59,181 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#74870 Oct 9, 2012
TheLudeKMA wrote:
I guess if you're religious it is a sin, not really a sin if you're not religious, however the bible says mankind should not lay with mankind as he does with womankind, so what does that say about women, the bible doesn't really say that them being homosexual is a sin so what do you do then? Let them be i guess.
Hey thanks for green lighting the lesbians a lot of heterosexuals are just going to love you for it.:)

I am a bit curious though since you said it is not a sin if you are not religious then that means it is ok as long as you are not religious right ?
It is a sin only if you believe it is??
Does that work like that for all sins???

“goodbye topix”

Since: Jun 12

Im not here

#74871 Oct 9, 2012
Speed Bump on 18th wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it is not so much the omnipresence as much as the omniscience .
If any creature experiences anything at all then If God does not know what it is like to have that experience he is not all knowing,
Heya cheers for posting this. Never thought about it like that.
Sorta means God knows sin & Evils too which makes him not 100% Good?

The church group I used to be with claimed a literal interpretation and they said homosexuality was from demons, sorta failed to go into detail about the omniscience like u have. The ways I figure it from much praying (I'm not saying I'm right, just saying I prayed for personal answers) is God makes people homosexual for a reason, He doesn't do anything without reason,& each person has to try and get their own reason God has for them. As for demonic influence, personally after repeated exorcisms/marathon prayer sessions, I don't believe it can be demons/The Devil. Far as I get it The Bible is against homosexuality but doesn't specifically say it's a sin.

Since: Oct 12

Las Cruces, NM

#74873 Oct 9, 2012
<quoted text>
Hey thanks for green lighting the lesbians a lot of heterosexuals are just going to love you for it.:)
I am a bit curious though since you said it is not a sin if you are not religious then that means it is ok as long as you are not religious right ?
It is a sin only if you believe it is??
Does that work like that for all sins???
Yes you have to be religious, that's where the sin comes from, immoral behavior dictated by a religious leader at one point in time - if you're an atheist what obligation do you have towards sins...none everyone who talks about sins has some sort of religious base for their argument. Just remember that what some people classify a sin can also be a law like killing or stealing so you may not think it's a sin but you will still go to jail for it.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#74874 Oct 9, 2012
TheLudeKMA wrote:
I guess if you're religious it is a sin, not really a sin if you're not religious, however the bible says mankind should not lay with mankind as he does with womankind, so what does that say about women, the bible doesn't really say that them being homosexual is a sin so what do you do then? Let them be i guess.
It's physically impossible so who cares what the Bible trolls say?

Location hidden

#74875 Oct 9, 2012
TheLudeKMA wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you have to be religious, that's where the sin comes from, immoral behavior dictated by a religious leader at one point in time - if you're an atheist what obligation do you have towards sins...none everyone who talks about sins has some sort of religious base for their argument. Just remember that what some people classify a sin can also be a law like killing or stealing so you may not think it's a sin but you will still go to jail for it.
OK , I will remember that.:)

Location hidden

#74876 Oct 9, 2012
_Chartreuse_ wrote:
<quoted text>
The church group I used to be with claimed a literal interpretation and they said homosexuality was from demons, sorta failed to go into detail about the omniscience like u have. The ways I figure it from much praying (I'm not saying I'm right, just saying I prayed for personal answers) is God makes people homosexual for a reason, He doesn't do anything without reason,& each person has to try and get their own reason God has for them. As for demonic influence, personally after repeated exorcisms/marathon prayer sessions, I don't believe it can be demons/The Devil. Far as I get it The Bible is against homosexuality but doesn't specifically say it's a sin.
Blank stare here !
Wow you are no Bob that is for sure , you appear astute and prone toward the , profound and abstract.
This is going to require some actual thought as to the reply .

Location hidden

#74877 Oct 9, 2012
_Chartreuse_ wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a very complex question .
For one thing I would be calling Jesus a liar because he said ONLY God is good
And then of course Bob and a bunch of other folks would hop all over me like fly’s on a hot dog..

The only safe way to say it would be God is all ; he is the very source of all that exists
Nothing can exists without him because it is all a part of him.
It is all one song.
Now they will call me a new ager but no I am not ; it is generally universally accepted that the concept in new age is that we are God and that is not what I believe (* though I do believe we are gods.)
Anyway we are not God only that all that exist is a part of him ; everything in all dimensions and universes.
ALSO , in new age some things do not actually exists except as a condition and indeed science agrees with much of that for example darkness is simply the absence of light ( photons ) and evil is the absence of good.

I believe evil actually does exist so I differ in that sense as well.

