Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

#4702 Apr 15, 2014
I had an experience with an angel that I have not posted before. Here it is:

In 1975 I was 15. I lived with my mom and younger sister.

One day, a lady knocked on the door. I answered it. She said her name and said she was my mom's friend. My mom acknowledged her as being a friend of hers. She said she wanted to drive the 3 of us to the mountains so we went in her car.

Once we got to the mountains this lady said to my mom, "You're feeling sleepy, aren't you?" Just then my mom fell asleep sitting up. Then this lady said, "I had to put your mom to sleep because she can't hear this. I'm an angel. Your mom's going to die before you turn 18 (she directed this part of the comment to my sister sitting by me in the back seat. She was 5).

I tuned her out at this point because I was thinking, "Oh here we go again. Another angel event!" I was rolling my eyes and didn't hear anything else she said.

After she drove us home, I forgot about it till 2 weeks later. Then I was thinking about her saying she was angel and I decided to ask my mom about it, so I said, "Mom. Remember that friend of yours who came here a couple weeks ago?" She said, "What friend? I have no friend." Then I said, "You know, the lady who drove us to the mountains 2 weeks ago?" My mom answered, "What drive to the mountains? We never went anywhere."

At this point I got a sick feeling in my stomach because I realized she wasn't supposed to remember it, so I dropped the subject.

That was in 1975, as I said. Later in 1986, as the lady "friend" predicted, my mom DID DIE 2 years before my sister turned 18. She died unexpectedly from a medication accident.

What's noteworthy about this event is several things: 1)she said she was my mom's friend but my mom had no memory of this "friend" just 2 weeks later; 2)she predicted my mom's death being before my sister turned 18, this came out 11 years later; 3)she drove us to the mountains but just 2 weeks later my mom had no memory of this "trip"; 4)she put my mom to sleep so she couldnt hear the prediction of her death; 5)she drove us to the mountains in "her car", but angels dont have "cars" so where did the car come from??

Since this was about an angel God must exist too but part of me finds this hard to believe even though it happened! It sounds pretty unbelievable, doesnt it? I AGREE. But there it is.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#4703 Apr 15, 2014
this granny is amazing because she believes in God IMO.

http://offbeat.topix.com/story/11531-this-sal...
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#4704 Apr 15, 2014
just a Thank You Prayer

thank you God for my foods
thank you God, my left foot arthritis pain is getting lesser

thank you God for my:

big bank savings
diamonds
golds
growing investments
and my others achievements like:

4 academic awards and an honor in high school
from high school to college an academic scholar
3 college diplomas
my parents, "Most Outstanding Parents of the Year" for having a son (me) garnering most of the awards in high school
perfect 4.0 gpa when i graduated my computer course
won 2 gay beauty contests
a supervisor or director at work
witnessed a real Miracle on June 30, 2011
applauded loudly after i danced solo during Christmas parties
also, many people told me i look 20 years younger

in other words, it pays to be a believer in God.:)
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#4705 Apr 15, 2014
Knock off purse seller wrote:
One day, a lady knocked on the door. I answered it. She said her name and said she was my mom's friend. My mom acknowledged her as being a friend of hers. She said she wanted to drive the 3 of us to the mountains so we went in her car.
Once we got to the mountains this lady said to my mom, "You're feeling sleepy, aren't you?" Just then my mom fell asleep sitting up. Then this lady said, "I had to put your mom to sleep because she can't hear this. I'm an angel. Your mom's going to die before you turn 18 (she directed this part of the comment to my sister sitting by me in the back seat. She was 5).
I tuned her out at this point because I was thinking, "Oh here we go again. Another angel event!" I was rolling my eyes and didn't hear anything else she said.
After she drove us home, I forgot about it till 2 weeks later. Then I was thinking about her saying she was angel and I decided to ask my mom about it, so I said, "Mom. Remember that friend of yours who came here a couple weeks ago?" She said, "What friend? I have no friend." Then I said, "You know, the lady who drove us to the mountains 2 weeks ago?" My mom answered, "What drive to the mountains? We never went anywhere."
At this point I got a sick feeling in my stomach because I realized she wasn't supposed to remember it, so I dropped the subject.
That was in 1975, as I said. Later in 1986, as the lady "friend" predicted, my mom DID DIE 2 years before my sister turned 18. She died unexpectedly from a medication accident.
What's noteworthy about this event is several things: 1)she said she was my mom's friend but my mom had no memory of this "friend" just 2 weeks later; 2)she predicted my mom's death being before my sister turned 18, this came out 11 years later; 3)she drove us to the mountains but just 2 weeks later my mom had no memory of this "trip"; 4)she put my mom to sleep so she couldnt hear the prediction of her death; 5)she drove us to the mountains in "her car", but angels dont have "cars" so where did the car come from??

