avandia 2014
pissed off

Fresno, CA

#107 May 5, 2014
Now what wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for the update and I hope you have a great time. I am new to this chat, this is the first time that I have heard about Gary and have no idea what he got in his pocket. Would appreciate if you would share. Thanks again, enjoy time with family.
Has anyone out there received anything @ all lately? I'm scared to death that I'll be gone before these half ass attorneys have a fire lit under their asses to do anything for us.....I'm sure I can speak for most when I say we' re tired of waiting...
Ramon Hernandez

Querétaro, Mexico

#108 May 6, 2014
LisaTx wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Storm,
I have Ferrer, Poirot & Wansbrough too. I'm going through the same thing you are with this firm. They never tell me anything. Last I spoke with them they told me that GSK had until April 1 (next month) to report the status of every one case. Don't understand exactly what all this mean but I hope it bring some good news. So sorry to hear about the loss of your mother and ill dad. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything else. Have you heard anything differently????
I have the same law firm, last word from them was that it will be done in the summertime...
Last letter from them was in May 8 2012... i had open heart surgery w 5 bypases
Suzy Bernard

Tarboro, NC

#109 May 6, 2014
Has anyone gotten anything substantial - promised, on paper? I've read about how much they have paid out yet no one seems to be settling with these law suits? Is there anything we can do?
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

#110 May 9, 2014
Now what wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for the update and I hope you have a great time. I am new to this chat, this is the first time that I have heard about Gary and have no idea what he got in his pocket. Would appreciate if you would share. Thanks again, enjoy time with family.
Because Gary is no longer with us, I guess I can give you an idea of what he got. From what Gary said, less say it is over 120 and under130. This is what he said he got in his pocket. That means over all settlement total figure was pushing 200. Like I said, we had the same injuries and rush to ER many time within the so called 6 month rule. Now, why he got this figure and why I got "much less", is beyond me. I think it is because my 6 month rule were not counted by GSK.For those who don't understand what I said, the 6 month rule was generally anything that happen to you within 6 month of the 1st incident might be also counted has part of your medical problem. Anything after 6 month, was not counted has part of the medical problem. It would depend, I guess, on your lawyer. This family trip I think is getting out of hand. there is talk of driving down to Florida. I don't think I want to do that. The last time I did that was a year ago last March for a family wedding. I was a "hurting and tired cowboy" when we got there. Took almost a whole day to recover.
Cyndy

Wilmington, NC

#111 May 12, 2014
Waiting4ever wrote:
<quoted text> I received a letter from Girardi Keese today stating that GSK is Refusing to pay any more money out and therefore they have been ordered to mediation and if that doesnt work, its back to court, which the letter said could be years. Personally I dont see the lawyers actively pursing this, they have not made the millons tbey envisioned when they began this and at some point will, or have, begun to lose money. So, I for one am free of waiting for tbe mail every single day...my poor 85 year old mother will never see a dime from the medication that robbed her of her sight and her short term memory.. so Girardi Keese and GSK, YOU CAN ALL KISS MY A88!!!!!!
I have received the same letter from Girardi Keese. I agree I don't believe the lawyers are pursing this anymore. I have been told from the call center that I was approved for a Tier 2 still don't know what that means. My husband had filed this claim years before he passed away in 2011 he was only 52 years young. And to be honest I don't think I will ever see a dime from GSK. Hope this can get resolved soon but honestly don't see that happening.
Waiting4ever

Hermitage, TN

#112 May 12, 2014
Cyndy wrote:
<quoted text>
I have received the same letter from Girardi Keese. I agree I don't believe the lawyers are pursing this anymore. I have been told from the call center that I was approved for a Tier 2 still don't know what that means. My husband had filed this claim years before he passed away in 2011 he was only 52 years young. And to be honest I don't think I will ever see a dime from GSK. Hope this can get resolved soon but honestly don't see that happening.
Tier 2 is 35,000. After lawyers 40% and other fees, we would be lucky ro see 15,000...but Im not holding my breath!! I am still going to call tbe 1st of every month...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#113 May 12, 2014
Odd only one law firm telling their clients that GSK is not going to pay. I would be thoroughly investigating this. Was this law form part of the MDL in Pennsylvania?
Jay

East Chicago, IN

#114 May 14, 2014
Has anybody else .... Started with the law firm Ferrer poirot And wansbough and then get letters from Jensen in 2012 only to find that in your consent its heard robins cloud black.
How do you know who really has your case. I am getting letters from Jensen now 2013-14.
Thanks but that's why when you call them they don't know how to answer your question.
Shortcake

Irvington, AL

#115 May 14, 2014
Jay wrote:
Has anybody else .... Started with the law firm Ferrer poirot And wansbough and then get letters from Jensen in 2012 only to find that in your consent its heard robins cloud black.
How do you know who really has your case. I am getting letters from Jensen now 2013-14.
Thanks but that's why when you call them they don't know how to answer your question.
I am, but we are now with Driscoll law firm. They are working on the settlement. Have you heard anything new in the last few days.
Jay

