Tony

Mission Viejo, CA

#4242 Jul 12, 2013
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."

— Matthew 7:13-14
Tony

Mission Viejo, CA

#4244 Jul 13, 2013
"I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge -- that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."

Ephesians 3:16-19
Tony

Mission Viejo, CA

#4245 Jul 15, 2013
Bible Verse Of The Day

Monday, July 15, 2013

— Isaiah 40:28-31 —

Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

Hoping in the Lord, is expecting that His promise of strength will help us to rise above life’s distractions and difficulties. It means trusting in God. Trusting helps us to be prepared when He speaks to us. Then, we will be patient when He asks us to wait and expect Him to fulfill the promises found in His Word.

http://www.barbaralehrman.com/

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#4246 Jul 15, 2013
I read this on another discussion board and was charmed.
It illustrates the difference between Reason and Faith beautifully.
A guy named Joe wrote:

I used to ask my dad, "What does God look like?".
And he'd say like us, that we were made in his image.

And I'd say, well does he have eyes?
And my dad would say well I believe he would.
And I'd say "Why? Eyes are photon receptors. Why does God need a surface to capture photons. Doesn't he just "know" everything?"

And I'd say, "Well does God have feet?"
And my dad would say well I believe he would.
And I'd say "Why? Can't he just appear anywhere?"

And I'd ask, "Well does God have a penis?"
And my dad would get angry.
And I'd say "What would he need reproductive parts for? Is there a lady God out there he wants to get all up inside her?"

And I'd ask, "Does God have a stomach and intestines and does he go poop?"
And my dad would basically just stop talking with me and say there was a God and that was that.
Tony

Mission Viejo, CA

#4247 Jul 16, 2013
Do not say, "I'll pay you back for this wrong!" Wait for the LORD, and he will deliver you.

— Proverbs 20:22

Since: Mar 11

Surrey Hills, Australia

#4248 Jul 17, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>This Tony guy is hopeless. He just can't accept anything that shows how twisted the contents of the bible really are. How people can turn a blind eye to the evils contained in the bible is testimony to the complete and utter brainwashing that people allow religion to do to them. I don't even respond to him anymore. He is in fact stricken with a severe mental illness. He lacks the ability to tell the difference between what is real and what is only imagined. His infected mind will never accept his God of doing anything wrong. I truly do feel intense pity for him.
I haven't read the bible so I'm glad, you lot have! Children shouldn't be allowed to read it! How anyone can believe in the bible as some book of fact totally amazes me. But they do and refer to it as the truth.
Tony

Mission Viejo, CA

#4249 Jul 17, 2013
Bible Verse Of The Day

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

— Micah 7:18 —

Who is a God like you,
who pardons sin and forgives the transgression
of the remnant of his inheritance?
You do not stay angry forever
but delight to show mercy.

God delights to show mercy! He does not forgive grudgingly, but is glad when we repent an offers forgiveness to all who come back to Him. Today you can confess your sins and receive His loving forgiveness. Don't be too proud to accept God's free offer.

http://www.barbaralehrman.com/
Tony

Mission Viejo, CA

#4250 Jul 17, 2013
Please share your ideas with Mayor Garcetti on ways to improve Los Angeles, he is the new mayor of Los Angeles and he is asking for ideas.

Here is a link for a thread that I started on the Topix page for Los Angeles pertaining sending ideas to Garcetti...

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/los-angeles-c...

All of the best,

Tony V.
Tony

Mission Viejo, CA

#4251 Jul 17, 2013
Daily Bible Verse - 7/17/13

“A generous man will himself be blessed, for he shares his food with the poor"

Proverbs 22:9

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#4252 Jul 17, 2013
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. And, the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand.
It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics: You are all stardust.

You couldn't be here if stars hadn't exploded,
because the elements – the carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, iron, all the things that matter for
evolution and for life – weren’t created at the beginning of time.
They were created in the nuclear furnaces of stars, and the only way for them to get into your body is if those stars were kind enough to explode.

So, forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today.
-- Lawrence Maxwell Krass

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#4253 Jul 17, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. And, the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand.
It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics: You are all stardust.
You couldn't be here if stars hadn't exploded,
because the elements – the carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, iron, all the things that matter for
evolution and for life – weren’t created at the beginning of time.
They were created in the nuclear furnaces of stars, and the only way for them to get into your body is if those stars were kind enough to explode.
So, forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today.
-- Lawrence Maxwell Krass
Krauss is awesome. He owes some of that quote to Sagan.

The truth so much more fascinating and magnificent than any fable I have ever read.

The best part....there is more to know.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#4254 Jul 18, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Krauss is awesome. He owes some of that quote to Sagan.
The truth so much more fascinating and magnificent than any fable I have ever read.
The best part....there is more to know.
Yes, the more we think we know, the more there is to learn.
And we don't HAVE to know everything. That isn't the goal.
It is the process of LEARNING. Those wonderful "Ah hah!" moments.
Tony

Mission Viejo, CA

#4255 Jul 19, 2013
"The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray."

1 Peter 4:7

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#4256 Jul 19, 2013
“If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on,
it would never be created exactly that way again.
There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense.

If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way
to figure it all out again.”

~~Penn Jillette

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#4258 Jul 20, 2013
Fanaticism is nothing more than overcompensation for doubt.

-- Robertson Davies, Manticore (1972), quoted from James A Haught, ed., 2000 Years of Disbelief

Since: Mar 11

Melbourne, Australia

#4259 Jul 20, 2013
Tony wrote:
God is real, and miracles happen for those who believe. God has given me miracles in my life, please watch my video for which I provided a link on the first post of this thread.
Also, here is a video of a student film that I did at USC film school a long time ago, back when my hair was short. I hope that you enjoy it.
http://youtu.be/GJ2wBMgs-lQ
All of the best,
Tony V.
But miracles happen to those who don't believe, and horror happens to those who Do believe. How many times has God helped people who have been worshiping in one of HIS Churches, when they have been attached and burnt to death in Gods House. Did he stop that? That would have been dam good time for him to show himself instead he let them die horribly, when all they were doing was praying.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#4260 Jul 20, 2013
nice sharing!

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#4261 Jul 21, 2013
alan019 wrote:
nice sharing!
Thanks.
Tony

Mira Loma, CA

#4263 Jul 21, 2013
Sunday, July 21, 2013

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."

Psalm 91:1-2
twenty three

Denver, CO

#4264 Jul 21, 2013
Tony wrote:
Sunday, July 21, 2013
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."
Psalm 91:1-2
I should re-write Revelations. That'd scare ya.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min guest 559,324
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min pusherman_ 774,923
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 54 min WildWeirdWillie 175,596
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Epiphany2 604,955
Moses never existed 1 hr KiMare 744
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Rat jeez loaded 119,644
Why do Mexicans try to be white so bad? (Mar '09) 2 hr nomoreillegal 625
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Barnsweb 441,764
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Aura Mytha 265,082
More from around the web