Google "KT extinction"

You are welcome.

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#4773 May 7, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got reprieve from joint pain and God did it with a miracle? Nope.
So God talked to you through the Topix "arthritis pain" thread...
God saved my life when he talked to me through the DMV manual. I've been stopping for red lights ever since. Reality ain't freakin' Godmagic, Bubba.
Oh ye of little faith...

Just who do you suppose turns those lights red?...

Jazz hands!

God out.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#4774 May 7, 2014
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh ye of little faith...
Just who do you suppose turns those lights red?...
Jazz hands!
God out.
I don't have faith in the red lights because everyone knows that glowing red is a Satan color.
I have faith in the green lights. I run them all the time.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#4775 May 7, 2014
Scrutiny wrote:
Andet... this is God....
Google "KT extinction"
You are welcome.
asteroid theory

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#4776 May 8, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
asteroid theory
Not a "theory" as you would understand the term.

Gravity is a "theory" too. But you don't see people lining up to jump out of windows.

A scientific theory is backed by mountains of evidence and (to this date) can not be reputed. Like evolution, gravity, relativity and atomic (quantum mechanics) theories. They also have to be able to make accurate predictions.

The proof is a layer of iridium in the Earth occurring at the very same time as 80% of life on Earth checked out. Finding iridium on Earth is like finding a bag of money in your closet that you didn't put there. It is ultra rare here... there is 1000 times more iridium in the extinction layer...

The "smoking gun" was found in 1980 off the east coast of Central America. A huge crater mostly under the gulf was located and proved to be the source.

It won some Nobel prizes for them. There is no competing theory for the KT extinction because we know it to be true.

An asteroid impact and the aftermath thereof is unquestionably how the dinosaurs were eliminated.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#4777 May 8, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
asteroid theory
Dinosaurs didn't pray hard enough. Fist of God theory.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#4778 May 8, 2014
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a "theory" as you would understand the term.
Gravity is a "theory" too. But you don't see people lining up to jump out of windows.
A scientific theory is backed by mountains of evidence and (to this date) can not be reputed. Like evolution, gravity, relativity and atomic (quantum mechanics) theories. They also have to be able to make accurate predictions.
The proof is a layer of iridium in the Earth occurring at the very same time as 80% of life on Earth checked out. Finding iridium on Earth is like finding a bag of money in your closet that you didn't put there. It is ultra rare here... there is 1000 times more iridium in the extinction layer...
The "smoking gun" was found in 1980 off the east coast of Central America. A huge crater mostly under the gulf was located and proved to be the source.
It won some Nobel prizes for them. There is no competing theory for the KT extinction because we know it to be true.
An asteroid impact and the aftermath thereof is unquestionably how the dinosaurs were eliminated.
Asteroid Theory is the most agreed upon. but still remain a theory though, even until now.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#4779 May 8, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Dinosaurs didn't pray hard enough. Fist of God theory.
just pray that God will lengthen the lifespan of our sun. this way, mankind has still many more years to enjoy sex, movies, buffet, etc etc.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#4780 May 8, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
just pray that God will lengthen the lifespan of our sun. this way, mankind has still many more years to enjoy sex, movies, buffet, etc etc.
Huh? Lifespan of our sun? Just what inane nonsense has your preacher been saying about astrophysics?
You do realize that even if against all odds the human race lives on for another 2 million years, it's still a loooong way off to the death of the sun?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#4781 May 8, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
Asteroid Theory is the most agreed upon. but still remain a theory though, even until now.
Some speculate volcanoes played a part in the K-T extinction, too. It doesn't seem unlikely.
What we know of Gravity and Electricity are also theoretical. Divine intervention, miracles, prayer, "intelligent design," etc. don't even rate as hypotheses.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#4782 May 8, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no higher classification for an idea in science.

The heliocentric (Sun centered) solar system remains a "theory"... yet we can look right at it with the Hubble telescope. And there it is! The Sun in the center of the solar system with 8 planets revolving around it. There is no deniability.

We are as certain that an asteroid killed the dinosaurs as we are the Sun will rise in the east and set in the west.

What you are attempting to imply is that because it is a "theory" there is still the possibility that it is completely wrong. Not so. Scientific theories are not ideas or guesses.

The general population not understanding what a scientific theory is... leads to something called "false equivalency".

For example... "Creationism and evolution should both be taught in our schools because they are both theories."

Could not be further from the truth...

One is a scientific theory backed by tons of verifiable evidence that the entire world scientific community is unable to defeat in any fashion. It has also accurately predicted future discoveries that fall directly in line with the theory.

The other was a guess some bronze age tribesman made.

Yet we are expected to consider them on a level playing field... because the word "theory" to uneducated people means "idea"...it is ludicrous and laughable.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#4783 May 8, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Sun will be here for another 4 billion years Andet...it will be the death of the Earth unless some catastrophic collision happens to beat our Sun to it.

Humanity has about another 400,000 years.

Why so soon?

Well, as our Sun burns it becomes brighter and brighter... in about 400,000 years the Sun will become bright enough to scorch out the existence of plant life. No plants, no oxygen being produced, no food, no humanity.

If you are going to pray... and I am certainly not against people hoping.

You should be wishing for people to read less fictional nonsense and become passionately curious about what we are, where we exist and how to influence our surroundings.

In the end.... that is simply all that matters. Our mastery over nature is the only thing that will ensure the survival of humanity. Technology alone improves the quality of our standards of living.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#4784 May 8, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Some speculate volcanoes played a part in the K-T extinction, too. It doesn't seem unlikely.
What we know of Gravity and Electricity are also theoretical. Divine intervention, miracles, prayer, "intelligent design," etc. don't even rate as hypotheses.
No doubt, that is correct.

