God is REAL - Miracles Happen!
Kajol Mathur Nair

Pune, India

#4542 Oct 9, 2013
I am with Hiding For You Girl...

I believe there is an unseen power ...which balance Good and Bad in the world....and when Bad becomes more than Good...then pple run out of faith...they start doubting their God..or wish for overnight miracle to change the situation...

I believe that faith has tremendous power and it is because of this faith towards the unseen /super power ...things sometimes turn better for us which we never expected...

Lets not NAME /TAG this super Power ...and lets not make the copyright of God as Christian God/ Non Christian GOD...GOD is everywhere as an unseen power to help everyone ...though he gives struggle and expect us to fight back...I am also pretty sick seeing all the injustice happening in world..and my haert really comes out to know the sorrowness... and to know selfish/hypocrites ...

But lets pray to God without labelling him...and lets believe this Planet revive again...

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#4543 Oct 10, 2013
Deut. 22:28 If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;
22:29 Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.
----------
If a man rapes a woman and is caught, she must marry her rapist after he pays her father fifty shekels.
Nice, huh?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#4544 Oct 10, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
Deut. 22:28 If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;
22:29 Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.
----------
If a man rapes a woman and is caught, she must marry her rapist after he pays her father fifty shekels.
Nice, huh?
But, she couldn't have the status of a real wife if the rapist paid the dowry. Within an OT household, her rank would be lower than concubine. The good news,(if you want to look for the lead lining to that cloud) is that in accordance to scriptural law she can divorce him if he stops raping her on a regular basis - never mind that she would be a social leper and probably starve.
The most obvious solution would be for her to not cry out while being assaulted the first time - that way she could end her suffering by being put to death. Much more romantic...gotta love a happy ending.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#4545 Oct 10, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
But, she couldn't have the status of a real wife if the rapist paid the dowry. Within an OT household, her rank would be lower than concubine. The good news,(if you want to look for the lead lining to that cloud) is that in accordance to scriptural law she can divorce him if he stops raping her on a regular basis - never mind that she would be a social leper and probably starve.
The most obvious solution would be for her to not cry out while being assaulted the first time - that way she could end her suffering by being put to death. Much more romantic...gotta love a happy ending.
..."because he hath *humbled* her"....

"Humbled?" "HUMBLED?!"How dare a female be proud and feel special simply because she hadn't had sex?
Apparently such women needed raping so that they would be "humble."
How revolting... disgusting... infintely sad.

You are right. Once she was raped she was better off dead.
She was "ruined goods." Her value destroyed.
Patriarchal religions treat women and children as property, nothing more.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#4546 Oct 10, 2013
I meant to add ^^^

Ah, Christianity... the religion of love and forgiveness.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#4547 Oct 11, 2013
Kajol Mathur Nair wrote:
I am with Hiding For You Girl...
I believe there is an unseen power ...which balance Good and Bad in the world....and when Bad becomes more than Good...then pple run out of faith...they start doubting their God..or wish for overnight miracle to change the situation...
I believe that faith has tremendous power and it is because of this faith towards the unseen /super power ...things sometimes turn better for us which we never expected...
Lets not NAME /TAG this super Power ...and lets not make the copyright of God as Christian God/ Non Christian GOD...GOD is everywhere as an unseen power to help everyone ...though he gives struggle and expect us to fight back...I am also pretty sick seeing all the injustice happening in world..and my haert really comes out to know the sorrowness... and to know selfish/hypocrites ...
But lets pray to God without labelling him...and lets believe this Planet revive again...
Ummm, what?

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#4548 Oct 11, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
----------
Nice, huh?
So by bible law, rape can be justified by amending the act to pre-relationship prostitution... but only if you are caught.

Hallowed be thy name.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#4549 Oct 11, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
..."because he hath *humbled* her"....
"Humbled?" "HUMBLED?!"How dare a female be proud and feel special simply because she hadn't had sex?
Apparently such women needed raping so that they would be "humble."
How revolting... disgusting... infintely sad.
You are right. Once she was raped she was better off dead.
She was "ruined goods." Her value destroyed.
Patriarchal religions treat women and children as property, nothing more.
Nothing humbles those uppity virgins like a good rapin'.

In Islam you may not put a virgin to death.

Only one solution... rape her and carry out sentence.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#4550 Oct 12, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing humbles those uppity virgins like a good rapin'.
In Islam you may not put a virgin to death.
Only one solution... rape her and carry out sentence.
Patriarchal religions will die out and the time of matriarchs will return.
Then the world will be a more sane place.
Tony

Los Angeles, CA

#4551 Oct 12, 2013
Saturday, October 12, 2013

"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash."

Matthew 7:24-27

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#4552 Oct 12, 2013
Deut.13:6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;
13:7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;
13:8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:
13:9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.
13:10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.
----------

So if any family or friends encourage you, in any way, not to worship Yahweh, you MUST kill them!
So much for freedom of religion....

Why would a universe-creating, all-powerful superbeing give a rat's @ss whether or not a mere mortal human is fawning over it?
Jealousy is such a petty emotion.
So is vendictiveness.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#4553 Oct 12, 2013
^^^Sorry, "vindictiveness."

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#4554 Oct 12, 2013
Speaking of indictiveness....

Deut. 13:15 Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword.
----------

Yahweh says kill ALL the inhabitants (men, women, children, babies) of any city of unbelievers.... including the CATTLE!

What did the poor cows do to deserve that?
Not to mention the children and babies...
Tony

Los Angeles, CA

#4555 Oct 14, 2013
Monday, October 14, 2013

"The LORD is my light and my salvation -- whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life -- of whom shall I be afraid?"

Psalm 27:1

“See how you are?”

Earth

#4556 Oct 15, 2013
Tony wrote:
Monday, October 14, 2013
"The LORD is my light and my salvation -- whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life -- of whom shall I be afraid?"
Psalm 27:1
Faith helps you be unafraid of the evil shades dancing just beyond the campfire. Religion is what tells you there >are< evil shades dancing just beyond the campfire - as if the real lions and the real wolves weren't enough.
Tony

Los Angeles, CA

#4557 Oct 17, 2013
"The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace."

– Romans 8:6
Leman Russ

Bottrop, Germany

#4558 Oct 17, 2013
God is amde up in the past to explain things that couldnt been explained back in the days, due to the lack of knowlege, God is a fairy tale like snow white, made up for people to stupid to understand the world around them, and to reduce their fears.
PDX Dave

Portland, OR

#4559 Oct 17, 2013
You are partially correct; God is most definitely real. However, miracles USED TO happen. Ever since Christ's ascension after he rose from his tomb, God has been pretty much a absentee landlord. Watching, perhaps being amused by all of mankind's woes sufferings and self-destructive activity, but he doesn't intervene any more with miracles. These days, and airplane crashes and two or three people walk out of it. And they say 'it's a miracle!' well no, it was dumb luck. A miracle would have been, if the airplane crashed and burned and nobody got hurt. So far as things like that go here on earth, we humans are on our own. Yes, you can pray – and God hears you – He just doesn't do anything about it.
Leman Russ

Bottrop, Germany

#4560 Oct 17, 2013
well, lets say god is real, how was he created?
If he was here before anything was there

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#4561 Oct 18, 2013
PDX Dave wrote:
You are partially correct; God is most definitely real. However, miracles USED TO happen. Ever since Christ's ascension after he rose from his tomb, God has been pretty much a absentee landlord. Watching, perhaps being amused by all of mankind's woes sufferings and self-destructive activity, but he doesn't intervene any more with miracles. These days, and airplane crashes and two or three people walk out of it. And they say 'it's a miracle!' well no, it was dumb luck. A miracle would have been, if the airplane crashed and burned and nobody got hurt. So far as things like that go here on earth, we humans are on our own. Yes, you can pray – and God hears you – He just doesn't do anything about it.
What a coincidence that miracles stopped occurring at the same time the people were able to accurately record such things.

Where was god and all of these miracles for the 150,000 years man walked the Earth before Moses supposedly showed up?

He decided to put on a show for 200 years and retire?

What is the point of praying to a god who is completely indifferent?

None of this backs up your claim that "God is definitely real". That is a hell of a statement when your best hypothesis is that he left.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Hidingfromyou 877,933
God COMMANDS that men/women DEFEAT THEIR LUSTS!... 7 min Bigelow 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min RoSesz 603,170
The Christian Atheist debate 15 min Insults Are Easier 3,792
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 32 min dollarsbill 7,959
Ruthlessly GREEDY New Yorkers earned 9-11 53 min WasteWater 3
light skin men (Apr '13) 1 hr heey 6
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 12 hr sangili karuppan 7,612
More from around the web