God is REAL - Miracles Happen!

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#5500 Jul 6, 2014
You just can't take the heat here.....I just showed how the Bible could be correlating with evolution and that is a scary thought for you Mr. Matthew Hopkins.....lol

Let's Play

#5501 Jul 6, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Analyzing what biblical passages might have meant in relation to what we now know and what the ancient Semites clearly did not know and "God" did not tell them is a waste of time. It's like looking for the deeper meanings in "Tarzan and the Ant Men." Simply put, there are none.
The Bible even says not to take it literal. It is a parable, you must seek out the knowledge from the Bible. Sadly, you choose to just take it literal so your eyes are blind and your ears cannot hear.....

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#5502 Jul 6, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
present and treated*****
Is that Ad blocker safe, my norton just ran out. I don't want to download a virus.
Ad Blocker appears to be safe, though my antivirus program has doubts. That happens sometimes with browser add ons and you do need to be careful with them wanting to change your settings, permissions and preferences, but I've had no problems with it so far.
It's off topic and might be regarded spam, but here's what I'd recommend.
I don't like Symantec/Norton for a couple of reasons going back years. I never recommend it or McAffee. I used them both in the DOS days, but not a fan now.
These are some of the free security and system utilities programs that I have used at one time and/or another with good results. Others might recommend something else. It might be tedious, but check independent reviews (and remember that who was on top 6 months ago might be #6 this month).

AVG or Avast antivirus
Commodo or Zone Alarm firewall
CCleaner
Advanced System Care
Spybot S&D
Any freeware is going to try to sell you modules and packages. Nobody needs everything.

Some caution is that even if you can't be too safe, you can have too much going on in the background and some programs do conflict with others. Neither you nor your computer should be spending all of your time and resources managing system utilities and it doesn't help if the program(s) block you as well as supposed threats. Also, there is a variety of browsers you can use. Firefox, Explorer, Chrome (no relation), Safari - Commodo firewall comes with one called Dragon... It's mainly a matter of preference, but you might find one easier to use, more stable or more functional than another.
Make sure you completely uninstall Norton before you install something else! Antivirus programs don't play well with others.
You can go to download.com to get any on the list. CNET has a pretty good reputation for not distributing malware.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#5503 Jul 6, 2014
<quoted text>The Bible even says not to take it literal. It is a parable, you must seek out the knowledge from the Bible. Sadly, you choose to just take it literal so your eyes are blind and your ears cannot hear.....
Discern the knowledge from the chaff. I do not take it literally and I don't have any grudge against it as an ancient book. I disagree with those airheads who promote it as something it is not.

Let's Play

#5504 Jul 6, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ad Blocker appears to be safe, though my antivirus program has doubts. That happens sometimes with browser add ons and you do need to be careful with them wanting to change your settings, permissions and preferences, but I've had no problems with it so far.
It's off topic and might be regarded spam, but here's what I'd recommend.
I don't like Symantec/Norton for a couple of reasons going back years. I never recommend it or McAffee. I used them both in the DOS days, but not a fan now.
These are some of the free security and system utilities programs that I have used at one time and/or another with good results. Others might recommend something else. It might be tedious, but check independent reviews (and remember that who was on top 6 months ago might be #6 this month).
AVG or Avast antivirus
Commodo or Zone Alarm firewall
CCleaner
Advanced System Care
Spybot S&D
Any freeware is going to try to sell you modules and packages. Nobody needs everything.
Some caution is that even if you can't be too safe, you can have too much going on in the background and some programs do conflict with others. Neither you nor your computer should be spending all of your time and resources managing system utilities and it doesn't help if the program(s) block you as well as supposed threats. Also, there is a variety of browsers you can use. Firefox, Explorer, Chrome (no relation), Safari - Commodo firewall comes with one called Dragon... It's mainly a matter of preference, but you might find one easier to use, more stable or more functional than another.
Make sure you completely uninstall Norton before you install something else! Antivirus programs don't play well with others.
You can go to download.com to get any on the list. CNET has a pretty good reputation for not distributing malware.
Thanks, for the advice....

Let's Play

#5505 Jul 6, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Discern the knowledge from the chaff. I do not take it literally and I don't have any grudge against it as an ancient book. I disagree with those airheads who promote it as something it is not.
You are very intellectual and a much worthy opponent. I do still continue to believe in God but would like to call a truce.....lol

I really do believe in to each their own and would not try and force any of my beliefs or opinions on anyone.

I have a very wise friend whom I debate religion and the Bible with sometimes....I think he is very wise. He states that he likes to debate.....He recites, "prove me wrong if you can, because if I am proved wrong then I have learned something".....but I have never with out a doubt proven him wrong yet....I am still trying though...lol

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#5506 Jul 6, 2014
<quoted text>I am not saying that animals don't adapt and mutate. I am saying I do not believe the evolution theory on how life began.
I have said I am opened minded....so here is a thought ....God created the sea and said let it bring forth its own....God created land and said let it bring forth its own. God said he made man from dirt.....God took a rib from Adam and made woman. God spoke of a snake with legs that was cursed to crawl upon its belly. So there was enmity with man and snake. Snake would bruise a mans heal. So it kind of evolved with some better survival qualities. It is faster than we are and can hide on the ground, wow. Now, take out the six day time limit because like I said before the Bible is a parable not literal. So in the end, creation could have some evolution processes, with one main difference the beginning was created by the Creator.
Anyhow, wow, if that is the case....umm, umm, umm.....I wonder where 'ole Darwin is today....lol
Oh so it's literal, till we get to the part you don't like.....Gotcha.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#5507 Jul 6, 2014
<quoted text> You are very intellectual and a much worthy opponent. I do still continue to believe in God but would like to call a truce.....lol
I really do believe in to each their own and would not try and force any of my beliefs or opinions on anyone.
I have a very wise friend whom I debate religion and the Bible with sometimes....I think he is very wise. He states that he likes to debate.....He recites, "prove me wrong if you can, because if I am proved wrong then I have learned something".....but I have never with out a doubt proven him wrong yet....I am still trying though...lol
No worries. Believing in the god made in man's image doesn't mean science (including evolutionary biology) is a bugaboo. Perhaps some day there will be evidence of a guiding hand behind the physical laws. That day has not come and there is no glimmer on the horizon that it will.
One does not have to be an atheist for a light switch to work and antibiotics function the same for Amish, Pentacostals and Jehovah's Witnesse as they do for cows.

Let's Play

#5508 Jul 6, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh so it's literal, till we get to the part you don't like.....Gotcha.
You also have a high intellect. But I am tired with the debating for now so truce to you as well....I have enjoyed debating with you though....I looked at some of the other threads about religion on here and well I didn't even want to reply to that mess...so you guys are my fave's on this site......

This may be the last time I say this.....LIVE and Let LIVE.......Peace and I'm out for now.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5509 Jul 12, 2014
God does not discriminate. i maybe Gay, but God allowed me to witness one of his many Miracles.

i witnessed a real Miracle last June 30, 2011.:)

“See how you are?”

Earth

#5510 Jul 13, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
God does not discriminate. i maybe Gay, but God allowed me to witness one of his many Miracles.
i witnessed a real Miracle last June 30, 2011.:)
God doesn't care if you are gay any more than Spongebob Squarepants did when he soaked up the wet spots on a sidewalk a couple years ago.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5511 Jul 13, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
God doesn't care if you are gay any more than Spongebob Squarepants did when he soaked up the wet spots on a sidewalk a couple years ago.
ha ha :) hi CM :)

if God does not care if i am gay, then what is written in the Bible is not true. anyway, why would i care about the Bible. it is written by man. and man is not perfect. man makes mistakes. and the Bible is full of mistakes.

of course God is real.......... Miracles do happen.:)

“See how you are?”

Earth

#5512 Jul 13, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
ha ha :) hi CM :)
if God does not care if i am gay, then what is written in the Bible is not true. anyway, why would i care about the Bible. it is written by man. and man is not perfect. man makes mistakes. and the Bible is full of mistakes.
of course God is real.......... Miracles do happen.:)
Quite right. The Bible is not true, it is written, over-thought and reinterpreted by man, man is not perfect and makes mistakes (and created in a perfect "God's image") and the Bible is full of mistakes....which somehow still leads you to still believe the biblical god is real......
So the question is not whether miracles happen or not, it is:
Not enough meds or too many?

Let's Play

#5513 Jul 13, 2014
I probably shouldn't even reply here, but It just seemed to cause my Bible Belt to twist and get too tight....lol

There is a straight and narrow path that we must follow if we want to be Christians and serve God. The path is narrow and the ways are tough, and you must strive to stay on this path (it takes commitment and work) The path is so narrow that there are many ways to step off, especially if you are not continuously watching or being conscious of sins. So it is easy to get off path, but if you are trying with all of your heart, God lets you know when you step off path. If you don't try to override it and willfully sin.

