United States

#171 Jul 4, 2014
Why are you still taking Avandia??
Jay

East Chicago, IN

#172 Jul 5, 2014
TeeMa wrote:
Why are you still taking Avandia??
I sure hope that no one is taking that drug .......although it may work for one in a million its not good for the many that had taken it and passed away. there is just something wrong with a drug that slowly kills you. the fda , manufacturer or dr. tells you it will help you , lies . clinical trails WE are the guinea pigs ! at there expense!!!!!!!
thank you for letting me vent.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#173 Jul 12, 2014
I received my first check about 3 months ago. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the second check?
tweetybird1961

Aurora, IL

#175 Jul 14, 2014
Today I recd a letter from the lawyers checking on the Medicare Part C leins for Girardi Keese. So I believe they are going forward. I called and the woman said once the lien status is verified, the case goes on for review to see if we should be receiving more.
Deb

Richland, WA

#177 Jul 15, 2014
I got the same letter today. Called the attorney but could only leave voice mail. Reading the ltr it almost sounds like they are giving all of the second check to Medicare as a payback for them having to foot the bills.
tweetybird1961

Aurora, IL

#178 Jul 16, 2014
I think it is a percentage and depends on which medical carrier. I am sure the date of injury verses settlement matter. I had my bypass in 2002. I tried finding more info but too vonfusing.
Waiting4ever

Sevierville, TN

#179 Jul 17, 2014
I received the same letter from Girardi/Keese. Hopefully money will follow somewhere down the road!!
Deb

Richland, WA

#180 Jul 17, 2014
spent 3 hrs on the phone yesterday with attorney and the medical lien who is handling all of the claims for Medicare. She said that most if not all the claimants will probably not get any thing as will all go to Medicare plus if they want to sue to all of the rest that is not covered by the 2nd check. All for the rich and none for the injured parties.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#181 Jul 17, 2014
Deb wrote:
spent 3 hrs on the phone yesterday with attorney and the medical lien who is handling all of the claims for Medicare. She said that most if not all the claimants will probably not get any thing as will all go to Medicare plus if they want to sue to all of the rest that is not covered by the 2nd check. All for the rich and none for the injured parties.
Did medicare cover your injury from Avandia? I had private insurance at the time. When I received my first check, the letter from the lawyer stated that Garretson did not find any liens, and the letter also stated how much the amount of my second check would be. It said once the settlement committee reviewed their findings, they would then release the funds for the second check
JustWondering

Peoria, AZ

#191 Aug 22, 2014
I received a letter from my attorney saying they were going to arbitration with some of the cases. Has anyone heard that this has happened or if there is a date?
Hunter79

Columbus, OH

#192 Aug 22, 2014
Hey, JustWondering.. What Law Firm did you et the leter from. I;ve not seen anything from Girardi Keese. Thanks...
blades

Memphis, TN

#194 Aug 25, 2014
Has anyone heard from Girardi & Keese it been all most 10yrs. with them never keep in touch with you i dont know whats going on with them .
JustWondering

Peoria, AZ

#196 Aug 25, 2014
Hunter79 wrote:
Hey, JustWondering.. What Law Firm did you et the leter from. I;ve not seen anything from Girardi Keese. Thanks...
The law firm handling the case my mom filed back in 07 is Giradi & Keese.
Pat in Mesa

Mesa, AZ

#197 Aug 26, 2014
Hi, I just found this site and was wondering why I had not seen anything new for some time. I lost my husband in 2007. Has anyone used Phillips Law Firm.
Sumac

Apollo, PA

#198 Aug 27, 2014
I wonder why Medicare is able to take from individual claims? The states filed against GSK for Medicaid claims and won millions. Why didn't Medicare do the same instead instead of taking from all of us? Doesn't seem fair to those us us who were the ones injured.
Somemidwestguy

Columbus, IN

#199 Aug 28, 2014
I got a call from my late fathers attorney last month saying I will get a letter with the settlement amount in sept. and a check in November. I then received documents from garretson about medical liens. The attorney is from NM.
The paralegal I've talked to has been nice but can't tell me anything.
killedjoe

White Plains, NY

#200 Sep 2, 2014
To post 198 on question of medicare. Medicare and medicaid are 2 difference systems. Medicare is what you pay when you pay into FICA, that when you become retired, medicare also kicks in. Medicaid is a form of welfare, which a person has never payed into but qualified to re'cd health benefits. If this person, who is on medicaid re'cd an award from a lawsuit or any type of lottery winner or even money you inherit, medicaid can and will take a percentage back for the "welfare" payment toward health care.

Since: Nov 11

Washington Court House, OH

#209 Sep 23, 2014
Update from Law Firm; Mailings of settlement letters to start with a massive mailing by end of month.
aljr

Wellford, SC

#210 Sep 23, 2014
Still waiting on second check,they are done with the lien process.
Now what

Carnegie, PA

#211 Sep 23, 2014
Longhair1953 wrote:
Update from Law Firm; Mailings of settlement letters to start with a massive mailing by end of month.
Thanks For the update longhair1953, what law firm gave you the update? Anyone else hear anything?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Aura Mytha 88,536
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min X Pendable 184,819
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 min karl44 977,505
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 26 min Pad 665,618
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 27 min truth 715
Salalah gay 36 min Sallu 6
Did O.J. toss murder into a Brentwood street g... 39 min Knock off purse s... 9
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 284,728
More from around the web