Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#5410 Jul 4, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
"it could have been DNA from 2 of each kind"
Yes and into a gopher wood space ship.
"So each day could have a thousand of thousands..."
So the Lord created the world in 6 or several hundreds , or a thousand thousands, or maybe a million or 100 million or a zillion 10 zillion days!
Ha ha and hardy ha....but who knows, right.

“Happy Atheist”

Since: Apr 14

Central Florida

#5411 Jul 4, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm using AdBlock. My AV doesn't like it but Topix is practically un-navigable without it.
Thanks for the suggestion about AdBlock!
Since I downloaded it, posting onTopix has been much easier.

Wondering how an ad *made* sto make a mistake.
Some people feel the need to put the blame elsewhere so that they don't look foolish, I suppose.
Sort of like "the devil made me do it."
Christianity has the ultimate excuse for personal irresponsibility and is a horrible lesson for children.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#5412 Jul 4, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text>
What happens in a Alaska? How long is one light and one darkness.
Silly child.
One light and one darkness still adds up to a 24 hour day no matter how many hours there are of each.
When the days are longer, the nights are shorter.... and longer nights mean shorter days.
This is true anywhere in the world.

Your education continues....hopefully.

“Its better when its original”

Let's Play

#5413 Jul 4, 2014
GodFreeByChoice wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the suggestion about AdBlock!
Since I downloaded it, posting onTopix has been much easier.
Wondering how an ad *made* sto make a mistake.
Some people feel the need to put the blame elsewhere so that they don't look foolish, I suppose.
Sort of like "the devil made me do it."
Christianity has the ultimate excuse for personal irresponsibility and is a horrible lesson for children.
Well, you don't have to speculate with any fairy tale theories....my keyboard was freezing; it causes me to leave letters out of my words.....And that whole devil thing come out of your own mouth....It could have some symbolism in your case, however.

Let's Play

#5414 Jul 4, 2014
GFBC, show some originality....quit beating and dragging that dead horse of yours......lol

Didn't I ever tell you: its better when it is original....You know instead of following in Darwin's delusions.

Let's Play

#5415 Jul 4, 2014
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly child.
One light and one darkness still adds up to a 24 hour day no matter how many hours there are of each.
When the days are longer, the nights are shorter.... and longer nights mean shorter days.
This is true anywhere in the world.
Your education continues....hopefully.
Silly senior citizen, call it what you will but how long does that last in Alaska........I mean we can't change it for the rest of the world but how many hours is it dark in Alaska. I think it is a whole lot longer than 24 hours. Oh my goodness, even when you can prove something then you guys have some messed up theory about that.....does any of you have any common sense.

Let's Play

#5416 Jul 4, 2014
But you are even saying the Bible comes up with the saying one light and one darkness...so are you using the Bible now for your own purposes...seriously, that is sad!!!! And you don't have any idea what the Bible was talking about.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#5417 Jul 4, 2014
<quoted text>Silly senior citizen, call it what you will but how long does that last in Alaska........I mean we can't change it for the rest of the world but how many hours is it dark in Alaska. I think it is a whole lot longer than 24 hours. Oh my goodness, even when you can prove something then you guys have some messed up theory about that.....does any of you have any common sense.
I wish I could afford to buy you a ticket to Alaska.
Obviously you can't believe something you can only read about.... except the holy babble.
Common sense is strangely not as common as believed.

This is an answer to the question of daylight in Alaska.
You could have found this as easily as I by simply looking.

"In the southern parts of the state there is always some sun. In Anchorage for example there is about 4 hours of sun on the shortest day of the year, Dec. 21. Now, we have over 10 hours of direct sunlight a day, and on June 21, we will have about 20 hours. If you are north of the Arctic circle there are several weeks to months without direct sun. There is still light, like the light you see just before sunrise.

In the summer above the Arctic Circle there is sunlight 24 hours a day in the middle of summer, the sun just circles around and doesn't set. Here in the southern part of the state there is light 24 hours a day since the sun is just below the horizon and still gives alot of light. We don't have quick sunrises and sunsets like the lower 48 states, ours are looong, as the sun glides just along the horizon." ~by Lifelong Alaskan

Notice "a day" is still 24 hours.
Your education continues.... hopefully.

If you crawl into a cave and live there, a day will still be 24 hours.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#5418 Jul 4, 2014
GFBC, show some originality....quit beating and dragging that dead horse of yours......lol
Didn't I ever tell you: its better when it is original....You know instead of following in Darwin's delusions.
Better a REAL dead horse than an imaginary live one.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#5419 Jul 4, 2014
<quoted text>Well, you don't have to speculate with any fairy tale theories....my keyboard was freezing; it causes me to leave letters out of my words.....And that whole devil thing come out of your own mouth....It could have some symbolism in your case, however.
The "devil" is one of your imaginary gods.
I don't believe in gods, remember?

Atheists must use Christian words and concepts if we are to converse with them.
It certainly doesn't mean that we accept them.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~~Aristotle

Let's Play

#5420 Jul 4, 2014
Several weeks to months without direct sunlight....there it is no need for all the other bull crap.

Now, with that being said, please crawl out of your cave old girl and tell me how you can say that one light and one darkness equaled 24 hours in the beginning.

