God is REAL - Miracles Happen!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#5738 Oct 16, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
it is a sidewalk at the corner of Broadway and Winona streets. there is no subway. we have the elevated red line train nearby.:) omg. those semi circles were so PERFECT. and Jeff was in the center of the bigger semi circle. and his religious materials were inside the smaller semi circle. even if there were sewer, telco station, subway underneath the pavement, why would Jeff and his materials be inside those perfect dry semi circles ?
the only explanation here is, there was a real Miracle. and i happened to witness them.
I haven't been to Chi town in years, and probably never to that intersection. There's nothing to keep Jeff from standing in the right place at the right time and you wanted a plausible explanation... no wait, that's wrong. You DON'T want a plausible explanation, you want to feel that you witnessed something special and a reality check would ruin it for you.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#5739 Oct 16, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
then explain to me then why i saw 2 perfect dry semi circles. it just happened with nobody doing it ? or you think i am making up stories ?
Soft and dry?

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#5740 Oct 16, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
then explain to me then why i saw 2 perfect dry semi circles. it just happened with nobody doing it ? or you think i am making up stories ?
It was the IPU overhead.

“Happy Atheist”

Since: Apr 14

Central Florida

#5741 Oct 16, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect that there is infrastructure beneath the pavement (sewer, telco station, subway, et al) that makes the pavement warmer under those two "perfect semicircles" and that evaporated the moisture. I don't think you are beyond making up stories to accrue attention and I have no reason to trust your friend Jeff whatsoever.
I would support the theory that Jeff had a round piece of cardboard which he tore into 2 pieces, holding one over his head and putting the other over his pamphlets. Maybe it was simply astonishing that he had the cardboard in the first place....hence his claim of a "miracle."

Besides, if Yahweh kept Jeff and his materials dry, why a "half-moon" shape?
Wouldn't this indicate that it was a Moon Goddess (perhaps Selene or Artemis) who performed this little "miracle?"
If it was Yahweh, why weren't the dry spots in the shape of a cross? Or Jesus' face?
Indeed, why assume it was Yahweh? Answer: Because that is the only "god" that andet knows about.

Why didn't anyone notice that no rain was falling on Jeff and congratulate him on his dryness? Take pictures? Call a reporter?
What a human-interest story that would have made!
Only Jeff calls this a "miracle" and I would call that highly suspicious, considering that Jeff has an agenda. He has pamphlets to get rid of. What better way than to say they were "miraculouusly blessed?"

But you are quite right. Andet would rather have this "special" moment in his life than reality.

He still chooses not to answer whether or not his father is accepting of his homosexuality.
I'm guessing probably not. Therefore his need for a father-figure's approval.

“Happy Atheist”

Central Florida

#5742 Oct 16, 2014
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone has the right to believe in God.
Or to NOT believe in "god/s".
Sherlayne wrote:
We all seem to believe in different concepts of Him, but I think that's okay.
"We all" may refer to you and the people you personally know, but it does not mean EVERYONE believes in some kind of invisible super-being sky daddy.
Perhaps you have heard of us....we are called atheists, agnostics, free-thinkers and skeptics.
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text> No offense, but I don't believe in miracles, except that the existence of ANYTHING is a miracle to me.
The existance of EVERYTHING is equally wonderous.
No "miracles" required.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#5743 Oct 16, 2014
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone has the right to believe in God. We all seem to believe in different concepts of Him, but I think that's okay.
No offense, but I don't believe in miracles, except that the existence of ANYTHING is a miracle to me.
When politicians tout belonging to one church and not another as an indication of their trustworthiness and "qualification" for office or when loonies try to insert mysticism and mythology into a school science curriculum (or the House Science, Space and Technology Committee), you SHOULD take offense.

“Happy Atheist”

Central Florida

#5744 Oct 16, 2014
andet: i don't think the Bible was written by God. man wrote it without considering the rights and feelings of gays. those were written by primitive men. in today's standard, it is a crime to harass and promote violence towards others.

^^^ This post shows intelligence and good common sense.
----------
andet: the only explanation here is, there was a real Miracle. and i happened to witness them.

^^^ This post doesn't.
----------
Fascinates me how human beings reason sometimes and not at all on other occasions.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5745 Oct 16, 2014
GodFreeByChoice wrote:
andet: i don't think the Bible was written by God. man wrote it without considering the rights and feelings of gays. those were written by primitive men. in today's standard, it is a crime to harass and promote violence towards others.
^^^ This post shows intelligence and good common sense.
----------
andet: the only explanation here is, there was a real Miracle. and i happened to witness them.
^^^ This post doesn't.
----------
Fascinates me how human beings reason sometimes and not at all on other occasions.
ok GFBC: please explain why those 2 perfect dry semi circles appeared and protected Jeff and his
religious pamphlets.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#5746 Oct 16, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
ok GFBC: please explain why those 2 perfect dry semi circles appeared and protected Jeff and his
religious pamphlets.
Your "Jeffrey" hysteria.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5747 Oct 16, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Your "Jeffrey" hysteria.
your previous picture was this ?:)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-lpM5G6QV1Bk/UQAXUxT...

“Happy Atheist”

Central Florida

#5748 Oct 16, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
religious pamphlets.
Scroll up. Read post #5741. I know you hate to read but really.....
Did you just skip over that one? One which was addressed to you?

What I described is one possible explanation.
Another would be that someone walking by handed Jeff something to cover himself and his pamphlets, which he then threw away when the shower was over.
There are many possible explanations that do NOT necessitate divine intervention.

Since I was not there at the time the rain was falling, I do not know for sure what occurred... but then again, YOU weren't there either.
Jeff told you it was a "miracle" and you are simply parrotting him.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof."

“Happy Atheist”

Central Florida

#5749 Oct 16, 2014
My apologies, andet. My error.
I see that post #5741 was not addressed to you but to CM.
Please read anyway as it pertains to your question.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#5750 Oct 16, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
your previous picture was this ?:)
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-lpM5G6QV1Bk/UQAXUxT...
Don't get hysterical over it.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5751 Oct 17, 2014
GodFreeByChoice wrote:
<quoted text>
Scroll up. Read post #5741. I know you hate to read but really.....
Did you just skip over that one? One which was addressed to you?
What I described is one possible explanation.
Another would be that someone walking by handed Jeff something to cover himself and his pamphlets, which he then threw away when the shower was over.
There are many possible explanations that do NOT necessitate divine intervention.
Since I was not there at the time the rain was falling, I do not know for sure what occurred... but then again, YOU weren't there either.
Jeff told you it was a "miracle" and you are simply parrotting him.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof."

i saw those 2 semi circles too. i witnessed it. i am not parroting what he told me. i saw it myself.
Jeff did not tell me what happened, or how it happened. probably he did not see what happened either. only God can explain it.
Sherlayne

Newton, NJ

#5752 Oct 17, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
When politicians tout belonging to one church and not another as an indication of their trustworthiness and "qualification" for office or when loonies try to insert mysticism and mythology into a school science curriculum (or the House Science, Space and Technology Committee), you SHOULD take offense.
Agreed.

“Happy Atheist”

Central Florida

#5753 Oct 17, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
i saw those 2 semi circles too. i witnessed it. i am not parroting what he told me. i saw it myself.
Jeff did not tell me what happened, or how it happened. probably he did not see what happened either. only God can explain it.
Let me be sure I have this correct...

You saw 2 dry semicircles on the pavement.
Jeff said "It's a miracle."
You repeat "It's a miracle."
Simply repeating what someone else said, without more information or discussion is parroting.

You could honestly say that you saw 2 dry semicircles on the pavement and don't know how it occurred. That would be the truth.

Besides, how could Jeff NOT SEE that it WASN'T raining on him?
I always notice when things like that happen to me....
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5754 Oct 17, 2014
GodFreeByChoice wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me be sure I have this correct...
You saw 2 dry semicircles on the pavement.
Jeff said "It's a miracle."
You repeat "It's a miracle."
Simply repeating what someone else said, without more information or discussion is parroting.
You could honestly say that you saw 2 dry semicircles on the pavement and don't know how it occurred. That would be the truth.
Besides, how could Jeff NOT SEE that it WASN'T raining on him?
I always notice when things like that happen to me....

yes, i saw 2 perfect dry semi circles. no, i did not see how it happened. but i saw something. if i did not see anything, then i would be parroting.

seeing something very unusual means, i saw a real Miracle.:)

you and CM did not see it. only me and Jeff saw it.:)

“See how you are?”

Earth

#5755 Oct 17, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, i saw 2 perfect dry semi circles. no, i did not see how it happened. but i saw something. if i did not see anything, then i would be parroting.
seeing something very unusual means, i saw a real Miracle.:)
you and CM did not see it. only me and Jeff saw it.:)
Seeing something unusual just means seeing something that is out of the ordinary to you - not something that is inexplicable without magic. I've seen dry patches of sidewalk next to wet portions of sidewalk. <shrug> Not special and no biggie.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5756 Oct 17, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Seeing something unusual just means seeing something that is out of the ordinary to you - not something that is inexplicable without magic. I've seen dry patches of sidewalk next to wet portions of sidewalk. <shrug> Not special and no biggie.
it was so perfect and so dry. outside of those 2 dry semi circles was wet with rain. Jeff and his religious materials were all dry. it was a real Miracle. only God can do this.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#5757 Oct 17, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
it was so perfect and so dry. outside of those 2 dry semi circles was wet with rain. Jeff and his religious materials were all dry. it was a real Miracle. only God can do this.

Mistaken you are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 7 min Skin Head Water Park 24,995
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 38 min Gabriel 985,607
Anyone know any good deals from NoKeys? 48 min NOKEYS 2
News Gov. Abbott suggests 'bathroom bill' is likely ... 2 hr Laredo 4
Got any good jokes?? (Mar '07) 3 hr juliakk 1,831
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr Michael 685,540
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 hr RiccardoFire 46,286
More from around the web