God is REAL - Miracles Happen!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#4402 Aug 4, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree... they almost have to be "better for you" than cigarettes.
However, the long term effects of inhaling chemically enhanced water vapor are still largely unknown. We will see if people aren't dropping left and right from pneumonia (or an offshoot there of) in 5-10 years.
Water and lungs don't get along very well either.
I never said vaping is good for you. As you stated, the jury is still out on if and/or how bad it might be. It is known that the often touted FDA study is greatly flawed in both methodology and summary.
Actually, the main ingredients (propylene glycol and/or vegetable glycerin) have been used medically in nebulizers and inhalers for quite a long while and the flavorings are food grade, if you get the "ejuice" from reputable suppliers.
As far as water in the lungs, I live in Florida where the humidity is often 80% and I haven't keeled over yet.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#4403 Aug 4, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony V. is being a good Christian, but I find it funny how many times you atheists can't agree on whether the principles of the Bible are good or evil.
When did you see me state anything negative about spiritual principles? I don't condone liars, even (or especially) when they do it in defense of religion - that is a bad thing?
You paint me with a broad brush, but then I never said you were trying to be a good christian, I said Tony V. is.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#4404 Aug 4, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
When did you see me state anything negative about spiritual principles? I don't condone liars, even (or especially) when they do it in defense of religion - that is a bad thing?
You paint me with a broad brush, but then I never said you were trying to be a good christian, I said Tony V. is.
A 42 year old man who is advertising for an 18 year old woman is contemptable, no matter how "good" you think he is trying to be.
Tony

Lynwood, CA

#4405 Aug 4, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
A 42 year old man who is advertising for an 18 year old woman is contemptable, no matter how "good" you think he is trying to be.
That was an old dating page, and it actually said a woman who was 18-25, not 18. Now I am thinking a woman who is 25-35. I want a woman who is still young enough to have children, I have always wanted a big family. The world cannot deny my right to have a family just because I am over 40.

Salute,

Tony V.
Tony

Lynwood, CA

#4406 Aug 4, 2013
"For everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith."

— 1 John 5:4

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#4407 Aug 4, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said vaping is good for you. As you stated, the jury is still out on if and/or how bad it might be. It is known that the often touted FDA study is greatly flawed in both methodology and summary.
Actually, the main ingredients (propylene glycol and/or vegetable glycerin) have been used medically in nebulizers and inhalers for quite a long while and the flavorings are food grade, if you get the "ejuice" from reputable suppliers.
As far as water in the lungs, I live in Florida where the humidity is often 80% and I haven't keeled over yet.
Excellent points.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#4408 Aug 5, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony V. is being a good Christian, but I find it funny how many times you atheists can't agree on whether the principles of the Bible are good or evil.
It just isn't that simple.

Which principals?

God's mandate for slavery?
Thou shalt not steal?
The teachings of Christ?
The murder of witches?
That you are born sick and ordered to be well?
Being convicted of thought crime?
Helping the less fortunate?

If by principals you mean moral values.. the bible is all over the place.

You can't define slavery as "good"
You can't define charity as "evil"

For example...

Christians regard Jesus' birth, teachings, and even his death...as being "good things"

However, not until "gentle Jesus meek and mild" does the idea of an eternal burning torture in a lake of fire come about.

I don't think the bible has any core principals at all.

Most christians will tell you "God is good". His actions and words indicate otherwise.

Remember, Yahwey was the Jewish god of WAR. And he was part of a polytheistic religion. His companions were Asherah and Ba'al.(they are in the bible) And they all answered to El, who was father of the gods.

"When the Most High [El] gave the nations their inheritance, when he divided all mankind, he set up boundaries for the peoples according to the number of the sons of Israel. For the LORD's [Yahweh's] portion is his people, Jacob his allotted inheritance." (New International Version)

That is why he bothers to say "No gods before me"... he himself acknowledges the others exist.

You can't expect the war god to display benevolence all the time.

Slowly, this became a monotheistic religion.

Which is progress, they are approaching the true number of gods but they just aren't there yet.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#4409 Aug 5, 2013
Annie-Bananie wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, you're the rude asshole I've seen around here, and secondly, me showing you proof may not mean anything to you. My belief in god is that fact that I've accepted that fact that not everything can be explained, and the fact of it is that I know that maybe someone created the universe. Not someone, "something", and no, I doubt we're just a cell, and I highly doubt that when you die, you remain in the ground for eternity, but I'm not going to waste my time on someone who is hard-headed like yourself.
paranoia causes delusion : not proof

“See how you are?”

Earth

#4410 Aug 5, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't find looking for a younger consenting adult partner any more contemptable for a male than it is for a cougar, nor any more contemptable than a chickee looking for a sugar daddy.

Location hidden

#4411 Aug 5, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
a poor start to a relationship of equals

but then the christian philosophy does not see women as equal to men

(at tony's age, disabilities and lack of intellect, what woman would want him?)

Since: Aug 13

New York, NY

#4412 Aug 5, 2013
Testing

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#4416 Aug 5, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.
A mid-40's man (or woman) having a relationship with a mid-20's woman (or man) is usually unbalanced in favor of the older person.
They can, and usually do, dominate the relationship because of their life experience.

