andet1987

Chicago, IL

#4788 May 8, 2014
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
The Sun will be here for another 4 billion years Andet...it will be the death of the Earth unless some catastrophic collision happens to beat our Sun to it.
Humanity has about another 400,000 years.
Why so soon?
Well, as our Sun burns it becomes brighter and brighter... in about 400,000 years the Sun will become bright enough to scorch out the existence of plant life. No plants, no oxygen being produced, no food, no humanity.
If you are going to pray... and I am certainly not against people hoping.
You should be wishing for people to read less fictional nonsense and become passionately curious about what we are, where we exist and how to influence our surroundings.
In the end.... that is simply all that matters. Our mastery over nature is the only thing that will ensure the survival of humanity. Technology alone improves the quality of our standards of living.
oh my, you mean to say humanity will perish before the sun dies ? humanity has only 400,000 more years to live ? that is something new to me.:) probably at that time, a new technology will be available in such a way that it can prevent death to humanity.

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#4789 May 8, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
oh my, you mean to say humanity will perish before the sun dies ? humanity has only 400,000 more years to live ? that is something new to me.:) probably at that time, a new technology will be available in such a way that it can prevent death to humanity.
That depends Andet.

Yes, the Sun will kill us long before the Earth will be vaporized by the Sun.

Technology will evolve like everything else.

Exactly nothing happens if we depend on gods to solve our problems... we are doomed.

If we free ourselves from superstition and begin working to elevate humanities higher knowledge.. we have a good shot at avoiding the fate our Sun has in store for us.

Waiting for Superman has never helped anyone. And right now about 95% of humanity is absolutely useless.

No offense... but you obviously consider yourself intelligent, and you weren't even up on the term "theory". Now consider how many out there know less than yourself. When science has to fight with mythology over things that are clearly obvious... I don't give us real high odds for survival.

But, I don't let it get to me too much.

This helps sometimes.

andet1987

Chicago, IL

#4790 May 8, 2014
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
That depends Andet.
Yes, the Sun will kill us long before the Earth will be vaporized by the Sun.
Technology will evolve like everything else.
Exactly nothing happens if we depend on gods to solve our problems... we are doomed.
If we free ourselves from superstition and begin working to elevate humanities higher knowledge.. we have a good shot at avoiding the fate our Sun has in store for us.
Waiting for Superman has never helped anyone. And right now about 95% of humanity is absolutely useless.
No offense... but you obviously consider yourself intelligent, and you weren't even up on the term "theory". Now consider how many out there know less than yourself. When science has to fight with mythology over things that are clearly obvious... I don't give us real high odds for survival.
But, I don't let it get to me too much.
This helps sometimes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =buqtdpuZxvkXX
yes, whatever science can contribute for the survival of mankind, that would be very good. i have nothing against science. science has contributed a lot for the betterment of mankind. but on the other hand, i can not also ignore that Miracles do happen. i experienced a real Miracle myself, that's why.:) i believe prayer also works.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#4791 May 9, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
i am talking about mankind, not you alone. ok ?
That makes even less sense.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#4792 May 9, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, whatever science can contribute for the survival of mankind, that would be very good. i have nothing against science. science has contributed a lot for the betterment of mankind. but on the other hand, i can not also ignore that Miracles do happen. i experienced a real Miracle myself, that's why.:) i believe prayer also works.
Uh-huh. You've already said you believe in prayer and miracles, but it was a change in your diet that helped your arthritis. Are you familiar with the saying "A wish in one hand and s_it in the other."?
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#4793 May 9, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh. You've already said you believe in prayer and miracles, but it was a change in your diet that helped your arthritis. Are you familiar with the saying "A wish in one hand and s_it in the other."?
of course God helps and gives guidance. that's how i came up with the correct diet. and i am now in excellent health. i prayed to God and i can now walk normally. no more limping.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#4794 May 9, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
of course God helps and gives guidance. that's how i came up with the correct diet. and i am now in excellent health. i prayed to God and i can now walk normally. no more limping.
What God? You changed your diet and now you feel better. "Eat right and exercise." Doctors have been saying it for centuries.
You still have a distinct limp in your concept of logic. Too much Babble. Maybe you should change your reading diet.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#4795 May 9, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
Andet...(Not trying to sound hostile here) How is someone as boastful as the guy that posted that "prayer" about how smart, rich and awesome you are... not able to give yourself the slightest bit of credit in this matter?

