God is REAL - Miracles Happen!
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#4480 Sep 4, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh. I saw a miracle on America's Got Talent. Women appearing and disappearing before a live audience of thousands!
I've come across many who >claim< not to be delusional - yet they believe that the Earth is less than 10,000 years old and was completely submerged beneath tens of thousands of feet of water a mere 4,500 years ago. And then there are those millions who think Mohammed rode his horse to heaven... Noooo, religies aren't subject to being delusional...
well, i only experienced a miracle one time. i never experienced any form of delusion in my entire life. and i have never experienced any hallucinations. never. that particular day that i saw a miracle was somewhat unbelievable at first, but i really saw it and i can not change what i saw. it really happened right in front of me. me and Jeff saw it. i don't think me and Jeff were having a delusion or hallucination at the same time. no way.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#4481 Sep 5, 2013
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
well, i only experienced a miracle one time. i never experienced any form of delusion in my entire life. and i have never experienced any hallucinations. never. that particular day that i saw a miracle was somewhat unbelievable at first, but i really saw it and i can not change what i saw. it really happened right in front of me. me and Jeff saw it. i don't think me and Jeff were having a delusion or hallucination at the same time. no way.
Someone wins lottery money in time to pay bills. A miracle. A cat falls from a tree without getting hurt. A miracle. A turtle crosses a road without being run over. A miracle. Someone survives an illness. A miracle. The image of the virgin Mary on grilled cheese. A miracle. Someone doesn't recognize an illusion of perspective or know when they are delusional. Not miracles.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#4482 Sep 5, 2013
Knock off purse seller wrote:
<quoted text>
If we were having delusions we would've had that medical problem all the time not just about this one thing.
Lets test that, then. How old is the Earth? Were Adam and Eve real people? Was there a global flood? Is Jesus alive in Heaven and watching you?
Knock off purse seller

Englewood, CO

#4484 Sep 5, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets test that, then. How old is the Earth? Were Adam and Eve real people? Was there a global flood? Is Jesus alive in Heaven and watching you?
How old is the Earth? millions of years old.
Were Adam and Eve real people? Nope.
Was there a global flood? Nope.
Is Jesus alive in Heaven and watching you? Nope, he didnt exist.

See, not everyone who experienced a miracle believes in that gobbledeegook.
Knock off purse seller

Englewood, CO

#4485 Sep 5, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone wins lottery money in time to pay bills. A miracle. A cat falls from a tree without getting hurt. A miracle. A turtle crosses a road without being run over. A miracle. Someone survives an illness. A miracle. The image of the virgin Mary on grilled cheese. A miracle. Someone doesn't recognize an illusion of perspective or know when they are delusional. Not miracles.
Those are not miracles.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#4486 Sep 5, 2013
Knock off purse seller wrote:
<quoted text>
How old is the Earth? millions of years old.
Were Adam and Eve real people? Nope.
Was there a global flood? Nope.
Is Jesus alive in Heaven and watching you? Nope, he didnt exist.
See, not everyone who experienced a miracle believes in that gobbledeegook.
All false assumptions.
Knock off purse seller

Englewood, CO

#4487 Sep 5, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
All false assumptions.
A religious person would say that.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#4488 Sep 5, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
All false assumptions.
All "False" assumptions?.........really

The Earth is actually 4.5 billions years old.....scientific FACT.....not assumption.

There is absolutely NO evidence that points to Adam Nad Eve being real people....not an assumption, false because of zero evidence.

All Geological and scientific evidence show that a global flood NEVER took place....scientific FACT...not assumption.

There are no CONTEMPORARY accounts of Jesus outside of the bible. Lack of evidence for his existence point to a mythical being who's existence can only be traced through numerous stories passed down over many years.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#4489 Sep 5, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>All "False" assumptions?.........really
The Earth is actually 4.5 billions years old.....scientific FACT.....not assumption.
Must be able to observe and reproduce, so no, not scientific fact. FAIL!!!
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>
There is absolutely NO evidence that points to Adam Nad Eve being real people....not an assumption, false because of zero evidence.
There have been many people that have lived that there is no evidence for, also absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. FAIL!!!
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>
All Geological and scientific evidence show that a global flood NEVER took place....scientific FACT...not assumption.
This assumes you have absolute knowledge of 'ALL' evidence. You believe in absolutes? Go ahead and present this flood evidence...waiting.
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no CONTEMPORARY accounts of Jesus outside of the bible. Lack of evidence for his existence point to a mythical being who's existence can only be traced through numerous stories passed down over many years.
No serious Historian holds to this debunked view, also there is more Historical evidence for Jesus than any other figure of the times. FAIL!!!