Munster, IN

#116 May 14, 2014
Shortcake wrote:
<quoted text>I am, but we are now with Driscoll law firm. They are working on the settlement. Have you heard anything new in the last few days.
In the letter I received in march 2014 from GRG it said I will get a letter in the summer 2014. I had to sign and return another release form since they only last two years. I never got a settlement statement or have I heard of the tier levels. I have spoken to heard robins on the phone last year and the had said that each injury case is different as for settlement.
Nothing in the last few days. Sorry
Mike

Lockport, NY

#117 May 17, 2014
I received my first check today. Funny thing is, I called my lawyers office 2 days ago and they told me no news. She must have been putting the check in the envelope as we were talking. So if your lawyer is telling you "no news" does not necessarily mean there is none, they just wont tell you
Now what

Carnegie, PA

#118 May 19, 2014
Mike wrote:
I received my first check today. Funny thing is, I called my lawyers office 2 days ago and they told me no news. She must have been putting the check in the envelope as we were talking. So if your lawyer is telling you "no news" does not necessarily mean there is none, they just wont tell you
Mike, Happy to hear that you received your first check. I called last week and was told the same thing, maybe my check is in the mail! I will not hold my breath!!!! Could you please share who the check came from, what percentage of total amount due? Any information you share would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Shortcake

Irvington, AL

#119 May 28, 2014
Does anyone have any new information?
Waiting4ever

Hermitage, TN

#120 May 28, 2014
I always call on the first of each month, so I will let you know what they tell me this time :)
Jay

East Chicago, IN

#121 May 31, 2014
The original Hospital Lien Statute became law during the 1930s—decades before Medicare was enacted in 1965. Prior to the 2013 changes in the Indiana Statute, hospitals could elect not to bill Medicare insurance for charges relating to medical treatment rendered to a Medicare recipient who had been injured in an accident through the negligence of another. Today under the new provisions of the hospital lien statute [IC 32-33-4-3(b)(3)(e)], Medicare patients are exempt from the lien.

The Indiana Trial Lawyers Association and the 2013 Indiana General Assembly has stood up for the citizens of Indiana!
Jill

Harrisonburg, VA

#122 Jun 1, 2014
I'm so glad I found this forum again. My case has been approved and sent to Garrettson Resolution They sent me forms to sign and requested info on my insurance companies. I have been passed around to 3 law firms and they had all that info so I'm not sure why they needed me to provide it. Supposedly I will receive a settlement offer/points late summer. I doubt that will happen because I've been lied to since 2011.

Has anyone found an avandia calculator yet? lo if you rec'd and offer and a check, how long from the offer until you rec'd the check?
If you had private insurance did they actually ask fo reimbursement? If I paid premiums I don't think they deserve anymore.

Also for those of you who remember Gary Meadows, he died a few monhs ago.

Thanks for any answers you can provide.
Jill

Harrisonburg, VA

#123 Jun 1, 2014
Shortcake wrote:
<quoted text>I am, but we are now with Driscoll law firm. They are working on the settlement. Have you heard anything new in the last few days.
I started with Greenberg Bedderman, was then sent to Driscoll, and Driscoll sent me to Dowd and Dowd but I didn't know until I called to check on my case. Supposedly my claim was sent to the GRG but how can I ever be sure of anything I'm told!!??
pissed off

Fresno, CA

#124 Jun 2, 2014
Jill wrote:
I'm so glad I found this forum again. My case has been approved and sent to Garrettson Resolution They sent me forms to sign and requested info on my insurance companies. I have been passed around to 3 law firms and they had all that info so I'm not sure why they needed me to provide it. Supposedly I will receive a settlement offer/points late summer. I doubt that will happen because I've been lied to since 2011.
Has anyone found an avandia calculator yet? lo if you rec'd and offer and a check, how long from the offer until you rec'd the check?
If you had private insurance did they actually ask fo reimbursement? If I paid premiums I don't think they deserve anymore.
Also for those of you who remember Gary Meadows, he died a few monhs ago.
Thanks for any answers you can provide.
Sorry Gary's gone.... I didn't know him at all, but were all fighting like hell to get what we have owed to us....its a hurry up & wait game
Now what

Carnegie, PA

#125 Jun 2, 2014
pissed off wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry Gary's gone.... I didn't know him at all, but were all fighting like hell to get what we have owed to us....its a hurry up & wait game
I guess all we can do is keep each other up to date whenever we hear anything of interest.
bobby sanchez hernandez

Norcross, GA

#126 Jun 11, 2014
This is a shame and a scam, the lawyers all of those lawyers handling avandia cases are crooks. They only give you the run around untill the stature of limitations run out they work for us and gsk

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
68 year old man missing from Deens Landing?! 2 min bugg_85 1
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 26 min andet1987 69
My NEW SPECULATION about the mystery vehicle an... 28 min andet1987 10
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 30 min guest 675,420
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 39 min Aura Mytha 110,005
I love to show off my hot wife (Jan '12) 3 hr Deewhy 23
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr uIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 184,720
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 hr Devil number 666 982,186
More from around the web