God is REAL - Miracles Happen!

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#5490 Jul 6, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text>SMH....what did I just say....I mean really, Albert Einstein....I said it is a theory not a fact and the statistical or mathematical probability would be, in common lingo, slim to none.
I referred to Einstein because he was, undoubtedly, a genius, but he was also on the autism spectrum.
He had no EQ and no common sense.
Now you appear less than stellar and on the daft end of the spectrum.

National Center for Science Education.
Theory and the Fact of Evolution

http://ncse.com/cej/8/1/theory-fact-evolution

National Academy of Sciences
Is Evolution a Theory or a Fact?

It is both.

http://www.nas.edu/evolution/TheoryOrFact.htm...

Scientific American
15 Answers to Creationist Nonsense

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/15-...

Actionbioscience
Scientific understanding requires both facts and theories that can explain those facts in a coherent manner. Evolution, in this context, is both a fact and a theory. It is an incontrovertible fact that organisms have changed, or evolved, during the history of life on Earth. And biologists have identified and investigated mechanisms that can explain the major patterns of change.

http://www.actionbioscience.org/evolution/len...

notjustatheory
You've been told that "evolution is just a theory", a guess, a hunch, and not a fact, not proven. You've been misled. Keep reading, and in less than two minutes from now you'll know that you've been misinformed. We're not going to try and change your mind about evolution. We just want to point out that "it's just a theory" is not a valid argument.

http://www.notjustatheory.com/

Evolution as fact and theory
Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_as_fac...
'

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#5491 Jul 6, 2014
<quoted text>Well, maybe it would take astrophysics millions of years to notice; you know like it takes to show any sign of evolution.....lol I am saying; however, the beginning of time can not be proven. Take all the sciences and Bible scholars that you want, but they will not prove when time began with any certainty. The fact is the Bible even states that if all was written in a book there would be no room on earth to contain all the miracles.
Now with that, I take it that God didn't inspire people to write down everything that happened in the beginning. As to lying for Jesus, that is absurd. I simply stated other possibilities rather than conforming to popular opinions. I like to call that thinking for myself and providing different thoughts which can be entertained. If you try and tell me not to use my thought process for my self are you any better than the people in the Bronze age.
Are you trying to limit my thoughts, because that is exactly what they did in the Bronze age; just in reversal. So apparently, history does repeat its self. Some Christians have learned from the Bronze age not to try and force their beliefs on others, and I did say some Christians because there are many who want to pressure others. However, evolution, Atheists, and others, are all about limiting thoughts and name calling of others who do not conform to their opinion . They say we believe in evolution. We cannot prove it to you anymore than Bronze age Christians could prove anything, but we accept evolution and everyone should. Do not question evolution or you are stupid. We have studied this and put every effort in to proving it. We haven't yet proven it, because it could take a million years to do so.
I mean really, just listen to yourself.....lying for Darwin.....taking a chance on something that cannot be proven.....seriously though to each their own.
This is just pablum and milksop silliness. I've seen nothing in your posts to indicate you have or use a rational thought process anywhere close to the quotient you claim. You are trying to make a comparison between time as a dimension and genetic changes over time. You are trying to promote yourself as "an original" by single-mindedly defending the dogmas and doctrines of one religion and confabulations (- both impromptu and institutionalized) of its book . You even fail to recognize that the churches collectively been the single most ruthless thought controlling entity of western civilization >following< the bronze age.
And now, even those same major religious bodies HAVE accepted the evidence of evolution, scientific method DOES question the theory and you still apparently doggedly refuse to investigate or recognize anything that might be found outside of the adolescents' section of a fundamentalist Xtian bookstore.

