Tony

Anaheim, CA

#4224 Jul 2, 2013
If you have not seen the movie "Blood In, Blood Out" yet, then I highly recommend that you see it.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#4225 Jul 2, 2013
Tony wrote:
God is real, and miracles happen for those who believe. God has given me miracles in my life, please watch my video for which I provided a link on the first post of this thread.
Also, here is a video of a student film that I did at USC film school a long time ago, back when my hair was short. I hope that you enjoy it.
http://youtu.be/GJ2wBMgs-lQ
All of the best,
Tony V.
You love to quote the bible, is this the book you are referring to......The Bible..."A childlike view of the universe and the unceasing tyranny of a vengeful sky father, promoted by a self-serving make dominated bureaucracy deriving its authority from anonymously authored ancient tales and antiquated edits." This is the holy book you love to quote from?......yeah....I thought so!!!!!
Tony

Anaheim, CA

#4226 Jul 3, 2013
I love the Bible, and yes, I read the Bible, and I quote the Bible. I need to study the Bible more. I try to read the Bible everyday and learn verses everyday.

All of the best,

Tony V.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#4227 Jul 3, 2013
Tony wrote:
I love the Bible, and yes, I read the Bible, and I quote the Bible. I need to study the Bible more. I try to read the Bible everyday and learn verses everyday.
All of the best,
Tony V.
Here are the parts you should focus on.

1.) Were God condones and encourages slavery.

2.) Were God murders all of the Egyptian first born males, just little innocent babies.

3.) Were God has a temper tantrum and floods the entire globe, thereby murdering thousands of innocent little babies and children, along with thousands of pregnant women, destroying their unborn fetuses.

4.) Were God summons wild animals to tear mischievous teenagers tom pieces. Their crime? Taunting an old man with a bald head.

5.) Were Gods law has a rape victim forced to marry forever, her rapist.

6.) Were Gods law permits the beating of slaves with a rod provided they don't die within three days. After three days, and the slave dies form their injuries, no penalty for the slave owner.

7.) Were God forces a father to murder his own son to show his love for God. Yes I know, God intervened at the last moment, but MAJOR phycological damage was done to both father and son.

8.) Were God participates in blood sacrifice, making a deal to help a warrior win a battle but in payment the warrior must kill the first person he see's on his return home. He see's his one and only beloved daughter. Yes, God demanded he fulfill his bargain and kill her.

9.) Were God promotes the rape of young girls by telling Moses his soldiers my keep all the virgins for their own as spoils of war.

10.) Were Gods law on slavery allows a non-Jew to be kept as a slave for life and even allowed to pass on the slave as an inheritance to his children.

Yes, yes, do continue to read your evil holy book, just make sure you avoid these evils and focus on the other, just like all two-faced Christians!!!!! By avoiding these passages your not only deluded as a Christian but dishonest!!!

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#4228 Jul 3, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Here are the parts you should focus on.
1.) Were God condones and encourages slavery.
2.) Were God murders all of the Egyptian first born males, just little innocent babies.
3.) Were God has a temper tantrum and floods the entire globe, thereby murdering thousands of innocent little babies and children, along with thousands of pregnant women, destroying their unborn fetuses.
4.) Were God summons wild animals to tear mischievous teenagers tom pieces. Their crime? Taunting an old man with a bald head.
5.) Were Gods law has a rape victim forced to marry forever, her rapist.
6.) Were Gods law permits the beating of slaves with a rod provided they don't die within three days. After three days, and the slave dies form their injuries, no penalty for the slave owner.
7.) Were God forces a father to murder his own son to show his love for God. Yes I know, God intervened at the last moment, but MAJOR phycological damage was done to both father and son.
8.) Were God participates in blood sacrifice, making a deal to help a warrior win a battle but in payment the warrior must kill the first person he see's on his return home. He see's his one and only beloved daughter. Yes, God demanded he fulfill his bargain and kill her.
9.) Were God promotes the rape of young girls by telling Moses his soldiers my keep all the virgins for their own as spoils of war.
10.) Were Gods law on slavery allows a non-Jew to be kept as a slave for life and even allowed to pass on the slave as an inheritance to his children.
Yes, yes, do continue to read your evil holy book, just make sure you avoid these evils and focus on the other, just like all two-faced Christians!!!!! By avoiding these passages your not only deluded as a Christian but dishonest!!!
Exactly. Reading the babble is a major factor for turning Christians into atheist.
Reading what it really says shows what a horror old Yahweh is.

