avandia 2014
celia

Fresno, CA

#21 Mar 9, 2014
Sam wrote:
There not going to sell this drug agin FDA trying to cover there butt the one that used this drug is the ones that got screwed lawers got there money an they are saying screw you now write to the judge
do you know how I can write to the judge?
celia

Fresno, CA

#22 Mar 9, 2014
I'm tired of waiting for this mess to come to an end! I've been dealing with this for years, lost my mom behind that damn avandia, I'm really tired of getting passed around like a cheap suit, being lied to.....Call back next month, maybe in a month, 3 months, 4 months.....anything to shut us up..... Just pay out then maybe, just maybe we will shut up....
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

#23 Mar 12, 2014
Well well well. I knew it would be a matter of time someone would start finding each other again. I was infor thru an email from Mike, Lockport NY, that a new avandia has been started. I hope everyone get back and help give some update. Base by what I read nothing happened since the "shutdown" of the other site. If anybody can get in touch with Billie the cowboy or some the others, please let them know about this site.. Just an update. Where I stand for about 2 years now is I was given a figure of the claim and what I'll get in my pocket. Been waiting for the check. This is all I got. Also, If some of the folks here remember, I had a serious bleeding incident which I needed 2 transfusion. I was on Plavix at the time. Just re'cd a letter of settlement, which I signed and sent back. Also, do have some bad news that I forgot to tell Mike. If you remember Gary, he had recently died. His wife infor me thru an email also.
celia

Stockton, CA

#24 Mar 12, 2014
killedjoe wrote:
Well well well. I knew it would be a matter of time someone would start finding each other again. I was infor thru an email from Mike, Lockport NY, that a new avandia has been started. I hope everyone get back and help give some update. Base by what I read nothing happened since the "shutdown" of the other site. If anybody can get in touch with Billie the cowboy or some the others, please let them know about this site.. Just an update. Where I stand for about 2 years now is I was given a figure of the claim and what I'll get in my pocket. Been waiting for the check. This is all I got. Also, If some of the folks here remember, I had a serious bleeding incident which I needed 2 transfusion. I was on Plavix at the time. Just re'cd a letter of settlement, which I signed and sent back. Also, do have some bad news that I forgot to tell Mike. If you remember Gary, he had recently died. His wife infor me thru an email also.
apparently GSK is gonna wait til their deadline, I need this money something fierce.....does anyone have Carey & Danish as attorneys? That who I have...
Mike

Lockport, NY

#25 Mar 12, 2014
killedjoe wrote:
You will probably receive a check from the plavix lawsuit before you receive the avandia settlement check. I hope it is paying better than avandia did. Sorry to hear about Gary, at least he got to see his settlement, and set his family up for the future.
Miz Johnson

Vallejo, CA

#26 Mar 12, 2014
killedjoe wrote:
I remember Gary; may the Lord comfort and keep his family.
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

#27 Mar 13, 2014
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
You will probably receive a check from the plavix lawsuit before you receive the avandia settlement check. I hope it is paying better than avandia did. Sorry to hear about Gary, at least he got to see his settlement, and set his family up for the future.
ha ha ha ha. My wife said the same thing.
Miz Johnson

Vallejo, CA

#28 Mar 13, 2014
LisaTx wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Storm,
I have Ferrer, Poirot & Wansbrough too. I'm going through the same thing you are with this firm. They never tell me anything. Last I spoke with them they told me that GSK had until April 1 (next month) to report the status of every one case. Don't understand exactly what all this mean but I hope it bring some good news. So sorry to hear about the loss of your mother and ill dad. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything else. Have you heard anything differently????
Lisa,

I just spoke with the law firm representative as my request to speak with an attorney was not possible. She stated that GSK has NO requirement to report the status of the cases. I reiterated that my last written correspondence revealed that my deceased husband's claim is verified and will be paid when the majority of the other claimants are certified. Also, I specifically asked whether or not acquiring another attorney to expedite the situation of non-payment is beneficial - of course, the answer was NO. As far as the confidentiality agreement is concerned, it only applies to a specific settlement amount; therefore, I ask anyone who had the courage to solicit additional legal assistance to contact me. My heart breaks daily; these folks do not have a clue, I actually owe my husband the good fight. I never expected anything monetarily, as any monies will never bring him back. Even now, I believe that this system of legalese is designed to fatten the coffers of the law firms - the victims and survivors must understand this fact.
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

#29 Mar 16, 2014
bob wrote:
Hi, just would like to know if doctors going to prescribe Avandia again and if I have to get from India because of the extreme cost.??
Thank you,
And hope I didnt butt into anyone's business.
Techincal, doctors are still prescribing avandia. If you feel it is OK to take the pill, your doctor will give it only if you sign a waver saying that you are aware of what the pill has been accused of and saying if anything should happen to you, nobody is responsible.
Sherry

Buckner, MO

#30 Mar 17, 2014
Glad to see everyone back.Wish I had some news,but of course...no.It will be 7 years in April since my late husband started this.He passed 3 years ago today.No amount of money will bring him back of course,but I have to stay on these people just for the fight.Most of us will probably die without seeing an end to this ( that's what GSK is hoping) since they have no deadline.Garretson says it takes 7 months to run a search for private insurance leins (even if you have none,they still search),so what was the point of telling us they were going to withhold 20% and send us the balance.That was an out and out lie (oh surely not lol).Anyway,if you have received not a dime,know that you aren't alone.
celia

