|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text> Okay, good. I am surprised you chose someone mentioned in the Bible due to the fact that you give validity that the Bible does contain Historic factual testimony.
Now as for the DNA for Philip, you are not informed...there is none.
OK, lunch meat, now what else are you gonna make up and try to pass off as fact...lol
Alexander The Great was mentioned in the bible?......really?.......care to post the verse were he is mentioned?

You claim that there is more evidence for the existence of Jesus than any other person from that time period, I have seen NOTHING, ZIP, ZILCH, NADA, where is all of this evidence? You asleep for evidence from others from that time period and I gave it to you, sorry if your that uninformed. You do realize that you can visit and see for yourself some of the Egyptian Pharaoh's, they where from the time of this fictions Jesus.

And you do know that although the Romans, who's facial features you can see first hand, kept fastidious records especially of their crucifixions, had NO recordings of a person called Jesus Christ being crucified. Give it up skippy, as I said before, and you have offered no evidence to the contrary, there is NO CONTEMPORARY ACCOUNT of Jesus Christ OUTSIDE of the bible. You lose once again!!!
EXPERT

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Alexander The Great was mentioned in the bible?......really?.......care to post the verse were he is mentioned?
You claim that there is more evidence for the existence of Jesus than any other person from that time period, I have seen NOTHING, ZIP, ZILCH, NADA, where is all of this evidence?
Slow your roll butterscotch. I will be glad to, but it was you that was to present the Historical evidence for Alexander, however all you did was claim DNA evidence hope you have more than that, but we can start there. So go ahead and reveal this DNA you are claiming and then I'll post the reference I referred to.

The floor is yours peanut...
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Slow your roll butterscotch. I will be glad to, but it was you that was to present the Historical evidence for Alexander, however all you did was claim DNA evidence hope you have more than that, but we can start there. So go ahead and reveal this DNA you are claiming and then I'll post the reference I referred to.
1) The Babylonian Royal Diary, kept for millenia, mentions him. This is why we are absolutely certain about the precise date of his death; the diary records the day that 'The King Died' to use its words. This is a day to day account of the most important events befalling Babylon/Babylonia, not a narrative historical account.
2) There is a contemporary administrative document from Bactria, written in Aramaic, that records the moment of Alexander's arrival in Bactria in pursuit of the main assassin of Darius III, Artaxerxes V or Bessus. Indeed, the same documents record the moment that Bessus reached Bactria too, and as the documents both name him as King Artaxerxes and Bessus we have absolute confirmation about his status as a usurper.
These two references to Alexander by contemporary sources are indisputable in authenticity. It means that these days, we actually do have direct evidence of his existence.

This from a site called Askhistorians.com

Notice the paragraph with "References to Alexander by CONTEMPORARY sources. Not 20 years later!!1 Got it skippy!!!

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Too funny "You still want more?" says you.......More? you didn't offer any skippy!!!
There is actually some very solid evidence for Alexander The Great, they have DNA for his father, and can therefore match the DNA directly to Alexander The Great.
You want more?.........We can actually examine first hand, the great rulers of Egypt. There mummified bodies are on display.
Archeologists have exhumed the bones and artifacts of people from that time period, very solid evidence that they existed.
There are Busts of Roman nobility and emperors from Jesus's time period, very accurate reproductions of their facial features, in addition Romans where very thorough with their record keeping, especially there crucifixions, and NOWHERE are there any records of one Jesus Christ being crucified.
some one donated an empty tomb

you can go there yourself and see that there is no jesus in the empty tomb

how much more biblical evidence could you possibly want?
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
This idea generally stems from the fact that there are no surviving written primary sources about Alexander. Most of the ancient records we have date were written several centuries after Alexander's death Wikipedia's historiography article sums it up pretty well. HOWEVER, there are like two dozen cities named after him stretching from greece to india, coins from his reign, and inscriptions of his name dated to his reign. His generals are well known and many became kings and founded dynasties in their own right. Greek culture spread throughout the middle east leaving a host of archealogical evidence as a direct result of his conquests. Despite the lack of contemporary sources, there really seems to be an overwhelming amount of secondary evidence supporting Alexander's existence.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul's letters and Mark are written probably within a few years of 50 CE and we start getting independent references like Suetonius and Josephus a little before 100 CE and then Pliny the Younger and Tacitus a decade or two after. So nothing really until he was dead for about 20 years and nothing independent until he was dead for maybe 60 years.

60 years is NOT a contemporary account, got it!!!

Now how about some of the mountains of evidence you haver for the existence of Jesus, I'll wait!!!
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>You still want more? Ok...
Let's find out who is wrong here,
My claim, "There is more Historical evidence for Jesus than any other figure of the times."
So if you want to claim otherwise, who do you believe we have more Historical evidence for?
Last, I have many more than Josephus...
Your turn, pumpkin patch!
I noticed how you dropped the 4.5 billion year old Earth, and the orbital period of Pluto, along with other facts concerning Pluto even though we have never witnessed one full orbit, pathetic, really pathetic.