Let's Play

#5421 Jul 4, 2014
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, to each their own, right..You know like I say a lot....lol

Let's Play

#5422 Jul 4, 2014
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Or you could get real creative and make a story book and draw a bunch of picturesof you beating it. The first one would be of you beating it as fish, and then whatever, whatever, and so on until it becomes a horse....rotflol

“Happy Atheist”

Central Florida

#5423 Jul 4, 2014
Several weeks to months without direct sunlight....there it is no need for all the other bull crap.
Now, with that being said, please crawl out of your cave old girl and tell me how you can say that one light and one darkness equaled 24 hours in the beginning.
There was no "in the beginning." It's a story, a myth, folklore, entertainment for the kiddies...
Ignorance and fear breed myths. People want to feel secure and there is security in "knowing." So they make up stories....

We have a 24 (actually 23 hour, 56 minute, 4 second) day because that is one rotation of our Earth on its axis at the equator.

Human beings decided to divide this "rotation" into 24 sections.

Human beings wrote the holy babble.

Human beings have a great deal of trouble trying to get Reality and Mythology to agree.

That's just Life....

“Happy Atheist”

Central Florida

#5424 Jul 4, 2014
<quoted text>Or you could get real creative and make a story book and draw a bunch of picturesof you beating it. The first one would be of you beating it as fish, and then whatever, whatever, and so on until it becomes a horse....rotflol
You may not be very smart but at least you have a sense of humor.
Good on you....

Let's Play

#5425 Jul 4, 2014
GodFreeByChoice wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no "in the beginning." It's a story, a myth, folklore, entertainment for the kiddies...
Ignorance and fear breed myths. People want to feel secure and there is security in "knowing." So they make up stories....
We have a 24 (actually 23 hour, 56 minute, 4 second) day because that is one rotation of our Earth on its axis at the equator.
Human beings decided to divide this "rotation" into 24 sections.
Human beings wrote the holy babble.
Human beings have a great deal of trouble trying to get Reality and Mythology to agree.
That's just Life....
But earth didn't even exist in the beginning. But instead of using that word how about we say how do you know how long a day was before people existed.

Let's Play

#5426 Jul 4, 2014
GodFreeByChoice wrote:
<quoted text>
You may not be very smart but at least you have a sense of humor.
Good on you....
I think I'm pretty smart...but I would, right....lol

Let's Play

#5427 Jul 4, 2014
Anyhow, that's enough for me right now.

Good day to all and happy 4th regardless of race, religion, creed, and etc., etc.

Cause it is Independence Day in the USA......:0

“Happy Atheist”

Central Florida

#5428 Jul 4, 2014
<quoted text>But earth didn't even exist in the beginning. But instead of using that word how about we say how do you know how long a day was before people existed.
When Matter exists then Time exists.
Are you suggesting that the Earth rotated at a different speed before humanity?

But without humans to measure it, there was no one to call it a "day"...so what is the point?

The question is meaningless, except to religious crazies who want to "know" how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

You simply want to "believe."
No rational argument will cause you to think otherwise.

Tell me...who was around to witness this "creation" story and write it down?
No one. Not for billions of years.
----------
And what makes it the "right" story?

How about the Greek myth~~In the beginning was Chaos. Then came Earth which produced Sky. Covering Earth each night, Sky fathered children upon her. Earth was personified as Gaia/Terra and sky was Ouranos (Uranus).

How about the Norse myth?~~In Norse mythology, there was only a chasm, Ginnungagap, in the beginning bounded on either side by fire and ice. When fire and ice met, they combined to form a giant, named Ymir, and a cow, named Audhumbla, to nourish Ymir.

How about the Chinese myth~~Heaven and Earth were in a state of chaos or cosmic egg for 18,000 years. When it broke apart, the high and clear formed Heaven, the dark formed Earth, and P'an-ku ("coiled-up antiquity") stood in the middle supporting and stablilizing. P'an-ku kept growing for another 18,000 years during which time Heaven also grew.

How about the Egyptian myth~~One Egyptian story of creation is that the Chaos Goose and the Chaos Gander produced an egg that was the sun, Ra (Re). The gander was identified with Geb, the earth god.

How about the Zoroastrian myth~~In the beginning, Truth or Goodness fought Lies or Evil until Lies was worn out. Truth created a world, basically from a cosmic egg, then Lies awoke and tried to destroy creation. It was largely successful, but the seed of the cosmic man escaped, was purified and returned to earth as a plant with stalks growing from either side that were to be the first man and woman. Meanwhile, Lies was locked inside the capsule of creation.

How about the Mesopotanian myth~~The Babylonian Enuma Elish tells of creation. Apsu and Tiamat, fresh and salt water, mixed together, created the great and too noisy gods. Apsu wished to kill them, but Tiamat, who wished them no harm, prevailed. Apsu was killed, so Tiamat sought revenge. Marduk killed Tiamat and divided her, using part for earth and part for the heavens. Mankind was made out of Tiamat's second husband.
----------
The Christian one is only one of many and is as fanciful as all the rest.
At one time, each of these was believed just a firmly as yours.
Did that make them real?

“Jon Snow”

Since: Dec 10

The King in the Nor±h

#5429 Jul 4, 2014
<quoted text>But earth didn't even exist in the beginning. But instead of using that word how about we say how do you know how long a day was before people existed.
Backwards Interpolation of known variables.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min hojo 665,079
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 20 min Lonestar 87,825
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 20 min Liamm 414
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 27 min New Age Spiritual... 977,171
Poll Is the price is right fixed for blacks? (Jun '12) 27 min Antonio 176
The Future of Politics in America 50 min Nohweh 122
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Rider on the Storm 184,649
More from around the web