“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#5219 Jun 24, 2014
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Get over yourself. You are not "getting C-Man all tore up," as you put it.
He presents logical, rational arguments against the silliness of "faith" in imaginary beings and somehow you think that makes you right.
As for why we don't accept your "live and let live" .... it's because those "true believers" (of any religion) don't accept it.
They want the "laws" of their own religion to be the laws of the land.
Not only just want it, but are working to make it happen.
That is unacceptable because......
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" ~~ Voltaire
C-Man is acting all insane. I mean when someone tells me they could careless what I think and that I can't change their beliefs one way or the other. Well, I simply quit trying to tell them my opinion. I do not keep digging up stuff to post back to them and continue to try and make them change there mind.

To the rest of that: God himself does not make anyone follow his laws. He allows everyone to choose to follow him or to choose not to follow him. I mean where did you come up with that anyhow.

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#5220 Jun 24, 2014
I'm done though. So you can go ahead and reply back with that same song and dance of what ever ya'll want.

Wish ya'll well, and peace, i'm out.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#5221 Jun 24, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text>Lol, That is so sad! You are totally upset aren't you. But that is how it is people die, people get hurt, storms happen, and well stuff just happens.
This is not heaven; it is earth. God never said that we would never die or get hurt on earth did he......But really, I am not trying to upset you so much. Why do you care what I believe? I don't think what I am saying is a very difficult concept. I am saying live and let live and leave others alone. Really, that is a very simple statement. You worry about you and do what you want and I will worry about me and do what I want.
bye-bye, genius. I didn't provide the affirmations she wanted so she declared me emotional and ran away. How droll.

For the record, I was not attempting to change anyone's belief. I was addressing the statements made. It's called conversation, dialogue, exchange.. I stop short of calling it debate when one side refuses or is unable to present any reasonable attempt to defend a position and merely strives to derail the subject at hand. <shrug> religies...

“Happy Atheist”

Since: Apr 14

Central Florida

#5222 Jun 24, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
bye-bye, genius. I didn't provide the affirmations she wanted so she declared me emotional and ran away. How droll.
For the record, I was not attempting to change anyone's belief. I was addressing the statements made. It's called conversation, dialogue, exchange.. I stop short of calling it debate when one side refuses or is unable to present any reasonable attempt to defend a position and merely strives to derail the subject at hand. <shrug> religies...
I agree. Perhaps she will get lucky and find a forum where everyone agrees with her.
She'll be happy there where she won't be expected to think and exchange ideas.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5223 Jun 24, 2014
GodFreeByChoice wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Perhaps she will get lucky and find a forum where everyone agrees with her.
She'll be happy there where she won't be expected to think and exchange ideas.
our ideas are better because, our ideas are true, not fantasies like yours. the truth is, God and His Miracles are real. believers live in reality, not fantasy.:)

“See how you are?”

Earth

#5224 Jun 25, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
our ideas are better because, our ideas are true, not fantasies like yours. the truth is, God and His Miracles are real. believers live in reality, not fantasy.:)
What fantasies do you think I believe in that are contrary to the abilities of your anthropomorphic creator of all space and time humanoid God?
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5225 Jun 25, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
What fantasies do you think I believe in that are contrary to the abilities of your anthropomorphic creator of all space and time humanoid God?
Fantasia Barrino

http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/l/fantasia_p...
Tony

Los Angeles, CA

#5227 Jun 26, 2014
2Corinthians, 4:1-6

4 Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;

2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

“Happy Atheist”

Since: Apr 14

Central Florida

#5228 Jun 28, 2014
Tony wrote:
2Corinthians, 4:1-6
4 Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;
2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.
3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.
6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
Thank you for once again sharing your mythology.

“ dirty for dirty”

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#5229 Jun 28, 2014
witchinginthewoods was a better sock name.

stories become legend, legends become myth.

The city of Troy was thought myth also, and it's not the only that has been discovered that was thought myth.

