God is REAL - Miracles Happen!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#4467 Aug 26, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! You are right. Brilliant!
Why did Yahweh give human beings brains if he expected them NOT to use them?
I've no issues with most of the lessons Jesus (is attributed to have) taught. I have serious qualms about people believing the hocus-pocus rigmarole that written before and was invented after his death. I don't understand how after being inflicted with the knowledge of right and wrong, it is wrong to recognize and understand what is real and what is fiction. Religies are strange animals. Adam and Eve were condemned by God for wearing fig leaves and now folks who don't wear enough layers are condemned by the fundies. Go figure.
Naturally, I'm not giving even the slightest nod that there ever was a tree of knowledge and Adam and Eve or a talking snake... or elves or Prometheus or Paul Bunyan... I was just sayin'.
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

#4468 Aug 28, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they seem to believe that they get mansions on streets of gold and get to hang out with previously deceased loved ones... just enjoying the "good life" as it were.
What the babble says they really get is to praise, glorify and otherwise kiss Yahweh's @ss 24/7.
I can't imagine anything more boring. An eternity of boredom.
Horrible.
As blacklagoon said, sounds more like that mythical Christian place called Hell.
kiss Yahweh's @ss? They're beliefs are based on that, to do that even before they die. No wonder I dont believe like they do.
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

#4469 Aug 28, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
"Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day.
And the invisible man has a special list of 10 things he does not want you to do.
And if you do any of these 10 things he has a
special place full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish where he will send
you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry for ever and ever until the end of time...
...but he loves you."
- George Carlin
:-) Good one.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#4470 Aug 28, 2013
Knock off purse seller wrote:
<quoted text>
:-) Good one.
Carlin was brilliant. I miss him.

"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist."

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music."

"If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?"

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

"There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls."
Tony

Pasadena, CA

#4472 Sep 2, 2013
"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion -- to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor."

Isaiah 61:1-3

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#4473 Sep 2, 2013
"Better a cruel truth than a comforable delusion."
---Edward Abbey

"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in the delusion, however satisfying and reassuring".---Carl Sagan

"Ignoring reality is not an effective way to get healthier or smarter or safer, even though it might make you feel better." ---Bruce Schneier
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

#4474 Sep 3, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
"Better a cruel truth than a comforable delusion."
---Edward Abbey
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in the delusion, however satisfying and reassuring".---Carl Sagan
"Ignoring reality is not an effective way to get healthier or smarter or safer, even though it might make you feel better." ---Bruce Schneier
Normally I'd agree but, in my case at least, the delusion exists in denying the reality of the miracle I experienced. So what can ya do with that one?... nothing.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#4475 Sep 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Normally I'd agree but, in my case at least, the delusion exists in denying the reality of the miracle I experienced. So what can ya do with that one?... nothing.
nonbelievers don't believe in Miracles and God. they argue that there is a reason behind any miracle and it's not because of God. when you ask them to explain the miracle, they can not explain it or would give an idiot explanation. they think that we are experiencing a delusion/hallucination when we experience a miracle. well, if I were a delusional type of person, then I would have been experiencing delusions/hallucinations daily or regularly. but the miracle I experienced only happened one time. it was a miracle, and never a delusion. besides, there were 2 of us who saw it, not only me.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#4476 Sep 4, 2013
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
nonbelievers don't believe in Miracles and God. they argue that there is a reason behind any miracle and it's not because of God. when you ask them to explain the miracle, they can not explain it or would give an idiot explanation. they think that we are experiencing a delusion/hallucination when we experience a miracle. well, if I were a delusional type of person, then I would have been experiencing delusions/hallucinations daily or regularly. but the miracle I experienced only happened one time. it was a miracle, and never a delusion. besides, there were 2 of us who saw it, not only me.
I know of a fundie who claims that someone answering his lost dog ad in the paper was a sign from God. Someone else paid $28,000 to own the "miracle" of a Madonna on grilled cheese.
In the vast, vast majority of cases, "miracle" IS the "idiot explanation."

“See how you are?”

Earth

#4477 Sep 4, 2013
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh. I saw a miracle on America's Got Talent. Women appearing and disappearing before a live audience of thousands!
I've come across many who >claim< not to be delusional - yet they believe that the Earth is less than 10,000 years old and was completely submerged beneath tens of thousands of feet of water a mere 4,500 years ago. And then there are those millions who think Mohammed rode his horse to heaven... Noooo, religies aren't subject to being delusional...
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

#4478 Sep 4, 2013
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
I swear they're biased against it from the start. I dont see anyone looking at a miracle and then checking to see if it was one or not 1st before forming an opinion. Instead they see the word "miracle" and their 1st reaction is to think "bullsh***it!".

