God is REAL - Miracles Happen!

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#5699 Aug 23, 2014
Edthirty wrote:
<quoted text>
So this God that represents peace and love is only there part time, is that what you're saying? Suffering has to be part of the equation on a daily basis? Speaking of "giving us all a chance," what "chance" do babies that are tortured, tossed into fires or murdered by any other means, get to have? Lastly, how do you know what "God did not say?" Or for that matter, how does anyone know what an invisible and silent God has or has not said?
By the word of God and no I didn't say anything about suffering ...... God did. So I do not judge it....I believe it with my whole heart, though....

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#5700 Aug 23, 2014
GodFreeByChoice wrote:
The "loving, caring" god of Christianity does not exist since it is neither loving nor caring.
It threatens "love me or suffer forever."
It exhibits all the traits of humanity, especially the cruel ones.
Even if it did exist, it would be a vain, malicious bully... not worthy of respect or love.
"I do understand what love is, and that is one of the reasons I can never again be a Christian.
Love is not self denial.
Love is not blood and suffering.
Love is not murdering your son to appease your own vanity.
Love is not hatred or wrath, consigning billions of people to eternal
torture because they have offended your ego or disobeyed your rules.
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission.
It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward.
True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy,
unafraid human being." ~~Dan Barker
Our parents discipline us out of love. God has to discipline us and that is also out of love.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5701 Aug 23, 2014
GodFreeByChoice wrote:
The "loving, caring" god of Christianity does not exist since it is neither loving nor caring.
It threatens "love me or suffer forever."
It exhibits all the traits of humanity, especially the cruel ones.
Even if it did exist, it would be a vain, malicious bully... not worthy of respect or love.
"I do understand what love is, and that is one of the reasons I can never again be a Christian.
Love is not self denial.
Love is not blood and suffering.
Love is not murdering your son to appease your own vanity.
Love is not hatred or wrath, consigning billions of people to eternal
torture because they have offended your ego or disobeyed your rules.
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission.
It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward.
True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy,
unafraid human being." ~~Dan Barker
you are not a Happy Atheist. how i know this ?

well, you are in denial. your smiling picture is just a picture.

you are not happy since husband maybe an alcoholic and a womanizer ?

“Happy Atheist”

Since: Apr 14

Central Florida

#5702 Aug 23, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text>Our parents discipline us out of love. God has to discipline us and that is also out of love.
Good parents don't punish *forever.*
That is not "discipline."
That is sadistic vengence for not believing.

“Happy Atheist”

Central Florida

#5703 Aug 23, 2014
^^^ Meant to add.....
It's a good thing Yahweh/Jesus/Hell/Heaven aren't real.

“Happy Atheist”

Central Florida

#5704 Aug 23, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
you are not a Happy Atheist. how i know this ?
well, you are in denial. your smiling picture is just a picture.
you are not happy since husband maybe an alcoholic and a womanizer ?
LOL! Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

“Behave Yourself”

Since: Jul 07

Fort Worth, Texas

#5705 Aug 23, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text>By the word of God and no I didn't say anything about suffering ...... God did. So I do not judge it....I believe it with my whole heart, though....
You ever notice how those who are convinced that God speaks have no way of proving how they know what He said? Same thing here. Did God speak to you? What did He sound like? So you admit that God approves of suffering, yes?
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5706 Aug 24, 2014
Edthirty wrote:
<quoted text>
You ever notice how those who are convinced that God speaks have no way of proving how they know what He said? Same thing here. Did God speak to you? What did He sound like? So you admit that God approves of suffering, yes?
and why do you keep talking about God ?

"Oh God", during sex.
"Oh God", when disappointed.
"Oh my God", when in disbelief.
etc etc etc

it only shows you believe there is God, but just too proud to admit his presence ?

“Behave Yourself”

Fort Worth, Texas

#5707 Aug 24, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
and why do you keep talking about God ?
"Oh God", during sex.
"Oh God", when disappointed.
"Oh my God", when in disbelief.
etc etc etc
it only shows you believe there is God, but just too proud to admit his presence ?
I've long since gotten away from using the term "god" when engaging interrogatories or exclamations after realizing I was an atheist. My references to "God" in my postings were to make a point about a lack of proof for any god or gods and to question those about their faith in God while having no supporting evidence. I'm a proud atheist, proud that I have no belief in any god or gods.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5708 Aug 24, 2014
:) huh ? are you sure ?

now you say, "Oh Satan", "Oh my Satan" ?:) just kidding Edthirty.

it is your right not to believe in God. you are free to be an Atheist.

“Behave Yourself”

Fort Worth, Texas

#5709 Aug 25, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
:) huh ? are you sure ?
now you say, "Oh Satan", "Oh my Satan" ?:) just kidding Edthirty.
it is your right not to believe in God. you are free to be an Atheist.
No offense taken, andet. I just hope someday you come to realize that I and other atheists like me are not evil and don't hate you for what you believe. We can be honest and principled people while caring about each other. I believe that it is better to preach the gospel of "be good to your fellow man, and love each other as life itself," than to preach the gospel of "believe in our religion or be damned." For it is better to be good to each other and to build on what we all agree to be true, than to insist that we all think alike.

----------

“Happy Atheist”

Central Florida

#5710 Aug 25, 2014
Edthirty wrote:
<quoted text>
No offense taken, andet. I just hope someday you come to realize that I and other atheists like me are not evil and don't hate you for what you believe. We can be honest and principled people while caring about each other. I believe that it is better to preach the gospel of "be good to your fellow man, and love each other as life itself," than to preach the gospel of "believe in our religion or be damned." For it is better to be good to each other and to build on what we all agree to be true, than to insist that we all think alike.
----------
Beautifully said, Ed.

I was recently standing on a corner downtown when a bible-wielding Christian jumped in front of a preteen boy with a skateboard under his arm. "Are you saved?" he yelled at the kid.
He then bullied the poor kid for 20 minutes, telling him that he might die at any time (maybe even today from getting into a fight at the skateboard park and someone knives him) and, if he didn't "accept Jesus" right NOW, he was going to go straight to hell.
The boy was too young and insecure to simply walk off. This man was all over him, pressuring him to "repent" and pray with him RIGHT NOW.

It was disturbing to watch but, in the end, some of the other members of that church walked over, interrupted, talked with the kid briefly and encouraged him to "think about it."

I wanted to say to him, "there are no gods, no heaven, no hell... just try to be a good person and do the right thing, because it's the right thing to do...don't be afraid to live."

But, unlike some, I don't give unsolicited advice to strangers. However, if you ASK, that's different!
;-)
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5711 Aug 25, 2014
Edthirty wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
i agree :) i do believe in God and his Miracles. but i don't believe in the Bible. and i don't read it.

“Behave Yourself”

Fort Worth, Texas

#5712 Aug 26, 2014
GodFreeByChoice wrote:
<quoted text>
Beautifully said, Ed.
I;-)
Thank you!
Tony

Beverly Hills, CA

#5713 Sep 16, 2014
Here is a great verse...
----------
"Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless."

—Isaiah 10:1-2

----------

May God bless you!

Tony V.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5714 Sep 16, 2014
Edthirty wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
i agree 100% Edthirty. i believe in God. and that's it. i am not promoting Christianity or any other beliefs.

i don't read or believe in the Bible. the Bible only teaches Bible fanatics to become hateful of gays which very wrong. hating gays is not practicing Christianity.
Tony

Anaheim, CA

#5715 Oct 13, 2014
Here is a great verse...

----------

"Comfort, comfort my people," says your God.

Isaiah 40:1

----------

May God bless you!

Tony V.

“Behave Yourself”

Fort Worth, Texas

#5716 Oct 14, 2014
God Kills to Make Believers

The anger of God rose against them, and he killed their strongest men; he struck down the finest of Israel's young men. But in spite of this, the people kept on sinning. They refused to believe in his miracles. So he ended their lives in failure and gave them years of terror. When God killed some of them, the rest finally sought him. They repented and turned to God.(Psalms 78:31-34

“Behave Yourself”

Fort Worth, Texas

#5717 Oct 14, 2014
God's Threat:

You will be engaged to a woman, but another man will ravish her. You will build a house, but someone else will live in it. You will plant a vineyard, but you will never enjoy its fruit. Your ox will be butchered before your eyes, but you won't get a single bite of the meat. Your donkey will be driven away, never to be returned. Your sheep will be given to your enemies, and no one will be there to help you. You will watch as your sons and daughters are taken away as slaves. Your heart will break as you long for them, but nothing you do will help. A foreign nation you have never heard about will eat the crops you worked so hard to grow. You will suffer under constant oppression and harsh treatment. You will go mad because of all the tragedy around you. The LORD will cover you from head to foot with incurable boils.(Deuteronomy 28:30-35 NLT)
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5718 Oct 14, 2014
God is real. Miracles do happen. I witnessed a real Miracle last June 30, 2011.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Last TRUMP (Donald Trump) Of God 9 min Prophecy 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min Gabriel 995,743
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 31 min USAsince1680 79,508
Trump Jr met with a CONVICTED PEDOPHILE during ... 36 min Doctor REALITY 7
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 1 hr God s Chosen Child 33,239
Fischbach army depot-NATO site 67 (Mar '07) 1 hr Paul hamel 488
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Rosesz 701,415
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr Johnny 448,360