan 8, 2013
Supra wrote:
#"wilderide"
<quoted text>
You are a really stupid person.
I didn't say homosexuality is a sin.
Nope. I didn't.
I don't know or care. I have homosexual friends and they say the topic of sin doesn't interest them either.
I just like to comment on false logic, of which there is plenty on all sides in this thread.
I recently had my first man on man sexual trisk. It was great and everything appeared normal until I pulled out and there was abutter bean on the tip of my pecker.

Is that legal? It sure as hell aint normal.

“The name is ironic. I'm a girl”

Since: Jan 13

Fletcher, NC &Fayetteville, NC

#81496 Jan 9, 2013
oh me wrote:
<quoted text>
I recently had my first man on man sexual trisk. It was great and everything appeared normal until I pulled out and there was abutter bean on the tip of my pecker.
Is that legal? It sure as hell aint normal.
No. Normal is lima beans. Ecological is soy beans. Tex-Mex is pinto beans.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#81499 Jan 9, 2013
Wow, setting up multiple troll accounts.

How stupid is that?

“Sole source for Jesus Bats”

Since: Jul 11

Vengeance is Mine,sayest Jesus

#81502 Jan 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Smirk.
Again with the smirk.
Not just a goofy kid, a retarded one.

Location hidden

#81503 Jan 9, 2013
TOny_the_TiGer wrote:
PESCresote wrote:
It's good to see such a sensible discussion with new points posted every day.
PESCresote wrote:
Just kiddin!
This has to be the most stagnant and repetitive thread on Topix.
Losers on both sides saying the same thing all day every day, all week every week, all month every month, all year every year.
And somehow thinking they are being convincing and even clever? Sad
This thread is here for only one reason. Well, two who keep giving it CPR every time it dies:
WasteWater septic tank and KaMar the discount magician
Two children who think they are playing that game little boys play - King Of The Hill.
And they then pretend that the stakes are the entire rainbow flag battle to be determined right here. If either one stops playing, the fate of the nation changes.
Actually, they are playing the game little girls do when they first learn to phone each other - No You Hang Up First.
What losers they both are.
How many troll accounts are you going to set up loser?

Answering your other troll account is the ultimate in stupidity.

Location hidden

#81504 Jan 9, 2013
WasteWater _ wrote:
<quoted text>
That is sooooo stupid.
Almost #"wilderide" stupid.
Almost _Rosa Chartreuse_ stupid.
Almost KaMar the discount magician stupid.
:
:
Just kidding!
Clever as all those fine posters.
Agreed. Sooooo stupid.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#81506 Jan 9, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
You left yourself out of the list douche-bag. What's up with copying handles troll?
What a Jackass.
Wow! You sure got that one right Wastey.
Ramona

Santa Cruz, CA

#81508 Jan 9, 2013
Wow. Hanging out the socks again.
Ramona

Santa Cruz, CA

#81509 Jan 9, 2013
What is this? The battle of the Sock Puppets?

Too funny.

Location hidden

#81511 Jan 9, 2013
WasteWater _ wrote:
<quoted text>
How many whines about troll accounts are you going to set up loser?
Answering anyone on this thread and expecting to influence them is the ultimate in stupidity.
I don't need too fucktard.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Buck Crick 732,790
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min Robert F 538,802
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 19 min Thinking 226,286
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 22 min Senecus 599,840
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 29 min Porkpie Hat 257,860
Difference between white masons and black masons (Apr '08) 30 min Dave 310
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 30 min ajay 738
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••