Isaiah  45:7

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Understand in my belief that yes God knows what it was like for the cat that ate the bird and he knows what it was like to be eaten by a cat BUT that does not make God a cat or a bird , likewise just because he knows what a serial killer feels or his victims does not make him a serial killer or a victim.

He is simply infinitely aware and because it is apart of him ( remember if he is the source of all that exists then since only he existed in the beginning ( at one time he had to create angels and heaven Lucifer and you name it ) then all therefore must be a part of the only thing that existed .
OK my beliefs is way out there on a limb I know and really esoteric but that is what I believe.,

As to being right or wrong God only knows .
One thing is for sure , regardless of who is right all our beliefs will not change whatever the truth is as it will remain absolute and unalterable.:)

Location hidden

#74878 Oct 9, 2012
_Chartreuse_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I seriously doubt that your church group went into much detail about the literal support of verse pertaining to homosexuals being possessed,
Reason being there isn’t any that I know of .

Most of possession or demon related , religious or for that matter paranormal claims are malevolent in nature ,
Homosexuals are about as non - malevolent as it comes.
Have you ever heard of many homosexuals going out to find straight people to beat up , of course not it is the other way around if anything.

If you can please show me a verse where Jesus or any of his apostles or disciples were casting out the demons of homosexuality.
Do you not think there would be some references that would have been made and that the bible would have been clear about that?

Indeed I certainly do believe demons exist but some people see a demon here and a demon there a demon demon everywhere a demon.

:)

Location hidden

#74879 Oct 9, 2012
_Chartreuse_ wrote:
<quoted text>
The ways I figure it from much praying (I'm not saying I'm right, just saying I prayed for personal answers) is God makes people homosexual for a reason, He doesn't do anything without reason,& each person has to try and get their own reason God has for them.
Well , as i had already stated in my belief active homosexuality is a sin but that is only relative to me as to other people that is between them and God or if a non - believer then that is their choice to make not mine.

As to God making people homosexual no that is not what I believe ; for example I am Bi ' by nature ' and that is not a choice nor was it an act of God in my belief but a result of nature since the fall of Eden.

Sin or no sin , God or no GOD , Homosexuality . as with many other things All must bear the cross, but not all the same cross: each one his own.
Bob

Seattle, WA

#74880 Oct 9, 2012
<quoted text>
Well , as i had already stated in my belief active homosexuality is a sin but that is only relative to me as to other people that is between them and God or if a non - believer then that is their choice to make not mine.
As to God making people homosexual no that is not what I believe ; for example I am Bi ' by nature ' and that is not a choice nor was it an act of God in my belief but a result of nature since the fall of Eden.
Sin or no sin , God or no GOD , Homosexuality . as with many other things All must bear the cross, but not all the same cross: each one his own.
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.
Romans 6:23 - "For the wages of sin is death... "
Bob

Seattle, WA

#74881 Oct 9, 2012
<quoted text>
I seriously doubt that your church group went into much detail about the literal support of verse pertaining to homosexuals being possessed,
Most of possession or demon related , religious or for that matter paranormal claims are malevolent in nature ,
Have you ever heard of many homosexuals going out to find straight people to beat up , of course not it is the other way around if anything.
If you can please show me a verse where Jesus or any of his apostles or disciples were casting out the demons of homosexuality.
Do you not think there would be some references that would have been made and that the bible would have been clear about that?
Indeed I certainly do believe demons exist but some people see a demon here and a demon there a demon demon everywhere a demon.

Galatians 5:19-21 tells us that witchcraft is one of the 17 things listed as the lust of the flesh. Also, He tells us "that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God." Those who practice these things are not saved and will go to hell.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#74882 Oct 10, 2012
_Chartreuse_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Two thoughts.

1. I find it striking that neither the Old or New Testament try to frame homosexuality. That respects the spectrum of masculinity to femininity extremes and the varieties of GLBT's.

-It does however condemn immoral sexual behavior of any kind.
-It also establishes principles of behavior that guide the numerous variety of human issues. "Do no harm to your neighbor" would be one that the inherent harm, unhealthiness and demeaning of anal sex would violate.

2. Scripture answers your question about God's character;

Romans 9:19-21 (NASB)
19 You will say to me then, "Why does He still find fault? For who resists His will?"
20 On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, "Why did you make me like this," will it?
21 Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for common use?

The context of the passage goes into greater detail.

(To gundee; Why not post your translation?)
Rosa Winkel

Ryde, Australia

#74883 Oct 10, 2012
TheLudeKMA wrote:
Ahh, maybe that's because the men in power didn't see them as a threat, back in Old Testament times. It's often the way.