Stockton, CA

#31 Mar 17, 2014
Sherry wrote:
Glad to see everyone back.Wish I had some news,but of course...no.It will be 7 years in April since my late husband started this.He passed 3 years ago today.No amount of money will bring him back of course,but I have to stay on these people just for the fight.Most of us will probably die without seeing an end to this ( that's what GSK is hoping) since they have no deadline.Garretson says it takes 7 months to run a search for private insurance leins (even if you have none,they still search),so what was the point of telling us they were going to withhold 20% and send us the balance.That was an out and out lie (oh surely not lol).Anyway,if you have received not a dime,know that you aren't alone.
Its been about 7 yrs for me as well & all I keep getting is the run around...Not sure if this is the case, but doesn't GSK have til 4-1-14 to release funds to the attorneys...I lost my mom in 2004 behind her taking Avandia & my health isn't the best so who knows! What it all boils down to is unfortunately we just have to wait.....
Sherry

Buckner, MO

#32 Mar 18, 2014
Can you believe it? I got a check from my lawyers today.A very tiny check.Along with a 3 page explanation of how we got screwed lol...And like I thought,the lawyers have your money.They have had it for quite some time.They say that can't release it until GSK tells them to.As far as the second check for the lien holdback..attorney says probably not in 2014..But the biggest shock of all is how much I won't receive.The liens on my case are less than 2 % of the settlement amount,yet when all is said and done I will have received less than 20% of the settlement.I hope my attorney enjoys that new car I bought him.Maybe he will get personalized license plates with my name on them...
Waiting4ever

Smartt, TN

#33 Mar 18, 2014
Sherry wrote:
Can you believe it? I got a check from my lawyers today.A very tiny check.Along with a 3 page explanation of how we got screwed lol...And like I thought,the lawyers have your money.They have had it for quite some time.They say that can't release it until GSK tells them to.As far as the second check for the lien holdback..attorney says probably not in 2014..But the biggest shock of all is how much I won't receive.The liens on my case are less than 2 % of the settlement amount,yet when all is said and done I will have received less than 20% of the settlement.I hope my attorney enjoys that new car I bought him.Maybe he will get personalized license plates with my name on them...
. Sherry, who is your attorney?
Sherry

Buckner, MO

#34 Mar 18, 2014
Waiting4ever wrote:
<quoted text>. Sherry, who is your attorney?
My attorney is Peterson and Assoc/Wagstaff and Cartmell out of KC Mo.Oh,something else they didn't state in my paperwork.Garretson charges for their services.I don't know if it is a flat fee or a percentage,but they must be proud of their work lol..
LisaTx

Plano, TX

#35 Mar 19, 2014
Miz Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
Lisa,
I just spoke with the law firm representative as my request to speak with an attorney was not possible. She stated that GSK has NO requirement to report the status of the cases. I reiterated that my last written correspondence revealed that my deceased husband's claim is verified and will be paid when the majority of the other claimants are certified. Also, I specifically asked whether or not acquiring another attorney to expedite the situation of non-payment is beneficial - of course, the answer was NO. As far as the confidentiality agreement is concerned, it only applies to a specific settlement amount; therefore, I ask anyone who had the courage to solicit additional legal assistance to contact me. My heart breaks daily; these folks do not have a clue, I actually owe my husband the good fight. I never expected anything monetarily, as any monies will never bring him back. Even now, I believe that this system of legalese is designed to fatten the coffers of the law firms - the victims and survivors must understand this fact.
Thanks Miz for that information. Very happy to know that you will receive a payout for the loss of your husband. I haven't gotten a letter yet that says I will receive a payout yet. How long ago did you re I've yours?

So sorry to hear that Gary died. My prayers and thoughts goes out to his loving wife and family.:-(
Miz Johnson

Vallejo, CA

#36 Mar 19, 2014
LisaTx wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Miz for that information. Very happy to know that you will receive a payout for the loss of your husband. I haven't gotten a letter yet that says I will receive a payout yet. How long ago did you re I've yours?
So sorry to hear that Gary died. My prayers and thoughts goes out to his loving wife and family.:-(
Hey Lisa, April and July 2012; last letter of confirmation December 2013. Yet, I still feel that the funds may never actually come. My fight is for acknowledgment of the harm which my husband suffered.
LisaTx

Dallas, TX

#37 Mar 19, 2014
Miz Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Lisa, April and July 2012; last letter of confirmation December 2013. Yet, I still feel that the funds may never actually come. My fight is for acknowledgment of the harm which my husband suffered.
Did you receive an individual amount or group? If individual, did this law firm give you a decent amount or did they screw you over?.
Miz Johnson

Vallejo, CA

#38 Mar 21, 2014
LisaTx wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you receive an individual amount or group? If individual, did this law firm give you a decent amount or did they screw you over?.
Group.
Jay

East Chicago, IN

#39 Mar 29, 2014
Hi everyone. I just got paperwork from GRG
Mike

Lockport, NY

#40 Mar 31, 2014
Jay wrote:
Hi everyone. I just got paperwork from GRG
Your final amount????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 22 min River Tam 110,663
----*PUBLIC REBUKE to: --TV Preachers, POPE---- 35 min stirringYTube 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 47 min Devil number 666 982,117
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 50 min PRES DONALD TRUMP 675,907
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 55 min ardith 246
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr uIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 184,773
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Nacked Truth 46,200
More from around the web