I agree. If we were having delusions we would've had that medical problem all the time not just about this one thing.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#4479 Sep 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Why do I need to "do" anything with "it?"
It's *your* delusion and you seem quite taken with it.

It must make you feel very special to believe that an omnipotent, universe-spanning invisible superbeing guy was interested in you and your well-being.

Whatever gets you through the night, honey.

"When one person suffers from a delusion, it's called insanity.
When many suffer from a delusion, it's called religion."
...Robert M. Pirsig
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#4480 Sep 4, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh. I saw a miracle on America's Got Talent. Women appearing and disappearing before a live audience of thousands!
I've come across many who >claim< not to be delusional - yet they believe that the Earth is less than 10,000 years old and was completely submerged beneath tens of thousands of feet of water a mere 4,500 years ago. And then there are those millions who think Mohammed rode his horse to heaven... Noooo, religies aren't subject to being delusional...
well, i only experienced a miracle one time. i never experienced any form of delusion in my entire life. and i have never experienced any hallucinations. never. that particular day that i saw a miracle was somewhat unbelievable at first, but i really saw it and i can not change what i saw. it really happened right in front of me. me and Jeff saw it. i don't think me and Jeff were having a delusion or hallucination at the same time. no way.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#4481 Sep 5, 2013
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
well, i only experienced a miracle one time. i never experienced any form of delusion in my entire life. and i have never experienced any hallucinations. never. that particular day that i saw a miracle was somewhat unbelievable at first, but i really saw it and i can not change what i saw. it really happened right in front of me. me and Jeff saw it. i don't think me and Jeff were having a delusion or hallucination at the same time. no way.
Someone wins lottery money in time to pay bills. A miracle. A cat falls from a tree without getting hurt. A miracle. A turtle crosses a road without being run over. A miracle. Someone survives an illness. A miracle. The image of the virgin Mary on grilled cheese. A miracle. Someone doesn't recognize an illusion of perspective or know when they are delusional. Not miracles.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#4482 Sep 5, 2013
<quoted text>
If we were having delusions we would've had that medical problem all the time not just about this one thing.
Lets test that, then. How old is the Earth? Were Adam and Eve real people? Was there a global flood? Is Jesus alive in Heaven and watching you?
Knock off purse seller

Englewood, CO

#4484 Sep 5, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets test that, then. How old is the Earth? Were Adam and Eve real people? Was there a global flood? Is Jesus alive in Heaven and watching you?
How old is the Earth? millions of years old.
Were Adam and Eve real people? Nope.
Was there a global flood? Nope.
Is Jesus alive in Heaven and watching you? Nope, he didnt exist.

See, not everyone who experienced a miracle believes in that gobbledeegook.
Knock off purse seller

Englewood, CO

#4485 Sep 5, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone wins lottery money in time to pay bills. A miracle. A cat falls from a tree without getting hurt. A miracle. A turtle crosses a road without being run over. A miracle. Someone survives an illness. A miracle. The image of the virgin Mary on grilled cheese. A miracle. Someone doesn't recognize an illusion of perspective or know when they are delusional. Not miracles.
Those are not miracles.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#4486 Sep 5, 2013
<quoted text>
How old is the Earth? millions of years old.
Were Adam and Eve real people? Nope.
Was there a global flood? Nope.
Is Jesus alive in Heaven and watching you? Nope, he didnt exist.
See, not everyone who experienced a miracle believes in that gobbledeegook.
All false assumptions.
Knock off purse seller

Englewood, CO

#4487 Sep 5, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
All false assumptions.
A religious person would say that.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#4488 Sep 5, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
All false assumptions.
All "False" assumptions?.........really

The Earth is actually 4.5 billions years old.....scientific FACT.....not assumption.

There is absolutely NO evidence that points to Adam Nad Eve being real people....not an assumption, false because of zero evidence.

All Geological and scientific evidence show that a global flood NEVER took place....scientific FACT...not assumption.

There are no CONTEMPORARY accounts of Jesus outside of the bible. Lack of evidence for his existence point to a mythical being who's existence can only be traced through numerous stories passed down over many years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min Alt Right Lies 7,961
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 10 min waaasssuuup 123,925
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Anthony MN 681,981
News Can Americans trust the daily news? (Feb '15) 30 min AmPieJam UncleSam 3
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 34 min onemales mother 286,499
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr waaasssuuup 982,382
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr lil whispers 619,467
More from around the web