God is REAL - Miracles Happen!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#5510 Jul 13, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
God does not discriminate. i maybe Gay, but God allowed me to witness one of his many Miracles.
i witnessed a real Miracle last June 30, 2011.:)
God doesn't care if you are gay any more than Spongebob Squarepants did when he soaked up the wet spots on a sidewalk a couple years ago.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5511 Jul 13, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
God doesn't care if you are gay any more than Spongebob Squarepants did when he soaked up the wet spots on a sidewalk a couple years ago.
ha ha :) hi CM :)

if God does not care if i am gay, then what is written in the Bible is not true. anyway, why would i care about the Bible. it is written by man. and man is not perfect. man makes mistakes. and the Bible is full of mistakes.

of course God is real.......... Miracles do happen.:)

“See how you are?”

Earth

#5512 Jul 13, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
ha ha :) hi CM :)
if God does not care if i am gay, then what is written in the Bible is not true. anyway, why would i care about the Bible. it is written by man. and man is not perfect. man makes mistakes. and the Bible is full of mistakes.
of course God is real.......... Miracles do happen.:)
Quite right. The Bible is not true, it is written, over-thought and reinterpreted by man, man is not perfect and makes mistakes (and created in a perfect "God's image") and the Bible is full of mistakes....which somehow still leads you to still believe the biblical god is real......
So the question is not whether miracles happen or not, it is:
Not enough meds or too many?

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#5513 Jul 13, 2014
I probably shouldn't even reply here, but It just seemed to cause my Bible Belt to twist and get too tight....lol

There is a straight and narrow path that we must follow if we want to be Christians and serve God. The path is narrow and the ways are tough, and you must strive to stay on this path (it takes commitment and work) The path is so narrow that there are many ways to step off, especially if you are not continuously watching or being conscious of sins. So it is easy to get off path, but if you are trying with all of your heart, God lets you know when you step off path. If you don't try to override it and willfully sin.

However, there is a seem right way, and broad is its path that leads to destruction. Many will and already do walk this path. They sin and don't even know because they have overrode the instruction from God too many times. This is the easy way and many people like it, but its ways lead to destruction.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#5514 Jul 13, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
I probably shouldn't even reply here, but It just seemed to cause my Bible Belt to twist and get too tight....lol
There is a straight and narrow path that we must follow if we want to be Christians and serve God. The path is narrow and the ways are tough, and you must strive to stay on this path (it takes commitment and work) The path is so narrow that there are many ways to step off, especially if you are not continuously watching or being conscious of sins. So it is easy to get off path, but if you are trying with all of your heart, God lets you know when you step off path. If you don't try to override it and willfully sin.
However, there is a seem right way, and broad is its path that leads to destruction. Many will and already do walk this path. They sin and don't even know because they have overrode the instruction from God too many times. This is the easy way and many people like it, but its ways lead to destruction.
We thought you left.... again.
You said you were leaving... again.

But you just can't help yourself, can you?
Despite the fact that the Christians here already agree with you, and the atheists/agnostics think you are a delusion fool.

There is nothing worse than a smoker who has recently kicked the habit or a "sinner" who has found religion. "This is great! This is wonderful! YOU HAVE TO DO IT TOO!"

Not buying it, honey..... ever.

Let's Play

#5515 Jul 13, 2014
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
We thought you left.... again.
You said you were leaving... again.
But you just can't help yourself, can you?
Despite the fact that the Christians here already agree with you, and the atheists/agnostics think you are a delusion fool.
There is nothing worse than a smoker who has recently kicked the habit or a "sinner" who has found religion. "This is great! This is wonderful! YOU HAVE TO DO IT TOO!"
Not buying it, honey..... ever.
No, I can't help it, for real though. But yeah I just called a truce. I do respect the others on here, though. It is odd that through debate, I did become fond of C-Man and AM...even though, I still believe in God and they don't. And yeah they probably do think I am delusion, but that is alright.

You seem very uptight and upset most of the time and I am not sure why that is. I don't want to sell you anything.....but I do wish you well and hope for your happiness, as I do for all.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#5516 Jul 13, 2014
<quoted text>No, I can't help it, for real though. But yeah I just called a truce. I do respect the others on here, though. It is odd that through debate, I did become fond of C-Man and AM...even though, I still believe in God and they don't. And yeah they probably do think I am delusion, but that is alright.
You seem very uptight and upset most of the time and I am not sure why that is. I don't want to sell you anything.....but I do wish you well and hope for your happiness, as I do for all.
If you have any microgram of common sense, please apply it to the notion that a human-like god created the entirety of space and time so that it could boss around desert dwelling questionably intelligent apes expressly for the purpose of demanding they praise it.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5517 Jul 13, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite right. The Bible is not true, it is written, over-thought and reinterpreted by man, man is not perfect and makes mistakes (and created in a perfect "God's image") and the Bible is full of mistakes....which somehow still leads you to still believe the biblical god is real......
So the question is not whether miracles happen or not, it is:
Not enough meds or too many?
i only have meds for diabetes. being able to witness a real Miracle is not a sign of delusions. no way Josefina. Miracles do happen.