If a Christian is honest with themself, he/she can see that "faith" can't be maintained without keeping their eyes closed and fingers firmly in their ears.
I, for one, do not want to live my life like that.
Tony

Anaheim, CA

#4229 Jul 3, 2013
Bible Verse Of The Day

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

— Romans 8:1 —

"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus..."

"Not guilty — let him go free." What would those words mean to you if you were on death row? The fact is that the whole human race is on death row now, justly condemned for repeatedly breaking God's holy law. Without Jesus we would have no hope at all. But thank God! He has declared us not guilty and has offered us freedom from sin and power to do his will.

http://www.barbaralehrman.com/
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#4230 Jul 3, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Reading the babble is a major factor for turning Christians into atheist.
Reading what it really says shows what a horror old Yahweh is.
If a Christian is honest with themself, he/she can see that "faith" can't be maintained without keeping their eyes closed and fingers firmly in their ears.
I, for one, do not want to live my life like that.
This Tony guy is hopeless. He just can't accept anything that shows how twisted the contents of the bible really are. How people can turn a blind eye to the evils contained in the bible is testimony to the complete and utter brainwashing that people allow religion to do to them. I don't even respond to him anymore. He is in fact stricken with a severe mental illness. He lacks the ability to tell the difference between what is real and what is only imagined. His infected mind will never accept his God of doing anything wrong. I truly do feel intense pity for him.

Since: Mar 11

Pascoe Vale, Australia

#4231 Jul 4, 2013
Tony wrote:
One time I had two uncles who were in prison, and I was corresponding via letters with both of them. And one uncle wrote to me and he told me that the Whites were on lock-down because a White guy stabbed a Black guy, and he went on to tell me about how everyone is divided up by race in prison, and after he explained everything I was pissed that the prison system was turning everyone into racists, and so I wrote a letter and sent it to the warden of the prison, and I told him to stop turning all of the prisoners into racists, and I told him to mix the people up, and I told him to put them all in with each other, mix the Whites and Blacks and Latinos and Asians up, so that they do not turn into racists. When I wrote to my other uncle and told him what I said in the letter to the warden at the prison where my other uncle was, he responded by telling me that I was going to get them all killed. Anyhow, they still promote racism in prison, nothing has changed. But, at least I tried to help to promote a better world.
Salute,
Tony V.
So they were not racist before they went into jail!!! They have to split them cause they keep killing each other. This is also what happens in the streets isn't it? Race against race.

“Hello Winter”

Since: Oct 12

Karachi,Pakistan

#4232 Jul 4, 2013

Pascoe Vale, Australia

#4233 Jul 4, 2013
Tony wrote:
In regard to another important subject...
Here is a thread that I started on the Topix forum for the Philippines, pertaining how to save and improve our world economy.
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/philippines/...
Salute,
Tony V.
What would be the point when your God is going to kill us all? And from what many religious people claim it's happening very soon!

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#4234 Jul 4, 2013
saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
So they were not racist before they went into jail!!! They have to split them cause they keep killing each other. This is also what happens in the streets isn't it? Race against race.
Tony spends so much time in his fantasy world, he has difficulty with the issues of the real world.

He thinks it is so simple to fix environmental, social, and economic problems. He has often posted links to solutions of his very own design.

And he wonders why no one is listening to him.

Tony has the naivete of a ten year old.

Australia

#4235 Jul 8, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
Sorry, my previous post should have been addressed to Tony, not saidl.
Not that I expect an answer.
Tony will just post some ridiculous babble passage.
Yeah that was funny, my ex-manfriend was called Tony, I thought he must be checking up on me.....and gone even madder, wanting to marry me!!!