When a man falls to his knees to pray, he will find what he is able. But chances are, he'll find it either way. Has it ever occurred to you that there is a very strong possibility request for guidance are self answered?

In fact, I would go further... to argue that you owe your gratitude to science and technology.

Out of the maybe ... I don't know, 25 BILLION Google searches done every day how many of them would you consider guided by a creator of all? I would think any answer above zero would prove you to be unable to be reasoned with.

You had a problem and relied on technology to find a solution brought to you by science.

Enjoy it.

I want you to think about something.
Take your time. Look at this.
http://d1jqu7g1y74ds1.cloudfront.net/wp-conte...
Almost every dot in that picture is a galaxy made of billions and billions of stars much like our Sun with planets revolving around them.

Would you be willing to admit to yourself that even if a god was real... your minor foot pain is not on his radar...at all?
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#4796 May 9, 2014
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Andet...(Not trying to sound hostile here) How is someone as boastful as the guy that posted that "prayer" about how smart, rich and awesome you are... not able to give yourself the slightest bit of credit in this matter?
When a man falls to his knees to pray, he will find what he is able. But chances are, he'll find it either way. Has it ever occurred to you that there is a very strong possibility request for guidance are self answered?
In fact, I would go further... to argue that you owe your gratitude to science and technology.
Out of the maybe ... I don't know, 25 BILLION Google searches done every day how many of them would you consider guided by a creator of all? I would think any answer above zero would prove you to be unable to be reasoned with.
You had a problem and relied on technology to find a solution brought to you by science.
Enjoy it.
I want you to think about something.
Take your time. Look at this.
http://d1jqu7g1y74ds1.cloudfront.net/wp-conte...
Almost every dot in that picture is a galaxy made of billions and billions of stars much like our Sun with planets revolving around them.
Would you be willing to admit to yourself that even if a god was real... your minor foot pain is not on his radar...at all?
science and technology may be made by man, but IMO, it is also from God. through God's guidance, science and technology are able to discover or improve something for the benefit of mankind.

to tell you frankly, i was an atheist when i was a kid. i only became a believer when i became a young adult when many of my prayers were answered. the more i became a believer when i witnessed a real Miracle on June 30, 2011.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#4797 May 9, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
science and technology may be made by man, but IMO, it is also from God. through God's guidance, science and technology are able to discover or improve something for the benefit of mankind.
to tell you frankly, i was an atheist when i was a kid. i only became a believer when i became a young adult when many of my prayers were answered. the more i became a believer when i witnessed a real Miracle on June 30, 2011.
C'mon, be honest now.
Didn't that answered prayers list go something like "I pray to God I can:"