Jeff is still very active spreading his religious booklets and talking to passersby. he is mentally able. i saw a few teens talk to him in the sidewalk. that means, those teens believed in Jeff's mental capability.:)

“See how you are?”

Earth

#5518 Jul 13, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
i only have meds for diabetes. being able to witness a real Miracle is not a sign of delusions. no way Josefina. Miracles do happen.
Jeff is still very active spreading his religious booklets and talking to passersby. he is mentally able. i saw a few teens talk to him in the sidewalk. that means, those teens believed in Jeff's mental capability.:)
Seeing things you lack the ability and willingness to rationally explain does not make your dreams come true. I don't have faith that either you or "those teens" are qualified to make an evaluation on your Jeff's soundness of mind..

Let's Play

#5520 Jul 13, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have any microgram of common sense, please apply it to the notion that a human-like god created the entirety of space and time so that it could boss around desert dwelling questionably intelligent apes expressly for the purpose of demanding they praise it.
C-Man, I have plenty of common sense, and I choose to believe in God because I know that he is real. I have had many experience that cannot be explained other than a true and living God being behind them. I would share, but I am afraid you guys might speak negative about that which I have experienced, through your lack of understanding. I wouldn't want to be responsible for that so that is why I have chosen not to comment on the things that I have witnessed and experienced.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#5521 Jul 13, 2014
<quoted text>C-Man, I have plenty of common sense, and I choose to believe in God because I know that he is real. I have had many experience that cannot be explained other than a true and living God being behind them. I would share, but I am afraid you guys might speak negative about that which I have experienced, through your lack of understanding. I wouldn't want to be responsible for that so that is why I have chosen not to comment on the things that I have witnessed and experienced.
It is not my intention to be mean or spiteful. I do understand that some people's minds fill an emotional want with something that is not real. To a point you have my sympathy. Beyond that point I think you are self indulgent (to put it kindly). When I say that y'all are delusional, I mean it as a dispassionate and objective factual description, not to be personally insulting or spiteful.

Let's Play

#5522 Jul 13, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not my intention to be mean or spiteful. I do understand that some people's minds fill an emotional want with something that is not real. To a point you have my sympathy. Beyond that point I think you are self indulgent (to put it kindly). When I say that y'all are delusional, I mean it as a dispassionate and objective factual description, not to be personally insulting or spiteful.
I do not take it as you being spiteful or mean. I consider you to be spiritually limited. You do not believe so you cannot experience it for yourself. I hope that one day God will allow you to see a true miracle that you might believe. But have you ever really sat down and wondered why there are so many people who believe in God. It is not just poor or uneducated people who believe in God. There are many wealthy and highly educated people that believe in God......Does that not make you wonder why?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#5523 Jul 13, 2014
<quoted text>I do not take it as you being spiteful or mean. I consider you to be spiritually limited. You do not believe so you cannot experience it for yourself. I hope that one day God will allow you to see a true miracle that you might believe. But have you ever really sat down and wondered why there are so many people who believe in God. It is not just poor or uneducated people who believe in God. There are many wealthy and highly educated people that believe in God......Does that not make you wonder why?
So, to be delusional I have to first want to be delusional. Doesn't sound like much of a deal to me.
I think that so many people believe in a god or religious philosophy because specific centers of our brains have developed in such a way as to make such imbalances "normal." You do not see any other animal showing deference to religious symbols, which should be the case if there were any pervasive spirit of God among "His creatures." Since (among a great many other reasons you would also ignore) termites will gladly eat a church and any dog would pee on a cross, I'm going to call divinity bogus.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#5524 Jul 13, 2014
<quoted text>I do not take it as you being spiteful or mean. I consider you to be spiritually limited. You do not believe so you cannot experience it for yourself. I hope that one day God will allow you to see a true miracle that you might believe. But have you ever really sat down and wondered why there are so many people who believe in God. It is not just poor or uneducated people who believe in God. There are many wealthy and highly educated people that believe in God......Does that not make you wonder why?
It's not even mysterious why most people are religious.
It's genetic and religious people have lots of kids, but in prehistoric times it was an evolutionary advantage, because it brought large groups of people together, and this is favorable in diversity.
But it was and has become a stumbling block to enlightenment, and causes massive rejection to knowledge that is in conflict to ancient primitive beliefs and ways.

Let's Play

#5525 Jul 13, 2014
Churches and crosses are just man made. They are not supernatural. A church will burn just as fast as any house will. People should not worship a church or a cross. A cross is just a symbol, it has no supernatural powers.

As to faith, there has been evidence to show a connection between faith and health.
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/2720...