When it was illegal in the old days, the law was against buggery (legal term). Only men can commit buggery generally; and not only gay men. But definitely not lesbians.
WellNow letsSee

Branford, FL

#74884 Oct 10, 2012
Any sex outside of marriage is unwise,and since marriage is between a man and a woman,where does that leave homosexuality? Sex outside of marriage is adultery or fornication,both unwise,and homo-marriage is secular not religious so that does not count.

“What came 1st? Stupid or bigot”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#74885 Oct 10, 2012
TheLudeKMA wrote:
We, lesbians, are the chosen ones! lol

“goodbye topix”

Im not here

#74886 Oct 10, 2012
WellNow letsSee wrote:
Any sex outside of marriage is unwise,and since marriage is between a man and a woman,where does that leave homosexuality? Sex outside of marriage is adultery or fornication,both unwise,and homo-marriage is secular not religious so that does not count.
Marriage didn't used to be so complex. People got up and declared they were marrying. A commitment ceremony is like that. So my guess is that if 2 gays are exclusive and have declared their faithfulness then they're married in all but paper.

“goodbye topix”

Im not here

#74887 Oct 10, 2012
<quoted text>
That is a very complex question .
For one thing I would be calling Jesus a liar because he said ONLY God is good
And then of course Bob and a bunch of other folks would hop all over me like fly’s on a hot dog..
The only safe way to say it would be God is all ; he is the very source of all that exists
Nothing can exists without him because it is all a part of him.
It is all one song.
Now they will call me a new ager but no I am not ; it is generally universally accepted that the concept in new age is that we are God and that is not what I believe (* though I do believe we are gods.)
Anyway we are not God only that all that exist is a part of him ; everything in all dimensions and universes.
ALSO , in new age some things do not actually exists except as a condition and indeed science agrees with much of that for example darkness is simply the absence of light ( photons ) and evil is the absence of good.
I believe evil actually does exist so I differ in that sense as well.
Isaiah  45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
Understand in my belief that yes God knows what it was like for the cat that ate the bird and he knows what it was like to be eaten by a cat BUT that does not make God a cat or a bird , likewise just because he knows what a serial killer feels or his victims does not make him a serial killer or a victim.
He is simply infinitely aware and because it is apart of him ( remember if he is the source of all that exists then since only he existed in the beginning ( at one time he had to create angels and heaven Lucifer and you name it ) then all therefore must be a part of the only thing that existed .
OK my beliefs is way out there on a limb I know and really esoteric but that is what I believe.,
As to being right or wrong God only knows .
One thing is for sure , regardless of who is right all our beliefs will not change whatever the truth is as it will remain absolute and unalterable.:)
Cheers for posting this. Makes sense.

“goodbye topix”

Im not here

#74888 Oct 10, 2012
<quoted text>
Yeh, they figured the malevolence WAS the homosexuality itself not any going out being malevolent. My guess is never was any demons in me in the first place {either that or they're still there!}. Demons exist and perhaps they do make people do bad stuff and put out temptation, but why they would want to make a person fall in love with a person of the same sex, I don't know.

“goodbye topix”

Im not here

#74889 Oct 10, 2012
<quoted text>
Nature made u bi, but God made Nature. It didn't make itself.
It's not a cross to bear for some. I think every one knows themselves if they are sinning or not. I think that for some the homosexual acts are sins for others they are simply love.

“goodbye topix”

Im not here

#74890 Oct 10, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Two thoughts.
1. I find it striking that neither the Old or New Testament try to frame homosexuality. That respects the spectrum of masculinity to femininity extremes and the varieties of GLBT's.
-It does however condemn immoral sexual behavior of any kind.
-It also establishes principles of behavior that guide the numerous variety of human issues. "Do no harm to your neighbor" would be one that the inherent harm, unhealthiness and demeaning of anal sex would violate.
2. Scripture answers your question about God's character;
Romans 9:19-21 (NASB)
19 You will say to me then, "Why does He still find fault? For who resists His will?"
20 On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, "Why did you make me like this," will it?
21 Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for common use?
The context of the passage goes into greater detail.
(To gundee; Why not post your translation?)
OK, not all homosexuals participate in anal sex, and {I guess} those that do don't see it as demeaning. As for harm u could say that about any sex, sexual diseases, risk in childbearing, so on.
I agree with ur 2nd point, but not with the implied comparisan of homosexuals being for common use. God can have great plans for anyone, whatever they are or whatever they are afflicted {cross to bear} with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 13 min Toby 64,103
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min RoSesz 654,102
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 21 min Leyland Truth Herald 445,468
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 46 min The Hangman 973,835
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 49 min Ricky F 183,179
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 53 min gundee123 823
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 57 min WasteWater 2,587
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Charlie Sheen 281,882
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 21 hr Clive 80
More from around the web