“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#4041 Apr 1, 2013
Save It wrote:
If god was real kids would never get molested or be sold into sexual slavery. There is no god, only evil losers we need to keep in jail or execute. It is UP to us to have peace on earth. No god is going to save anyone here or anywhere else.
True. "God" is either a sadist monster or non-existant.
I'll give "him" the benefit of the doubt and go with non-existant.

Oh yeah, there is also the lack of any evidence for "him" so, yep, definitely non-existant.
Expert in All Things

Cottonwood, CA

#4042 Apr 1, 2013
Save It wrote:
If god was real kids would never get molested or be sold into sexual slavery. There is no god, only evil losers we need to keep in jail or execute. It is UP to us to have peace on earth. No god is going to save anyone here or anywhere else.
How do you know this is true?
Expert in All Things

Cottonwood, CA

#4043 Apr 1, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
True. "God" is either a sadist monster or non-existant.
I'll give "him" the benefit of the doubt and go with non-existant.
Oh yeah, there is also the lack of any evidence for "him" so, yep, definitely non-existant.
Who taught you this faulty logic?

Absence of evidence does not equate to evidence of absence.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#4044 Apr 1, 2013
Expert in All Things wrote:
<quoted text>
AKA "The check's in the mail," "The dog ate my homework," "The fish was this big," and "It was a MIRACLE!"

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#4045 Apr 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Face it, some things are simply MORE LIKELY than other things.

The LIKELYHOOD of the existance of a universe-creating superbeing who is so very insecure that he needs constant adoration from one of his creations, is jealous, violent, petty and cruel (in other words, the Christian "god") is small enough as to be virtually zero.

Is there a universe-creating superbeing which we know nothing about? I suppose it's possible but still see no proof of it.
Expert in All Things

Cottonwood, CA

#4046 Apr 1, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Face it, some things are simply MORE LIKELY than other things.
The LIKELYHOOD of the existance of a universe-creating superbeing who is so very insecure that he needs constant adoration from one of his creations, is jealous, violent, petty and cruel (in other words, the Christian "god") is small enough as to be virtually zero.
Is there a universe-creating superbeing which we know nothing about? I suppose it's possible but still see no proof of it.
That may be so, but I simply pointed out that it is faulty use of logic to presume to the absence of evidence equals evidence of absence. Do you disagree?

Again, who is teaching you this stuff? Why do you believe this?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#4047 Apr 2, 2013
<quoted text>
That may be so, but I simply pointed out that it is faulty use of logic to presume to the absence of evidence equals evidence of absence. Do you disagree?
Wesley Snipes should have gone with the argument "Just because you haven't seen my tax returns for a few years does not mean they don't exist." Conversely, if a drunk going through DTs sees pink elephants, are you going to rush to his room so that you can see them, too?

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#4048 Apr 2, 2013
If we have trust then we can feel God is there.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#4049 Apr 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Disagree? All right, let's test your statement logically. What letter falls between M and N? While we know that there are a fixed number of letters, we also know that fractions exist. What letter occupies the position 13.5 in the alphabet?
Now lets test your statement practically. I'll issue the statement that I believe that you have used the letters J, K, Q, and Z along with the number 1,234,567,890 in your post.
Do you find those letters or any numbers? No? Then by your logic, you cannot demonstrate that you have not used those characters in the above post, the case is simply that you lack the ability to find them - therefore my belief is justified, rational and reasonable.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#4050 Apr 2, 2013
<quoted text>
I would think the post to which you are responding would give you that answer. Read it again.
<quoted text> Again, who is teaching you this stuff? Why do you believe this?
Who? No one person in particular. My conclusions come from reading many different sources and topics.
Why? Because it makes sense. I have made some rational and logical conclusions.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#4051 Apr 2, 2013
<quoted text>
"faulty logic?" Are you kidding? Here for your information....LOGIC 101.....Either A is or A isn't, there is NO third choice. We KNOW that A is, only if there is evidence. Without evidence we have NO idea if A exists.