Get all of that chuck wagon?
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#4490 Sep 5, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>Must be able to observe and reproduce, so no, not scientific fact. FAIL!!!
<quoted text>There have been many people that have lived that there is no evidence for, also absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. FAIL!!!
<quoted text>This assumes you have absolute knowledge of 'ALL' evidence. You believe in absolutes? Go ahead and present this flood evidence...waiting.
<quoted text> No serious Historian holds to this debunked view, also there is more Historical evidence for Jesus than any other figure of the times. FAIL!!!
Get all of that chuck wagon?
That something must be observable in order to be factual is false. We KNOW the orbit of Pluto is 248 years although we have NEVER observed one full orbit. There is NO scientific criteria that involved *reproducing* as a form of evidence.

Even though it has never been OBSERVED we KNOW that the atmosphere on Pluto evaporated when it is closest to the sun, and the atmosphere freezes again as it mover away from the sun. Learn some science, you'll seem much less..........stupid.

Absents of evidence is indeed evidence of absents. You may now count Jesus as one of those people who have supposedly lived for which there is no evidence.

I and anyone interested in the truth have all of the necessary knowledge to show no such event took place. The absent's of geological evidence that would support such a global event alone, is enough. The number of impossible events that would be necessary for a Noah flood are staggering. Anyone with any knowledge of science would know that such an event is tidally impossible. Lets start with the origin and then the disappearance of 4.5 billion cubic MILES of extra water. Learn some science, you'll seem much less........idiotic.

Once again for the brain dead....there are NO CONTEMPORARY accounts of Jesus outside of the bible. There are many biblical historians who hold the view that someone with the name Jesus roamed the countryside at that time preaching, in fact more than one person named Jesus was preaching at that time. But a Jesus that performed miracles, was born of a virgin mother, was crucified and resurrected, no contemporary account has EVER existed. You LOSE once again skippy.

Don't know how wrong you could possibly be with your "There is more Historical evidence for Jesus than any other figure of the times."

You might want to produce all of this historical evidence you say exists, and NO the bible is NOT evidence, nor are the accounts from Josephus, he was NOT a contemporary of the fictitious Jesus dude>
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#4491 Sep 5, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>That something must be observable in order to be factual is false. We KNOW the orbit of Pluto is 248 years although we have NEVER observed one full orbit. There is NO scientific criteria that involved *reproducing* as a form of evidence.
Even though it has never been OBSERVED we KNOW that the atmosphere on Pluto evaporated when it is closest to the sun, and the atmosphere freezes again as it mover away from the sun. Learn some science, you'll seem much less..........stupid.
So you and your kind demand observable evidence from others, but it doesn't apply to you...got it.

Next, if you can't observe it, then you are accepting it on faith.
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Absents of evidence is indeed evidence of absents.
You are then saying because there is no evidence of life on other planets, therefore life does not exist?
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#4492 Sep 5, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Don't know how wrong you could possibly be with your "There is more Historical evidence for Jesus than any other figure of the times."
You might want to produce all of this historical evidence you say exists, and NO the bible is NOT evidence, nor are the accounts from Josephus, he was NOT a contemporary of the fictitious Jesus dude>
You still want more? Ok...

Let's find out who is wrong here,

My claim, "There is more Historical evidence for Jesus than any other figure of the times."

So if you want to claim otherwise, who do you believe we have more Historical evidence for?

Last, I have many more than Josephus...

Your turn, pumpkin patch!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#4493 Sep 5, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
So you and your kind demand observable evidence from others, but it doesn't apply to you...got it.
Next, if you can't observe it, then you are accepting it on faith.
<quoted text>You are then saying because there is no evidence of life on other planets, therefore life does not exist?
i demand observable evidence, whether it's from my own observation or from others more knowledgable that myself.

If I can't observe it then I am accepting the information on TRUST, not faith. Faith is a religious term, a term that religious people use to justify their beliefs when NO evidence is available. You use trust and not faith when medical science is involved. Do you TRUST that your doctor is doing the right thing for you? Do you have to "Observe" his treatment, or do you trust that someone with much more knowledge than you will do the right thing?

That is correct, there is no evidence that life exists on other planets, at least not yet, so until there is evidence that life does in fact exist on other planets, any rational person would conclude that at this point in time, life does not exist on other planets. Do I think it possible that life exists on other planets, Yes of course I do, but I don't accept that just because something is possible that it is factual.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#4494 Sep 5, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>You still want more? Ok...
Let's find out who is wrong here,
My claim, "There is more Historical evidence for Jesus than any other figure of the times."
So if you want to claim otherwise, who do you believe we have more Historical evidence for?
Last, I have many more than Josephus...
Your turn, pumpkin patch!
Too funny "You still want more?" says you.......More? you didn't offer any skippy!!!

There is actually some very solid evidence for Alexander The Great, they have DNA for his father, and can therefore match the DNA directly to Alexander The Great.

You want more?.........We can actually examine first hand, the great rulers of Egypt. There mummified bodies are on display.

Archeologists have exhumed the bones and artifacts of people from that time period, very solid evidence that they existed.