“Happy Atheist”

Since: Apr 14

Central Florida

#4706 Apr 15, 2014
the clue is in the "where did the car come from?"
that is how dreams work. things appear and disappear.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#4707 Apr 15, 2014
GodFreeByChoice wrote:
<quoted text>
you had a very vivid dream.
that's all.
you have not experienced a Miracle, so you don't know how to explain what a Miracle is. period. you resort right away to dream, fantasy, delusion, or hallucination.

fyi, Miracles do happen. yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

#4708 Apr 15, 2014
GodFreeByChoice wrote:
<quoted text>
you had a very vivid dream.
that's all.
I wasnt in bed. I was awake in middle of the day and my sister, the one in the car with me, was a witness. We couldnt both have this 'dream'.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#4709 Apr 15, 2014
<quoted text>
I wasnt in bed. I was awake in middle of the day and my sister, the one in the car with me, was a witness. We couldnt both have this 'dream'.
hi KO :) sorry to hear about your mom.

so you experienced 2 Miracles ? the previous one was when you were in your bed sick ? then an angel came to you ? can you tell me again about that Miracle, i forgot what you told me before.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#4710 Apr 16, 2014
Not to be crass, but your story reminds me of a ghost story from summer camp and the "They can't put it on the internet if it isn't true" commercial.
BTW, do you have any Jenuine "Fossill" wallets or do you just deal in pirate Chinese handbags?
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#4711 Apr 16, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
Not to be crass, but your story reminds me of a ghost story from summer camp and the "They can't put it on the internet if it isn't true" commercial.
BTW, do you have any Jenuine "Fossill" wallets or do you just deal in pirate Chinese handbags?
too bad you have no Miracle story. you don't believe in God, and why should God show you a Miracle ?

“Behave Yourself”

Since: Jul 07

Fort Worth, Texas

#4712 Apr 16, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
too bad you have no Miracle story. you don't believe in God, and why should God show you a Miracle ?
Pardon my skewered logic here but wouldn't it help God's case if He was to make a personal appearance and show a non-believer that He truly does exist?
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#4713 Apr 16, 2014
Edthirty wrote:
<quoted text>
Pardon my skewered logic here but wouldn't it help God's case if He was to make a personal appearance and show a non-believer that He truly does exist?
God is a mystery. He prefers to appear in a form of a Miracle.

“Behave Yourself”

Since: Jul 07

Fort Worth, Texas

#4714 Apr 16, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
God is a mystery. He prefers to appear in a form of a Miracle.
...and you know this because...
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#4715 Apr 16, 2014
Edthirty wrote:
<quoted text>
i have not seen God. i only experienced a real Miracle.:)
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#4716 Apr 16, 2014
Edthirty wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.bing.com/videos/search...

“See how you are?”

Earth

#4717 Apr 16, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe He did show me a miracle but didn't violate any natural laws to do it?
Maybe God doesn't think I'm so shallow that I NEED to see a magic show? Maybe He only gives delusions to those who are receptive to them - just as He did in your facebook link.

What was the point of God miraculously spilling Thompson's Water Seal on the road for a couple believers? What was the point of an angel giving a fortune telling when soothsaying is banned by the Bible?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#4718 Apr 16, 2014
Edthirty wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, that would mess with His quota for the Lake of Fire.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#4719 Apr 16, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, that would mess with His quota for the Lake of Fire.
http://www.godtube.com/watch/...
Dale_Harris

Johannesburg, South Africa

#4720 Apr 17, 2014
I believe in God, I also believe in Miracles. I have experienced a Miracle by God and I will not type it out for everyone to take to pieces. I know what I experienced.
Tony

Los Angeles, CA

#4721 Apr 17, 2014
It is all about FAITH. Through FAITH God gives miracles. During the hardest times in our lives we need to have the most FAITH, so that God can give us miracles and so that God can pour his blessings on us.

May God bless you all.

Tony V.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min onemale 265,494
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Insults Are Easier 778,855
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min USA Born 560,591
Will the False Prophet come from the Vatican??? 12 min Kid_Tomorrow 5
Moses never existed 13 min Khatru 846
Looking for GWM in Lake Albert 14 min kkenwooo 1
How are lithuanian men? (Jun '08) 18 min Ray 27
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr truth 605,363
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) Sat risque 137
More from around the web