A 20 year difference in ages is not as apparent in older couples (say 30 and 50), both having had time to mature.
But using a teenager because you want to breed is just disgusting.

I agree, some people don't want a real woman. They want a doll to play with.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#4417 Aug 5, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
(at tony's age, disabilities and lack of intellect, what woman would want him?)
Try not to call people stupid simply for believing in god.

The most elite minds can be mislead/tricked/fooled. Especially when the trickery is introduced at an impressionable age. A lot of them were fed a line of crap by the people they most trusted.

If you have other reasons for assuming a lack of intellect...fine.

But calling a believer stupid... or attempting to make them feel lesser never helps. Only with the strength to rely on their own cognitive faculties will they ever free themselves.

Location hidden

#4419 Aug 5, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Try not to call people stupid simply for believing in god.
The most elite minds can be mislead/tricked/fooled. Especially when the trickery is introduced at an impressionable age. A lot of them were fed a line of crap by the people they most trusted.
If you have other reasons for assuming a lack of intellect...fine.
But calling a believer stupid... or attempting to make them feel lesser never helps. Only with the strength to rely on their own cognitive faculties will they ever free themselves.
the propensity to belief is inversely related to intellect
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#4420 Aug 5, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
No I didn't . Where did you come up with that lie, you stupid dumbass? Last I heard, atheist dumbshits that call themselves doctors do that in abortion (murder) clinics. Atheists will do any horrid thing to make a buck.
I laugh with glee ever time I demonstrate that my knowledge of the bible is superior to that of a Christian. You really haven't read your holy book have you? If you had you would KNOW that your demon God murdered all of the first born male babies of the Egyptians. You would also KNOW that your demon God had a hissy fit and flooded the entire globe killing all but a few people. On the planet, at that time, were hundreds of thousands of innocent little babies and hundreds of thousands of pregnant women. Your God saw to it that all of those unborn fetuses died along with all of the innocent little children. So when you say...."Where did I come up with that lie." You now KNOW it wasn't a lie and the evidence can be found in your holy book. You should read it every once in a while, just so as to not look so completely stupid. ha ha ha ...I just love it when you display your biblical ignorance,,,,,too FUNNY!!!!

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#4421 Aug 5, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
the propensity to belief is inversely related to intellect
I believe you are incorrect. Furthermore, I don't think you can back that statement with anything but the words themselves.

A believer gave us our most basic laws of physics, invented calculus in an afternoon, gave us universal gravitation, conversed with people such as Voltaire...I could go on.

But I suppose you feel you are intellectually superior to people like Isaac Newton.

How is belittling believers helpful?

Save maybe attempting to elevate yourself.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#4422 Aug 5, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you are incorrect. Furthermore, I don't think you can back that statement with anything but the words themselves.
A believer gave us our most basic laws of physics, invented calculus in an afternoon, gave us universal gravitation, conversed with people such as Voltaire...I could go on.
But I suppose you feel you are intellectually superior to people like Isaac Newton.
There is often a very fine line between genius and insanity. it's not hard to compartmentalize the genius aspect and be completely irrational in many others. Richard Wagner truly believed he was as a God, that he had in fact created a new form of music. He music was genius, but the delusional aspect associated with him borders on insanity. Very intelligent people can be brainwashed, especially if that brainwashing involves religious beliefs and started at an early age. It's common knowledge that people who are highly intelligent on one particular field, know little, nor care about, much else.

I find it truly amazing that anyone who claims to be a critical thinker can even begin to accept talking snakes, a magical fruit tree, a man created from a pile of dirt, a fully formed women from one of his torn out ribs, an ark that contained every living on the face of the planet, zombies rising from their graves and strolling around the city, and so much more absolute foolishness.

I do believe that intelligence is directly connected to logic, reason, and skepticism. A little research will show you that those with higher I.Q's tend to NOT believe in God.

Here, in my opinion is the danger of unsupported beliefs. They absolve the believer of all responsibilities. They have diminished respect for others who do not share their beliefs or faith. Convinced that the bible offers the only truth, they lose intellectual curiosity and their ability to reason. Their priorities become NOT the world they live in, but themselves. The more people prioritize themselves, the weaker society becomes and the greater the likelihood of anti-social behavior.

Location hidden

#4423 Aug 6, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
I was referring to current demographics, not 300 yr old, that has another explanation

Since: May 11

Reality, USA

#4424 Aug 6, 2013
The explanation of "godly" miracles!
http://www.atheistmemebase.com/2013/08/01/fre...

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#4425 Aug 6, 2013
USN Atheist wrote:
The explanation of "godly" miracles!
http://www.atheistmemebase.com/2013/08/01/fre...
Many thanks for the link to a wonderfully informative site.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Michael 596,156
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Stilgar Fifrawi 854,558
The Christian Atheist debate 11 min -Alan S Shole- 893
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 12 min I Am No One_ 444,291
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 15 min andet1987 6,131
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 1 hr Grunt56 221,819
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr lovewithin 40,693
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 hr Charlie Sheen 272,082
More from around the web