Myth gives the false belief of non existent, and well by the discovery of them cities, King Davids Kingdom and himself being part of that myth belief, we know that myth is Just something yet discovered from legend..
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5230 Jun 28, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
The city of Troy was thought myth also, and it's not the only that has been discovered that was thought myth.
Myth gives the false belief of non existent, and well by the discovery of them cities, King Davids Kingdom and himself being part of that myth belief, we know that myth is Just something yet discovered from legend..
you probably haven't witnessed a real Miracle, right ?

if you were in my shoes on June 30, 2011, when i witnessed a real Miracle, you will never say "myth" when it comes to God and His Miracles.

there is nothing myth when it comes to God. God is real..... Miracles happen.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#5231 Jun 28, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
Straw man.
I've seen no one here state that there weren't cities and towns called Jerusalem, Bethlehem and Nazareth or actual people named Jesus, Caiaphas, Herod and Pilate.
Troy also existed, but I've seen no one state that there actually were cyclops, sirens and a pantheon of real gods, yet religious people claim the biblical magic and >myths< were real all of the time.

“ dirty for dirty”

Location hidden

#5232 Jun 28, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
you probably haven't witnessed a real Miracle, right ?
if you were in my shoes on June 30, 2011, when i witnessed a real Miracle, you will never say "myth" when it comes to God and His Miracles.
there is nothing myth when it comes to God. God is real..... Miracles happen.
obviously you don't have reading comprehension skills cause what I said flew right over your head!
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5233 Jun 28, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Straw man.
I've seen no one here state that there weren't cities and towns called Jerusalem, Bethlehem and Nazareth or actual people named Jesus, Caiaphas, Herod and Pilate.
Troy also existed, but I've seen no one state that there actually were cyclops, sirens and a pantheon of real gods, yet religious people claim the biblical magic and >myths< were real all of the time.
why did i witness a real Miracle last June 30, 2011 ? many events found in the Bible must be true.

“ dirty for dirty”

Location hidden

#5234 Jun 28, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Straw man.
I see you're twisting what I said to suit your POV, but I have no problem with that.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5235 Jun 28, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text> obviously you don't have reading comprehension skills cause what I said flew right over your head!
yes, i do.

i graduated high school with 4 academic awards.
i graduated my computer course with 4.0 gpa.
from high school to college i was an academic scholar.
i received huge applause when i danced solo during Christmas parties.
i held top position in our workplace.

my IQ is much higher than yours. i am sure of that.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#5236 Jun 28, 2014
GodFreeByChoice wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for once again sharing your mythology.
if you are God free, why is your name GodFreeByChoice ? you are not free from God. your name alone has God in it.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#5237 Jun 28, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text> I see you're twisting what I said to suit your POV, but I have no problem with that.
That's fine. Untwist it, then. I'm accustomed to apologists trying to use the discovery of Troy as a hackneyed rationale to "prove" the Bible is inerrant. Did you have some other point...?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#5238 Jun 28, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
why did i witness a real Miracle last June 30, 2011 ? many events found in the Bible must be true.
My bet is that Jeff was screwing with you. It worked.

“ dirty for dirty”

Location hidden

#5239 Jun 28, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
That's fine. Untwist it, then. I'm accustomed to apologists trying to use the discovery of Troy as a hackneyed rationale to "prove" the Bible is inerrant. Did you have some other point...?
I am not trying to prove anything to you or anyone, merely stating my opinion.
Proof is something you will/will not discovery on your own.
I am firm In what I believe and have no worries or desire to " untwist " your logic.
Doesn't matter what you're accustomed to, the fact still remains. Troy/Myth, Discovered/ Myth no longer. King David/Myth, Discovered/ Myth no longer.
See how that works..
I need no other point cause you can't refute the one I made...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Liam 555,042
I wish homosexuals never existed...... 15 min Doctor REALITY 73
Because I'm Cool like that....... 17 min Doctor REALITY 5
The greatest benefits of electric cars 19 min PDX Dave 5
Message to Whining Blacks: You could go back t... 21 min Doctor REALITY 7
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 27 min Tide with Beach 765,087
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 40 min Rick in Kansas 263,609
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Innocent Holy dr ... 603,691
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 3 hr Ayyan 1,187

Top Stories People Search