Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2014

Judged:

I guest the settlement amount varies from each attorneys firm which means each settlement will depend on how well your attorney NEGOTIATED your case. My theory!
Now what

Carnegie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2014

Judged:

Has anyone here collected anything? First check? Second Check, any check?
sugarpies mom

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2014

Judged:

Now what wrote:
Has anyone here collected anything? First check? Second Check, any check?
i have received 2 checks ..last one Dec.2013...almost a disgrace the small amount received..my husband died in 2007 at 60..still working everyday. No health probs except diabetes..they took points for being ex smoker(18)yes quit and also his father had passed with heart trouble at 40..so sorry to hear about Gary..I have not posted much but I did keep up with the old group..don't expect to see any more money..initially said there would be a final distribution chk. After all claims were settled.I hope that every one will receive good news soon!
celia

Fresno, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2014

Judged:

AlmostDied wrote:
The highest payout in my group was well under 50k. That is for deaths, and heart attacks with surgery included. A year now since signing the papers for the final amount, and still no first check
What is the deal with this? Seems to be some kind of waiting game......Really, how long are we supposed to wait? Like I said before none of us are getting any younger....I haven't received a dime....NOT ONE DIME....
Now what

Carnegie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2014

Judged:

sugarpies mom wrote:
<quoted text>i have received 2 checks ..last one Dec.2013...almost a disgrace the small amount received..my husband died in 2007 at 60..still working everyday. No health probs except diabetes..they took points for being ex smoker(18)yes quit and also his father had passed with heart trouble at 40..so sorry to hear about Gary..I have not posted much but I did keep up with the old group..don't expect to see any more money..initially said there would be a final distribution chk. After all claims were settled.I hope that every one will receive good news soon!
Sorry to hear about your husband, happy to hear that you got something. I am sure we all would like an idea of what they are paying, not exact amounts, just a range, Thanks
Miz Johnson

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2014

LisaTx wrote:
I guest the settlement amount varies from each attorneys firm which means each settlement will depend on how well your attorney NEGOTIATED your case. My theory!
Please read this:

http://www.google.com/url...
pissed off

Fresno, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2014

Judged:

Well I called my attorneys office (AGAIN) just to keep getting lie after lie, And the sad part about all this is because my mom died she's only worth 48.000 and GSK says that's too much so they're trying to lower that & of course the attorneys are supposed to be disputing with GSK.......yeah right!!!!!!! You wanna hear what's really screwed, I was told if my mother would've lived she'd be worth 75.000....what a fricken joke.....if my mom was alive I wouldn't be subjecting myself to this nonsense....CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT AS TO HOW I CAN WRITE THIS JUDGE??? GSK is the pharmaceutical company that put AVANDIA out there......they need to pay........good luck to all of you this has been nothing but a nightmare for me.....BY THE WAY....I HAVEN'T RECEIVED ONE DIME
LisaTx

Lancaster, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2014

Judged:

Miz Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
Please read this:
http://www.google.com/url...
WOW!...This story is proof that none of us will get what our case is worrh. Useless! Thanks for posting.
pissed off

Fresno, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2014

Judged:

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW I CAN WRITE THIS JUDGE ABOUT GSK TRYING TO KEEP WHAT IS OWED TO ME BECAUSE OF MY MOMS DEATH
PLEASE HELP
Waiting4ever

Hermitage, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2014

Judged:

pissed off wrote:
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW I CAN WRITE THIS JUDGE ABOUT GSK TRYING TO KEEP WHAT IS OWED TO ME BECAUSE OF MY MOMS DEATH
PLEASE HELP
. I don't have an address but I will look back through my paperwork and see if I can find something to help....
pissed off

Fresno, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

Judged:

Waiting4ever wrote:
<quoted text>. I don't have an address but I will look back through my paperwork and see if I can find something to help....
thank you! Anything is appreciated
Lisa TX

Lancaster, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Judged:

I was just told that my case will be withdrawn from settlement because they don't have sufficient evidence of an Avandia injury. The hospital that do show that i had an Avandia injury closed 4 years ago and no one has access of where the medical records are stored. We tried every source to find them but no trace of them have been recovered. The remaining records that do show my injury from other doctors, hospitals, etc are sufficient but was not enough and it doesn't show the hospital injury and procedures that was done. They were Inside the hospital records that is no longer in existence. Very disgusted, but relieved i don't have to wait any longer for this painful ordeal. Good luck to all of you! This will be my last post.:-(

LisaTX
Miz Johnson

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Lisa TX wrote:
I was just told that my case will be withdrawn from settlement because they don't have sufficient evidence of an Avandia injury. The hospital that do show that i had an Avandia injury closed 4 years ago and no one has access of where the medical records are stored. We tried every source to find them but no trace of them have been recovered. The remaining records that do show my injury from other doctors, hospitals, etc are sufficient but was not enough and it doesn't show the hospital injury and procedures that was done. They were Inside the hospital records that is no longer in existence. Very disgusted, but relieved i don't have to wait any longer for this painful ordeal. Good luck to all of you! This will be my last post.:-(
LisaTX
Dear Lisa,

I am saddened and alarmed by this news; perhaps your comfort may be found in the enthusiasm which you provided on this forum - of which you, in fact, created. Also, no one even knows whether or not any settlements will ever be paid out. God bless you in every way and everyday, as the struggle of ill health is tasking. This too, is my last post here - Thank you.