There are Busts of Roman nobility and emperors from Jesus's time period, very accurate reproductions of their facial features, in addition Romans where very thorough with their record keeping, especially there crucifixions, and NOWHERE are there any records of one Jesus Christ being crucified.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#4495 Sep 5, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Too funny "You still want more?" says you.......More? you didn't offer any skippy!!!
There is actually some very solid evidence for Alexander The Great, they have DNA for his father, and can therefore match the DNA directly to Alexander The Great.
Okay, good. I am surprised you chose someone mentioned in the Bible due to the fact that you give validity that the Bible does contain Historic factual testimony.

Now as for the DNA for Philip, you are not informed...there is none.

OK, lunch meat, now what else are you gonna make up and try to pass off as fact...lol
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#4496 Sep 5, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text> Okay, good. I am surprised you chose someone mentioned in the Bible due to the fact that you give validity that the Bible does contain Historic factual testimony.
Now as for the DNA for Philip, you are not informed...there is none.
OK, lunch meat, now what else are you gonna make up and try to pass off as fact...lol
Alexander The Great was mentioned in the bible?......really?.......care to post the verse were he is mentioned?

You claim that there is more evidence for the existence of Jesus than any other person from that time period, I have seen NOTHING, ZIP, ZILCH, NADA, where is all of this evidence? You asleep for evidence from others from that time period and I gave it to you, sorry if your that uninformed. You do realize that you can visit and see for yourself some of the Egyptian Pharaoh's, they where from the time of this fictions Jesus.

And you do know that although the Romans, who's facial features you can see first hand, kept fastidious records especially of their crucifixions, had NO recordings of a person called Jesus Christ being crucified. Give it up skippy, as I said before, and you have offered no evidence to the contrary, there is NO CONTEMPORARY ACCOUNT of Jesus Christ OUTSIDE of the bible. You lose once again!!!
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#4497 Sep 5, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Alexander The Great was mentioned in the bible?......really?.......care to post the verse were he is mentioned?
You claim that there is more evidence for the existence of Jesus than any other person from that time period, I have seen NOTHING, ZIP, ZILCH, NADA, where is all of this evidence?
Slow your roll butterscotch. I will be glad to, but it was you that was to present the Historical evidence for Alexander, however all you did was claim DNA evidence hope you have more than that, but we can start there. So go ahead and reveal this DNA you are claiming and then I'll post the reference I referred to.

The floor is yours peanut...
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#4498 Sep 5, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Slow your roll butterscotch. I will be glad to, but it was you that was to present the Historical evidence for Alexander, however all you did was claim DNA evidence hope you have more than that, but we can start there. So go ahead and reveal this DNA you are claiming and then I'll post the reference I referred to.
1) The Babylonian Royal Diary, kept for millenia, mentions him. This is why we are absolutely certain about the precise date of his death; the diary records the day that 'The King Died' to use its words. This is a day to day account of the most important events befalling Babylon/Babylonia, not a narrative historical account.
2) There is a contemporary administrative document from Bactria, written in Aramaic, that records the moment of Alexander's arrival in Bactria in pursuit of the main assassin of Darius III, Artaxerxes V or Bessus. Indeed, the same documents record the moment that Bessus reached Bactria too, and as the documents both name him as King Artaxerxes and Bessus we have absolute confirmation about his status as a usurper.
These two references to Alexander by contemporary sources are indisputable in authenticity. It means that these days, we actually do have direct evidence of his existence.

This from a site called Askhistorians.com

Notice the paragraph with "References to Alexander by CONTEMPORARY sources. Not 20 years later!!1 Got it skippy!!!

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#4499 Sep 5, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Too funny "You still want more?" says you.......More? you didn't offer any skippy!!!
You want more?.........We can actually examine first hand, the great rulers of Egypt. There mummified bodies are on display.
Archeologists have exhumed the bones and artifacts of people from that time period, very solid evidence that they existed.
There are Busts of Roman nobility and emperors from Jesus's time period, very accurate reproductions of their facial features, in addition Romans where very thorough with their record keeping, especially there crucifixions, and NOWHERE are there any records of one Jesus Christ being crucified.
some one donated an empty tomb

you can go there yourself and see that there is no jesus in the empty tomb

how much more biblical evidence could you possibly want?
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#4500 Sep 5, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
This idea generally stems from the fact that there are no surviving written primary sources about Alexander. Most of the ancient records we have date were written several centuries after Alexander's death Wikipedia's historiography article sums it up pretty well. HOWEVER, there are like two dozen cities named after him stretching from greece to india, coins from his reign, and inscriptions of his name dated to his reign. His generals are well known and many became kings and founded dynasties in their own right. Greek culture spread throughout the middle east leaving a host of archealogical evidence as a direct result of his conquests. Despite the lack of contemporary sources, there really seems to be an overwhelming amount of secondary evidence supporting Alexander's existence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Dr Banonator 63,172
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min onemale 281,807
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min Gabriel 973,524
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 24 min kent 653,558
"My anger wouldn't let me feel for a 'stranger'" 1 hr Doctor REALITY 2
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr Ricky F 39,118
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr LAWEST100 618,736
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 11 hr RiccardoFire 106,459
More from around the web