However, there is a seem right way, and broad is its path that leads to destruction. Many will and already do walk this path. They sin and don't even know because they have overrode the instruction from God too many times. This is the easy way and many people like it, but its ways lead to destruction.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#5514 Jul 13, 2014
I probably shouldn't even reply here, but It just seemed to cause my Bible Belt to twist and get too tight....lol
There is a straight and narrow path that we must follow if we want to be Christians and serve God. The path is narrow and the ways are tough, and you must strive to stay on this path (it takes commitment and work) The path is so narrow that there are many ways to step off, especially if you are not continuously watching or being conscious of sins. So it is easy to get off path, but if you are trying with all of your heart, God lets you know when you step off path. If you don't try to override it and willfully sin.
However, there is a seem right way, and broad is its path that leads to destruction. Many will and already do walk this path. They sin and don't even know because they have overrode the instruction from God too many times. This is the easy way and many people like it, but its ways lead to destruction.
We thought you left.... again.
You said you were leaving... again.

But you just can't help yourself, can you?
Despite the fact that the Christians here already agree with you, and the atheists/agnostics think you are a delusion fool.

There is nothing worse than a smoker who has recently kicked the habit or a "sinner" who has found religion. "This is great! This is wonderful! YOU HAVE TO DO IT TOO!"

Not buying it, honey..... ever.

Let's Play

#5515 Jul 13, 2014
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
We thought you left.... again.
You said you were leaving... again.
But you just can't help yourself, can you?
Despite the fact that the Christians here already agree with you, and the atheists/agnostics think you are a delusion fool.
There is nothing worse than a smoker who has recently kicked the habit or a "sinner" who has found religion. "This is great! This is wonderful! YOU HAVE TO DO IT TOO!"
Not buying it, honey..... ever.
No, I can't help it, for real though. But yeah I just called a truce. I do respect the others on here, though. It is odd that through debate, I did become fond of C-Man and AM...even though, I still believe in God and they don't. And yeah they probably do think I am delusion, but that is alright.

You seem very uptight and upset most of the time and I am not sure why that is. I don't want to sell you anything.....but I do wish you well and hope for your happiness, as I do for all.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#5516 Jul 13, 2014
<quoted text>No, I can't help it, for real though. But yeah I just called a truce. I do respect the others on here, though. It is odd that through debate, I did become fond of C-Man and AM...even though, I still believe in God and they don't. And yeah they probably do think I am delusion, but that is alright.
You seem very uptight and upset most of the time and I am not sure why that is. I don't want to sell you anything.....but I do wish you well and hope for your happiness, as I do for all.
If you have any microgram of common sense, please apply it to the notion that a human-like god created the entirety of space and time so that it could boss around desert dwelling questionably intelligent apes expressly for the purpose of demanding they praise it.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5517 Jul 13, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite right. The Bible is not true, it is written, over-thought and reinterpreted by man, man is not perfect and makes mistakes (and created in a perfect "God's image") and the Bible is full of mistakes....which somehow still leads you to still believe the biblical god is real......
So the question is not whether miracles happen or not, it is:
Not enough meds or too many?
i only have meds for diabetes. being able to witness a real Miracle is not a sign of delusions. no way Josefina. Miracles do happen.

Jeff is still very active spreading his religious booklets and talking to passersby. he is mentally able. i saw a few teens talk to him in the sidewalk. that means, those teens believed in Jeff's mental capability.:)

“See how you are?”

Earth

#5518 Jul 13, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
i only have meds for diabetes. being able to witness a real Miracle is not a sign of delusions. no way Josefina. Miracles do happen.
Jeff is still very active spreading his religious booklets and talking to passersby. he is mentally able. i saw a few teens talk to him in the sidewalk. that means, those teens believed in Jeff's mental capability.:)
Seeing things you lack the ability and willingness to rationally explain does not make your dreams come true. I don't have faith that either you or "those teens" are qualified to make an evaluation on your Jeff's soundness of mind..

Let's Play

#5520 Jul 13, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have any microgram of common sense, please apply it to the notion that a human-like god created the entirety of space and time so that it could boss around desert dwelling questionably intelligent apes expressly for the purpose of demanding they praise it.
C-Man, I have plenty of common sense, and I choose to believe in God because I know that he is real. I have had many experience that cannot be explained other than a true and living God being behind them. I would share, but I am afraid you guys might speak negative about that which I have experienced, through your lack of understanding. I wouldn't want to be responsible for that so that is why I have chosen not to comment on the things that I have witnessed and experienced.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min waaasssuuup 703,699
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 8 min Kwisatz Haderach 88,061
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min science is god 996,480
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr doG mnaDed lyoH i... 448,491
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 1 hr Big Al 223,077
Last post wins (May '13) 2 hr Hatti_Hollerand 543
Why the Trump Presidency is the usual Republica... 7 hr Doctor REALITY 8