Is hell a REAL place?
Cisco Kid

Columbia, CA

#21 Dec 6, 2013
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>I think that's degrees, minutes and seconds, not feet and inches...a degree is about 70 miles and a minute is a little over a mile
...and a second is 1/60th of a minute (grin)

So, you don't know where Hell is, and I'm smarter than you.
You're a typical ignoramus slacker product of the public school system, you know everything and can't do anything.

So here, I made it easy for you to find Hell on Earth.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell,_Michigan
Cisco Kid

Columbia, CA

#22 Dec 6, 2013
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>Then, by the same rule, "The Three Pigs" prove that Big Bad Wolves can blow your house down...
...talk about a house of straw
The Bible can't be used to 'prove' anything, any more than 'Mother Goose Rhymes" can.

That's MY rule.
Funny thing about "your rule", it belongs only to you and is therefore irrelevant and inconsequential.

Be careful before I 'huff and puff' and blow your house down.
Wouldn't be the first time.
Cisco Kid

Columbia, CA

#23 Dec 6, 2013
christINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
belief in hell probably began when primitive ancient simpletons saw volcanic eruptions,thats why its caled lake of fire in the bable
and souls were thought to be breath,air,as the only difference between living and dead is lack of breathing,today we inteligent folk know better.
to bad some of you kristains still posses brains of Neandertals and cant distinguish fantasy from Reality!
Great!
Another brain dead uninformed know-it-all bloviating an irrelevant, baseless opinion.

What's the deal?
Do you room temperature idiots all crawl out from under your rocks at the same time?
SHeeSH!

“I f You're Going to be Petty”

Since: Apr 13

..at least be TOM PETTY

#24 Dec 6, 2013
christINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
belief in hell probably began when primitive ancient simpletons saw volcanic eruptions,thats why its caled lake of fire in the bable
and souls were thought to be breath,air,as the only difference between living and dead is lack of breathing,today we inteligent folk know better.
to bad some of you kristains still posses brains of Neandertals and cant distinguish fantasy from Reality!
Hell was invented by the Roman church to give believers an opportunity to 'buy' themselves and their loved ones immunity from it.

“I f You're Going to be Petty”

Since: Apr 13

..at least be TOM PETTY

#25 Dec 6, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny thing about "your rule", it belongs only to you and is therefore irrelevant and inconsequential.
Be careful before I 'huff and puff' and blow your house down.
Wouldn't be the first time.
Then blow
Cisco Kid

Columbia, CA

#26 Dec 6, 2013
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>Hell was invented by the Roman church to give believers an opportunity to 'buy' themselves and their loved ones immunity from it.
You're funny.
I used to believe stupid things when I was a little boy too.

The concept of Hell long predates The Catholic Church.
As language evolved, so did the name attached to the place we call Hell.

The Latin infernus, the Greek Hades, and the Hebrew sheol correspond to the word hell.

Infernus is derived from the root in; hence it designates hell as a place within and below the earth.

Hades, formed from the root fid, to see, and a privative, denotes an invisible, hidden, and dark place; thus it is similar to the term hell.

The derivation of sheol is doubtful.
It is generally supposed to come from the Hebrew root meaning, "to be sunk in, to be hollow"; accordingly it denotes a cave or a place under the earth.

In the Old Testament sheol is used quite in general to designate the kingdom of the dead, of the good (Genesis 37:35) as well as of the bad (Numbers 16:30); it means hell in the strict sense of the term, as well as the limbo of the Catholic Church Fathers.
Cisco Kid

Columbia, CA

#27 Dec 6, 2013
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
Then blow
That's YOUR job.

“I f You're Going to be Petty”

Since: Apr 13

..at least be TOM PETTY

#28 Dec 6, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
You're funny.
I used to believe stupid things when I was a little boy too.
The concept of Hell long predates The Catholic Church.
As language evolved, so did the name attached to the place we call Hell.
The Latin infernus, the Greek Hades, and the Hebrew sheol correspond to the word hell.
Infernus is derived from the root in; hence it designates hell as a place within and below the earth.
Hades, formed from the root fid, to see, and a privative, denotes an invisible, hidden, and dark place; thus it is similar to the term hell.
The derivation of sheol is doubtful.
It is generally supposed to come from the Hebrew root meaning, "to be sunk in, to be hollow"; accordingly it denotes a cave or a place under the earth.
In the Old Testament sheol is used quite in general to designate the kingdom of the dead, of the good (Genesis 37:35) as well as of the bad (Numbers 16:30); it means hell in the strict sense of the term, as well as the limbo of the Catholic Church Fathers.
I don't care what the Bible says, there's no place of eternal suffering after death. It's an old scare tactic, just as I said. Spare me your cut and paste enlightenment, that you didn't know 5 minutes ago.
I'll take common sense over miracles, magic, and monsters
davy

Albuquerque, NM

#29 Dec 6, 2013
I believe that unicorns shit out rainbow colored glitter.
Jenji wrote:
I believe heaven and hell are real places, but they're not "up" and "down" the way previous peoples and civilizations have thought. What I mean is, heaven is not up in the clouds and hell is not down under the – rather they exist parallel with us, in the same space and time but in different dimensions, or planes of reality, if you prefer. And when we die the "bright light" people say they've experienced is the dimensional shift portal which your spirit goes through. Albert Einstein proved mathematically that parallel dimensions are possible, but nothing has changed in that such things can be debated ad infinitum yet each of us is going to have to wait until separation of body and soul occurs, to find out for ourselves.
Cisco Kid

Columbia, CA

#30 Dec 6, 2013
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text> I don't care what the Bible says, there's no place of eternal suffering after death.....
And you know this BECAUSE?