We are now witnessing the uniting of science and spirit, the combination of body, mind, and soul, to reveal the stunning effects of faith on both physical and emotional health.?
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5526 Jul 13, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
of course the teens and i can give an honest evaluation of Jeff's mental soundness. we talked to Jeff. everything he says is coherent. he speaks just like a normal person. it's not only teens who spoke to him. i saw him talking to mature people too. he is a nice normal person.

when he said, "It's a Miracle." not only was he mentally sound, but i saw and witnessed that Miracle with my 2 eyes. i saw that Miracle myself.

when he was talking to those teens, i was about to say, "Guys, this guy Jeff, is not an ordinary religious booklet distributor. i witnessed a real Miracle that involved Jeff and his religious booklets."

but i did not do it. i did not want to disturb their conversation.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#5527 Jul 14, 2014
Churches and crosses are just man made. They are not supernatural. A church will burn just as fast as any house will. People should not worship a church or a cross. A cross is just a symbol, it has no supernatural powers.
As to faith, there has been evidence to show a connection between faith and health.
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/2720...
We are now witnessing the uniting of science and spirit, the combination of body, mind, and soul, to reveal the stunning effects of faith on both physical and emotional health.?
Of course they are. Churches , crosses, Bibles, all the stories and trappings... Man made. That was the point.
I have no doubt that one's state of mind and contact with social support does affect patients' health. That is "the power of positive thinking." The term "faith" does not necessitate a connection to a (your) specific religion, deity, or any deity at all - it could as easily be >boundless faith< in one's local KKK chapter, Moose Lodge, Wiccan coven, Shinto temple or Scientology center(?) with similar or same results. No god need apply.
So I went to Greg Anderson's page and found that it's written in Latin. What the hell?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#5528 Jul 14, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
of course the teens and i can give an honest evaluation of Jeff's mental soundness. we talked to Jeff. everything he says is coherent. he speaks just like a normal person. it's not only teens who spoke to him. i saw him talking to mature people too. he is a nice normal person.
when he said, "It's a Miracle." not only was he mentally sound, but i saw and witnessed that Miracle with my 2 eyes. i saw that Miracle myself.
when he was talking to those teens, i was about to say, "Guys, this guy Jeff, is not an ordinary religious booklet distributor. i witnessed a real Miracle that involved Jeff and his religious booklets."
but i did not do it. i did not want to disturb their conversation.
"He speaks just like a normal person...". I catch the nuance. Do you?
I remind you AGAIN. You said you saw dry spots on the pavement. You did not say you watched it not rain in two half circles. Not a miracle.
Don't get me wrong - if Jeff's fantasy will keep the teens from thumping little old ladies for their grocery money or robbing a liquor store, I'm all for it. I just hope they don't vote for some nuttier than a jar of filberts crackpot fundamentalist politician when they hit adulthood.

Let's Play

#5529 Jul 14, 2014
Anyhow there is a purpose for faith right.

But yeah I was hoping you could translate the Latin for me.....lol

“See how you are?”

Earth

#5530 Jul 14, 2014
Anyhow there is a purpose for faith right.
But yeah I was hoping you could translate the Latin for me.....lol
A usefulness of faith, confidence, trust, support, belief, hope, conviction... does not infer the existence of a Hairy Thunderer or Cosmic Muffin.
It's gibberish to me. It's also gibberish to the translation programs I've tried. I have to wonder at the mindset of a religious guy who is trying to help cancer patients by writing in a dead language.

"This page is required to post a comment. A look at how the Bureau nor the element of To-morrow. It's not a tank. It's also times faster. The mass of the gas in the quiver itself to extreme poverty, Listing just the price. Play Kitchen scientists do, but the impact of the user interface. To-morrow is the author of the valleys, but there was none. The world's largest travel agency or a lot of it was said to them with arrows. Tomorrow Gazette newspaper bags, a recipe cards that problems. Unfortunately, most, my, it's just while around the world, but more work magazines and newspapers, for instance. Beating the Chinese Bureau. The process. Unfortunately, the tank can be adjusted in the budget airline, a strategic marketing team. But maybe the element of fear. It's a very attractive market research online booking. In order to pays bills alone, but rather some kind of worth it. To-morrow is great, with arrows, you put the football, Bureau of the working class.

To-morrow, but a lot of the downtown, and to help you. Also, my cats, or pursues or who but a soft, mourning vehicles options. It's a place to start a small organization in order to achieve sales. At times, and advising hunger and before itself first in the throat. Earn itself, a lion, a soft The environmental crisis of life, health care was in my throat. In order that needs to get used to help you, the customer may, chocolate cats. It happens to implement the lakes, the ferry that you need on your computer, the time or pain. Aeneas, and the laughter of the time, it's going to be a lot of fun, a lot of networks. Of life now look at the issue of real estate can help you."

Good luck with that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min Regina 654,248
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 min bad bob 183,188
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Gabriel 973,899
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 11 min hpcaban 9,379
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 11 min here 64,232
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 12 min Toby 106,577
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 17 min ImFree2Choose 2,592
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 32 min onemale 281,918
More from around the web