When do you want to start going over the immoralities and unbelievable cruelties found in your holy book? Maybe we could start with slavery and work our way down to the rape of young virgins, let me know skippy!!!!

Oh, you also gave up on one of the most ridiculous claims in all of Christianity, the Noah Flood, ROTFLMAO !!!!!! Do you still believe the big bad troll will come up and eat you when you cross his bridge..LOL I swear, gullibility should have been one of the 10 commandments, "Thou shalt not be gullible." Better get to work cupcake, you've got a lot of ground to cover!!!!!!!
EXPERT

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I noticed how you dropped the 4.5 billion year old Earth, and the orbital period of Pluto, along with other facts concerning Pluto even though we have never witnessed one full orbit, pathetic, really pathetic.
When do you want to start going over the immoralities and unbelievable cruelties found in your holy book? Maybe we could start with slavery and work our way down to the rape of young virgins, let me know skippy!!!!
Oh, you also gave up on one of the most ridiculous claims in all of Christianity, the Noah Flood, ROTFLMAO !!!!!! Do you still believe the big bad troll will come up and eat you when you cross his bridge..LOL I swear, gullibility should have been one of the 10 commandments, "Thou shalt not be gullible." Better get to work cupcake, you've got a lot of ground to cover!!!!!!!
No, I will. Like I said, you threw me off so I want to provide a rational response back, but gotta take the dogs out, need SLEEEEEEEEP...
EXPERT

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul's letters and Mark are written probably within a few years of 50 CE and we start getting independent references like Suetonius and Josephus a little before 100 CE and then Pliny the Younger and Tacitus a decade or two after. So nothing really until he was dead for about 20 years and nothing independent until he was dead for maybe 60 years.
60 years is NOT a contemporary account, got it!!!
Now how about some of the mountains of evidence you haver for the existence of Jesus, I'll wait!!!
Disregard the written intro, takes away from the discussion,

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Ale

Voorhees, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

i've seen no miracles

no wonders..

your mind is so poisoned by that mess..

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Knock off purse seller wrote:
<quoted text>
How old is the Earth? millions of years old.
Were Adam and Eve real people? Nope.
Was there a global flood? Nope.
Is Jesus alive in Heaven and watching you? Nope, he didnt exist.
See, not everyone who experienced a miracle believes in that gobbledeegook.
Not being able to identify the make and model of an aircraft is by definition evidence that UFOs exist. Similarly, not being personally capable of explaining an occurrence is "proof" of a miracle.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Disregard the written intro, takes away from the discussion,
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
First let me stop laughing long enough to respond to this youtube video....... whew, ok. I'm better now. So as *evidence* for the existence of Jesus Christ you offer a youtube video on the opinion of ONE PERSON?...Really? The presentation states that the Atheists is the one who is humiliated, but iN fact it's the person claiming to have "Hard evidence" for the existence of Christ that gets his ass handed to him. First the host gets him to admit that there are NO CONTEMPORARY account for Jesus. This guys ONLY argument is that there is no evidence for anyone in ancient times, and then is stupid enough to use Julius Cesar as an example. Lets compare the two:

1.) Cesar ruled over millions of people in multiple countries........Jesus, preached to ignorant shepherds in a backwards desert region, probably connected to a few thousand at best.

2.) There are busts with the likeliness of Cesar......Jesus, NOTHING, except the images conjured up by artists.

3.) Cesar had his image on coins......Jesus, NOTHING

4.) Those who wrote about Cesar wrote about him during his time, were in fact CONTEMPORARIES of Julius Cesar.....Jesus, there are NO CONTEMPORARY ACCOUNTS FOR JESUS OUTSIDE OF THE BIBLE.

This numbnuts claims there are no scholars that disagree with him, which is simply a lie, when I have more time I'll post some comments by biblical scholars who seriously question the existence of Jesus and the accuracy of the Gospels.

So you post a video of one guys opinion who's ONLY argument is that if one doesn't accept the existence of Jesus the you can't accept the existence of any historical figure. His "HARD" evidence is based oN that stupid premiss plus the writings of Paul, of which we have no verification as to there authenticity, and NO original documents. It is all hearsay, no even acceptable in a court of law. You have failed miserably here, the person you prop up as an expert has absolutely NO argument for the existence of jesus, and has offered no evidence other than his weak argument. Do better.....try again!!!!! NOW>... back to ROTFLMAO!!!

