God is REAL - Miracles Happen!

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#4635 Mar 14, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
speak for yourself.
I'd rather be boring than do any of your vices.
Mission accomplished.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#4636 Mar 14, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
so you really believe Christ and his Miracles and teachings did not exist ?
then why is it that I experienced a real Miracle on June 30, 2011 ?
why is this boy healed through faith and prayer ?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php...
I differentiate between Jesus the Nazarite and Christ the Anointed. One might have been real but the other certainly was not. Does that boggle your mind? I suspect so.
I have no evidence that you experienced a "miracle." You have been remarkably vague in describing it. I do not cry "It's a Miracle!" when a squirming kid stops squirming or when a Madonna appears on a toasted cheese sandwich.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#4637 Mar 14, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Mission accomplished.
the only thing you know is missionary position. how sad.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#4638 Mar 14, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
the only thing you know is missionary position. how sad.
A juvenile retort. Boring.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#4639 Mar 14, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
A juvenile retort. Boring.
well, good. that is my intention, to bore you.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#4640 Mar 14, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
well, good. that is my intention, to bore you.
mission accomplished
Tony

United States

#4641 Mar 28, 2014
That which you do for these the least of mine, you do for me...

Matthew 25: 31-46

Here is a link for a thread that I started on the Topix page for Anaheim pertaining to helping the homeless people at La Palma Park...

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/anaheim-ca/TS...

May God bless you all.

Tony V.
Tony

United States

#4642 Mar 28, 2014
I started a thread on the Topix forum for Los Angeles pertaining to sending ideas to the Mayor of Los Angeles on the issues of helping the homeless people, and on helping to improve Los Angeles, etc. Here is the link...

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/los-angeles-c...

May God bless you all.

Tony V.
Tony

United States

#4643 Mar 28, 2014
"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands."

Deuteronomy 7:9

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#4644 Mar 28, 2014
Tony wrote:
"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands."
Deuteronomy 7:9
“Religion has convinced people that there's an invisible man ... living in the sky. Who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn't want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer, and suffer, and burn, and scream, until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you. He loves you and he needs money.”~~George Carlin
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#4645 Mar 28, 2014
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
“Religion has convinced people that there's an invisible man ... living in the sky. Who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn't want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer, and suffer, and burn, and scream, until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you. He loves you and he needs money.”~~George Carlin
at least religion has the Ten Commandments that the followers obey.

http://religion.answers.com/christianity/an-o...

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#4646 Mar 29, 2014
Let's take a good look at those 10 "commandments."
So which ones have humans considered important enough to make into actual LAWS...
The first 4 are only about Yahweh's ego.

#1 -- No other gods? We have religious freedom.
#2 -- Graven images? You must be kidding. Been inside a church lately?
#3 -- Lords name in vain? Punishable by law? Hardly.
#4 -- Sabbath? 99% of the population would be imprisoned or worse.
#5 -- How about not respecting your mom and dad? Nope.
#7 -- Is adultery illegal? Nope.
#9 -- Lies? Not illegal outside of when you specifically swear not to lie.
#10-- Coveting? Nothing illegal about wanting provided you don't steal.

***#6 and #8... murder and stealing... are civil LAWS.***
Those go back farther, much farther (to 1772 BCE in Babylonia) to The Code of Hammurabi.
A civilized society does not tolerate murder and stealing.

How about "thou shalt not molest children" or "thou shalt not own another human being?"
Where are those?
Yahweh doesn't consider those important enough to make "the list?"

Even I, a mere human, can see that the 10 suggestions could have been done much better.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#4647 Mar 29, 2014
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
Let's take a good look at those 10 "commandments."
So which ones have humans considered important enough to make into actual LAWS...
The first 4 are only about Yahweh's ego.
#1 -- No other gods? We have religious freedom.
#2 -- Graven images? You must be kidding. Been inside a church lately?
#3 -- Lords name in vain? Punishable by law? Hardly.
#4 -- Sabbath? 99% of the population would be imprisoned or worse.
#5 -- How about not respecting your mom and dad? Nope.
#7 -- Is adultery illegal? Nope.
#9 -- Lies? Not illegal outside of when you specifically swear not to lie.
#10-- Coveting? Nothing illegal about wanting provided you don't steal.
***#6 and #8... murder and stealing... are civil LAWS.***
Those go back farther, much farther (to 1772 BCE in Babylonia) to The Code of Hammurabi.
A civilized society does not tolerate murder and stealing.
How about "thou shalt not molest children" or "thou shalt not own another human being?"
Where are those?
Yahweh doesn't consider those important enough to make "the list?"
Even I, a mere human, can see that the 10 suggestions could have been done much better.
thou shall not criticize the Ten Commandments. and do as it says. you are inviting trouble by not following the Ten Commandments.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#4648 Mar 29, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
thou shall not criticize the Ten Commandments. and do as it says. you are inviting trouble by not following the Ten Commandments.
THE Ten Commandments? Thou shalt keep the feast of unleavened bread, thou shalt not boil a goat in its mother's milk, etc.? Or maybe you mean
Thou shalt not step on a crack, thou shalt not break a mirror, thou shalt not walk beneath a ladder, thou shalt not open thy umbrella in thy house....?
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#4649 Mar 29, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
THE Ten Commandments? Thou shalt keep the feast of unleavened bread, thou shalt not boil a goat in its mother's milk, etc.? Or maybe you mean
Thou shalt not step on a crack, thou shalt not break a mirror, thou shalt not walk beneath a ladder, thou shalt not open thy umbrella in thy house....?
earth is your address ? you are lucky God allowed you to live and enjoy your stay here on earth. you should be thankful to God for that privilege. God created the universe which includes our own earth.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#4650 Mar 29, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
earth is your address ? you are lucky God allowed you to live and enjoy your stay here on earth. you should be thankful to God for that privilege. God created the universe which includes our own earth.
That is your superstitious opinion.

You are entitled to it, but don't expect others to agree
when there is NO evidence of your "god" ....whatsoever.

The bible? That collection of myths and folklore of a primitive and superstitious people?

Believer: "The bible is the word of god."
Nonbeliever: "How do you know?"
Believer: "The bible tells us."
Nonbeliever: "Why should I believe the bible?"
Believer: "The bible is infallible."
Nonbeliever: "How do you know that?"
Believer: "The bible is the word of god."
Nonbeliever: "How do you know?"
Believer: "The bible tells us."
.....ad nauseum......

Circular reasoning at its finest.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#4651 Mar 29, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can not frighten rational people with your boogeyman.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#4652 Mar 30, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been to Chicago. That's why I don't live there. I choose not to share personal information because there are batshyte crazy people on the internet. You might not know who you are, but it's pretty damned obvious to me.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#4653 Mar 30, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been to Chicago. That's why I don't live there. I choose not to share personal information because there are batshyte crazy people on the internet. You might not know who you are, but it's pretty damned obvious to me.
batshyte ? sounds like bath house, a gay bath house. probably you visited Chicago for the gay bath house ?
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#4654 Mar 30, 2014
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
You can not frighten rational people with your boogeyman.
which one frightens you ?

a crucifix

or

Linda Blair ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 22 min KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 81,277
Judas Iscariot and Mark Fuhrman 1 hr Johnny 47
Heros of the Simpson criminal trial 1 hr Johnny 56
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Johnny 448,459
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr URineIdiot 701,951
Gay snap eh 6 hr Vet 15
"I thought me & you was down like stocking caps... 6 hr Doctor REALITY 3
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 hr River Tam 995,884