Please provide empirical proof to back up your allegation.
Replete with web links to citations of authority you are basing your opinion on.
Cisco Kid

Columbia, CA

#31 Dec 6, 2013
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text> I don't care what the Bible says, there's no place of eternal suffering after death. It's an old scare tactic, just as I said. Spare me your cut and paste enlightenment, that you didn't know 5 minutes ago.

I'll take common sense over miracles, magic, and monsters
By the way, speaking of common sense, the examples I gave have much less to do with The Bible and more to do with linguistics.

You made false assumptions about the derivation of a word and I clarified your mistake with root word examples from different languages.

Now it's YOUR turn,.....or you can continue to whine like a little girl.

“I f You're Going to be Petty”

Since: Apr 13

..at least be TOM PETTY

#32 Dec 7, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
And you know this BECAUSE?
Please provide empirical proof to back up your allegation.
Replete with web links to citations of authority you are basing your opinion on.
I know this BECAUSE I have common sense
you're the one who needs to provide proof, or at least a tiny shred of evidence

“I f You're Going to be Petty”

Since: Apr 13

..at least be TOM PETTY

#33 Dec 7, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, speaking of common sense, the examples I gave have much less to do with The Bible and more to do with linguistics.
You made false assumptions about the derivation of a word and I clarified your mistake with root word examples from different languages.
Now it's YOUR turn,.....or you can continue to whine like a little girl.
I didn't say anything about the derivation of a word. I commented on the idea of Hell as a place of eternal punishment, which is BULLSHIT.
By the way, blood letting doesn't cure diseases, either.
socci

Cameron, MO

#35 Dec 7, 2013
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
Any real evidence that event really happened?...don't say "The Bible", I said evidence
Oh, but the Bible is evidence, admissible in a court of law. When you speak in court you will even be sworn in on a Bible. The Bible is especially evidence when it comes to the topic of hell.

We are told hell was prepared for Satan, yes. But when is this? Jesus tells us it is at "the end of the world." So there is no hell today. Hell is the lake of fire that will destroy the entire earth and all sin-burned up, gone forever.

That is what the Bible says. The Bible is then proven right repeatedly, including Jesus 2000 years ago, who fulfilled numerous prophecies when he appeared, died on the cross, and arose again, according to all the witnesses recorded, biblical and extra-biblical Roman and Jewish sources.
Doctor REALITY

Mabelvale, AR

#36 Dec 7, 2013
christINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
belief in hell probably began when primitive ancient simpletons saw volcanic eruptions,thats why its caled lake of fire in the bable
and souls were thought to be breath,air,as the only difference between living and dead is lack of breathing,today we inteligent folk know better.
to bad some of you kristains still posses brains of Neandertals and cant distinguish fantasy from Reality!
You're going to hell to spend ETERNITY with every other person who has rejected the Lord Jesus Christ, Canadian PORTER!!
Doctor REALITY

Mabelvale, AR

#37 Dec 7, 2013
Doctor REALITY

Mabelvale, AR

#38 Dec 7, 2013
You child of Lucifer/Satan!!!

“I f You're Going to be Petty”

Since: Apr 13

..at least be TOM PETTY

#39 Dec 7, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, but the Bible is evidence, admissible in a court of law. When you speak in court you will even be sworn in on a Bible. The Bible is especially evidence when it comes to the topic of hell.
We are told hell was prepared for Satan, yes. But when is this? Jesus tells us it is at "the end of the world." So there is no hell today. Hell is the lake of fire that will destroy the entire earth and all sin-burned up, gone forever.
That is what the Bible says. The Bible is then proven right repeatedly, including Jesus 2000 years ago, who fulfilled numerous prophecies when he appeared, died on the cross, and arose again, according to all the witnesses recorded, biblical and extra-biblical Roman and Jewish sources.
"the Bible is evidence, admissible in a court of law"
what a crock of shit

“I f You're Going to be Petty”

Since: Apr 13

..at least be TOM PETTY

#40 Dec 7, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>You're going to hell to spend ETERNITY with every other person who has rejected the Lord Jesus Christ, Canadian PORTER!!
and heaven will be populated with judgmental pricks like you?

“I f You're Going to be Petty”

Since: Apr 13

..at least be TOM PETTY

#41 Dec 7, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
You child of Lucifer/Satan!!!
you seriously believe the fairytale about Lucifer, too?
I suppose Benny Hinn knocks down the whole choir by yelling "Touch!"
It's sad, really.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min Seentheotherside 688,402
What was the Vegas mass murderer's REAL problem? 32 min Doctor REALITY 11
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 40 min Insults Are Easier 988,347
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 45 min old_moose 35,923
Chinese are dishonest, greedy and cold-blooded. (Jan '14) 48 min Doctor REALITY 55
We do NOT need any walls! 57 min Watch for Finger 29
How did black people get here ( economically) 3 hr Johnny 39
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr BOBBakatheboob 619,807
More from around the web