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
All false assumptions.
Sleep deprivation adversely affects the brain and cognitive function.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

I do so enjoy watching these Christians put their tails between their legs and run for cover. This dude EXPERT seems like just another cowardly Christian unable to argue for his God thingy. Not only do we Atheists know more about their holy book than they do, our understanding of science and how the world around us operated is so much more complete. I guess thats what religious brainwashing does to you, pretty friggin sad if you ask me.
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Their bible is a joke like their jesus. Parts of it sound like someone had schizophrenia and mistook it for God speaking to them. Pretty funny if you ask me.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>Must be able to observe and reproduce, so no, not scientific fact. FAIL!!!
<quoted text>There have been many people that have lived that there is no evidence for, also absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. FAIL!!!
<quoted text>This assumes you have absolute knowledge of 'ALL' evidence. You believe in absolutes? Go ahead and present this flood evidence...waiting.
<quoted text> No serious Historian holds to this debunked view, also there is more Historical evidence for Jesus than any other figure of the times. FAIL!!!
Get all of that chuck wagon?
We do observe and can reproduce experiments telling us how old the Earth is.
This is done through a series of radiometric dating procedures. The oldest rocks on Earth are 3.9 billion years old which fit in perfectly.
It is not like we picked up a rock outside a geologist house and licked it... "bout 4.5 billion..." This is hardcore science.

To this day there has been no one at all that had produced contrary results in a valid scientific experiment. That would get you a Nobel prize for sure and all the funding you would ever need. So it isn't like there is just no motivation.

There is no fail here. No matter what you learned in high school.

----------

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence is a logical fallacy. It is called argument from ignorance. Look it up and you will quickly realize why you should never trow that at anyone intelligent.

A much more accurate statement would be...

"That which can be asserted without evidence, may be dismissed without evidence."

----------

I am a fan of the Bible. Not so much God or Jesus. There is no historical evidence of Jesus. If you have some I would love to look at it.

I do think Jesus existed. I am not saying he was anyone like he claimed to be, but there was a guy. I have enough evidence for that. But it is hardly historical.

I have seen many claim historical evidence of Jesus. They have yet to provide it. Maybe you will be different, but I can't say my expectations are high.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>You still want more? Ok...
Let's find out who is wrong here,
My claim, "There is more Historical evidence for Jesus than any other figure of the times."
So if you want to claim otherwise, who do you believe we have more Historical evidence for?
Last, I have many more than Josephus...
Your turn, pumpkin patch!
You had better have more than Josephus.

He never mentioned Jesus.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

Funny how you can go round with smart people about evidence and reproducing results.

But you can not seem to prove Jesus.

I'll bet I could make Black Lagoon at least accept a serious possibility that a guy named Jesus walked where and when they say he did in just one post.

But I will allow you to drown in logical fallacy first. When I show you how it is done... you won't appreciate how I do it anyhow.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

I would quickly like to cover the people who believe that science is a conspiracy against religion.

You see evidence pile high against most Biblical tales (fables). Because science can't make the world 10000 years old or because Adam and Eve is a biological impossibility.

You get upset with us. You attempt over and over to invalidate anything you possibly can. You think that if you could maybe prove the flood that we would all come to see that Jesus was actually the son of a legitimate God figure.

I can grant you ALL the miracles from immaculate conception to the assumption. You still are left holding an empty vessel. None of it would prove he was the son of god.

Scientist are not a chummy group of colleges. The only thing that could make us happier than to prove something is to DISPROVE something. We are sharks. If we smell blood we will attack and discredit an experiment/theory with everything we have.

Being the man or woman that conquered Einstein, or Darwin, or even Newton would bring fame and funding. Both things are desirable by most. If I could take down relativity I would do it with glee. And there are thousands upon thousands just like me.

Science is not a gang of atheist attempting to remove religion from Earth. It just so happens that little in the Bible jives with science or history for that matter.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

Scrutiny wrote:
Funny how you can go round with smart people about evidence and reproducing results.
But you can not seem to prove Jesus.
I'll bet I could make Black Lagoon at least accept a serious possibility that a guy named Jesus walked where and when they say he did in just one post.
But I will allow you to drown in logical fallacy first. When I show you how it is done... you won't appreciate how I do it anyhow.
I certainly do accept that someone with the name Jesus did in fact exist at that time and did roam the countryside preaching. In fact I do believe that there was more than one person with that name who was also preaching. I reject the Jesus depicted by Christians, one who was born of a virgin mother, performed miracles, was crucified and resurrected. Since I reject a God figure then I certainly reject one described as his son. And I reject the doctrine of the trinity, God/Jesus/the holy ghost. No one has yet to accurately describe to me with any intelligence or reason exactly how three entities exists as ONE but are somehow SEPARATE.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,181 - 4,200 of5,166
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

402 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min IPSEC 716,086
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min onemale 255,612
What country has the best culture in your opinion? (Jul '08) 50 min howisthat 240
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 53 min hail 151
jawan bhanji ki chudai kaise karu (Apr '13) 54 min sanju 31
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 58 min Johnny 1,394
Wedding silks 1 hr Rohini 1
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr andet1987 93,157
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr marge 529,748
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 8 hr Shut-Up 60
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••