That appears on the outside to be a very sound statement,"Absents of evidence does not equate to evidence of absents." But when you approach it from logical standpoint, it just collapses. We live in a world where something is either real or it isn't, it's really that simple. There is only ONE methodology used to determine if something is real and exits in the naturalistic realm, and that methodology is science. We simple have NO other means to make that determination. Science is based on evidence and factual information. Without evidence science cannot make any determination as to whether something exists or not. I don't believe in absolutes, so the only thing a logical person can say is that without evidence, the subject in question most probably does not exist.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#4052 Apr 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Then you have the philosophical burden of proof....now go find some bona fide evidence.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#4053 Apr 2, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>"faulty logic?" Are you kidding? Here for your information....LOGIC 101.....Either A is or A isn't, there is NO third choice. We KNOW that A is, only if there is evidence. Without evidence we have NO idea if A exists.
That appears on the outside to be a very sound statement,"Absents of evidence does not equate to evidence of absents." But when you approach it from logical standpoint, it just collapses. We live in a world where something is either real or it isn't, it's really that simple. There is only ONE methodology used to determine if something is real and exits in the naturalistic realm, and that methodology is science. We simple have NO other means to make that determination. Science is based on evidence and factual information. Without evidence science cannot make any determination as to whether something exists or not. I don't believe in absolutes, so the only thing a logical person can say is that without evidence, the subject in question most probably does not exist.
Ironically, Carl Sagan coined the phrase "Absence of evidence....", a play on the latin "argumentum ad ignorantiam" or an arguement based on an appeal to ignorance.

Sagan also said, "I would love to believe that when I die I will live again, that some thinking, feeling, remembering part of me will continue. But much as I want to believe that, and despite the ancient and worldwide cultural traditions that assert an afterlife, I know of nothing to suggest that it is more than wishful thinking."

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#4054 Apr 2, 2013
ampmexterminators wrote:
If we have trust then we can feel God is there.
You mean that one must have a predisposition to believe before they can believe??? Talk about faulty logic;0)

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#4055 Apr 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Your name is ludicrous in and of itself....who is teaching you this stuff? Why would you even remotely believe that you are an expert in all things?
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#4056 Apr 2, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Ironically, Carl Sagan coined the phrase "Absence of evidence....", a play on the latin "argumentum ad ignorantiam" or an arguement based on an appeal to ignorance.
Sagan also said, "I would love to believe that when I die I will live again, that some thinking, feeling, remembering part of me will continue. But much as I want to believe that, and despite the ancient and worldwide cultural traditions that assert an afterlife, I know of nothing to suggest that it is more than wishful thinking."
Bertrand Russell....."When considering any matter of philosophy ask yourself ONLY what are the facts and what is the truth that the facts bear out. Never let yourself be diverted either by what you wish to believe or by what you think would have been socially acceptable to believe, but look only and solely at what the facts are."

I often wonder why this philosophy is so terribly difficult for theists. I suppose their imaginary world would crumble around them if they adopted this approach, pretty sad!!!!!
Tony

Los Angeles, CA

#4057 Apr 3, 2013
"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love."

1 John 4:18 (NIV)

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#4058 Apr 3, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Bertrand Russell....."When considering any matter of philosophy ask yourself ONLY what are the facts and what is the truth that the facts bear out. Never let yourself be diverted either by what you wish to believe or by what you think would have been socially acceptable to believe, but look only and solely at what the facts are."
I often wonder why this philosophy is so terribly difficult for theists. I suppose their imaginary world would crumble around them if they adopted this approach, pretty sad!!!!!
Yes, sad. The promise of an eternal life is just too strong for most people. They will defend their fantasy to the point of being bamboozled by any predator, they will suffer and deny themselves in this life to help ensure the fantasy world.

I can understand the need for a code of ethics, a reason for people to cooperate with one another. I just don't understand why it has to have the magical aspect. I guess that the premise of one day the good theist will 'know all' has it's allure also.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#4059 Apr 4, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, sad. The promise of an eternal life is just too strong for most people. They will defend their fantasy to the point of being bamboozled by any predator, they will suffer and deny themselves in this life to help ensure the fantasy world.
I can understand the need for a code of ethics, a reason for people to cooperate with one another. I just don't understand why it has to have the magical aspect. I guess that the premise of one day the good theist will 'know all' has it's allure also.
To absolutely convince oneself of an afterlife has to translate into this life being a mere interlude before the main event. In doing so, it is inevitable that life as we know it becomes less precious, less appreciated. I am totally convinced that those who realize this is the only life we have, live it to the fullest. Just another demonstration as to how religion poisons everything!!
witheld

Gallipolis, OH

#4060 Apr 4, 2013
I wish you would all pray for my son on drugs that he would quit

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Tony17 548,690
Appjoy invite code (Apr '14) 14 min Ice 110
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 24 min RADEKT 261,678
The REAL reason Oscar Pistorius was sent straig... 24 min Doctor REALITY 12
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 30 min Dave Nelson 230,005
Enabling Telepathic Communication With-In One Mind 33 min selina london 17
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 39 min Jared 172
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 40 min Skombolis 602,178
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 45 min BobbyB1990 750,700
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 4 hr chevyguy 127

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE