God is REAL - Miracles Happen!

“Happy Atheist”

Since: Apr 14

Central Florida

#5636 Aug 11, 2014
Edthirty wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck getting some people to understand the true definition of "miracle" as opposed to "isolated incidents."
Not sure what you means by "isolated incidents." Please explain.
So called "miracles" are seldom seen as a series of events.

Most people use the term incorrectly. It is not simply something that occurs that is against long odds of happening...as in "he survived the car crash but others died."

A "miracle" by definition defies the laws of Nature and so is attributed to a supernatural agency. The impossible seems to happen.

It doesn't really happen of course, but gullible people still want to believe it.

“Behave Yourself”

Since: Jul 07

Fort Worth, Texas

#5637 Aug 11, 2014
GodFreeByChoice wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure what you means by "isolated incidents." Please explain.
So called "miracles" are seldom seen as a series of events.
Most people use the term incorrectly. It is not simply something that occurs that is against long odds of happening...as in "he survived the car crash but others died."
A "miracle" by definition defies the laws of Nature and so is attributed to a supernatural agency. The impossible seems to happen.
It doesn't really happen of course, but gullible people still want to believe it.
By isolated incident, I meant a singular act that was random in nature, not divine intervention or supernatural occurrence. Sometimes events do defy the odds, however, this does not make it a true miracle. To me, a "miracle" would be the sudden disappearance of cancer, infectious disease, racism and/or stupidity. You're right about those who are gullible. They want in the worst way to believe in something or someone that isn't there, where proof of His or its existence is conveniently missing.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5638 Aug 11, 2014
Edthirty wrote:
<quoted text>
By isolated incident, I meant a singular act that was random in nature, not divine intervention or supernatural occurrence. Sometimes events do defy the odds, however, this does not make it a true miracle. To me, a "miracle" would be the sudden disappearance of cancer, infectious disease, racism and/or stupidity. You're right about those who are gullible. They want in the worst way to believe in something or someone that isn't there, where proof of His or its existence is conveniently missing.
you and that witch are gullible, not me. i am not interested in the Bible and the Miracles. i seldom go to church. i am not a religious person.

it just happened that i witnessed A REAL MIRACLE on June 30, 2011. what can i do ? just dismiss it as magic or something wrong with my eyes or brain ? is that what you want ?

you can not force yourself on someones experience. you were not there when it happened. i was there. i have more authority to what i really witnessed.

it is just easy for you to say it was not a miracle.

OF COURSE IT WAS A REAL MIRACLE !!!!!!!!!!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#5639 Aug 11, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
you and that witch are gullible, not me. i am not interested in the Bible and the Miracles. i seldom go to church. i am not a religious person.
it just happened that i witnessed A REAL MIRACLE on June 30, 2011. what can i do ? just dismiss it as magic or something wrong with my eyes or brain ? is that what you want ?
you can not force yourself on someones experience. you were not there when it happened. i was there. i have more authority to what i really witnessed.
it is just easy for you to say it was not a miracle.
OF COURSE IT WAS A REAL MIRACLE !!!!!!!!!!
You said yourself that you did not see it not rain on Jeff. You said you were in the store, so you cannot say there was no >reasonable and rational< explanation. Gonna change your story?
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5641 Aug 11, 2014
circles
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5644 Aug 11, 2014
Mr Duplicity wrote:
<quoted text> Wow! looks like someone missed Med call.
no i did not miss a Med call.

i am stable:

financially (i have lots of $$$)
mentally
emotionally
physically
psychologically

actually, compared to me, you are nothing:

i won 2 gay beauty contests
i received 4 academic awards and an honor during high school graduation
i was an academic scholar both high school and college
i was hugely applauded when i danced solo during Christmas parties at work
i witnessed a real Miracle last June 30, 2011
i have lots of golds and diamonds
i have investment that is growing
a lot of people told me i look 20 years younger

you are way below my level, ok ?

your response will not be read. why should i waste my time dealing with an inferior person like you ? no way !!!

“Happy Atheist”

Central Florida

#5645 Aug 11, 2014
Mr Duplicity wrote:
<quoted text> Richard Pryor does a better routine. I noticed you use a lower case g when spelling God, may I ask why?
Because "god" is a job description.
Individual (imaginary) superbeings have names, like Odin or Zeus.

The god of the Hebrews (and therefore the Christians) had lots of titles like "alpha and omega," the great "I AM," and Adonai (lord).
They used these titles and other descriptive phrases instead of "his" name... which was Yahweh or Jehovah... because they thought "his" name was too sacred to be spoken by mere humans.
Jews won't even write g o d, spelling it G_D in order not to offend "him."
(In magic, words and especially names are supposed to possess a lot of power, you see.)
Primitive ju-ju and superstition. Still in practice today.

I agree that Richard Pryor is brilliant, but I still prefer Carlin.

“Happy Atheist”

Central Florida

#5646 Aug 11, 2014
Mr Duplicity wrote:
<quoted text> Wow! looks like someone missed Med call.
Andet is somewhat insecure and he tries valiantly to cover up.
In his next post, you will hear his entire life story.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5647 Aug 11, 2014
GodFreeByChoice wrote:
<quoted text>
Andet is somewhat insecure and he tries valiantly to cover up.
In his next post, you will hear his entire life story.
ha ha :) insecure ? probably a little only.

with God in my side, with my $$, jewelries, and investment, with my license,

I Will Survive

Gloria GAYnor

“See how you are?”

Earth

#5648 Aug 12, 2014
Mr Duplicity wrote:
<quoted text> Richard Pryor does a better routine. I noticed you use a lower case g when spelling God, may I ask why?
Capitalize God when referring directly to the biblical god (God) by name (even though that isn't it). When referring to any god - YHWH, Zeus, Odin, et al the word just indicates a category and is not capitalized.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5649 Aug 12, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Capitalize God when referring directly to the biblical god (God) by name (even though that isn't it). When referring to any god - YHWH, Zeus, Odin, et al the word just indicates a category and is not capitalized.
that is correct :)

http://www.bing.com/videos/search...

“Happy Atheist”

Central Florida

#5650 Aug 12, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that, in order to converse with them, we have to use their jargon, but using "God" (capital g) to refer to Yahweh only re-enforces the Christians belief that theirs is the ONLY god. I like to point out that their particular imaginary friend has a name by using that name.(It's petty I know, but hey...)

"God" is a word. Not a name, no matter how much they want it to be.

Gods, of any sort, are imaginary.

It's amazing how many times you have pointed out to andet that he didn't actually SEE a miracle... and he simply pretends that being told about it equals seeing it.

Now if andet had seen two 1/2 umbrellas floating, with no visible support, over Jeff and his pamphlets, he *might* have something to talk about. But he didn't.

When you get there AFTER the "miracle," you got nothing but heresay.

In andet's world, seeing a miracle is right up there with winning a beauty contest.
It means he is special.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5651 Aug 12, 2014
GodFreeByChoice wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that, in order to converse with them, we have to use their jargon, but using "God" (capital g) to refer to Yahweh only re-enforces the Christians belief that theirs is the ONLY god. I like to point out that their particular imaginary friend has a name by using that name.(It's petty I know, but hey...)
It's amazing how many times you have pointed out to andet that he didn't actually SEE a miracle... and he simply pretends that being told about it equals seeing it.
Now if andet had seen two 1/2 umbrellas floating, with no visible support, over Jeff and his pamphlets, he *might* have something to talk about. But he didn't.
In andet's world, seeing a miracle is right up there with winning a beauty contest.
It means he is special.
huh ? i saw those 2 perfect dry semi circles. therefore, i witnessed a real Miracle. what more do you need ?:)

also, Jeff said, "It's a Miracle." and i saw those 2 semi circles. i witnessed a real Miracle.

Jeff did not say, "oh you missed a real Miracle. you did not witness how the rain avoided me and the religious pamphlets." he did not say that.

Jeff said, "It's a Miracle." and i saw those 2 perfect dry semi circles. and i agreed with Jeff. it was indeed a real Miracle.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#5654 Aug 13, 2014
GodFreeByChoice wrote:
<quoted text>
It means he is special.
<shrug> It's used in the stories as a proper noun - just like Smaug, Grendel or Mothra. It doesn't make any of those things real. Fundies are Special with a capital S.

“Happy Atheist”

Central Florida

#5655 Aug 13, 2014
Mr Duplicity wrote:
<quoted text> Thank You.
I always thought of God as a title given to something not understood and labeled as so and marketed to the vulnerable.
Excellent description. I like it!
:-)

“Happy Atheist”

Central Florida

#5656 Aug 13, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
<shrug> Fundies are Special with a capital S.
True that.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5657 Aug 13, 2014
GodFreeByChoice wrote:
<quoted text>
True that.
here is a list of people like you who became people like me :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_converts...

God is real...... Miracles happen :)

“Happy Atheist”

Central Florida

#5658 Aug 13, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
here is a list of people like you who became people like me :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_converts...
God is real...... Miracles happen :)
Instead of claiming that these people "became like you" (which they certainly didn't), perhaps you should try to become more like them.

Try to accomplish something notable in your life besides "I won 2 gay beauty contests" and "I did well in high school."

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#5659 Aug 13, 2014
GodFreeByChoice wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of claiming that these people "became like you" (which they certainly didn't), perhaps you should try to become more like them.
Try to accomplish something notable in your life besides "I won 2 gay beauty contests" and "I did well in high school."
Excuse me, but who are you to judge anyone except yourself? Why do you appear so offended (or threatened) by someone who is not like you? Please, I am being candid here, and really want to understand. I truly am not being a wiseazz.TYIA
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5660 Aug 13, 2014
GodFreeByChoice wrote:
<quoted text>
those 2 gay beauty contest wins and my 4 academic awards will stay in my mind for the rest of my life.

diamonds are forever
they are all i need to please me..........

of course, i consider witnessing a real Miracle as a great accomplishment since God allowed me to witness his presence :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 6 min RiccardoFire 44,353
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 11 min It aint necessari... 38,103
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 18 min Janitor Of The LORD 618,390
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 28 min RiccardoFire 182,276
Massage 28 min dildome 5
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 29 min kent 641,509
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 31 min RiccardoFire 104,665
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr ffj 969,959
More from around the web