The impact set off a chain reaction of geocrazy events on Earth including volcanoes and melting methane ice under the oceans... the result was a heat spike and the destruction of the Ozone layer, which bathed the Earth in radiation.

The small mammals who could tunnel into the Earth were among the few survivors of KT.

They would end up inheriting the Dinosaur's throne.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#4785 May 8, 2014
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no higher classification for an idea in science.
The heliocentric (Sun centered) solar system remains a "theory"... yet we can look right at it with the Hubble telescope. And there it is! The Sun in the center of the solar system with 8 planets revolving around it. There is no deniability.
We are as certain that an asteroid killed the dinosaurs as we are the Sun will rise in the east and set in the west.
What you are attempting to imply is that because it is a "theory" there is still the possibility that it is completely wrong. Not so. Scientific theories are not ideas or guesses.
The general population not understanding what a scientific theory is... leads to something called "false equivalency".
For example... "Creationism and evolution should both be taught in our schools because they are both theories."
Could not be further from the truth...
One is a scientific theory backed by tons of verifiable evidence that the entire world scientific community is unable to defeat in any fashion. It has also accurately predicted future discoveries that fall directly in line with the theory.
The other was a guess some bronze age tribesman made.
Yet we are expected to consider them on a level playing field... because the word "theory" to uneducated people means "idea"...it is ludicrous and laughable.
I apologize...

That should have read....*under educated*.

Not uneducated.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#4786 May 8, 2014
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt, that is correct.
The impact set off a chain reaction of geocrazy events on Earth including volcanoes and melting methane ice under the oceans... the result was a heat spike and the destruction of the Ozone layer, which bathed the Earth in radiation.
The small mammals who could tunnel into the Earth were among the few survivors of KT.
They would end up inheriting the Dinosaur's throne.
Last one... I just think it is ultra cool.

When the temp spike happened the oceans became "lukewarm"... the oceans circulate because of the barrier between the frigid depths and the warm water on top fighting with each other...

During the KT... the oceans stopped circulating. That is what killed off most of the sea life. The oxygen level dropped to nearly nothing in the water.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#4787 May 8, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? Lifespan of our sun? Just what inane nonsense has your preacher been saying about astrophysics?
You do realize that even if against all odds the human race lives on for another 2 million years, it's still a loooong way off to the death of the sun?
i am talking about mankind, not you alone. ok ?
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#4788 May 8, 2014
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
The Sun will be here for another 4 billion years Andet...it will be the death of the Earth unless some catastrophic collision happens to beat our Sun to it.
Humanity has about another 400,000 years.
Why so soon?
Well, as our Sun burns it becomes brighter and brighter... in about 400,000 years the Sun will become bright enough to scorch out the existence of plant life. No plants, no oxygen being produced, no food, no humanity.
If you are going to pray... and I am certainly not against people hoping.
You should be wishing for people to read less fictional nonsense and become passionately curious about what we are, where we exist and how to influence our surroundings.
In the end.... that is simply all that matters. Our mastery over nature is the only thing that will ensure the survival of humanity. Technology alone improves the quality of our standards of living.
oh my, you mean to say humanity will perish before the sun dies ? humanity has only 400,000 more years to live ? that is something new to me.:) probably at that time, a new technology will be available in such a way that it can prevent death to humanity.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#4789 May 8, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
oh my, you mean to say humanity will perish before the sun dies ? humanity has only 400,000 more years to live ? that is something new to me.:) probably at that time, a new technology will be available in such a way that it can prevent death to humanity.
That depends Andet.

Yes, the Sun will kill us long before the Earth will be vaporized by the Sun.

Technology will evolve like everything else.

Exactly nothing happens if we depend on gods to solve our problems... we are doomed.

If we free ourselves from superstition and begin working to elevate humanities higher knowledge.. we have a good shot at avoiding the fate our Sun has in store for us.

Waiting for Superman has never helped anyone. And right now about 95% of humanity is absolutely useless.

No offense... but you obviously consider yourself intelligent, and you weren't even up on the term "theory". Now consider how many out there know less than yourself. When science has to fight with mythology over things that are clearly obvious... I don't give us real high odds for survival.

But, I don't let it get to me too much.

This helps sometimes.

andet1987

Chicago, IL

#4790 May 8, 2014
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
That depends Andet.
Yes, the Sun will kill us long before the Earth will be vaporized by the Sun.
Technology will evolve like everything else.
Exactly nothing happens if we depend on gods to solve our problems... we are doomed.
If we free ourselves from superstition and begin working to elevate humanities higher knowledge.. we have a good shot at avoiding the fate our Sun has in store for us.
Waiting for Superman has never helped anyone. And right now about 95% of humanity is absolutely useless.
No offense... but you obviously consider yourself intelligent, and you weren't even up on the term "theory". Now consider how many out there know less than yourself. When science has to fight with mythology over things that are clearly obvious... I don't give us real high odds for survival.
But, I don't let it get to me too much.
This helps sometimes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =buqtdpuZxvkXX
yes, whatever science can contribute for the survival of mankind, that would be very good. i have nothing against science. science has contributed a lot for the betterment of mankind. but on the other hand, i can not also ignore that Miracles do happen. i experienced a real Miracle myself, that's why.:) i believe prayer also works.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#4791 May 9, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
i am talking about mankind, not you alone. ok ?
That makes even less sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 28 min Bongo 100,536
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 49 min Sky Writer 31 184,288
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr guest 670,351
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr another viewer 980,168
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr Jehowa Witness 46,179
Treating others with respect 5 hr UnderstandPeople 14
Do any attractive cougars or milfs want to trad... (Dec '11) 6 hr Seejay 4
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 hr Pegasus 286,455
More from around the web