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#5492 Jul 6, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you appear less than stellar and on the daft end of the spectrum.
National Center for Science Education.
Theory and the Fact of Evolution
http://ncse.com/cej/8/1/theory-fact-evolution
National Academy of Sciences
Is Evolution a Theory or a Fact?
It is both.
http://www.nas.edu/evolution/TheoryOrFact.htm...
Scientific American
15 Answers to Creationist Nonsense
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/15-...
Actionbioscience
Scientific understanding requires both facts and theories that can explain those facts in a coherent manner. Evolution, in this context, is both a fact and a theory. It is an incontrovertible fact that organisms have changed, or evolved, during the history of life on Earth. And biologists have identified and investigated mechanisms that can explain the major patterns of change.
http://www.actionbioscience.org/evolution/len...
notjustatheory
You've been told that "evolution is just a theory", a guess, a hunch, and not a fact, not proven. You've been misled. Keep reading, and in less than two minutes from now you'll know that you've been misinformed. We're not going to try and change your mind about evolution. We just want to point out that "it's just a theory" is not a valid argument.
http://www.notjustatheory.com/
Evolution as fact and theory
Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_as_fac...
'
I am not saying that animals don't adapt and mutate. I am saying I do not believe the evolution theory on how life began.

I have said I am opened minded....so here is a thought ....God created the sea and said let it bring forth its own....God created land and said let it bring forth its own. God said he made man from dirt.....God took a rib from Adam and made woman. God spoke of a snake with legs that was cursed to crawl upon its belly. So there was enmity with man and snake. Snake would bruise a mans heal. So it kind of evolved with some better survival qualities. It is faster than we are and can hide on the ground, wow. Now, take out the six day time limit because like I said before the Bible is a parable not literal. So in the end, creation could have some evolution processes, with one main difference the beginning was created by the Creator.

Anyhow, wow, if that is the case....umm, umm, umm.....I wonder where 'ole Darwin is today....lol

“See how you are?”

Earth

#5493 Jul 6, 2014
<quoted text>So I must be an idiot because I do not believe in evolution.
I had an IQ test a few years ago....my IQ....is 141. I am not a genius, but I am far from being an idiot. But in my opinion EQ is just as important, and common sense is the most important.
Anyhow, I have never had any problems with learning on any level.....so you cannot use your bullying method of calling anyone who disagrees with evolution an idiot with me.
I guess that only works on children who are pressured at school, right.
I might accept that you have few problems with learning on some level (the jury is still out), but it is woefully apparent that you are without any trace of doubt an underachiever.

Let's Play

#5494 Jul 6, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
This is just pablum and milksop silliness. I've seen nothing in your posts to indicate you have or use a rational thought process anywhere close to the quotient you claim. You are trying to make a comparison between time as a dimension and genetic changes over time. You are trying to promote yourself as "an original" by single-mindedly defending the dogmas and doctrines of one religion and confabulations (- both impromptu and institutionalized) of its book . You even fail to recognize that the churches collectively been the single most ruthless thought controlling entity of western civilization >following< the bronze age.
And now, even those same major religious bodies HAVE accepted the evidence of evolution, scientific method DOES question the theory and you still apparently doggedly refuse to investigate or recognize anything that might be found outside of the adolescents' section of a fundamentalist Xtian bookstore.
I was working on my reply....you just beat me to the post.....lol As for IQ take it up with WAIS, I didn't administer it to myself; it was administered by a psychologist .

Let's Play

#5495 Jul 6, 2014
Here is some reading on Theistic Evolution in the Bible....

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread325...

Let's Play

#5496 Jul 6, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I might accept that you have few problems with learning on some level (the jury is still out), but it is woefully apparent that you are without any trace of doubt an underachiever.
I am honest, I may have wasted some of my potential. But I have a good life and have fun, so I am content.

But yes this definition of underachiever is a true reflection of me:
Academic under-achievement can also be attributed to relatively intelligent or gifted students, who do not perform as expected either because they are bored or choose not to excel.

I also have ADHD which was not diagnosed as a child. I may have reached a higher potential, if that d(x) would have been present during my studies.