Australia

#4236 Jul 8, 2013
I went to meet my daughter at one of her classes today, when I walked in they were deep in conversation, "I had 2 car crashes and should have died"! these kind of statements!
How does anyone know they should have been dead in a car accident? Do car accidents come with mathematical equations? Living through a car accident isn't a miracle. It's "lucky".
Tony

Anaheim, CA

#4237 Jul 8, 2013
"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity."

Colossians 3:12-14
Tony

Anaheim, CA

#4238 Jul 8, 2013
My friend Tom had a guy in his group home (a men's shelter for homeless men) that he manages who kept burning himself with a lighter, he burned himself so bad once that he had to go to the hospital and have surgery and they had to take skin off of his leg to put on his arm. Some people turn everything inward when they get upset, and they hurt themselves, instead of turning it outward and getting it out in healthy ways, or by attacking others, etc. I told Tom to buy a note pad and a pen for the guy and tell the guy to start writing poetry, writing poetry is a good way to express yourself and writing poetry is a good way to get things out in a healthy way. Tom said that the guy was going to counseling, and that the councilors would advise the guy in good ways, and that we did not have to worry about it. Well, the guy burned himself again, and he had to go back to the hospital, so obviously whatever the councilor told him did not work. I know from personal experience that writing poetry works, I started writing poetry when I was a little kid as a way to express myself in healthy ways, I had to deal with my father dying when I was nine years old, just before my tenth birthday, etc. And you do not have to share your poetry with anyone in order for it to be therapeutic, the main thing is just to get everything out and express yourself. The only reason why I eventually shared my poetry with people was because everyone who read my poetry told me that it is awesome and they told me that I had to share it with people. I have had over one hundred poems published, and I wrote a book of poetry, etc, so what turned out as a simple way to express myself turned into something more. Anyhow, if I was Tom I would give a notebook pad and a pen to every guy in the house and I would tell them to write poetry, and I would tell them that they can keep it private and that they do not have to share it with anyone, but that they should write poetry as a healthy form of self expression. But, I am not managing the house, so it is not my position, I gave my advice to Tom, and he is not obligated to do it. So, Tom did not do it, the guy burned himself again, and then Tom was forced to kick the guy out of his house, so the guy is gone now.

And I think that all therapists should be aware of the fact that writing poetry is therapeutic, and it is a cheap and simple way that people can help themselves.

All of the best,

Tony V.

P.S.- Here is a web page with a few of my poems on it... I hope that you enjoy my poetry.

http://more.showfax.com/bbs2/viewtopic.php...
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#4240 Jul 8, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a fact.
Sorry, hate to disappoint you but......FACT....."Someth ing that is INDISPUTABLY the case."......."A piece of INFORMATION used as EVIDENCE." So you see it is NOT a fact...it is a belief, a totally unsupported belief. FACTS are ALWAYS supported with head evidence. So once again,,,,sorry for your delusion.
Tony

Mission Viejo, CA

#4241 Jul 9, 2013
Daily Bible Verse

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

"Wise men store up knowledge, but the mouth of a fool invites ruin."

Proverbs 10:14
Tony

Mission Viejo, CA

#4242 Jul 12, 2013
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."

— Matthew 7:13-14
Tony

Mission Viejo, CA

#4244 Jul 13, 2013
"I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge -- that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."

Ephesians 3:16-19
Tony

Mission Viejo, CA

#4245 Jul 15, 2013
Bible Verse Of The Day

Monday, July 15, 2013

— Isaiah 40:28-31 —

Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

Hoping in the Lord, is expecting that His promise of strength will help us to rise above life’s distractions and difficulties. It means trusting in God. Trusting helps us to be prepared when He speaks to us. Then, we will be patient when He asks us to wait and expect Him to fulfill the promises found in His Word.

http://www.barbaralehrman.com/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Pad 568,268
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 795,541
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min onemale 267,457
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 24 min Fix that rodentloder 120,740
Scientific proof for God's existence 31 min Mickey Mouse 581
first gay experience? 35 min Tony 3
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 45 min karl44 442,017
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Truth from dr Sh... 607,212
More from around the web