Sincerely yours,

Miz
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

Lisa TX wrote:
LisaTX
If you have a primary doctor, anything that happen to you should be sent to your primary. This is why when you go to ER, the first question they ask after they see you have insurance, who is your primary. A copy of what happen to you should of been sent to your doctor. The next question is, I get the impression by what you said the hospital is no longer in service. if your doctor does not have a copy, the doctor would more then likely know where all of the medical records were sent. These records are most likely at some archive warehouse and your doctor should know where this building is. Good luck. Up date for me. Signed settlement with figure. Not has much has some one else who claimed what he got. Never re'cd any letter about GSK not paying. Still waiting.
LisaTx

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

Thanks for the response, you too Miz.
I'm going to check with my primary Dr. To see if he knows where the medical records could be. Just thought my attorneys may have already covered that, being that they are attorneys and know more creative ways to get them than I. Last word we got was the records were sent to a warehouse alright but no one knows.for sure and no one knew EXACTLY which one. I myself Called toooooooooo many, but no results. Very tired of this. Ive been thru too much.

Since: Sep 13

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

I had to locate records from my other doctors because the hospitals files were over 10 yrs and they were gone. But luckily the cardiologist and primary as well as a consulting doctor had hospital reports. The attorneys had to be able to request them, but I found them. I did the additional legwork and it was worth it. I was able to tell them where to locate plus I got copies. But they do need to pull the records themselves. My records were from 13 yrs ago. Usually someone has a paper trail somewhere. Good luck!
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Judged:

tweetybird1961 wrote:
I had to locate records from my other doctors because the hospitals files were over 10 yrs and they were gone. But luckily the cardiologist and primary as well as a consulting doctor had hospital reports. The attorneys had to be able to request them, but I found them. I did the additional legwork and it was worth it. I was able to tell them where to locate plus I got copies. But they do need to pull the records themselves. My records were from 13 yrs ago. Usually someone has a paper trail somewhere. Good luck!
The sad part is that lawyers do very little in getting the records. Generally speaking, if your primary don't have them, your cardio or diabetic don't have them, they don't go any further to try and get that. Why, it doesn't pay them to do it. Ex: For every 10 cases that they handled in the GSK files, 1 will likely have records will not be found. Because a profit is being made on the 9, it will lose money by trying to stop everything for the 1 when the 9 is already in there "pocket". It is a business. Lawyers never do the right thing, only how much money can we make.
Ed and Rita

Marysville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2014

Judged:

LisaTx wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, read my post above to storm.
Hi Lisa don't know if you rember me I haven't posted for about a year. My wife has same law firm as you and have been waiting over 4yrs like you for some news from law firm. Well just last week she got a letter from Garrston Group saying she would be getting a settelment and her law firm would contact her this summer with how much. The letter wants past insurance policy numbers to see if they have any claims that may have to be reimbursed a percentage. This is suppose to speed up her settlement with less delays. Garrston is sending this on behave of her law firm . Have you ever heard of this someone getting letter from Garrston first instead of law firm.
Ed and Rita

Marysville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2014

Lisa TX wrote:
LisaTX
Sorry Lisa just read this post that really sucks. Don't give up just yet ask others for help like Joe he's been at this also for a long time. Maybe ask your insurance for copy of hospital stays and treatment. Maybe the hepa law will help you get your records released that you need. Also try getting records of any prescriptions from your drug store they may have the name of Doctors that took care of you while in hospital always seems like several Doctors drop in to consult on your medical condition and write new percriptions for you to take. Just maybe you will get lucky I sure hope so. GSK sure knows how to drag this out just knowing and crunching numbers that so many will die, some will give up, some will not be able to find their med records, and those lucky to have their records may not have all the iiiis dotted or ttttts crossed. My wife and I wish you well and hope you get lucky.
LisaTx

Royse City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2014

Judged:

Ed and Rita wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry Lisa just read this post that really sucks. Don't give up just yet ask others for help like Joe he's been at this also for a long time. Maybe ask your insurance for copy of hospital stays and treatment. Maybe the hepa law will help you get your records released that you need. Also try getting records of any prescriptions from your drug store they may have the name of Doctors that took care of you while in hospital always seems like several Doctors drop in to consult on your medical condition and write new percriptions for you to take. Just maybe you will get lucky I sure hope so. GSK sure knows how to drag this out just knowing and crunching numbers that so many will die, some will give up, some will not be able to find their med records, and those lucky to have their records may not have all the iiiis dotted or ttttts crossed. My wife and I wish you well and hope you get lucky.
Thanks for your concern and wishes. You're blessed to be getting a settlement whether it's from Garretson or the law firm. I would just watch my mail box and keep checking in with who's ever in charge of your settlement. As for me, my journey has ended. If there were any signs of hope for me I wouldn't be writing this. Believe me, I've tried Everything. Best of luck to you and family! I'll be OK!:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 100 of152
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

526 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min curiouslu 720,054
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 min lisw 172,242
should husbands & wives spank each other for se... (Mar '12) 4 min Mrotk 8
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min WasteWater 256,373
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min June VanDerMark 532,376
Whatsapp or Viber contacts ;) 38 min Asimeng 2
ians vs queenie on god,religion and the art of ... 43 min I LOVE TORTURING ATHEISTS 2
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 1 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••