Stay up late and watch tv.
Get a driver's license.
Legally order a drink.
Move out of mom's basement.
Get laid.
...?
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#4798 May 9, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
C'mon, be honest now.
Didn't that answered prayers list go something like "I pray to God I can:"
Stay up late and watch tv.
Get a driver's license.
Legally order a drink.
Move out of mom's basement.
Get laid.
...?
oh no, those are not prayers. most of my prayers were asking God to solve some life problems. i can not remember them now. but i had some problems before and i resorted to praying. and i noticed that many of my problems were solved. that was the start of my belief in God.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#4799 May 9, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
oh no, those are not prayers. most of my prayers were asking God to solve some life problems. i can not remember them now. but i had some problems before and i resorted to praying. and i noticed that many of my problems were solved. that was the start of my belief in God.
Non believers don't know what a prayer is. They don't know that you have to give over your life to God and accept what comes. it is a trust that isn't easy to do. I you let God help everything gets better and you will see miracles.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#4800 May 9, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Non believers don't know what a prayer is. They don't know that you have to give over your life to God and accept what comes. it is a trust that isn't easy to do. I you let God help everything gets better and you will see miracles.
have you witnessed a Miracle too ? i witnessed one time.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#4801 May 9, 2014
Tony wrote:
My life has been very hard, and at times I was even homeless out on the streets, but God has always been with me.
One time I was homeless and a social services office in Hollywood sent me to Skid Row, they gave me a voucher for the Russ Hotel on San Julian, right in the middle of Skid Row, but instead of thinking to myself that I was a homeless bum who deserved to be on Skid Row, I refused to stay on Skid Row, I had faith that God had better plans for me, and I left the Skid Row hotel after only one night and I went to a free clinic in Beverly Hills and I took a shower and I put on a nice suit and tie and I went and I got a job that day as a valet/doorman with Suzanne Pleshette as my boss, and all of a sudden I was hanging out with movie stars instead of being miserable on Skid Row. In the eyes of the world I was a homeless bum on Skid Row, but I refused to buy into that reality, I knew that I am too good to be on Skid Row, and that God had better plans for me, and I got the heck off of Skid Row, and Suzanne Pleshette knew I was a good man when she hired me, I believed good things about myself and Suzanne believed it too and gave me a job. I know that I am a good Christian guy, with talent, and with a lot of potential, and I believe that this world is full of opportunities, life is good, and good things will happen if I believe in myself and believe in God and apply myself in good ways. I have had a hard life, and I have went through many hard times, including being homeless on the streets, but God was always with me, and God is still with me, and God has given me miracles in my life.
"If all of the people of the world were Christians, then the slums would not exist"

Slums exist ,GOD does NOT!
Glad I could clear that up for you.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#4802 May 10, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us conduct a little experiment.

Next time you get in your car... blindfold yourself. Trust god to get you to the supermarket and accept what comes.

It will be a real miracle if your insurance doesn't drop you.

What? Ohh?

It doesn't work like that? Why the hell not?

Driving is nothing but a series of decisions. At what level is it ok to turn your decision making over to something not quite sentient?

I am sure you have faith enough that god won't allow you to kill a small family at the intersection... or clip that health nut bike mom.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#4803 May 10, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
So in other words, you prayed for a headache to go way, took two asprins and God answered your prayers.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#4804 May 10, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
"If all of the people of the world were Christians, then the slums would not exist"
Slums exist ,GOD does NOT!
Glad I could clear that up for you.
If all the people of the world were Christians, only Christians would be slumlords. Not that the percentage matters - there are still plenty of Christian slumlords.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#4805 May 10, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
So in other words, you prayed for a headache to go way, took two asprins and God answered your prayers.
no, not about headache and aspirins. they were problems when i was in my young adulthood. and i remember they were solved after praying. i even remember when i prayed, i did it silently. i was the only one who knew i was praying.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#4806 May 11, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
no, not about headache and aspirins. they were problems when i was in my young adulthood. and i remember they were solved after praying. i even remember when i prayed, i did it silently. i was the only one who knew i was praying.
Everyone has problems growing up - it's part of the process. Issues resolve themselves without any divine intervention. Well, most do. Some people are saddled with divine delusions for the rest of their lives.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#4807 May 11, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone has problems growing up - it's part of the process. Issues resolve themselves without any divine intervention. Well, most do. Some people are saddled with divine delusions for the rest of their lives.
for you it is delusion. mine was not. i really witnessed a real Miracle. and two of us saw it. people with delusions are placed inside nursing homes or mental facility. i am very normal. i have my own studio.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min Thetruth 229,916
what makes white men so goofy (Sep '08) 5 min Johnny 181
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 min yon 602,161
Appjoy invite code (Apr '14) 16 min Dpud803 106
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 min AussieBobby 261,624
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) 47 min gunslinger 178
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 49 min guest 548,471
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr nanoanomaly 750,282
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 11 hr girls united states 125

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE