God is REAL - Miracles Happen!

“Behave Yourself”

Since: Jul 07

Fort Worth, Texas

#5717 Oct 14, 2014
God's Threat:

You will be engaged to a woman, but another man will ravish her. You will build a house, but someone else will live in it. You will plant a vineyard, but you will never enjoy its fruit. Your ox will be butchered before your eyes, but you won't get a single bite of the meat. Your donkey will be driven away, never to be returned. Your sheep will be given to your enemies, and no one will be there to help you. You will watch as your sons and daughters are taken away as slaves. Your heart will break as you long for them, but nothing you do will help. A foreign nation you have never heard about will eat the crops you worked so hard to grow. You will suffer under constant oppression and harsh treatment. You will go mad because of all the tragedy around you. The LORD will cover you from head to foot with incurable boils.(Deuteronomy 28:30-35 NLT)
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5718 Oct 14, 2014
God is real. Miracles do happen. I witnessed a real Miracle last June 30, 2011.

“Happy Atheist”

Since: Apr 14

Central Florida

#5719 Oct 14, 2014
Edthirty wrote:
God's Threat:
You will be engaged to a woman, but another man will ravish her. You will build a house, but someone else will live in it. You will plant a vineyard, but you will never enjoy its fruit. Your ox will be butchered before your eyes, but you won't get a single bite of the meat. Your donkey will be driven away, never to be returned. Your sheep will be given to your enemies, and no one will be there to help you. You will watch as your sons and daughters are taken away as slaves. Your heart will break as you long for them, but nothing you do will help. A foreign nation you have never heard about will eat the crops you worked so hard to grow. You will suffer under constant oppression and harsh treatment. You will go mad because of all the tragedy around you. The LORD will cover you from head to foot with incurable boils.(Deuteronomy 28:30-35 NLT)
Without fear and guilt, we wouldn't have religions.
We would be a much healthier species.

Animals don't have "gods" nor "worship."
Even our closest animal cousins, the primates, don't.

What is wrong with human beings that we feel the need to make up creatures that are "better/more powerful" than we are?
Too much imagination? Or are we simply misusing our talent for creativeness?

“Happy Atheist”

Central Florida

#5721 Oct 14, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
God is real. Miracles do happen. I witnessed a real Miracle last June 30, 2011.
Since you have professed that you don't believe in the bible or Christianity's Yehweh, I must conclude that you have your own private "god."
You choose to credit "it" with the event which you were told about (but didn't actually SEE happen).

For the sake of clarity, you should refer to your imaginary friend as "MY god."

The "god" in the heading of this forum (God is real) is Tony's "god," not yours.
Tony believes in the bible and its "god."

Just out of curiousity, where did you get your ideas about your "god?"
My guess would be that you went to church and maybe read a little of the bible, then discarded all the parts you didn't like. Ending up with a de-Christianized deity who is friendly and occassionaly helpful. Less like a father figure and more like an invisible big brother.

But, if that is the case, why would your "god" keep the rain off of a Christian street guy and his Chrisitian pamphlets? Perhaps he is just whimsical, like you?
Could you explain it to me, please.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5722 Oct 14, 2014
GodFreeByChoice wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you have professed that you don't believe in the bible or Christianity's Yehweh, I must conclude that you have your own private "god."
You choose to credit "it" with the event which you were told about (but didn't actually SEE happen).
The "god" in the heading of this forum (God is real) is Tony's "god," not yours.
My guess would be that you went to church and maybe read a little of the bible, then discarded all the parts you didn't like. Ending up with a de-Christianized deity who is friendly and occassionaly helpful. Less like a father figure and more like an invisible big brother.
But, if that is the case, why would your "god" keep the rain off of a Christian street guy and his Chrisitian pamphlets? Perhaps he is just whimsical, like you?
i grew up in a Christian environment. i am a Catholic. that's how i learn about God. i believe in God the Father. that is my God. i believe in God, but i am not a religious person. i don't go to church regularly. i don't participate in Christian gatherings, etc. i worship God anywhere. i worship God outside of Church when there is no mass. ever since childhood i did not find the Bible interesting to read.

the reasons why i believe in God ?

1. i noticed my prayers are answered, most of them.

2. i witnessed a real Miracle last June 30, 2011. i saw 2 PERFECT DRY SEMI CIRCLES protecting Jeff and his religious materials. if i did not see them, then i would not have claimed having witnessed a real Miracle. but i SAW them.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5723 Oct 14, 2014
GodFreeByChoice wrote:
<quoted text>
well, let Tony have his own Bible God. i don't care. i have my own God anyway.

also, not believing or reading the Bible does not mean i have no right to believe in the God the Father. it is my right to believe in God. and i have some proofs that God is real.
1. most of my prayers are answered
2. i witnessed a real Miracle. if God did not allow me to witness a real Miracle, then i would not have seen those 2 perfect dry semi circles. i would not have seen those. but God allowed me to witness a real Miracle. so God let me witness or see 2 perfect dry semi circles.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5724 Oct 14, 2014
thousands of people on earth believe in God despite the fact that they never experienced a real Miracle in their lives.

how much more for me ? i witnessed a real Miracle. i have the right to believe in God.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#5725 Oct 15, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
i grew up in a Christian environment. i am a Catholic. that's how i learn about God. i believe in God the Father. that is my God. i believe in God, but i am not a religious person. i don't go to church regularly. i don't participate in Christian gatherings, etc. i worship God anywhere. i worship God outside of Church when there is no mass. ever since childhood i did not find the Bible interesting to read.
the reasons why i believe in God ?
1. i noticed my prayers are answered, most of them.
2. i witnessed a real Miracle last June 30, 2011. i saw 2 PERFECT DRY SEMI CIRCLES protecting Jeff and his religious materials. if i did not see them, then i would not have claimed having witnessed a real Miracle. but i SAW them.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TBIBCTH...

Sounds like you are totally confused. You don't believe in the book that your god image >directly< comes from. That is not even remotely logical. Normally, I would point out that you should pay attention to your 9th commandment, but I can see that you have no internal compass to distinguish reality from delusion.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#5726 Oct 15, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
thousands of people on earth believe in God despite the fact that they never experienced a real Miracle in their lives.
how much more for me ? i witnessed a real Miracle. i have the right to believe in God.
Tsk tsk... Billions of people claim to believe in one supernatural deity or another. Millions of people believe Little Georgie chopped down the cherry tree. Belief does not make it real.
You saw a couple dry spots on the pavement but did not see what caused it, so you believe what special thing you want to believe.
You have the right to believe it, and normal people have the right to point out the obvious. Just because you didn't see and don't understand how something happened does not mean your personal god did it with magic.

“Behave Yourself”

Since: Jul 07

Fort Worth, Texas

#5727 Oct 15, 2014
GodFreeByChoice wrote:
<quoted text>
Without fear and guilt, we wouldn't have religions.
We would be a much healthier species.
Animals don't have "gods" nor "worship."
Even our closest animal cousins, the primates, don't.
What is wrong with human beings that we feel the need to make up creatures that are "better/more powerful" than we are?
Too much imagination? Or are we simply misusing our talent for creativeness?
I suppose it all started when primitive man, who was not very scientific back then, used the supernatural, which included gods and supporting cast members, to explain how we got here along with how the world works. Unfortunately, too many remain convinced that ancient writings from simple, uninformed superstitious individuals are true and acceptable

You have a strong case regarding imagination. Couple that with a failure to control obsessive, compulsive behavior, as in becoming fanatic with followers that have similar mental challenges, and there's the result--religion. All we can do is hope that as people become more enlightened, they'll see it for the farce that it has been, and in turn will become freethinkers.

“Happy Atheist”

Central Florida

#5728 Oct 15, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
"thousands of people on earth believe in SOME KIND OF GOD," you mean.
They don't believe in YOURS. Only YOU do.
andet1987 wrote:
As CM said, you have every right to have an imaginary, invisible friend.
Sane people have every right to point out how ridiculous that is.
andet1987 wrote:
i agree 100% Edthirty. i believe in God. and that's it. i am not promoting Christianity or any other beliefs.

i don't read or believe in the Bible. the Bible only teaches Bible fanatics to become hateful of gays which very wrong. hating gays is not practicing Christianity.
And here we see the crux of the matter.
You think that Chrisitianity and its "god" should be accepting of gays (meaning YOU)....so you dismiss that part, creating your own version of the Christian "god" who loves you as you are.
Nothing to be ashamed of, andet. That is what most people do.
They create their "gods" in their own image because no one is going to worship a "god" they don't agree with.

Other than the gay issue, is there anything else that you disagree with in Christianity and its bible?