Let's Play

#5497 Jul 6, 2014
present and treated*****

Is that Ad blocker safe, my norton just ran out. I don't want to download a virus.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#5498 Jul 6, 2014
<quoted text>I am not saying that animals don't adapt and mutate. I am saying I do not believe the evolution theory on how life began.
I have said I am opened minded....so here is a thought ....God created the sea and said let it bring forth its own....God created land and said let it bring forth its own. God said he made man from dirt.....God took a rib from Adam and made woman. God spoke of a snake with legs that was cursed to crawl upon its belly. So there was enmity with man and snake. Snake would bruise a mans heal. So it kind of evolved with some better survival qualities. It is faster than we are and can hide on the ground, wow. Now, take out the six day time limit because like I said before the Bible is a parable not literal. So in the end, creation could have some evolution processes, with one main difference the beginning was created by the Creator.
Anyhow, wow, if that is the case....umm, umm, umm.....I wonder where 'ole Darwin is today....lol
"... the evolution theory on how life began."

More evidence that you don't know what you are talking about and you don't pay any attention to what is said to you.
>>>>>>>Th e Theory of Evolution has nothing to do with the origins of life, biogenesis, abiogenesis, the Bible, the creation myth, the Noachian flood myth, the Tower of Babel myth, Jesus the seditious Nazarene, the Christ mythos, the existence of an anthropomorphic Semitic god or his purported "miracles."
Quoting or paraphrasing the Bible as if it meant anything significant outside of social impact is irrelevant and ludicrous.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#5499 Jul 6, 2014
Here is some reading on Theistic Evolution in the Bible....
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread325...
Analyzing what biblical passages might have meant in relation to what we now know and what the ancient Semites clearly did not know and "God" did not tell them is a waste of time. It's like looking for the deeper meanings in "Tarzan and the Ant Men." Simply put, there are none.

Let's Play

#5500 Jul 6, 2014
You just can't take the heat here.....I just showed how the Bible could be correlating with evolution and that is a scary thought for you Mr. Matthew Hopkins.....lol

Let's Play

#5501 Jul 6, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Analyzing what biblical passages might have meant in relation to what we now know and what the ancient Semites clearly did not know and "God" did not tell them is a waste of time. It's like looking for the deeper meanings in "Tarzan and the Ant Men." Simply put, there are none.
The Bible even says not to take it literal. It is a parable, you must seek out the knowledge from the Bible. Sadly, you choose to just take it literal so your eyes are blind and your ears cannot hear.....

“See how you are?”

Earth

#5502 Jul 6, 2014
present and treated*****
Is that Ad blocker safe, my norton just ran out. I don't want to download a virus.
Ad Blocker appears to be safe, though my antivirus program has doubts. That happens sometimes with browser add ons and you do need to be careful with them wanting to change your settings, permissions and preferences, but I've had no problems with it so far.
It's off topic and might be regarded spam, but here's what I'd recommend.
I don't like Symantec/Norton for a couple of reasons going back years. I never recommend it or McAffee. I used them both in the DOS days, but not a fan now.
These are some of the free security and system utilities programs that I have used at one time and/or another with good results. Others might recommend something else. It might be tedious, but check independent reviews (and remember that who was on top 6 months ago might be #6 this month).

AVG or Avast antivirus
Commodo or Zone Alarm firewall
CCleaner
Advanced System Care
Spybot S&D
Any freeware is going to try to sell you modules and packages. Nobody needs everything.

Some caution is that even if you can't be too safe, you can have too much going on in the background and some programs do conflict with others. Neither you nor your computer should be spending all of your time and resources managing system utilities and it doesn't help if the program(s) block you as well as supposed threats. Also, there is a variety of browsers you can use. Firefox, Explorer, Chrome (no relation), Safari - Commodo firewall comes with one called Dragon... It's mainly a matter of preference, but you might find one easier to use, more stable or more functional than another.
Make sure you completely uninstall Norton before you install something else! Antivirus programs don't play well with others.
You can go to download.com to get any on the list. CNET has a pretty good reputation for not distributing malware.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#5503 Jul 6, 2014
<quoted text>The Bible even says not to take it literal. It is a parable, you must seek out the knowledge from the Bible. Sadly, you choose to just take it literal so your eyes are blind and your ears cannot hear.....
Discern the knowledge from the chaff. I do not take it literally and I don't have any grudge against it as an ancient book. I disagree with those airheads who promote it as something it is not.

Let's Play

#5504 Jul 6, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ad Blocker appears to be safe, though my antivirus program has doubts. That happens sometimes with browser add ons and you do need to be careful with them wanting to change your settings, permissions and preferences, but I've had no problems with it so far.
It's off topic and might be regarded spam, but here's what I'd recommend.
I don't like Symantec/Norton for a couple of reasons going back years. I never recommend it or McAffee. I used them both in the DOS days, but not a fan now.
These are some of the free security and system utilities programs that I have used at one time and/or another with good results. Others might recommend something else. It might be tedious, but check independent reviews (and remember that who was on top 6 months ago might be #6 this month).
AVG or Avast antivirus
Commodo or Zone Alarm firewall
CCleaner
Advanced System Care
Spybot S&D
Any freeware is going to try to sell you modules and packages. Nobody needs everything.
Some caution is that even if you can't be too safe, you can have too much going on in the background and some programs do conflict with others. Neither you nor your computer should be spending all of your time and resources managing system utilities and it doesn't help if the program(s) block you as well as supposed threats. Also, there is a variety of browsers you can use. Firefox, Explorer, Chrome (no relation), Safari - Commodo firewall comes with one called Dragon... It's mainly a matter of preference, but you might find one easier to use, more stable or more functional than another.
Make sure you completely uninstall Norton before you install something else! Antivirus programs don't play well with others.
You can go to download.com to get any on the list. CNET has a pretty good reputation for not distributing malware.
Thanks, for the advice....

Let's Play

#5505 Jul 6, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Discern the knowledge from the chaff. I do not take it literally and I don't have any grudge against it as an ancient book. I disagree with those airheads who promote it as something it is not.
You are very intellectual and a much worthy opponent. I do still continue to believe in God but would like to call a truce.....lol

I really do believe in to each their own and would not try and force any of my beliefs or opinions on anyone.

I have a very wise friend whom I debate religion and the Bible with sometimes....I think he is very wise. He states that he likes to debate.....He recites, "prove me wrong if you can, because if I am proved wrong then I have learned something".....but I have never with out a doubt proven him wrong yet....I am still trying though...lol

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#5506 Jul 6, 2014
<quoted text>I am not saying that animals don't adapt and mutate. I am saying I do not believe the evolution theory on how life began.
Oh so it's literal, till we get to the part you don't like.....Gotcha.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#5507 Jul 6, 2014
<quoted text> You are very intellectual and a much worthy opponent. I do still continue to believe in God but would like to call a truce.....lol
I really do believe in to each their own and would not try and force any of my beliefs or opinions on anyone.
I have a very wise friend whom I debate religion and the Bible with sometimes....I think he is very wise. He states that he likes to debate.....He recites, "prove me wrong if you can, because if I am proved wrong then I have learned something".....but I have never with out a doubt proven him wrong yet....I am still trying though...lol
No worries. Believing in the god made in man's image doesn't mean science (including evolutionary biology) is a bugaboo. Perhaps some day there will be evidence of a guiding hand behind the physical laws. That day has not come and there is no glimmer on the horizon that it will.
One does not have to be an atheist for a light switch to work and antibiotics function the same for Amish, Pentacostals and Jehovah's Witnesse as they do for cows.

Let's Play

#5508 Jul 6, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh so it's literal, till we get to the part you don't like.....Gotcha.
You also have a high intellect. But I am tired with the debating for now so truce to you as well....I have enjoyed debating with you though....I looked at some of the other threads about religion on here and well I didn't even want to reply to that mess...so you guys are my fave's on this site......

This may be the last time I say this.....LIVE and Let LIVE.......Peace and I'm out for now.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5509 Jul 12, 2014
God does not discriminate. i maybe Gay, but God allowed me to witness one of his many Miracles.

i witnessed a real Miracle last June 30, 2011.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min guest 647,090
for fiend friend 6 min ravi 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 14 min Steve III 44,732
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 18 min Steve III 389
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 48 min Neville Thompson 281,295
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 48 min nanoanomaly 49,688
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr andet1987 2,118
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Annaleigh 105,693
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr The Hangman 971,830
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 14 hr Jockfullonutz 28
More from around the web