And, just out of curiousity, is/was your biological father accepting of your homosexuality?
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5729 Oct 15, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TBIBCTH...
Sounds like you are totally confused. You don't believe in the book that your god image >directly< comes from. That is not even remotely logical. Normally, I would point out that you should pay attention to your 9th commandment, but I can see that you have no internal compass to distinguish reality from delusion.
huh? before the Bible, God already existed. why should i depend on the Bible just to believe in God ? with Bible or no Bible, God exists.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5730 Oct 15, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Tsk tsk... Billions of people claim to believe in one supernatural deity or another. Millions of people believe Little Georgie chopped down the cherry tree. Belief does not make it real.
You saw a couple dry spots on the pavement but did not see what caused it, so you believe what special thing you want to believe.
You have the right to believe it, and normal people have the right to point out the obvious. Just because you didn't see and don't understand how something happened does not mean your personal god did it with magic.
NOBODY can understand how God makes His Miracles. only God knows it. that is why
it is called a Miracle. but never a magic. and who else makes Miracles ? no one. only God.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#5731 Oct 16, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
huh? before the Bible, God already existed. why should i depend on the Bible just to believe in God ? with Bible or no Bible, God exists.
Before the first tribal shaman set up shop there was no need for an anthropomorphic god to exist to comfort or frighten the other human primitives (you know who you are). Without the Bible, Torah or Koran, there is no God, Elohim or Allah. Within the accumulated human knowledge of the real world, there is still no evidence of an actual omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent benevolent/malevolent cosmic spirit - and no need for one except for social programming and to let you feel good.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#5732 Oct 16, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
NOBODY can understand how God makes His Miracles. only God knows it. that is why
it is called a Miracle. but never a magic. and who else makes Miracles ? no one. only God.
There is much that is unexplained (Puma Punku, UFO's, Bigfoot sightings, Disco fans, gay beauty contests,..) It is yet to be evidenced that there is any such thing as a divine miracle. But hey, it's only been 3,500 years since Genesis was written, so you've still got plenty of time.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5733 Oct 16, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Before the first tribal shaman set up shop there was no need for an anthropomorphic god to exist to comfort or frighten the other human primitives (you know who you are). Without the Bible, Torah or Koran, there is no God, Elohim or Allah. Within the accumulated human knowledge of the real world, there is still no evidence of an actual omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent benevolent/malevolent cosmic spirit - and no need for one except for social programming and to let you feel good.

then explain to me then why i saw 2 perfect dry semi circles. it just happened with nobody doing it ? or you think i am making up stories ?
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5734 Oct 16, 2014
GodFreeByChoice wrote:
<quoted text>
"thousands of people on earth believe in SOME KIND OF GOD," you mean.
They don't believe in YOURS. Only YOU do.
<quoted text>
As CM said, you have every right to have an imaginary, invisible friend.
Sane people have every right to point out how ridiculous that is.
<quoted text>
And here we see the crux of the matter.
You think that Chrisitianity and its "god" should be accepting of gays (meaning YOU)....so you dismiss that part, creating your own version of the Christian "god" who loves you as you are.
Nothing to be ashamed of, andet. That is what most people do.
They create their "gods" in their own image because no one is going to worship a "god" they don't agree with.
Other than the gay issue, is there anything else that you disagree with in Christianity and its bible?
And, just out of curiousity, is/was your biological father accepting of your homosexuality?
i only disagree the gay part which i heard and read from other posters or somewhere. i have never read the Bible. i am not interested. so i don't know which other parts i should disagree.

another thing. i don't think the Bible was written by God. man wrote it without considering the rights and feelings of gays. those were written by primitive men. in today's standard, it is a crime to harass and promote violence towards others.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#5735 Oct 16, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
then explain to me then why i saw 2 perfect dry semi circles. it just happened with nobody doing it ? or you think i am making up stories ?
I suspect that there is infrastructure beneath the pavement (sewer, telco station, subway, et al) that makes the pavement warmer under those two "perfect semicircles" and that evaporated the moisture. I don't think you are beyond making up stories to accrue attention and I have no reason to trust your friend Jeff whatsoever.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5736 Oct 16, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect that there is infrastructure beneath the pavement (sewer, telco station, subway, et al) that makes the pavement warmer under those two "perfect semicircles" and that evaporated the moisture. I don't think you are beyond making up stories to accrue attention and I have no reason to trust your friend Jeff whatsoever.
it is a sidewalk at the corner of Broadway and Winona streets. there is no subway. we have the elevated red line train nearby.:) omg. those semi circles were so PERFECT. and Jeff was in the center of the bigger semi circle. and his religious materials were inside the smaller semi circle. even if there were sewer, telco station, subway underneath the pavement, why would Jeff and his materials be inside those perfect dry semi circles ?

the only explanation here is, there was a real Miracle. and i happened to witness them.
Sherlayne

Newton, NJ

#5737 Oct 16, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
Anyone has the right to believe in God. We all seem to believe in different concepts of Him, but I think that's okay.

No offense, but I don't believe in miracles, except that the existence of ANYTHING is a miracle to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 38 min Drumpf Disaster 46,227
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 1 hr Johnny 388
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr kent 691,985
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Aura Mytha 990,681
Jeffreys: Evangelicals will vote for Moore 4 hr whatever 6
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr Dec 2017 News 445,848
__POPE & ISRAEL to SIGN Historic Agreement__ 5 hr True Reporter 3
More from around the web